The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They don't have zero name value, they both have popularity in American where they are based and therefore would have predominantly fought.

True, although it's as i said especially strange for the champion of a federation which holds shows only in Canada to be with a perfect 0% popularity there, the single most unrecognizable face of the promotion!

Guess we'll have to assume she was handed the title or that nobody in Canada watched/cared for one of the other WEFF shows where she won it. After all, WEFF comes from a merger. :D

For Samantha i am perfectly fine with the idea of her not having popularity there, she's like all those fighters i hire from other areas inflating my roster...lol.

Glad to know it's how it was planned, anyway...question answered. :-)

I feel very silly for posting about it considering that i checked and it was the exact same way in WMMA2, but i wonder: why when i try to change in the "live-game-editor" the stats for High Kick and Low Kick (power, speed etc) the High kick stats end up overriding (and changing) the Low Kick ones?

Example: i wanted to put more Low Kick Power in Alvaro Negredo, to reflect what his bio says about stinging leg kicks.

- From 66 (original value as it shows in the LIVE editor, during the game, although it should be 70 from what i see in the Editorial suite) i drag the slider to 85.

I close the window of "Standing Fighting Abilities". I reopen it and...the Low Kick Power slider is still to 66.

- If i drag the slider of HIGH kick power from 66 to 80, and close the window, when i reopen it BOTH High and Low Kick Power are set to 80.

Same for the respective Speed and Technique values: changing Low Kick changes nothing, changing High Kick changes BOTH the relevant High and Low stat.

Is it a bug or something like that? I feel silly for asking because i saw the same behaviour in the in-game editor of WMMA2 so if it's an issue it's long term and most likely solved.

PS: again, i am talking about the in-game editor, not the Editorial suite, where the values can be differentiated without problems.

Definitely afraid to ask this...especially since I could do it in WMMA2.

Sure I am missing something, but how to you change the Body picture? I can change the face in the editor, but not the body.

I believe they are grouped together now - you change one and you change both - check out the default pics for an example in the editor :)

Is it me or if you turn Smart Booking on in the options , you don't see not JUST the "Unavalaible" fighters -as stated- but also the ones who are short on time for the camp?

If so, i do believe it's not a good choice, considering you should always be able to be aware that "unprepared" guys are around as an extreme resource (some don't even ask anything substantial more to take the fight on short notice, they ask for.... 0 $). Smart booking should eliminate from viewing only the Unavalaible fighters, not also those without Adequate prep time. If necessary i would post about it in the suggestion forum too, but i just want to be sure i am correct before. :rolleyes:

I had it with GAMMA. Was trying to book Rufus Stephens, he had a preference for an 8 week training camp so he didn't appear on my search. It did make me rethink event planning. It isn't such a big problem when you utilise the fact that you can book up to three events at any one time. I merely booked an event in March with him as a headliner and scoured the roster for other fighters with similar issues. With the note taking function it doesn't take long to make a note of every fighter with similiar issues and I guess it adds some realism. Maybe. Possibly.

Real world equivalent to TV show sizes

I have a question on the size of TV shows. In the editor, a tv show can be small, medium, or large; but what would the real world equivalent to that be? My best guess would be with Strikeforce; challengers would be a small show, Strikeforce on showtime would be medium, and Strikeforce on CBS is large. But what about the UFC? Would Fight Nights and UFC on Versus be medium because they're on smaller networks, or because it is primarily a PPV based company so they won't necessarily have large tv events? Or would it be large, because they are the primary free tv shows for the world's largest promotion?

Is the name Zvonimir Asanovic a reference to the midfield maestro's that led Croatia to 3rd place in the 1998 world cup? (Zvonimir Boban & Aljosa Asanovic)

That would be a funny coincidence if not.

Sadly I have only seen one definite football reference so far. Pete Shilton.

Is the name Zvonimir Asanovic a reference to the midfield maestro's that led Croatia to 3rd place in the 1998 world cup? (Zvonimir Boban & Aljosa Asanovic)

More than one name come from athletes, sometims in its entirety (first who comes to mind is Pirmin Zurbriggen - was a famous ski-racer when i was a kid :D- ), some just in part (like Scirea, Gygax).

Originally Posted by Developer's Journal

#103: As well as being able to see how long a fighter is out for, you will actually be given a date, making it easier to plan ahead.

I would like to know the answer to

In match-making screen, go to Unavailable Fighters. It will say

"Fighter Name --- Recovering --- (Out For) x days (expected back week 2 March 1998)

Adam stated in the beggining of WMMA that the names all come from different athletes and celebrities as well I think.

Am I right in thinking that if I want to set a fighter to be average or good in the editor, but has the potential to become great I would set him as say level 5 or 6 when I create him at any of the quick settings for a fighter, and then give him potential of 100 along with things like dedication.

Archived