Maximum Stats and Size... Non-Exhaustive Tests

Here's what I did. This is not exhaustive. I did not test every possible variable. I might do that later.

I am trying to test each weight class, with a workers starts at 0, 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54, 60, 66, 72, 78, 84, 90, 96 for all stats. In other words, there is a worker with 0 in all stats, a worker with 6 in all stats... etc... All workers are Regular Wrestlers. All Wrestlers are 18 years old. All workers are set to Potential as "Excellent", and I did narratives for each worker to reach the Potential at 10.

I've tested Giant, Super Heavyweight, Big Heavyweight, Heavyweight, and Light Heavyweight classes.

Giants and Super Heavyweights:

Here's some interesting I found out. Whether starting 0, 6, 18, 24, they all max out at 30 in Athleticism. they also max out 30 in Aerial, Flashiness, Mat Wrestling, and Chain Wrestling. I'm not exactly sure if the lack of Athleticism is correlated with the lack of Aerial, Flashiness, Mat Wrestling, and Chain Wrestling, or independent of each other. They also max out at 65 in Stamina.

To test if this is correct, I also did workers at 30 and above for both weight classes. While there is no drop in stats when I did the Max Potential Narrative at 10, there was also no increase.

Respect, Reputation, Menace, Stiffness, Resilience, Refereeing, and MMA style neither went up or down with the Max Potential Narrative at 10.

All other stats, which is Brawling, Puroresu, Hardcore, Submissions, Microphone, Charisma, Acting, Announcing, Toughness, Power, Basics, Psychology, Safety, Consistency, Selling, Sex Appeal, Star Quality, and Intensity can reach a 100, Destiny and Potential permitting.

That seems to indicate the in-game limit growths for Super Heavyweights and Giants are primarily in Athleticism, Mat Wrestling, Chain Wrestling, Aerial, and Flashiness.

Respect, Reputation, Meance, Stiffness, Resilience, Refeering, and MMA style were untestable, simply because my tests indicated they do not react to the Max Potential Narrative.

Conclusion? Well, it's quite obvious Giants and Super Heavyweights will be extremely unlikely to Spot Monkeys, Cruiserweights, Japanese Juniors, or Luchadors in the game (but that's pretty obvious already). What's more telling, though, is that they will almost never be Technicians in the game. Interestingly, they can have an A* in Submissions. It also seems Giants had a better Power and Toughness gain than Super Heavyweights, though I can't prove it.

More later. :)

:).

Nothing to say about this? :p Think about this. Boris Kiryakin becomes a Rumble Machine, but his sole weakness is Technical and Aerial (except Submissions). He gets taken down, but he submits the guy with a gogiplata! What do you say to that? :p Or mayve that's too flashy for Boris...a guillotine choke. :)

No response. Ahem... continue.

Big Heavyweights and Heavyweights:

Athleticism, Chain Wrestling, Mat Wrestling, Aerial, and Flashiness all max out at 45. Stamina maxes out at 70.

I just want to note that, Giants, Super Heavyweights, Big Heavyweights, and Heavyweights all have the potential to reach a 100 in Toughness and Power. However, my eyeball observation seems suggest that the less weight they are, the lower the toughness and power. This is especially true of Power.

I just find it amazing that after 5 years, we're still figuring out stuff like this. Speaks tons for the complexity of the game

Indeed. You know that you are playing a classic game if years later you are still finding out stuff about in game stuff. TEW, WMMA, Street Fighter II, Soul Calibur, Tekken, those are all games that I'm still finding out news things about (mostly combos for the fighting games). So I know which games are classics! At least I think that they are. :p:cool:

No response. Ahem... continue.

Big Heavyweights and Heavyweights:

Athleticism, Chain Wrestling, Mat Wrestling, Aerial, and Flashiness all max out at 45. Stamina maxes out at 70.

I just want to note that, Giants, Super Heavyweights, Big Heavyweights, and Heavyweights all have the potential to reach a 100 in Toughness and Power. However, my eyeball observation seems suggest that the less weight they are, the lower the toughness and power. This is especially true of Power.

I can partially confirm some of this, as Marcus McKing (Heavyweight) capped out at 45 in both his Chain Wrestling and Mat Wrestling.

And I find that Heavys can only get to 70 stamina a bit shocking, to be honest.

And yeah, it's useful info. Then again, I already suspected it.... though I could've sworn I had Doug Peak get more flashiness than that, but it was in 2008. I'll look it up when I hook up my laptop, assuming I didn't delete the game. But again, 2008, so not relevant.

That, and it just makes sense that bigger guys are gonna be probably limited to mainly being brawlers. Then again, I'm not sure I believe that a Heavyweight or even a Big Heavyweight can't develop more than average technical skills. I wonder if this is just a "vast majority of the time" sorta thing, where once in a blue moon (1 in a 1000ish) a bigger guy CAN develop skills outside of what is typical, or if it's concrete. It should be the later, as there have been a few examples of bigger guys with technical or even flying skills.

Last, I'm really interested to see how lightweights and small guys both fair in terms of brawling skills. I've always been a fan of "fireplug" brawlers, as given my own less than hulking size and Texan-ness it's how I'd picture myself if I ever whipped myself back into shape and trained to be a wrestler.

Oh, and prediction time: Middleweights have the greatest potential. Tommy Cornell, Dan Stone Jr., Yoshimi Mushashibo (in fact, PGHW's entire Main Event!), Angry Gilmore, Jack Bruce, Terry Lambert, Johnny Bloodstone, and Sean McFly are all Middleweights, and some of the defacto best wrestlers in all the C-Verse.

Actually, to add, it's possible to PRE-set it higher than 45... but it can't GROW to it. For example, Remo is PRE-set at A for his Athleticism. However, it will never grow more than that, because he's a Heavyweight. If I recall, Heavyweights are 290 and above. How many Heavyweights you know that move like butterfly? No, other than Brock Lesnar.

To add, I just did Light Heavyweights. The results are... well encouraging. They have NO LIMITS to their Athleticism, Aerial, Flashiness, Mat Wrestling, Chain Wrestling, and Stamina. None. In other words, Light Heavyweights are an optimal weight class (I suspect Middleweights are, as well). Although they have no limits, Their Toughness, more acutely, Power, tends to grow less than bigger classes. Not surprising, but I just wanted to add that info.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Comradebot" data-cite="Comradebot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Oh, and prediction time: Middleweights have the greatest potential. Tommy Cornell, Dan Stone Jr., Yoshimi Mushashibo (in fact, PGHW's entire Main Event!), Angry Gilmore, Jack Bruce, <strong>Terry Lambert</strong>, Johnny Bloodstone, and Sean McFly are all Middleweights, and some of the defacto best wrestlers in all the C-Verse.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I see what you did there !</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Celt" data-cite="The Celt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm trying to think of a true heavyweight who could wrestle, but only Brock Lesnar comes to mind.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dick Murdoch</p><p> Booker T</p><p> Antonio Inoki</p><p> Killer Kowalski</p><p> Scott Steiner </p><p> Rick Steiner</p><p> Terry Gordy</p><p> Takeshi Morishima</p><p> Paul Burchill</p><p> Bad News Allen</p><p> Jumbo Tsuruta</p><p> Len Denton</p><p> Nikita Koloff</p><p> Blackjack Lanza</p><p> JBL</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Genadi" data-cite="Genadi" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dick Murdoch<p> Booker T</p><p> Antonio Inoki</p><p> Killer Kowalski</p><p> Scott Steiner </p><p> Rick Steiner</p><p> Terry Gordy</p><p> Takeshi Morishima</p><p> Paul Burchill</p><p> Bad News Allen</p><p> Jumbo Tsuruta</p><p> Len Denton</p><p> Nikita Koloff</p><p> Blackjack Lanza</p><p> JBL</p></div></blockquote><p> When I mean Heavyweight, I mean by TEW2010's definition... I think it's anyone between 290 to 320 pounds, if I recall correctly. </p><p> </p><p> I doubt Rick Steiner is THAT heavy. and Scott Steiner lost a lot of his technical ability over time, as he gained more weight. Brock wasn't actually all that technical of a wrestler... he had technique, definitely, but he was more to supplement his athleticism and size.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gigas" data-cite="Gigas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>by TEW standards, isnt Brock Lesnar a light heavyweight anyway?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope, def heavyweight leaning towards big heavyweight even. If I recall correctly Adam's said that height does play a very small part also. So if a guy is 6'11 but only 270 pounds he'd probably be better represented as a heavyweight. Was a while ago though so may have it way off or things may have changed.</p>

<p>Amp you were right it is 290, I thought it was 280 for some reason.</p><p> </p><p> From the help guide...</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Worker Sizes</strong><p><strong> Examples are rough guidelines; Size actually takes into consideration height, weight and body shape.</strong></p><p> </p><p> Giant Special cases</p><p> Super Heavyweight 380lb +</p><p> Big Heavyweight 320 – 380lbs</p><p> Heavyweight 290 – 320lbs</p><p> Light Heavyweight 260 – 290lbs</p><p> Middleweight 230 – 260lbs</p><p> Lightweight Most male wrestlers under 230lbs, large female wrestlers</p><p> Small Unusually small male wrestlers, female wrestlers</p><p> Very Small Smaller female wrestlers, small male non-wrestlers</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gigas" data-cite="Gigas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No way hes a big heavyweight. Weight wise hes only light heavyweight and hes not that tall is he?<p> </p><p> I should go look.</p><p> </p><p> Lesnar is 6'3 264 lbs.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Worker Sizes</strong><p><strong> Examples are rough guidelines; Size actually takes into consideration height, weight and body shape.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He's 264 lbs. now, he was definitely bigger...</p><p> </p><p> Brock in MMA <span>http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g55/Costnaza9/brock-lesnar.jpg</span></p><p> Brock in Pro Wrestling <span>http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g55/Costnaza9/bl2.jpg</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gigas" data-cite="Gigas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As for big guys who can wrestle, Samoa Joe comes to mind.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> HE'S FAT!</p>

Archived