Internet Provider Help

Huntman

I recently got Clear Internet Service and when I first had it, it worked like a dream, it would go from 3 to 4 bars, 5 being the max. Now however my modem barely goes past 2. I've called numerous times about it and they say they are working on it. They've been working on it for about 3 months. They have a little booth at the mall and I asked if they were still working on the problem. Apparently they were working on towers, which I was fine with, but a month later I still have spotty Internet.

Before Clear, I had AT&T which wasn't all bad. Every now and again the Internet would cut off completely for days at a time, but other times it worked perfectly. Right now I'm debating on switching to another company or staying with Clear. So what I need to know from you all is, does anyone else here on the forums use Clear and if so, how is it for you? For though who don't have it, what Internet provider do you have and how well is it?

If you could help me out, that would be superb. Thanks.

I have Verizon Fios (Fiber Optic)TV and Internet and love it. No complaints. Their internet is one of the fastest around and is consistently up there when I speed tes it (which I doubted it would). NEVER had a technical problem in a year. IDK if you were thinking of switching TV as well but same thing, awesome and never a problem. I had Comcast before and I switched it after a week for FIOS.

I have Verizon Fios (Fiber Optic)TV and Internet and love it. No complaints. Their internet is one of the fastest around and is consistently up there when I speed tes it (which I doubted it would). NEVER had a technical problem in a year. IDK if you were thinking of switching TV as well but same thing, awesome and never a problem. I had Comcast before and I switched it after a week for FIOS.

I've heard good things about FIOS, but I was not really surefire on the TV deal, mainly because I love DirecTV. Would I be able to just get the Internet deal or would I have to get the TV deal as well? And if so, how is the TV?

I've heard good things about FIOS, but I was not really surefire on the TV deal, mainly because I love DirecTV. Would I be able to just get the Internet deal or would I have to get the TV deal as well? And if so, how is the TV?

You can get just the internet. Go to Verizon.com and you can check deals for your area.

You can get just the internet. Go to Verizon.com and you can check deals for your area.

I fear that they don't provide Internet to my area, but they cover the DFW area, so I figured I'd be covered. I could also just call them up or I could ask around.

Thanks everyone.

TV is good, HD quality is good, my other provider was fuzzy, yes even the HD. Never had to call tech support or anything in my year. I haven't heard any complaints really about Direct TV and I was actually thinking of switching so I could get NFL Sunday Ticket.

I'm pretty set on FiOS so far. The Internet price isn't that bad that. $55 a month, which is about the same for Clear. I've checked out a bunch of websites and I've seen nothing, but good for FiOS. I've also checked how it is down here in the South and it has gotten great ratings. So it seems like the way to go.

What is the installation like? Is it just a modem like Clear or something else?

Yeah theres a modem, I also had to have a power box thing installed in my garage, not sure if you need that if you don't get TV. I don't recall all the details of the power box right now but yeah, its pretty typical. My other neighbor just switched as well and he likes it better.

Where in the south are you?

I'm pretty set on FiOS so far. The Internet price isn't that bad that. $55 a month, which is about the same for Clear. I've checked out a bunch of websites and I've seen nothing, but good for FiOS. I've also checked how it is down here in the South and it has gotten great ratings. So it seems like the way to go.

What is the installation like? Is it just a modem like Clear or something else?

They install a receiver and the signal is ant to the boxes hooked up. The installation isn't so bad.

I don't have it yet as it's not in our little area but they said by Feb it should be. I have com cast and like it, but for a bit more channels I will pay half the price.

Yeah theres a modem, I also had to have a power box thing installed in my garage, not sure if you need that if you don't get TV. I don't recall all the details of the power box right now but yeah, its pretty typical. My other neighbor just switched as well and he likes it better.

Where in the south are you?

Fort Worth, Texas. I checked it out and they cover it. So I'm pretty sure on FiOS. A modem sounds great, is the box big or anything? I'm sure they send someone out to install it, so I'm sure they'll know where to put it.

Fort Worth, Texas. I checked it out and they cover it. So I'm pretty sure on FiOS. A modem sounds great, is the box big or anything? I'm sure they send someone out to install it, so I'm sure they'll know where to put it.

It's not very big. It's about the size of a portable DVD player.

Once my town gets rid of Cablevision my family is getting Fios. Frickin James Dolan is ruining Cable television.

Cablevission still exists??? :eek:

Huntman, ask about a $100 gift card, this came with mine. Don't know if its available in your area but worht a shot at least :) also installation is free.

A $100 gift card would not be bad, but since you've already had yours. What can you get with the card?

And free installation is the best installation. Great to hear.

Its just a visa, not a Verizone one which is why i thought I would pass that along to you in case they "forgot" to tell you.

Ah yes, I'll definitely will have to check into that. Verizon seems like the best so far. Of course I'll have to deal with the clowns at Clear. Hopefully I can get this before the New Year.

I'm looking over their 3 plans at the moment. Which plan do you have now and is it pretty fast?

I'm not 100% on the details (and am lazy and don't feel like looking it up :p )

However, I have HD and a single room DVR. I also 25 mbps interent, the higher TV package which is like 330 channels, 69 HD since my girlfriend needed the higher package for Style network and stuff. My Bill is like $120 and change a month which I'm not pitching it as a super cheap alternative but I'm much happier with it.

Something that I like is the main channel guides and stuff are alot cleaner and alot clearer to understad

I'm not 100% on the details (and am lazy and don't feel like looking it up :p )

However, I have HD and a single room DVR. I also 25 mbps interent, the higher TV package which is like 330 channels, 69 HD since my girlfriend needed the higher package for Style network and stuff. My Bill is like $120 and change a month which I'm not pitching it as a super cheap alternative but I'm much happier with it.

Something that I like is the main channel guides and stuff are alot cleaner and alot clearer to understad

Yeah, I'm also looking into the TV package as well, but for now the Internet and I'm looking at the 25 MBPS Internet and it may be the way to go. I believe it is $20 or so more than I'm paying for Clear.

I'm overlooking Clear plans and Verizon is wayyy better. Download and Upload are way better on Verizon.

Yeah, I'm also looking into the TV package as well, but for now the Internet and I'm looking at the 25 MBPS Internet and it may be the way to go. I believe it is $20 or so more than I'm paying for Clear.

I'm overlooking Clear plans and Verizon is wayyy better. Download and Upload are way better on Verizon.

Mind you that those are the max speeds. They depend on the site, your computer, and your service area.

I can't wait to switch. $120 is about $40 less than what I pay now.

@Jester C'mon we NEED the style network. It's like you guys having 24/7 sports. :p

Mind you that those are the max speeds. They depend on the site, your computer, and your service area.

Well if I read right and I feel like I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to log in and see what my current deal is, but from the two deals it could be. The upload speed is either 1.0 Mbps or 500 Kbps. And the upload on one has no cap and the other is 1.5 Mbps.

Sooooooooooooooo, yeah.

Archived