push vs popularity

I having a small problem. I'm playing a MOD and trying to be successful using all second tier wrestlers, Aaron Draven, TJ Mack, Jack Evans... etc. SO far so good. Three years in and I nearing Cult status.

WHat I've been doing is been pushing some midcarders and now they got some great heat, I'll be bumping them up soon.

My main-eventers (Old guys like Sean Morely, who I hope to phase out soon with these young guys) have lost some heat but they because they have higher poplularity in particular states then the younger guys they still get me a tad better match ratings.

How can I keep the youngersters heat going and build their popularity to the mainevent level while keeping the mainevent guys modest so I can phase them out but still put on decent cards so I don't lose any TV or PPV's.

As I type this I'm sensing I'll have to suffer for a while as I do the transition.

But any ideas would be great.

Thanks

I having a small problem. I'm playing a MOD and trying to be successful using all second tier wrestlers, Aaron Draven, TJ Mack, Jack Evans... etc. SO far so good. Three years in and I nearing Cult status.

WHat I've been doing is been pushing some midcarders and now they got some great heat, I'll be bumping them up soon.

My main-eventers (Old guys like Sean Morely, who I hope to phase out soon with these young guys) have lost some heat but they because they have higher poplularity in particular states then the younger guys they still get me a tad better match ratings.

How can I keep the youngersters heat going and build their popularity to the mainevent level while keeping the mainevent guys modest so I can phase them out but still put on decent cards so I don't lose any TV or PPV's.

As I type this I'm sensing I'll have to suffer for a while as I do the transition.

But any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Storylines help alot. Outside of that, have your younger guys in programs with the older guys alot, maybe even build stable's for it. Keep the young guys losing to the older guys till they no longer gain popularity from it.

At the same time, have your "Main Event Future"/People you want in the Main Event, winning against the lower cards.

Doing both of this should keep your vet's happy and keep them relevant and modest (having them lose to each other once in a while), and at the same time build up your youth to take over.

Depending on the mod, Morley should be someone great to have match's with to build up psychology and such in the youngsters. I've always thought of him as a good person to teach the younger guys.

EDIT: Also, you could run tag match's, teaming up youths with vets, and winning title's on a lower card. Title's seem to help:)

Archived