First Thread: Backbones of your Promotion

So I hope this is on-topic.

I have two questions for you:

1. If you had to pick one guy to form the backbone of your promotion ("your" promotion being whatever you want it to be; large performance-based, some small popularity-based fed, whatever), who would it be? Try to keep it reasonable to whatever your fed is.

2. Along with the above, what would be your ideal roster? Or something that can be answered, pick, say, a couple ME guys and a few Midcarders for your promotion to be built around.

As for me:

1. Angry Gilmore. Been saying this since I got here. I didn't want him to rise to the top. Yeah, I loved his stats, but I was trying to juggle around Faith, Bruce, and my heels. Then Gilmore was all, "I'm your top star. Hey, you could turn me into a 'Machine' and turn me face. Also, give me that CWF Title."

I've worked best (not failed, that is) with the big promotions. But would I be performance or popularity-based? I want to say performance, since I don't tend to like hiring guys without top-row skills. But I *love* the guys with the entertainment skills. (which, for some reason, I keep assuming = popularity. That's false.) Granted, Gilmore works with either...I suppose I'd want slight pop > performance.

2. Let's see. Pop > Performance (or Entertainment > Toprow)...

ME:

Gilmore

Faith

Rich Money

Champagne

Midcard:

AmEl

Burning Monkey

Giedroyc

Jett

Something I noticed: While, as I'll note below, my picks are rather cliché, here's a general rule for me: The third row is king.

Yeah, I like entertainment. Love me them promos. And loves me some solid tech-wrestlers (Jeremy Stone's my fave Stone; he happens to not fit the "rule" for my promotion <_<). But what bugs the HELL out of me, and the reason Remo and Frehley aren't huge in my SWF game, is getting dinged for stuff like Psychology. I want solid workers. Those guys tend to have decent toprow (Christian being the notable exception), but it's this reason why I hate hate HATE Marat and the like. Haven't gotten this whole Menace thing to work, and I don't really want to have matches with those guys anyway.

Though I've kind of done this, I'd prefer the thread to not be full of, "This guy is the best in the C-Verse therefore he's my main event," etc. I'd rather there was more thought/discussion in the posts. I don't have the nuance, sorry. I'll try, I suppose...

One problem with my preferences, aside from their inherent contradictions to my rules, is that I have a very hard time developing new stars. Yeah, Gilmore popped up. That's one guy, and he's ****ing talented. Didn't need me. But even though I might want American Elemental to main my card (I do, btw), I can't book that. Or I don't, I suppose.

So maybe it makes sense that my promotion probably prefers, slightly, popularity; I can't build it, but I like it. I like people who are easily popular, not the ones I have to work with. And I don't want to work with guys who suck in the ring, either.

<p>For me it's always been, for some reason, Thomas Morgan. I tend to play local or small created feds and ever since shipshirt's awesome CWB diary, the Trademark has been my go-to guy. There is just something about him, that natural arrogant heel gimmick he plays so well, that has me push him to the top.</p><p> </p><p>

My ideal roster would be Morgan, Hugh de Aske, The Gauge Brothers, and Frankie Perez. I could work wonders in a traditional-style fed with those guys.</p>

<p>My main game has been on the kyr real life mod as WWE.</p><p> </p><p>

1 main guy to build around.... that's a tough one as I've been balancing my Main eventers so there's a fair few that are the main Focus.</p><p> </p><p>

One would have to be HBK as he can put on a good match with anyone on the roster.</p><p> </p><p>

A few Key Main eventers.</p><p> </p><p>

HBK</p><p>

Randy Orton </p><p>

Cena ( hate to admit that)</p><p>

Jericho</p><p>

Edge</p><p>

Ted Dbiase jr (Made him into a star, one of the most popular guys on my roster, even with very average in ring skills he had put on some top matches.)</p><p> </p><p>

A few Key Upper mid-carders/ Midcard guys</p><p> </p><p>

Daniel Bryan</p><p>

Chris Hero</p><p>

Drew Mcintyre (not great in ring skills, but was in 3 of my top 10 matches for 6 months)</p><p>

Colt Cabana.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

As WWE even tho it's based around popularity i still like the core of my workers to have very good in ring ability, I don't have problems building up workers. I like to build one or two guys up to Main event at any one time so it's done properly.</p><p> </p><p>

I Don't like the big mosters like Khali, they have more drawbacks then positives so they go asap.</p><p> </p><p>

My guys either have top mic skills which I can get them over by beating technicians to carry the match. </p><p> </p><p>

Or top in ring ability who i can get over by them beating the more interesting workers to make the feud/ match more interesting and dynmaic.</p><p> </p><p>

Of Course there's those special bunch who are solid/ very good technicians with solid/ very good mic skills and charisma. Workers like Colt Cabana, Steve Corino and Chris Hero etc people like that. I currently have them competing for the IC title while getting over with the fans and there popularity increasing more before i give them the huge push.</p>

I'll answer this from the perspective of my QAW game (which has some custom workers):

1) Tayla Martin (otherwise, Michelle Cox (aka Katherine Goodlooks) or Megumi Nakajima)

2) (including customs) ME: Cherry Bomb

J.Ro

Brazzle

Grace Harper

Vixxen

Cox

Tayla

Midcard

Brooke Tyler

Quebecoise

Canadian Angel

Megumi Nakajima

Callisto

Romi Yamato

Dynamite Shohei

Sae Akutagawa

Talia Quinzel

Elyssa Anderson

Thea Davis

Victoria Lancaster

Without customs, replace the customs with Jana Marie, Kinuye, Yukiko Matsumara, Eri Sato, Yu Hashimoto, and Rika Tsujimura.

You've done stuff with Goodlooks? Props to you man. I found her fairly useless. Grace, however, has become a very good (if expensive) heel in my BSC game. Nice pink alternate outfit.

So how have/would you use Katherine? How do you cover for her weaknesses (or does she grow well)?

<p>My current game's a draft game off of WoTI 2. A while ago, somebody reading my diary suggested that I pick five workers, and build around them, keeping them pushed. I took that advice, and my shows have improved from both the human and game standpoints. I've had to make some substitutions since then, and I'm going to have to make a few more, but it's worked quite well. Right now, my Five are:</p><p> </p><p>

Steve Austin- I expect to lose him to a bigger fed when his contract comes up in a couple of months, but there's nobody who's been more reliable in both promos and matches. He's been the one constant in the ME scene all game.</p><p> </p><p>

Masahiro Chono- Talent to rival Austin's. I wasn't particularly familiar with him before this game, but he's been knocking every segment out of the park since I hired him.</p><p> </p><p>

Jamie Noble- Not AS good in angles as the previous two, but he's consistently delivered quality matches.</p><p> </p><p>

Nick Dinsmore- The newest addition, taking the spot of Paul London as well as his exact push. I hired him to be midcard filler, but he was such a successful jobber to the stars that he's worked up to the ME and started getting wins. About to be the top face if/when we lose Austin.</p><p> </p><p>

Bubba Ray Dudley- Probably not the greatest talent on my roster, but he's very easily carried. Like Dinsmore, he was earmarked as a jobber to the stars after D-Von's demands proved too high, but then found surprising amounts of success.</p><p> </p><p>

As for key midcarders...hm. Right now, I'd say Ultimo Dragon, Dynamite Kid, Tazz, and the Road Warriors would be the staples.</p>

<p>in my 1PW promotion, the backbone have always been Byran Danielson, he is always avalable, puts on good promo's, matches, consistency is the key for me...</p><p>

<span>http://www.05news.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Bryan-Danielson2.jpg</span><span>http://www.todaysfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Daniel-Bryan-Nxt-Superstar-1.jpg</span><span>http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Daniel-Bryan-wwe-superstar-2.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I'v build my promotion around him, he is now my most over guy....and is set to win both my biggest tournement and my heavyweight championship the next 2 months.</p><p> </p><p>

Bryan was in the semi-main event of my first show, where he put on the best match of the night. He fueded with Austin Aries, in a singles match at the frist ppv, then a tag match in the main event of the second show.</p><p>

At the third pay-per view, Bryan Danielson tapped out Austin Aries after a failed inerfearence....Bryan was now nr.1 contender...</p><p> </p><p>

The fued went on, as Aries cost Bryan his title match with Low Ki....</p><p>

they fueded for 4 more months, concluding in Byran Danielson defeating Austin Aries in a 2 out of 3 falls match...concluding their 7 month fued...</p><p> </p><p>

This was my go-to fued, i could always depend on Danielson...</p><p> </p><p>

Bryan also went on to pick 2 partners and win the 16 team trios tournement at the end of the year, defeating Tag champions The Brisco Brothers and Larry Sweeey in the finals.</p><p> </p><p>

Bryan has been in the best matches, best fueds, including Austin Aries, Desmund Wolfe, Davey Richards, Ric Flair, Brent Albright, Mike Quackenbush and now re-fueling the fued with Austin Aries....</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eidenhoek" data-cite="Eidenhoek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29533" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You've done stuff with Goodlooks? Props to you man. I found her fairly useless. Grace, however, has become a very good (if expensive) heel in my BSC game. Nice pink alternate outfit.<p> </p><p> So how have/would you use Katherine? How do you cover for her weaknesses (or does she grow well)?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> She grows well. But I book her basically like Benoit, even down to the finishers (Cox Crossface & Good Lookin' Suplex, which is basically a high angle german). She's boosted a little bit in my mod (as are many/most of the default C-Verse women) but she's no superstar. She is consistent and steady though and now that I'm done having her onscreen constantly, I can start working on her in-ring skills (she's only wrestled six times in 12 shows). I guess it also helps that she's in a tag team (but her partner isn't all-world).</p><p> </p><p> I've gotten value out of a lot of workers many people consider useless. Olivia Diamond, for example, is my primary project and she's coming along very well.</p>

<p>1) The backbone of my promotion without a doubt is Raymond Diaz. He has been with my promotion for a long time, only left once in 9 years and didnt spend too long in other promotions before coming back.</p><p> </p><p>

He is one of the most consistant and over guys on my roster, is my only multiple (2x) World Champion, was a large part of my early tag team division (had great chemistry with Human Arsenal), and is now starting to re-establish himself in my tag division after being given shorter/less important matches as he has great chemisty with Tim Westybrook. He is the guy I can always rely on.</p><p> </p><p>

Honorable Mentions go to:</p><p>

Black Cobra (Duane Stone)</p><p>

Buddy Garner</p><p>

Pablo Rodriguez</p><p>

Rich Money</p><p>

Steve & Alex DeColt</p><p> </p><p>

2) My ideal roster would include these workers returning.</p><p>

Remo - I made him a star as soon as I could after his debut, he left me for HGC.</p><p>

Johnny Bloodstone - Part of my 4 Horsemen stable, and because he is Johnny Bloodstone.</p><p>

Tom Gilmore - Again part of the Horsemen and is a great guy to have on the roster.</p><p>

Black Cobra</p><p>

Jack DeColt</p><p> </p><p>

Probably have forgot some, and wouldnt say no to Dan Stone Jr, etc...but those are the ones I would want back from previous rosters.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="1234" data-cite="1234" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29533" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1) The backbone of my promotion without a doubt is Raymond Diaz. He has been with my promotion for a long time, only left once in 9 years and didnt spend too long in other promotions before coming back.<p> </p><p> He is one of the most consistant and over guys on my roster, is my only multiple (2x) World Champion, was a large part of my early tag team division (had great chemistry with Human Arsenal), and is now starting to re-establish himself in my tag division after being given shorter/less important matches as he has great chemisty with Tim Westybrook. He is the guy I can always rely on.</p><p> </p><p> Honorable Mentions go to:</p><p> Black Cobra (Duane Stone)</p><p> Buddy Garner</p><p> Pablo Rodriguez</p><p> Rich Money</p><p> Steve & Alex DeColt</p><p> </p><p> 2) My ideal roster would include these workers returning.</p><p> Remo - I made him a star as soon as I could after his debut, he left me for HGC.</p><p> Johnny Bloodstone - Part of my 4 Horsemen stable, and because he is Johnny Bloodstone.</p><p> Tom Gilmore - Again part of the Horsemen and is a great guy to have on the roster.</p><p> Black Cobra</p><p> Jack DeColt</p><p> </p><p> Probably have forgot some, and wouldnt say no to Dan Stone Jr, etc...but those are the ones I would want back from previous rosters.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am always greatly interested in your game up date, what date are you at now and who are the top dogs in SWF and TCW now?</p>

<p>September '06. Although I have been there for a week or 2 now.</p><p> </p><p>

Top dogs in HGC:</p><p>

The Vessey Brothers (Always seem to wiggle themselves into Main events.)</p><p>

Nemesis</p><p>

Sam Keith</p><p>

Ricky Dale Johnson & Ares(Vengeance) : Yes they are a tag team.</p><p>

Rip Chord : Popping up in Main Events every now and again.</p><p>

Demon Anger : The current World Champion.</p><p>

Liberty</p><p>

BLZ Bubb (Tyson Baine)</p><p> </p><p>

The upsetting thing is they have so much more talent lower down the card.</p><p>

Dan Stone Jr</p><p>

Jack DeColt</p><p>

Cliff Wilson (Dark Angel)</p><p>

Craig Prince</p><p>

Johnny Bloodstone</p><p>

Steve Flash</p><p>

Sammy Bach</p><p>

Remo (Okay maybe not the most talented but he should be pushed)</p><p>

Tom Gilmore</p><p>

Piston Pete Hall</p><p> </p><p>

Ridiculously talented midcard.</p><p> </p><p>

SWF are relatively unchanged.</p><p>

Rory McCallum : World Champ</p><p>

Jim Force</p><p>

Sean McFly</p><p>

Bruce The Giant</p><p>

Christian Faith</p><p>

Mr Supreme</p><p> </p><p>

Not many signings in SWF...and Cornell & Roberts are still stuck in the Tag Division.</p><p> </p><p>

That reminds me I also want Roberts back on my roster.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="20LEgend" data-cite="20LEgend" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29533" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sizes are they at and hows Sam Strong do.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Both Global, I think Sam retired but will check next time I am on my comp.</p>

Archived