Borrowing From Other Mods

Please be aware that the same rules that have been in effect in the other Mods forums apply here to; that is, if you use other people's work (whether that is data or graphics) in your database then you cannot release it publically in these forums without first getting permission from the person you are borrowing from.

Obviously you can do whatever you like with your personal databases, and can release whatever you like elsewhere, but if another mod maker can clearly show that you have directly used their work then the thread in this forum will be temporarily hidden from public view until the situation has been rectified.

The default data that comes with the game remains free for anyone and everyone to modify to their heart's content.

As a personal aside, it would be greatly appreciated if more mod makers and artists would allow their work to be shared publicly - while I can understand that nobody wants to put in a lot of effort and have someone else get credit, the game and community's growth remains extremely stunted because of the lack of a vibrant real world scene. If we could get an atmosphere of sharing going it would help, as even if we ended up with loads of different variations on the same data, at least it gives a platform for new mod makers to get started, and I think things could snowball from there. The mere fact that you wouldn't have the daunting task of starting from a blank database (or have to re-cut hundreds of pictures that end up looking only a tiny bit different to the ones that somebody else has already cut....they are, after all, of the exact same person!) would be, I'm sure, a big incentive for more people (or groups) to get stuck in.