Monday Night Mayhem: WCW On the Rise (Sep 1995 Mod)

Oh cool, someone else is doing a WCW 1995 diary. :)

And I see you too are struggling with poor ratings due to trying to cope with especially the Dungeon of Doom storyline... get out of it as fast as you humanly can, is my advice - it dropped me to cult. :D

Without spoiling much, I've been planning to do that. I got a little unorganized and distracted by bigger and better ideas, though, and I put the Dungeon over so it wouldn't be too obvious... I didn't want to outright fire the guys though but there's so many I have no use for. John Tenta overdosing was a blessing (lmao) and Kamala's contract expired. Bossman has decent menace though, but it's not like I know how to properly utilize it... hahaha

But yeah, the ratings are bad. I'm not that good at the game to begin with so it's teaching me a lot :D

Also how did you address the issue of WCW being owned by TBS? I didn't read a whole lot of your diary because I didn't want to be too persuaded by your ideas, but I noticed you did the Japanese Thunder brand. That was on american TV, right? But you had your shows take place in Japan? or was it just that it used Japanese wrestlers? I tried to expand Nitro to Canada and the UK, but it won't let me.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/worldwar1995c.jpg

Greensboro Coliseum, North Carolina (21,790)

Preshow: Road Warrior Hawk def. Kurasawa in a short match. (4:59) ©

Main Show:

The announcers open the show and hype the night's matches. (B+)

Cruiserweight 6-way match

Alex Wright defeats, in order of elimination, Rey Misterio Jr, Eddy Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Jushin Liger, & Chris Jericho in 12:24 to gain a shot at Marc Mero's Cruiserweight Championship at Starrcade. Wright does the "Wright Power" schtick to celebrate, but it goes flat with the audience, as he's not quite 'over' yet. (C+)

WCW Tag Team Championship

The Blue Bloods def. Harlem Heat to become new champions when Terry Funk pinned Stevie Ray with a tight-pulling roll-up while Regal kept Booker T busy on the outside. (12:57) (B-)

Lex Luger vs......?

CACTUS JACK def. Lex Luger in his return to WCW at the 13:04 mark after a Double Arm DDT. Luger looks pissed, probably from having to lose to someone a lot 'lower' than him on the card. ©

Heenan cuts a promo hyping Norton vs Hogan in the main event. (B-)

WCW United States Championship

Flair and Sting battle in a 16 minute encounter for the United States title. Flair wins cleanly by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. Your new US champ, Ric Flair. (B)

Sting shakes Flair's hand after the match. (B+)

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Hulk Hogan def. Scott Norton to retain the WCW World Title (15:50) (C+).

Hogan celebrates. (B)

World War 3

The anxiously awaited confrontation between Anderson and Flair didn't actually happen, despite both being in the final four. Flair delivered chops to Meng and Giant while Anderson relaxed in the corner. Randy Savage ran in to dump out Meng, and hold Giant over the top rope with a front-facelock so Flair could get the leverage needed to dump him to the outside. Anderson saw his moment and forced Flair to follow Giant onto the floor, giving himself the rather slick win. Arn Anderson wins to gain a title shot at Starrcade. (30:14) (B)

Heenan cut a promo hyping Anderson vs Hogan. (B+)

Final rating: B

Also how did you address the issue of WCW being owned by TBS? I didn't read a whole lot of your diary because I didn't want to be too persuaded by your ideas, but I noticed you did the Japanese Thunder brand. That was on american TV, right? But you had your shows take place in Japan? or was it just that it used Japanese wrestlers? I tried to expand Nitro to Canada and the UK, but it won't let me.

Yeah WCW being owned by TBS is a major show-stopper. While it's realistic, it doesn't work well in the game... as the game won't let you have any tv shows on any other networks than those who own you - not even in an entirely different country with no relation to your owners!

I find this to be too unrealistic and prohibitive; so for the next release of the mod, the TBS ownership will be removed. Sadly though, this cannot be edited in an ongoing game.

My Thunder show was held in Japan each week, but on American tv. I wanted to have it on Japanese tv as well, but due to the above that was not possible...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/IO.jpg

InternationalObjects.com pay-per-view report

and weekend wrestling happenings

• WCW has signed referee Mickey Jay to an exclusive contract extension.
  • Japanese promotion UWFi is on its last financial stand, and will probably close its doors soon.
  • ECW has signed WWF big-man Bam Bam Bigelow to a pay-per-appearance deal. Bigelow is nearing the end of his written deal with World Wrestling Federation, so it's unclear whether they are offering him an extension or letting his contract run out.
  • All Star Wrestling's vacant Heavyweight and Wrestling Spirit championships have been claimed by Phil Powers & Robbie Brookside, respectively.
  • Somehow, All Pro Wrestling has risen in size. The now-'Small' promotion can probably attribute most of their success to Paul Roma being on their roster...
  • 65-year-old wrestling announcing legend Bob Caudle has left the wrestling business, officially announcing his retirement. Caudle was a voice synonymous with Jim Crockett Promotions and Smoky Mountain Wrestling.
  • This week's broadcast of WCW Saturday Night did a 0.44 rating, up from the previous week. WWF's Superstars taping was said to have been awful, so we'll see how it fares in the ratings department.
  • WCW may be losing the TV ratings war against WWF, but they stomped their rival as they went head to head with World War 3 against Survivor Series. WCW's Battle Royal extravaganza did a 4.02 buyrate, while WWF's elimination tag team annual did a 3.63. Both were each companies' best-performing efforts so far this year.
  • WCW was unsuccessful in its rather...interesting approach to steal WWF referee Mike Chioda. Chioda "has decided to explore his other options."
  • Also on Sunday Night, Pierroth Jr, Texano, and Chicana captured the CMLL World Trios Championship in front of a sold-out crowd of 15,000 South-Eastern Mexican fans.
  • Prediction results:
  • Only one prediction set was sent in for this month's pay-per-view. Tripps04 went 1 for 6 in predictions.
    Current standings:
    Hashasheen - 6 for 14 - 43%
    Tracy BrooksFan - 5 for 14 - 36%
    Tripps04 - 1 for 6 - 17%
    Thank you Tripps for sending in your predictions!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/nitro.jpg

Monday, Week 4, November 1995

Host: Gene Okerlund

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff, & Dusty RhodesLes Murakami Stadium, Honolulu, Hawaii (5,000)

Preshow:

Wright vs Mero hype video (C-)

Wright def. Disco Inferno (7:20) (D+). Wright barely has fan support, but his manager, Berlin, doesn't look much like a fan favorite at all.

Okerlund interviews Wright.

Wright: At Starrcade, I'm going to show the world what Wright Power is all about.

Okerlund: What the hell? (D+)

Main show:

Shiavone: Welcome to WCW Monday Nitro, the hottest wrestling program on television. We're live in Honolulu, a night after a shocking pay-per-view event.

Bischoff: That's right, Tony, last night was the debut of World War 3, a three ring battle royal spectacle that named Arn Anderson as the number one contender.

Rhodes: Ooh yeah, he didn't win it fair and square, but I don't think he really cares. Arn will take opportunity any way possible, and while he owes a lot of thanks to the Macho Man, at the end of the day he's still the number one contender. (B)

Okerlund: I'm here with former US champion, STING! That was a hard fought battle last night, and one has to wonder what's going through your mind after losing your title.

Sting: Thanks, Gene. You know something though, I'm not that upset. I hadn't been a good champion, and the fight against the Dungeon of Doom seemed to always take precedence over championship gold. I wasn't the fighting champion I've always prided myself in being, so I'd say I was off my game because of it. Flair, I'd like another shot, though, old friend. With a month to prepare, I can get back on my game. I can once again be someone worthy of that title. Just say the word, Ric, because you know there's no stoppin' the Stinger. WOOOO! (B)

Harlem Heat def. Bubba Rogers and Zodiac when Booker T pinned Bubba after a Heat Seeker in 11:47. (C-)

After the match, Bubba and Zodiac are putting the boots to Booker T. Randy Savage comes in to clean house! ©

Booker T and Stevie Ray grab mics.

Stevie Ray: Suckas got to know that the Harlem Heat wouldn't lose to old man Funk in a fair fight. If the Blue Bloods want to add to their ranks, me and my brother can do the same. But we don't need to

Booker T: We want our rematch at Starrcade, and we don't care which of you it is, as long as our belts are on the line. No tight pulling or grabbing the ropes. Straight up street fight, can you dig THAT. (B-)

Okerlund interviews Cactus Jack.

Okerlund: Cactus Jack, you made quite a triumphant return to World Championship Wrestling last night as you shocked the world, pinning the Total Package Lex Luger.

Cactus: I'm here to prove to the world that you can't judge a book by its cover. I'm not a chain wrestler, you won't see me doing a shooting star press. You won't see me gorilla press-slamming anyone anytime soon. But I'll go toe-to-toe with anyone this company puts in front of me, because I'm a fighter. I'm here to prove that someone with a keg can beat someone with a six pack, and that all it takes is a special kind of crazy... BANG BANG!! (D-)

Lex Luger def. VK Wallstreet in 7:38 with the Torture Rack. (C+)

Okerlund is backstage with Heenan and Arn.

Heenan: Boy, oh, boy. Last night was a good night. Let me tell you something, I had faith in Scott Norton, but I should have known. I had faith in the Giant, but I should have known. With age comes wisdom, and with the Four Horsemen comes the intelligence required to win. The Giant turned his back on Anderson, and it showed me that he's too green to be a champion. MY champion. The man I'm standing with here is the future heavyweight champion of the world.

Anderson grins and rubs his hands together.

Anderson: Flair, I told you, you had your chance. I outsmarted you, yet again, and once again you're out of the picture. At Starrcade you'll be at the 'kids' table' of the dinner; wrestling in the midcard defending the United States title. I'm at the big table though, and I'll be feasting on a World Champion's meal after all is said and done. WOOOO. (B)

The Giant squashed Rey Mysterio in 5:14. (C-)

Okerlund catches Flair backstage.

Okerlund: Nature Boy, congratulations on your championship win. What are your thoughts on Sting's challenge?

Flair: WOOOO! Mean Gene, let me be short and sweet about this. I take great exception to the Stinger's statements about him being off his game. The Nature Boy doesn't make excuses, and you shouldn't either. I can beat you on your best day, so it doesn't matter. You took me to the limit, but I still won, and I'll do it again at Starrcade. So Sting, I accept. And as far as Heenan and Arn go, well I've got a few plans for them. But I'll keep those to myself. WOOO! (A)

Randy Savage def. Meng in 12:34 by pinfall. (B)

After the match, Savage calls out the Taskmaster, challenging him to a match at Starrcade. Not before long, Savage was beat down by The Taskmaster, Meng, and Zodiac to end the show. (B-)

Overall rating: C+

http://www.f4wonline.com/templates/f4w2007/images/logo2.gif

Wrestling Observer/Figure Four

• Both Raw and Nitro's ratings declined this week, scoring 4.92 and 4.63. The good news for WCW, though, is with WWF scoring under a 5.0, it at least looks like the ratings gap is smaller than it is...
  • Next week's Raw should give Nitro a run for its' money, however, with two stellar matches closing the show, first with Undertaker vs Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels vs Diesel following as the main event.
  • ECW's latest Hardcore TV taping bombed once again with a D+-rated main event of Steve Austin vs Rob Van Dam. Perhaps Eric Bischoff was right about Steve Austin not having what it takes to make it in wrestling.
  • Dave Meltzer's match and event rating system will now take worker momentum into consideration.

Yeah WCW being owned by TBS is a major show-stopper. While it's realistic, it doesn't work well in the game... as the game won't let you have any tv shows on any other networks than those who own you - not even in an entirely different country with no relation to your owners!

I find this to be too unrealistic and prohibitive; so for the next release of the mod, the TBS ownership will be removed. Sadly though, this cannot be edited in an ongoing game.

My Thunder show was held in Japan each week, but on American tv. I wanted to have it on Japanese tv as well, but due to the above that was not possible...

Thanks for the info, I was wondering that. I'm planning on running live events to try to boost into Global, but who knows how that'll go. I figure using Eddie and Rey in Mexico should make for some OK matches. Sigh.

Is it your mod? It's great, I'm enjoying it so far, aside from the media group thing. But that's the game's fault. And Turner broadcasting's fault! They're pretty much the only reason that's a feature, otherwise the idea would be unheard of. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/SaturdayNight.jpg

Saturday, Week 4, November 1995 (Taped Thursday)

Announcers: Jim Crockett Jr, Mike Tenay, & Chris Jericho

Mobile Civic Center, Mobile Alabama (2000)

Preshow:

Hugh morrus def. Berlin (D-)

Main show:

The Announcers open the show and hype tonight's matches. (C+)

Gene Okerlund interviews Terry Funk and the Blue Bloods.(B)

Guerrero & Malenko def. Rob Van Dam & Ricky Santana (C-)

Hype video: Harlem Heat vs Blue Bloods (B-)

Okerlund interviews Alex Wright, who once again says he'll be backed by "Wright Power" at Starrcade. Okerlund looks puzzled. (D)

Hype video: Wright vs Mero ©

The Giant def. Cobra & Mark Starr (D+)

Okerlund interviews Cactus Jack. (C-)

Arn Anderson cuts a promo on Hulk Hogan. (A)

Bobby Heenan throws his two cents in and hints that Double A isn't the only Ace in the Hole for Heenan. (B)

The Blue Bloods def. Jim Duggan & The Nasty Boys (B-)

Hype video: Flair vs Sting (B+)

Ric Flair def. Chris Jericho by submission in a near-match-of-the-year candidate, if not for Crockett's monotonous verbal plodding at the announce table. (A)

Final rating: B

http://www.pwtorch.com/PWTorchGraphics/PWTorchLogo2010greygreySLOGAN250.jpg

• Looks like WCW is demolishing WWF in the B-Show War, but that's not really hard to do when you throw Ric Flair on as the main event. What are they thinking? Similarly, what is WWF thinking with a main event of Bushwhacker Butch versus Fatu?
  • WWF disrupted WCW's Saturday night taping, as a group of fans showed up at the taping with WWF signs.
  • WWF Star D'Lo Brown has been fired from WCW developmental company PWA as a result of roster cutbacks.
  • El Samurai & Jushin Liger are the new IWGP Tag Team Champions, after defeating Hashimoto & Hirata.
  • WCW Saturday Night scored a 0.46 rating this week, and WWF Superstars scored a 0.26.
  • WCW has been caught attempting a sponsor snipe agaist rival promotion WWF.
  • ECW has let go a swarm of talent after losing their Hardcore TV slot, including (but not limited to): Kid Kash, Big Dick Dudley, La Parka, Mustafa, Brian Christopher, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Perry Saturn, both Pitbulls, Axl Rotton, and promising rookie Jeff Hardy.
  • WCW's "Thunder" programming starts taping on the first Tuesday of December. No word yet on how the show will be utilized. Nitro & Saturday Night have been boosted to two-hour broadcasts, so we'll see how WCW plans to handle the expanded airtime.

Is it your mod? It's great, I'm enjoying it so far, aside from the media group thing. But that's the game's fault. And Turner broadcasting's fault! They're pretty much the only reason that's a feature, otherwise the idea would be unheard of. :D

Yup, it's my mod. And I'm all ears for suggestions. :)

It's pretty good as it is--I can't really think of anything. I wish there was a feature for TV specials to correctly emulate Clash and SNME...For now I have Clash switched to PPV because I'm desperate to get exposure and go global... lol

One thing I can think of is adding the Nitro Girls. Some might not think of this as a big deal, but they were a big part of the overall presentation of Nitro for a while. Everyone remembers Kimberly... :p I know she's already in but I didn't see any of the others. Unless they haven't debuted yet.

It's pretty good as it is--I can't really think of anything. I wish there was a feature for TV specials to correctly emulate Clash and SNME...For now I have Clash switched to PPV because I'm desperate to get exposure and go global... lol

One thing I can think of is adding the Nitro Girls. Some might not think of this as a big deal, but they were a big part of the overall presentation of Nitro for a while. Everyone remembers Kimberly... :p I know she's already in but I didn't see any of the others. Unless they haven't debuted yet.

I have a few of the Nitro girls in, but not many of them. But I have seen this request before, so maybe I'll put in the rest as well...

I will advice you not to try to expand globally too soon. I did that, and failed miserably; ending as cult instead, only just now recovering from it. Try to focus on making Nitro the best show in USA before expanding to another country, is my advice. :)

I have a few of the Nitro girls in, but not many of them. But I have seen this request before, so maybe I'll put in the rest as well...

I will advice you not to try to expand globally too soon. I did that, and failed miserably; ending as cult instead, only just now recovering from it. Try to focus on making Nitro the best show in USA before expanding to another country, is my advice. :)

Gotcha...I was going to run non-televised live events in Mexico and Canada...but it's too much like work. Nitro is the best show....when I advance book the matches. hehe

Gotcha...I was going to run non-televised live events in Mexico and Canada...but it's too much like work. Nitro is the best show....when I advance book the matches. hehe

Remember to get native speaking announcers and colour commentators if you run events abroad!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/nitro.jpg

Monday, Week 1, December 1995

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff, & Dusty RhodesLouisville Freedom Hall, Louisville, Kentucky

Preshow:

The Nasty Boys def. Buck & Slater (C+)

The American Males & Stevie Ray def. Paul Orndorff, Scott Norton, & Cactus Jack (C+)

Main show:

To start the show, Jim Crockett is in the ring.

Crockett: Last week Harlem Heat requested a rematch for the tag team titles. While they do have the right to a rematch, they do not have the authority to name stipulations. Because this is a wrestling company, not an entertainment company--

Crockett is interrupted by reports of Zodiac & Meng jumping Randy Savage backstage. Crockett looks embarassed. (C+)

Crockett: Erm, they do not have the authority to name stipulations--I do. There will not be a street right. A regular match will take place, but there must be a winner. An extra referee will be at hand to keep an eye on things. As for the Dungeon of Doom, we are still discussing matters.(B)

The Diamond Doll comes to the ring with Diamond Dallas Page, as the show is about to kick into gear with tag-team action. ©

Diamond Dallas and VK Wallstreet def. Alex Wright and Madman Marc Mero when Wright refused to tag Mero in, ensuring that the Cruiserweight champion would take a beating. Wright's heel turn is official. Also, Mero came to the ring sporting Everlast boxing trunks, apparently straying away from his previous gimmick. (B-)

After a commercial, US champion Ric Flair is in the ring.

Flair: I have the honor of main eventing Nitro tonight, and am told I will be defending my United States title. I'd like to set an open challenge for any of the newcomers to step up for a shot. I'll take them to school, and warm up for my match with the Stinger at the same time. WOOO! (A*)

Jericho appears at the entrance ramp.

Jericho: Flair, I want that shot. I gave you a run for your money on Saturday Night and this time it'll be for the US title. (B+)

Road Warrior Hawk def. Dory Funk Jr in a short match. (C-)

A recovered Randy Savage storms to the ring.

Savage: Taskmaster! I've had it with this crap, YEAH. So I've got a little proposition for ya, yeah. If you freaks have the stones, let's end this at Starrcade. I've been facing your cronies on every show, Yeah, and at Starrcade, I want to face ALL OF THEM. I'm used to it, but I'm not a big fan of getting jumped from behind. Not a fan of getting jumped from behind. The Macho Man says that if you want to end this, I'll run the gauntlet. Every one of your guys I pin is out of WCW. DIG IT!

Taskmaster at the entrance: You're on, Savage. But for every match you lose, we get 5 minutes to beat your ass. No matter what happens, you're not walking out of Starrcade. But it's not the end of the year yet, so you've got a match, Savage!(B)

Big Bubba runs to the ring and a match is underway!

Somewhere around the 9 minute mark, though, Zodiac ran in to attack Savage, giving Macho Man the DQ win. (B)

Jim Crockett is backstage and gives his approval for the Savage-Dungeon Gauntlet. (B+)

Sting & Lex Luger def. The Giant & Meng (13:27) (B)

Hulk Hogan cuts a standard promo on Arn Anderson, his opponent at Starrcade. (B+)

Jericho and Flair put on another wrestling clinic. Jericho shines but can't match Flair, and submits to the figure four in 16:05. (A)

Overall rating: B+

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/thunder.jpg

Thursday, Week 1, December 1995 (Taped Tuesday)

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan, Larry Zbyszko

UTC Arena, University of Tennessee in Chattanooga. (10,000)

Preshow:

Sting, Luger, & Hawk def. Orndorff, OMG, & John Layfield (B-)

Main show:

The announcers kick off the show and give a run-down of tonight's matches. The announcers for Thunder for now are Tony Schiavone, Larry Zbyszko, & Bobby Heenan. (B+)

American Males def Slater/Buck (C+)

Okerlund interviews Marc Mero (C+)

Regal def. Rey Jr ©

Crockett announces Flair vs Funk for the title in the main event to celebrate the debut of Thunder. (B+)

Hogan/Savage vs Bubba/Anderson goes to a draw, double DQ. (B+)

Jericho def Eddy Guerrero (B)

Okerlund interviews the Dungeon of Doom (B+)

WCW United States Championship

Flair def. Terry Funk to retain the US Title. Booker T appeared at the entrance, distracting Funk, and Flair was able to put a figure four leglock on and get the submission victory at 16:01. (B)

• The Inner Circle defeated Crash and Burn for the Mexican National Tag titles in AAA.
  • WCW has signed Chris Jericho to a 32 month written extension at $10,000 per month.
  • WCW has overtaken WWF in the monday night ratings battles, with Nitro scoring 5.40, and Raw scoring 5.15.
  • WCW has signed Terry Funk to an exclusive per-appearance extension, meaning he will have to give up his spot on ECW's roster. This could be interpreted two ways: WCW is targeting ECW, or is trying to make sure their tag team champion has a light schedule. At 51 years old, Funk is unlikely to be offered a long-term deal.

Great job with the ratings fest. Also, I'd rather have Funk lose the tag belts than leave his home at ECW, but a smart choice nevertheless.

Yeah, for the good of the wrestling business, people should have left ECW alone, but in the fictional world of this game, I figured I'd try to bury ECW.. Haha. Funk+Regal=good TV in my imagination anyway :)

I just booked Starrcade last night and I'm really excited to post it when this thread catches up to it on my show log. Thanks for reading!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/SaturdayNight.jpg

Saturday, Week 1, December 1995 (Taped Thursday)

Announcers: Jim Crockett Jr, Mike Tenay, & Chris Jericho

Preshow:

Dean Malenko works circles around Berlin, and scores a quick roll-up victory. The crowd booed Berlin out of the building, and it wasn't 'heel heat.' (5:26) (42)

Main show:

Crocket, Tenay, and Jericho open the show from the announcers' table. (73)

Terry Funk squashed Rey Mysterio Jr with ease. (71)

Funk pummels Rey after the match, most likely to send a message to Booker T and Stevie Ray. (62)

Eddy Guerrero def. John Layfield with a Frog Splash in 6:01 (55).

Harlem Heat made short work of Buck & Slater, as Booker T pinned Slater at 5:46 after a Heat Seaker. (69)

Harlem Heat cuts a promo on Terry Funk and the Blue Bloods. (71)

After a commercial, The Blue Bloods (Regal/Eaton) defeated The Nasty Boys in 6:22 when Brian Knobbs submitted to the Regal Stretch. (62)

Backstage, the Dungeon of Doom is putting the boots to someone, but his identity is unclear. After rendering him unconscious, the victim is revealed to be Lanny Poffo! Savage is not in the building, but he'll hear about it and it will fuel the fire even more. (67)

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, and VK Wallstreet in a non-title four-way elimination match. Booker T joined Tenay and Crockett on commentary to scout Benoit in the match. (9:12) (72)

Diamond Dallas Page sets an open challenge, stating that he hasn't had a title defense in a while and will put it up against anyone. (66)

Rey Mysterio Jr limps out and says he wants the shot. DDP bursts out laughing, but accepts. (50)

Sting & Lex Luger def. Alex Wright & Cactus Jack in the main event of the night. Sting pinned Cactus after a Diving Crossbody Block. (15:13) (81)

Luger is still pissed about losing to Cactus, and clocks him after the match. Cactus strikes back and the two tumble out of the ring into a brawl. Wright & Sting get into it as well, and officials break them up as the show ends. (71)

Final rating: 71

http://www.pwtorch.com/PWTorchGraphics/PWTorchLogo2010greygreySLOGAN250.jpg

• WCW has opened a second developmental territory, NWA Mid-Atlantic. Given WCW's dettachment from the National Wrestling Alliance and Jim Crockett's history as a promoter in the Mid-Atlantic area, this is an interesting devlopment. The promotion is very small and was built with a minimum investment, but is likely to grow quickly, as it is a touring style promotion.
  • CMLL has fallen to Cult status, and has already begun its firing spree. So far released: Foreign Exchange, Rey Bucanero, Headhunter A, Ultimatum, Humberto Garza Jr, Pierrothito, Olimpico, Antifaz Del Norte, and Guerrero de la Muerte.
  • ECW stars Stevie Richards and Too Cold Scorpio have jumped ship to WCW with written deals.
  • Dick Murdoch has announced his retirement. Despite this news, he has signed with WWC. He will most likely be taking on a role as a manager or colour man.
  • WCW has signed numerous other talents from ECW, but is keeping the details a secret. Dory Funk Jr's short contract has quietly expired, and he is officially gone from WCW.
  • All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling held their annual Best Tag Team League tournament recently, and Jungle Jack were named the winners.

Monday, Week 2, December 1995

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff, & Dusty Rhodes

Preshow:

Zodiac def. Rob Van Dam, narrowly.(45)

Terry Funk def. Rey Mysterio Jr. (76)

Main show:

The announcers open the show.

Shiavone: Fans, welcome to the biggest night in the history of World Championship Wrestling! We are just one week away from another historic Starrcade event, and we've got a packed show for you tonight to get ready for it.

Dusty Rhodes: That's right Tony, a packed card headlined by my good friend Nature Boy Ric Flair.

Bischoff: Flair's really got his work cut out for him for tonight. I'm not sure facing the gargantuan GIANT is the best way to prepare for Starrcade and his title defense against the man called Sting.

Schiavone: Speaking of the Stinger, Mene Gene is standing by with Sting right now. Gene? (85)

Gene: Thank you Tony. Fans, we are less than a week away from Starrcade, and another historic Flair vs Sting showdown. Tonight your opponent is facing the Giant. How do you feel about that?

Sting: Well, let me tell ya something, Mene Gene. It's a blessing and a curse, because the Giant's gonna soften old man Flair up real good for the Stinger, and I'll take my US Title back easily. However, I said before I could beat Flair on my best day, or my worst day. And it doesn't mean nearly as much if Flair's not on his best day, and 100%. So I'm hoping the Nature Boy pulls out his bag of dirty tricks once again to beat the Giant. Because the Stinger wants Flair at 100%, no excuses.

Gene: Thank you Sting, and good luck. Lets t-

Sting: WOOOOOOOOOO!

Gene: Uh, let's get to the ring. (84)

Cactus Jack def. Hugh Morrus (5:34) (60)

Cactus grabs a mic.

Cactus: Lexy, that was a bad thing you did on Saturday Night. You made a crazy man an angry crazy man.

Cactus pulls on his hair, pulling a few pieces out.

Cactus: At Starrcade, you'll see why that's a very bad idea... BANG BANG! (69)

Coming back from a commercial, the Diamond Doll is handing out Diamond Dallas Page T-Shirts to lucky audience members. (67)

A quick hype video is shown for DDP vs Rey. (53)

6-Man Cruiserweight tag action:

Malenko/Guerrero/Mero fought to a draw with Wright/Sabu/Jericho. (9:40) (75)

After the match, Alex Wright & Berlin jumped Cruiserweight champ Marc Mero from behind. Surprisingly, Chris Jericho turns around from the entrance path and makes a beeline for the ring. The fans expected a 3 on 1 beatdown, but Jericho helped Mero fight off the two angry Germans. (44)

Mero offered a handshake to Jericho in gratitude, but Jericho backed away and left the ring. (66)

The Blue Bloods (Regal & Eaton) def. The Nasty Boys (8:21) (66). Sags submits to the Regal Stretch.

The Blue Bloods unite in the ring and cut a promo on Harlem Heat. (64)

Heenan and Anderson are backstage with Gene Okerlund.

Okerlund: Speaking of championship matches, Arn Anderson, you won a chance of a lifetime when you outlasted the rest of the WCW roster in World War 3, earning yourself a shot at Hulk Hogan's World Title.

Anderson: Hold on there Mean Gene. Chance? You might as well call it a guarantee, because there's no way I'm walking out of Starrcade without that belt around my waist. Hogan's too focused on his movies, and shmoozing with celebrities to even train for this match.

Heenan: I said it before, and I'll say it again. We've got it covered. Hogan's not even here tonight, is he? That's the integrity of a champion for ya. Say, if he forgets to show up to Starrcade, do we get the belt by forfeit?

Okerlund: Well wait just a minute, I don't think you're one to question ANYONE'S integrity.

Anderson gets in Okerlund's face.

Anderson: Do you have a problem with my manager?

Okerlund: Well yes, but I have a feeling it would be best to just accept it.

Anderson: Good answer. You're just an announcer. And given what I'm capable of doing and WILL DO to Hulk Hogan, I think you're gonna want to think twice before ever crossing me. (90)

Lex Luger def. VK Wallstreet with the Torture Rack in 9:26. (81)

Cactus bolts to the ring to interrupt the celebration, and pummels Luger. (74)

Okerlund is backstage with Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo.

Okerlund: Well I had to change my underwear after that last interview but I don't think I have to worry about this one.

Savage: I know the feeling, when you have a 'tough guy' roaming through the locker rooms, pushing his weight around. Dungeon of Doom, you pushed your weight around one too many times. It was already personal. But after involving my brother, when I wasn't even there... Well it's even more personal now, yeah. Even more personal. I hope you stooges are ready, because I've never been more ready for something in my life. And my brother will be in my corner to make sure no funny business goes down. DIG IT!! (89)

The Giant and Ric Flair fought to a draw after 15:41 when the match descended into chaos. The two broke so many rules that the referee didn't know who to disqualify, and just threw the match out. (83)

Final rating: 74 ...wtf

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/thunder.jpg

Thursday, Week 2, December 1995 (Taped Tuesday)

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan, Larry Zbyszko

Manley Field House, Syracuse New York

Preshow:

Okerlund/Mero interview (56)

Mero def. Scott Norton (52)

Mero promo (59)

Main Show:

No intro, just immediate wrestling action.

In a quick match, Rey Mysterio def. Disco Inferno with a Springboard Huracarrana. (65)

Okerlund is backstage interviewing Diamond Dallas Page.

Okerlund: Hoh! Would you look at that. Diamond Dallas Page, do you think maybe you're underestimating the heart of Rey Mysterio Jr?

DDP: Listen, old man, heart doesn't mean a thing when you're three feet tall.

Okerlund: Well, I think I'd have to disagree with what you said there.. I'm not that old.

DDP: Haha, funny. Rey, even Okerlund doesn't have any faith in you. I've got the title, I've got the girl, and I'm twice your weight and height, easily. Beat someone other than that dancing dork and I'll be impressed. Beat ME, and I'll be impressed. You're just gonna get cut down like everyone else. BANG! (74)

Diamond Dallas Page vs Lex Luger (non-title)

Page walks to the ring shouting to the camera. "Let me show you how it's done, Rey!"

Page held his own, but Luger's power was a bit too much. Luckily for DDP, Cactus Jack caused the match to end after blindsiding Luger. Unfortunately for DDP, Luger wins by DQ. DDP looks like he escaped death. (8:59) (75)

After DDP regained his composure, he joined Cactus and put the boots to Luger. Rey Mysterio ran out and cleared the ring after a few springboard moves. Luger thanks him for the help but looks a little embarrassed that he couldn't defend himself without help from someone so small. (71)

6-Man tag:

Liger, Malenko, & Guerrero vs...

Once again, The Giant interrupts a match. Furious, he demands another shot at Flair for the US Title, claiming that he never lost, and the match shouldn't have been thrown out. (90)

Sting comes out of the entrance and tells Giant that he'll have to wait his turn, and he shouldn't have gotten a shot in the first place, as Sting is the number one contender.

Sting: I do have an idea, though. I wasn't too happy about Flair having to face you before our match, because I want him at 100%. So what I'd like to do, is face you myself. I'm a man of honor, and if Flair's had to face you, then I will too. If you beat me, you've got my shot at Starrcade. Because if I can't beat another contender, I don't deserve a title shot. You won't beat me, though.

Jim Crockett Jr comes out and gives the approval, making the match the main event of the evening. (80)

The Dungeon of Doom is sitting in the crowd to watch the next match closely. (58)

Terry Funk & Steven Regal are backstage and cut a promo on Harlem Heat. (65)

Hogan & Savage (with Jimmy Hart & Lanny Poffo) def. The Blue Bloods (Eaton & Benoit) (16:07) (78)

Sting def The Giant in 11:38 with the Scorpion Deathlock. (82)

Sting grabs a mic.

Sting: Flair, we're even now. See you at Starrcade. WOO! (90)

Overall rating: 73....

• RIP, UWF. Universal Wrestling Federation has finally succumbed to unrecoverable financial problems and went out of business.
  • Nitro beat Raw for the second week in a row, 5.06 to 4.91. A narrow victory is still a victory.
  • Former WCW wrestler Danny Davis has taken over NWA-Mid Atlantic, WCW's new developmental territory.
  • Asuka and Kandori have defeated Suzuki and Kansai for the JWP Tag titles, and Tanaka and Kuroda defeated The Love Guns for the FMW Brass Knuckles tag belts.

Yup, it's my mod. And I'm all ears for suggestions. :)

I thought of something. I don't know if this has anything to do with the way the AI works, but Undertaker & Isaac Yankem = "Brothers of Destruction."

Would it help to set the team as inactive, or did the AI activate them? It'd be nice if there was a specification that said that a team was limited to workers being under certain gimmicks.

I'm wondering if maybe it's not right to have tag teams exist that hadn't been formed yet.. example, Kane/Taker, Buff/Norton, Luger/Flair, etc. Then again, the game is pretty bad at organically creating teams. :D

I suppose it doesn't matter though, because we're all a bit 'not right' in our booking by throwing Dwayne Johnson into development IMMEDIATELY after he enters the wrestling world. Why? Who's he? Oh, no one.. No particular reason, Just a hunch. :D

Anyway, I'm booking, chugging away at it and nearing the end of the year... WWF is slowly losing popularity, so I'm really hoping they screw up and drop to Cult or something. They booked a Raw with a 45 rating one week... -_-

Archived