After reading all of the posts here I do not feel guilty throwing the fact that my ability to take an all star team to the end of the year tourny is lacking at best. After six seasons in which the last four I found my team possessing a top 10 recruiting class in each still got schooled by the likes of a very weak CUSA schedule. With this in mind, I have a good grip on the O end of the game however, being a street ball kind of guy, understand very little about D, beyond fouling is not a good thing in real life. Now, I am wondering what some other Coaches might think about in terms of handleing D in the best ways. With this said, I know about the traps, the press and the D configs, however, My star studded teams keep getting hacked and I am wondering what I am doing wrong here. I play with the press, double ups non stop during the games, and have put 2-3s, 3-2s and zones in action but still can not stop the other team's momentum. How might a pro go about changing it up?

<p>Are you sticking with at most one or two defenses? Half-knowing a bunch of defenses is worse than specializing in one or two, I think.</p><p> </p><p>

The press will wear down your team's endurance considerably and double-teaming opposing players should only be used on a particularly hot player, or the other team's clear-cut #1 offensive star, and that's only if they don't have a lot of other options.</p><p> </p><p>

How are the defense ratings of your players? If you have high defense ratings across the board, consider going man to man.</p>

Archived