Monday Night Mayhem: WCW On the Rise (Sep 1995 Mod)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/SaturdayNight.jpg

Saturday, Week 2, December 1995 (Taped Thursday)

Host: Gene Okerlund

Announcers: Jim Crockett Jr, Mike Tenay, & Chris Jericho

Mobile Civic Center, Alabama (2000)

Preshow:

Wright Power def. The Barrio Brothers in 6:23 (40)

Main show:

Tenay, Crockett, & Jericho open the show. (78)

Benoit & Liger tear the house down in a ten minute wrestling clinic (81). Benoit gets the win.

Okerlund interviews DDP, who is facing Dean Malenko later. (82)

VK Wallstreet def. Rey Jr, but Rey put up one hell of a fight. (9:45) (62)

Crockett is backstage with DDP, and tells him that in the interest of fairness, VK Wallstreet should be the #1 contender for DDP's TV title. DDP insists on facing Rey Jr, and Crockett reluctantly agrees. (66)

Okerlund interviews the Taskmaster, with the Dungeon nearby. (74)

The American Males def. OMG & Orndorff (7:33) (63)

Terry Funk & Booker T brawl backstage, and are soon joined by Stevie Ray and Steven Regal. Authorities pull apart the four Starrcade opponents. (80)

Cactus Jack def. Eddy Guerrero after using the ring bell at the 8:17 mark. (67)

After the match, Cactus hypes his Starrcade match with Luger. (70)

DDP def. Dean Malenko, narrowly. Malenko countered everything and appeared to have it easily won, but DDP scored the win after a low blow and inside cradle. (6:54) (57)

Crockett announces a new decision on the TV title running at Starrcade. DDP will defend the title in a four corner elimination match. VK Wallstreet, Dean Malenko, & Rey Mysterio. DDP is furious. (53)

Hawk & Savage def. Meng & Scott Norton in the main event. (9:03) (66)

Overall rating: (66)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/starrcade1995.jpg

WCW Starrcade 1995

Rupp Arena, Lexington Kentucky

WCW World Heavyweight Wrestling Championship

Hulk Hogan © vs 1995 World War 3 Winner Arn AndersonWCW United States Championship Rematch

Ric Flair © vs Sting

Dungeon of Doom Gauntlet

Randy Savage vs Zodiac

Randy Savage vs Big Bubba Rogers

Randy Savage vs Meng

Randy Savage vs The Taskmaster

WCW World Cruiserweight Championship

"Madman" Marc Mero © vs Alex Wright

WCW World Tag Team Championship Rematch

The Blue Bloods © vs Harlem Heat

Grudge Match

Lex Luger vs Cactus Jack

WCW World Television Championship

Four-Corner Elimination match

Diamond Dallas Page © vs Rey Misterio Jr vs V.K. Wallstreet vs Dean Malenko

Get your predictions in now, for wrestling's biggest annual event is happening soon!

Hulk Hogan © vs 1995 World War 3 Winner Arn Anderson

WCW United States Championship Rematch

Ric Flair © vs Sting

Dungeon of Doom Gauntlet

Randy Savage vs Zodiac

Randy Savage vs Meng

Grudge Match

Lex Luger vs Cactus Jack

Wallstreet first, then Malenko, then DDP.

Ric Flair © vs Sting

Dungeon of Doom Gauntlet

Randy Savage vs Zodiac

Randy Savage vs Meng

Grudge Match

Lex Luger vs Cactus Jack

Wallstreet first, then Malenko, then DDP.

You forgot Luger-Cactus. :D

WCW Starrcade 1995

Rupp Arena, Lexington Kentucky

Ric Flair © vs Sting

Dungeon of Doom Gauntlet

Randy Savage vs Zodiac

Randy Savage vs Meng

Grudge Match

Lex Luger vs Cactus Jack

I thought of something. I don't know if this has anything to do with the way the AI works, but Undertaker & Isaac Yankem = "Brothers of Destruction."

Would it help to set the team as inactive, or did the AI activate them? It'd be nice if there was a specification that said that a team was limited to workers being under certain gimmicks.

I'm wondering if maybe it's not right to have tag teams exist that hadn't been formed yet.. example, Kane/Taker, Buff/Norton, Luger/Flair, etc. Then again, the game is pretty bad at organically creating teams. :D

Yeah there are some issues with those teams, especially "Brothers of Destruction" annoy me as well... but I can't do anything except for completely removing it. It's already set as active, what we need is a "must have this gimmick" box to tick...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/IO.jpg

InternationalObjects.com pay-per-view report

and weekend wrestling happenings

• WCW is said to not have been impressed with rookie James Maritato, and have let his tryout contract expire without offering him an extension. Also expired are the tryout contracts of Taka Michinoku & Banzai.
  • Thunder's rating this week was a 4.60.
  • WCW has signed announcer Mike Tenay to a 24 month written contract extension.
  • Rocco & Smothers are the new NWC Tag champions, and the WAR World Six-Man titles have been claimed by Fuyuki, Arashi & Ultimo.
  • Bruce Hart has been hired to fill the vacant NWA-Mid Atlantic booking position.
  • Jeff Jarrett has beaten Scott Steiner for the USWA World title, a business move put into play to account for Steiner leaving the company.

Thought I'd post a dirtsheet to bump the diary to get more predictions. Get em' in soon, Starrcade's right around the corner!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/starrcade1995.jpg

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff, Dusty Rhodes

Rupp Arena, Lexington Kentucky (30,000)

Preshow:

Marcus Alexander Bagwell def. Raven (WCW debut) (6:54) (55)

The Giant def. Scotty Riggs (4:34) (67)

Main show:

Shiavone: Fans, welcome to the biggest night in the history of professional wrestling! It's Starrcade 1995, and we are at the sold-out Rupp Arena in Lexington Kentucky!

Bischoff: We've got a packed house and a packed card. Tonight we'll see all of the stars in action with most of WCW's top championship gold on the line.

Rhodes: We've got the Macho Man Randy Savage in not one but four matches tonight, and what's on the line in that match is just as important as championship gold: a possible end to the Dungeon of Doom.

Shiavone: Savage has his work cut out for him, so enough talking, let's get to the ring, and the first match of the Gauntlet! (90)

Savage Dungeon Gauntlet: Match 1

Randy Savage vs Zodiac

This one could have ended early but it was clear that Savage was a man possessed, wanting to inflict punishment on every member of the Dungeon. After 8 minutes, Savage got the easy pin on Zodiac. (76)
Cameras are backstage, as two familiar wrestlers are sneaking through one of the locker rooms. Their faces aren't shown, but they're both wearing Michigan University letterman jackets... Who could they be? Whoever they are, they just ran off with the Blue Bloods' tag team titles! (77)

WCW TV Title

Four-way elimination match

DDP © vs Rey Jr vs VK Wallstreet vs Dean Malenko

Rey was the first person eliminated, a few minutes into the match he was pinned by Wallstreet after DDP nailed him from behind with a clubbing forearm. Shortly after, DDP nailed the Diamond Cutter on VK Wallstreet, eliminated him. Malenko dominated DDP hold for hold, and eventually made him submit to the Texas Cloverleaf, winning the title. (9:58) (64)

Savage Dungeon Gauntlet: Match 2

Again Savage is a man posessed. Unlike the first match, it looked like the Dungeon would gain the upperhand, as Zodiac ran out. However, the interference was botched and it cost Bubba the match. Savage gets the 1-2-3 in 7:38. (80)

WCW Tag Team Titles

Blue Bloods © vs Harlem Heat (with Sister Sherri)

Funk & Regal defeat Harlem Heat in a surprisingly fair match. The extra referee was at hand, as promised, but the Blue Bloods were on their best behavior. There was something a bit 'off' in the Harlem Heat corner, though. (11:56) (77)

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Marc Mero © vs Alex Wright

In an average, short match, Mero defeated Wright to retain the Cruiserweight title after hitting a Shooting Star Press. (6:54) (60)

Grudge match

Cactus Jack vs Lex Luger

This was an unorganized brawl that ended with a Torture Rack at the 8:52 mark, giving Luger the win. Cactus gave Luger quite a beating, though. (74)

Savage Dungeon Gauntlet: Match 3

Randy Savage vs Meng

Meng is a tank, as anyone knows. Randy & Lanny knew this as well, and decided to give the Dungeon a taste of their own medicine. Savage got the pinfall on Meng, using the ropes for leverage, while Poffo held Meng's legs down. (7:32) (78)

WCW United States Championship:

Ric Flair © vs Sting

Flair retains the title by submission with the Figure-Four. Perhaps facing the Giant a few nights ago was a bad idea for Sting. (15:58) (85)

Flair & Sting celebrate after the match. (87)

Savage Dungeon Gauntlet: Match 4

The Dungeon tried to interfere, but were blocked off by security and wrestlers, per order of Jim Crockett Jr. Savage won his fourth bout of the night by pinfall in 10:26, putting the Dungeon of Doom to an end. (79)

Okerlund interviews Arn Anderson.

Okerlund: Folks we are just minutes away from what could be the biggest night of Arn Anderson's career.

Anderson: Maybe. If Hogan decides to show up, maybe. But I'm still thinking the two times I brutalized Ric Flair are the most rewarding nights of my career. When I win tonight, I think I'd like to give him the first shot at the title, so I can do it again.

Okerlund: Something tells me your priorities aren't where they should be.

Anderson: Something tells me that I could have sworn I told you not to cross me, Okerlund. Anyway, I've got a World title to win, Brother. (96)

Hulk Hogan © vs 1995 World War 3 Battle Royal winner Arn Anderson

Hogan dominated early on, due to the obvious power difference. Not before long, though, Anderson pulled out the dirty tricks with the eye gouges and use of the ropes. Anderson kept "Woooing" the crowd, and even put Hogan in the figure four leglock. Anderson used the ropes to inflict more pressure with the submission hold, but Hogan still powered out of it.

A ref bump happened, and Anderson worked on Hogan's leg with a chair. Flair ran to ringside to revive the ref, and Hogan started to Hulk Up. Avoiding his fate of a boot and legdrop, Arn rolled out of the ring. Hogan continued pumping up the crowd, and the referee began his count.

Flair climbed into the ring and shocked the world (or not so much) by hitting Hogan with a chair! Wooooo! Anderson rolls back in, hits a Spinebuster and DDT, and wins his first World Championship at the 22:08 mark. (82)

Chris Jericho walks down the ramp with a puzzled look on his face, as if he lost all respect for Flair. A returning Steve Austin runs past him to the ring!

Bischoff: What the hell is he doing here?

Rhodes: I don't know, didn't you fire him?

Flair & Arn are putting the boots to the former champion, and Austin shoves them away, tending to Hogan. Jericho enters the ring and sides with Austin, checking on Hogan. (73)

Austin and Jericho help Hogan up, but Austin, perhaps unsurprisingly, hits Hogan with a low blow, and lays him out only for Jericho to add insult to injury with a Lionsault.

Anderson, Flair, Heenan, Austin, & Jericho unite to punish Hogan. (94)

Heenan: Here's my ace in the hole. FOUR aces in the hole, if you will.

Anderson, Flair, Austin, Jericho, & Heenan all hold up the iconic four fingers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/heenan.jpg

Heenan: My four aces are four horsemen. Thank you, and goodnight! (83)

InternationalObjects.com pay-per-view report

and weekend wrestling happenings

• Bam Bam Bigelow captured the vacant ECW World title at December to Dismember, defeating Sabu. The title was vacated by Scott Steiner, who jumped ship to WCW, and re-debuted on Starrcade. Interestingly, ECW did not offer a match for the TV title, also vacant due to Too Cold Scorpio leaving for WCW.
  • Holy Demon Army have captured the AJPW Real World Tag League tournament title after winning three matches in a row at All Japan Pro Wrestling's Strongest Tag Team League event.
  • If you missed Starrcade, you might want to order the replay of this historical event. New WCW World Champion and reigning United States champion Arn Anderson and Ric Flair reunited to reform the legendary Four Horsemen with Steve Austin and Chris Jericho. Tonight's Nitro should be pivotal in explaining their actions and revealing the status of former champion Hulk Hogan.
  • Prediction contest results:
    • Kijar: 7 for 10
    • Tracybrooksfan: 7 for 10

[*]Updated standings:

• Kijar: 7 for 10 - 70%
    • Tracy BrooksFan - 12 for 24 - 50%
    • Hashasheen - 6 for 14 - 43%
    • Tripps04 - 1 for 6 - 17%

[*]No new news for NWA Mid Atlantic, but they are due to start their first tour in January, so expect to see the small company sign a few names in preparation.

NWA-MA's current roster

Bruce Hart - Head Booker

Danny Davis - Owner

Chris Kanyon

Damon Stryker

Dwayne Johnson

John Layfield

Lance Storm

Psicosis

Rob Van Dam

Santo Christo

Stevie Richards

Teddy Long - trainer

Harley Race - trainer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/nitro.jpg

Monday, Week 3, December 1995

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff, & Dusty Rhodes

Preshow:

The Nasty Boys def. Raven & Too Cold Scorpio ©

Main Show:

The show opens with the new Four Horsemen in the ring with Gene Okerlund.

Anderson: Woooooooo. How do you like that. Flair and I had one hell of a war but we realized there was more success united than divided. So we had an understanding. For once, it'd be the Enforcer's time to wheel and deal, call in the jets and the limos, and shineup a big gold championship belt. And here it is, just like I said.

Flair: Ain't that right old pal. And new pals, too. The second I stepped into the ring with Jericho here, I knew there was something special with the kid. And who better to go VIP with the Horsemen than the Hollywood Blonde himself, Mr Steve Austin, back in WCW. So once again, like old times, we've got the gold, we've got the money, we've got the women. We've got the past, present, and future standing in this ring, along with wrestling's oldest microphone stand, Gene Okerlund. WOOOO!

Okerlund: I beg your pard-

Anderson: I said watch it Okerlund. When we want your opinion, we'll beat it out of ya. (B+)

While Austin and Jericho are laughing, and Hogan appears at the entrance, in rough shape.

Hogan: Real nice, Flair. We should have seen this coming. Just remember, I've got a rematch clause in my contract, which means I'll be facing you at Souled Out, Arn. I'll be getting that title back, Horsemen or no Horsemen. Just remember, that I've got a couple of guys back there who have got my back, no matter the odds. Guys like the Macho Man, Luger, Sting, and-

Flair: STING?! (Flair is bright red, yelling like he always does) WOOO! WHERE WAS STING LAST NIGHT, WHEN WE WERE BEATING YOUR ASS?

Hogan: Well, I'm sure he's got a good reason, but when you've got Savage and Luger in your corner, I don't need the Stinger. In fact, I'm pretty sure the power of Hulkamania is all I need to fight you four. (A)

Showing more brawn than brains, Hogan tears off his shirt and heads to the ring, almost immediately getting ambushed by the Horsemen. The cavalry comes in pretty quickly, though, as Luger & Hawk come in to clean house with Hogan. No Sting, though. (B)

Hogan: Sting, where the hell are you brother. Oh hell, I don't need Sting when I've got Luger and the Road Warrior in my corner. Thanks guys. (A)

WCW TV Title match:

Dean Malenko def. Esquire Chris Benoit in his first title defense, one night after Starrcade. Malenko wins in 9:05 with the Texas Cloverleaf. (C+)

Okerlund is backstage with the Taskmaster and The Giant.

Taskmaster: Savage, you won last night, and my minions have had no choice but to flee the company. However, there's one last order of business. Despite any problems we may have had, The Giant is still my faithful servant. You have not beaten the Giant, and you must face him tonight. Beat him, and the door to the Dungeon is closed forever. (B)

Jim Crockett makes an announcement.

Crockett: The world wants to see the Horsemen get what's coming to them. Tonight's main event will be an eight man tag team bout with the Horsemen facing Hogan, Luger, Hawk, and Sting. (B+)

Diamond Dallas Page def. Marcus Alexander Bagwell in a short match. (5:02) (C+)

Regal & Funk cut a promo about their missing tag team titles, calling out whoever stole them. (C+)

The Steiner Brothers emerge from the entrance ramp! They do not appear to have the belts, but a match is still underway, anyway.

The Steiners & The Blue Bloods fought to a draw, as the referee lost control and threw the match out. It seems to be very obvious to the Blue Bloods that it was the Steiners who stole the belts. (B)

A camera backstage catches Savage & Hogan speaking backstage.

Savage: Good luck to you brother. It doesn't look like Sting's gonna show. I haven't seen him all night.

Hogan: Yeah, I don't know about him, but like I said, I don't need him.

Savage: Don't underestimate them. Take the Dungeon for example. Together, it's near impossible. I overcame the odds last night and the only way I was able to beat them is by facing them each separately. But Flair and Arn, brother, don't underestimate them. I'd help you guys out but I have my work cut out for me tonight.

Hogan: Don't worry about it, we've got this. You take care of your business. Thanks brother. (B+)

Randy Savage def. The Giant in 11:51, effectively ending the Dungeon of Doom's reign of terror. (B)

Coincidentally, the Horsemen reign has just begun.

The Four Horsemen def. Hogan, Hawk, & Luger in a handicap match. Despite the power of the three massive individuals on Team Hogan, the Horsemen knew just what to do to win. After handcuffing Luger to the ring post, the Horsemen had the match in the bag. Arn Anderson pinned Hulk Hogan to end the now 4-on-2 match at 17:02 after a great deal of punishment. Hogan looks to be in rough shape and the WCW copyright image shows over a beaten Hogan on a stretcher. (B+)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/flair-hogan.jpg

Final rating: B, and no 'this hurt our popularity' message. Thank you Horsemen!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/thunder.jpg

Thursday, Week 3, December 1995 (Taped Tuesday)

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan, Larry Zbyszko

Nashville Municipal Auditorium, Nashville Tennessee (15,000)

Preshow:

Raven & Kurasawa def. Joey Maggs & Mark Starr (39)

Main show:

The announcers open the show. (94)

Disco Inferno vs Madman Marc Mero (non-title)

Coming off a successful title defense at Starrcade, Marc Mero continues his success against Disco Inferno, winning at 9:19 with a Shooting Star Press. (67)

Lex Luger vs Too Cold Scorpio

Luger def. Scorpio in this squash match in 4:52 after a Military Slam Press. (67)

VK Wallstreet vs Rey Mysterio Jr

Wallstreet wins, yet again, though it was an even matchup. 8:09, (68)

Diamond Dallas Page comes out and complains.

DDP: Wallstreet, you screwed everything up. I should still be champion, because I should have faced that little runt. Malenko shouldn't have been in the match either. And why did Benoit get a shot? Don't I get a rematch?

All of the contenders come out, and everyone argues about who should get a shot at Malenko's TV title. Security prevents a fight from breaking out, and persuades everyone to leave, except for Malenko, who stays in the ring for a match. (80)

Malenko & Guerrero vs The Horsemen (Austin & Jericho)

Great back and forth action, but the Horsemen get the best of Malenko & Guerrero. Austin pins Guerrero after debuting a new finisher, a cutter-style move that the announcers don't seem to have a name for yet. 11:57, (80)

DDP comes back out.

DDP: Malenko, I know you're the fighting champion type. So stop wasting time with these losers and agree to a match with me. You know it's only right. (78)

Austin & Jericho look pissed, and head to the entrance.

Page does the classic heel beg to avoid a confrontation, but Austin and Jericho ignore it and attack him. They are quickly joined by Flair and Anderson, and it's a 4-on-1 ambush. Malenko is reluctant at first, knowing he doesn't stand a chance, but still does what's right and runs to DDP's aid. Fortunately, the sides are evened, as Randy Savage and Marc Mero rush out to 'shoo away' the Horsemen. Apparently Mero still has it out for Jericho, and Savage wants to avenge Hogan. (100)

Main event:

Harlem Heat vs Regal & Funk vs The Steiners

WCW's tag division is on fire with the recent inclusion of the Steiner Brothers. However, their fire was extinguished first in this match, as the first team eliminated. Once again, they did not have the belts with them. Harlem Heat were the eventual winners, eliminating the tag team champions, Regal & Funk in 16:13. (84)

Overall rating: 84, the highest rated card of the Turner-Bischoff-Crockett era so far.

http://www.f4wonline.com/templates/f4w2007/images/logo2.gif

Wrestling Observer/Figure Four

• Crash & Burn have beaten the Inner Circle for the Mexican National Tag belts in AAA.
  • NWA Mid Atlantic has hired former AWA & AWF announcer Mick Karch to man the mic booth for their upcoming tour.
  • WCW has sent a number of stars down to NWA Mid Atlantic to help jump-start the promotion's debut tour, including Kevin Sullivan, Meng, The Giant, and believe it or not, Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Hart. The veterans will be re-polishing their craft on the indy scene and working with the stars of tomorrow. Hogan is currently working the 'fake injury' angle after Nitro.
  • Nitro vs Raw this week: 5.11 and 5.02. WCW wins, despite failing to advertise any of the matches on their card.
  • Japanese promotion WAR is on the brink of bankruptcy.
  • More additions to NWA Mid-Atlantic include rookie Tommy Dreamer and Hector Guerrero.
  • WWF's taping of Raw is said to have been an absolute DUD of a card, with a Yokozuna-Goldust main event getting a rating of 45. Great news for WCW! It also didn't help that it was held in Puerto Rico.
  • Scratch our report on NWA Mid-Atlantic's new names. A day after the report, the indy promotion fired both Dreamer & Guerrero. A rivalry between AWF and NWA-MA has just started, but this should not have affected the standing with these two workers as they were otherwise unemployed. Mid-Atlantic has however hired Perry Saturn & Mike Enos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/SaturdayNight.jpg

Saturday, Week 3, December 1995 (Taped Thursday)

Announcers: Jim Crockett Jr, Mike Tenay, & Raven

Dallas Sportatorium

Preshow:

Liger vs Kurasawa vs Mero

Mero wins in 8:18. (63)

Main show:

Tenay, Crockett, & Raven open the show. (34)

Eaton vs Misterio

Eaton wins by pinfall after an Alabama Jam at 8:29. (66)

The Blue Bloods swarm over Rey and put the boots to him.

Diamond Dallas Page rushes through the crowd to save Rey! (62)

The two former foes shake hands. (58)

Disco vs Bagwell vs Scorpio

Bagwell wins in 8:02. (58)

Raven interviews Chris Jericho. (79)

Malenko & Guerrero vs Buck & Slater

Malenko & Guerrero win in 8:53 by submission when Malenko puts the Cloverleaf on Buck. (74)

Raven interviews Steve Austin. (76)

Rhodes vs Cactus

Dusty gets the pin in a nostalgic showing to keep Rhodes active in the ring. Bionic Elbow, 1-2-3. (11:17) (66)

Norton & Sabu vs Luger & Savage

Savage gets the pin here in 8:13 after an Elbow Drop. (70)

Booker T vs Benoit

Good matchup between two young stars. Booker pins Benoit after a Harlem Hangover at 9:03. (69)

Main event:

Regal & Funk vs Wright & Berlin vs The Steiners

The Blue Bloods sneak out the win here in 11:18. (72)

Final rating: 65

http://www.pwtorch.com/PWTorchGraphics/PWTorchLogo2010greygreySLOGAN250.jpg

• In very confusing news, Perry Saturn and Mike Enos have both been fired from NWA Mid Atlantic.
  • Japanese promotion UWFi has been forced to close.
  • ECW has signed rookies Shane Helms & Matt Hardy to fill the voids left by WCW's talent raids.
  • WWF's Superstars taping was abysmal, according to reports. The star of the night was King Mabel. Go figure.
  • Thunder drew a 4.79 this week on TNT.
  • Demolition Ax has won the previously vacant Steel City Wrestling Heavyweight title. The belt was previously owned by Cactus Jack, who vacated the title when he left the company for WCW.
  • Nobutaka Araya has won the vacant PWFG Wrestling Spirit title.
  • WWF's In Your House: Season's Beatings report:
    • -Overall rating: 74, held in Hawaii (10,000)
    • -Match of the night: Razor Ramon def. Warrior (79)
    • -Main event: Diesel def. Bret Hart to retain WWF Title (77)
    • -Title change: British Bulldog def. Billy Gunn for the WWF European title (59)
    • -Tag title match: Owen & Yoko def. The New Rockers to retain the titles (58)
    • -Women's title: Bertha Faye retained vs Alundra Blayze (33)
    • -What-were-they-thinking moment of the night: D-Lo Brown def. Joe Dorgan (13)
    • -Buyrate: 3.42

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/nitro.jpg

Monday, Week 4, December 1995

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff, & Dusty Rhodes

Coleman Coliseum, Tuscaloosa Alabama

Preshow:

Lord Steven Regal def. Rey Misterio Jr (63)

Main show:

Schiavone, Bischoff, & Rhodes open the show. (92)

Schiavone: Fans, welcome to another Monday Nitro. I have the unfortunate duty of announcing to you all that Hulk Hogan has been injured and put out of commission for an unknown amount of time. It could be weeks, it could be months before he is back in action, meaning his rematch against Arn Anderson will not happen at Souled Out.

Bischoff: Definitely bad news for World Championship Wrestling, Tony. And we can all thank scumbags like Flair and Austin for robbing us of the justice we deserve to see in this great company.

Rhodes: Scumbag is putting it lightly. After what Arn Anderson did to me, a man I thought was my friend went and joined forces with him. To me, that's his stamp of approval for Anderson's heinous acts against me. They're all scumbags. (92)

Booker T is backstage with Too Cold Scorpio. Scorpio shows off his dance moves, and Booker shows scorpio a breakdancing move he's been working on and thinking of using in the ring. Stevie Ray walks in and doesn't look too happy.

Stevie: Who the hell is this sucka?

Booker: Oh it's cool brother, I was showin' Scorpio here that spinnarooni move I've been practicing.

Stevie: Man, no one wants to see that crap. Get the hell out of here, don't encourage him.

Booker: Come on, man, he's my friend. (83)

Jim Crockett Jr announces Anderson vs Savage to take place at Souled Out! (99)

Chris Jericho debuts his new interview segment, "Monday Night Jericho."

Jericho: I'd like to welcome all of you lowlifes to Monday Night Jericho. My first guest on this momentous occasion is someone who wishes he could be me, someone who idolizes me, and someone who only beat me once because I had a cold that day. Ladies and gentlemen, Marc Mero!

The crowd pops for the cruiserweight champion, who is finally starting to gain footing, despite his success as the Cruiserweight Champion.

Mero: You're forgetting something, Jericho. I've got the belt, not you. You think you can buddy up with Flair and you're immediately a big deal? If you were a big deal, you'd have this belt around your waist. I'm the big deal around here, not you, and not the Horsemen.

Jericho: Not a big deal... Let me tell you something, Junior. I was chosen by two of the greatest wrestlers ever to walk God's green earth to stand beside them and bask in the immortality of being a Horseman. I am a big deal, and I can take that title from you whenever I want.

Mero: You're a poor man's Tully, and you know it, Jericho.

Jericho gets red in the face, hits Mero with the mic, and a match is underway! (90)

Jericho vs Mero, non-title

Mero wins in 11:31 by DQ. (78)

Cactus Jack def. Marcus Alexander Bagwell (8:34) with a Double Arm DDT. (69)

Rey Misterio Jr def. VK Wallstreet with a surprise inside cradle, 5:15 into the bout. (66) The crowd popped for the underdog's victory.

Austin vs Malenko, non-title

More Horsemen shenanigans give Malenko the DQ win at 11:38. (79)

Crockett announces a blockbuster main event: 4 on 4. (84)

The Steiners bring the tag belts to the ring, and agree to return the Blue Bloods' titles, if they agree to put them on the line against them at Souled Out. The Blue Bloods rush the Steiners and beat them down, and no answer is given. The Blue Bloods take their belts back with them. (70)

Too Cold Scorpio is found backstage unconscious! (30)

The Four Horsemen defeated Savage, DDP, Malenko, & Mero in the main event. Anderson pinned Mero after sneaking the timekeeper's hammer into the ring while the referee was keeping the illegal men out of the ring. (15:35) (93)

Final rating: 88. It should have increased our popularity. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/thunder.jpg

Thursday, Week 4, December 1995 (Taped Tuesday)

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan, Larry Zbyszko

Nashville Municipal Auditorium, Tennesee

Preshow:

Alex Wright def. Ultimo Dragon (WCW debut) (60)

Main show:

Schiavone, Zbyszko, & Heenan open the show.

Schiavone: Fans, welcome to THUNDER!! We're getting closer to the end of the year, and we've got a great show for you tonight. The Horsemen are in action in two separate tag team matches.

Heenan: Divided, united, don't matter. The Horsemen always win. Because Bobby "the Ace" Heenan said so.

Zbyszko: Will you shut the hell up?

Larry rambles something incoherently, and Schiavone just ignores him.

Schiavone: First we've got 'Mean' Gene Okerlund standing by with Chris Jericho. Gene?

Okerlund: Thank you, Tony. I'm here with the self-proclaimed sole reason to watch Monday Nitro, and I think I'd argue with that if I wasn't sternly told not to.

Jericho: Good call, Mean Gene, you're not as slow as everyone says you are.

Okerlund: Well, I..

Jericho: Nah, maybe you are. But you don't matter. What matters is Chris Jericho is here tonight with Steve Austin to save Thunder's ratings and beat up the guys who are carrying our belts around for us. Mero, make sure you shine it up, Junior, because it's coming home to Monday Night Jericho. (87)

Eaton vs Rey

Eaton wins in 6:20 with an Alabama Jam. (65)

Crockett announces tonight's main event: Arn & Flair vs Harlem Heat. (100)

Austin & Jericho vs Mero & Malenko

Mero & Malenko had this one in the bag, until Heenan left the announce booth to toss a rope to Jericho. Jericho managed to choke Malenko with the rope while applying the Liontamer, rendering Malenko...well, screwed. 11:54, (80)

The Steiners come to ringside to watch the upcoming six-man match. (71)

Luger, Savage, DDP vs Cactus, Funk, Regal

Page pins Cactus after a Diamond Cutter, and the Blue Bloods quickly scatter, not making much of an effort to help Cactus. Luger & Savage pose for the fans, while DDP celebrates in the crowd. Meanwhile, Cactus sits on the floor at ringside, pulling on his hair. Bang bang! (12:18) (81)

The Steiners follow the Blue Bloods down the ramp and jump them from behind. (69)

Flair & Arn vs Harlem Heat

A pretty even match-up. Ultimately, Flair locked Booker into the figure four, but he was close enough to make a tag. Stevie Ray didn't reach, though, and left the ring apron. Booker had no choice to submit after being betrayed by his brother. (16:25) (84)

Final rating: 85

Saturday, Week 4, December 1995 (Taped Thursday)

Announcers: Jim Crockett Jr, Mike Tenay, & Raven

Amarillo Civic Center, Texas

Preshow:

Regal def. Jushin Liger (61)

Main show:

Tenay, Crockett, & Raven open the show (33)

Raven interviews Alex Wright. (65)

Los Guerreros (Eddy & Chavo Jr) def. Wright Power (8:28) (48), Chavo debuts

Raven interviews Eddy Guerrero (48).

Malenko & Mero cut a promo on Buck & Slater, their opponents in tonight's main event. (60)

Stevie Ray is shown backstage laying a beating on Too Cold Scorpio. (48)

VK Wallstreet def. Rey Misterio Jr (6:52) (63)

Raven interviews Misterio. (47)

Booker T & Stevie Ray argue backstage. It appears Harlem Heat is done! (74)

The Steiners def. Eaton & Benoit in 12:20 (72).

Booker T & Too Cold Scorpio def. Cactus & Disco Inferno in 8:56 (64).

Booker & Scorpio decide to form a tag team. It appears Harlem Heat lives? (57)

Mero & Malenko def. Buck & Slater in 9:32 via submission. (69)

Austin & Jericho run in to ambush Mero & Malenko, but DDP & Savage come in before any damage is done. The Horsemen run, and WCW stands tall to end the show. (74)

Final rating: 62

http://www.pwtorch.com/PWTorchGraphics/PWTorchLogo2010greygreySLOGAN250.jpg

• Nitro vs Raw this week: 5.36 and 4.34. One whole point difference for WCW!
  • WWF's Raw taping was an improvement from last week. Sid vs Yokozuna (56) dragged the card down to a 74, despite a great main event of Undertaker vs Diesel (82).
  • Thunder scored a 4.81 on TNT this week, the highest since its debut.
  • Title changes: Blue Demon & Canek have defeated Casas & Santo for the CMLL World Tag Team titles. Del Ray & Prichard have dropped the Smoky Mountain tag straps to The Backroom Boyz, and Kid Flash has captured the ECWA Mid Atlantic Championship from Steve Corino. Thompson & Modest have captured the previously vacant All-Pro Wrestling tag team titles.
  • Japanese promotion Pro Wrestling Fujiwara Gumi has closed its doors.

InternationalObjects.com Wrestling Almanac 1995

News:

• To celebrate the new year upon the pro wrestling world, THREE new promotions have opened their doors:
  • World Xtreme Wrestling - A small, traditional promotion founded by Mike Rapada, located in the Mid Atlantic region.
  • Battlarts - A shoot-wrestling promotion in the Kanto region of Japan. It was founded by Takashi Okamura.
  • Grupo Internacional Revolucion - (International Wrestling Revolution Group) IWRG for short, this promotion is located in West Central Mexico and was formed by Dr X. It is of the Lucha Libre variety.
  • Kristina Laum, a recent WCW Power Plant graduate, has signed a 1-year deal with WCW. Laum is a 19 year old Korean female, and a former stripper, sure to bring class to the Turner Broadcasting company.

End of the year awards:

• Wrestler of the Year - Mitsuharu Misawa
  • Young Wrestler of the Year - Hiroyoshi Tenzan
  • Veteran Wrestler of the Year - Ric Flair
  • Female Wrestler of the Year - Aja Kong
  • Match of the year: Ric Flair vs Chris Jericho, WCW Saturday Night, November
  • Show of the year: WCW Monday Nitro, December

The Power 100:

<table frame="VOID" rules="NONE" border="0" cellspacing="0" cols="2"> <colgroup><col width="122"><col width="86"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17" width="122">Wrestler</td> <td align="RIGHT" width="86">1995</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Mitsuharu Misawa</td> <td align="RIGHT">1</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Akira Taue</td> <td align="RIGHT">2</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Kenta Kobashi</td> <td align="RIGHT">3</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Toshiaki Kawada</td> <td align="RIGHT">4</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Ric Flair</td> <td align="RIGHT">5</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Chris Jericho</td> <td align="RIGHT">6</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Vader</td> <td align="RIGHT">7</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Arn Anderson</td> <td align="RIGHT">8</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Shinya Hashimoto</td> <td align="RIGHT">9</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Keiji Mutoh</td> <td align="RIGHT">10</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Masahiro Chono</td> <td align="RIGHT">11</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Mark Calaway</td> <td align="RIGHT">12</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Naoki Sano</td> <td align="RIGHT">13</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Sting</td> <td align="RIGHT">14</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Randy Savage</td> <td align="RIGHT">15</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Stan Hansen</td> <td align="RIGHT">16</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">El Samurai</td> <td align="RIGHT">17</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">El Hijo Del Santo</td> <td align="RIGHT">18</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Jushin Liger</td> <td align="RIGHT">19</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Riki Chosu</td> <td align="RIGHT">20</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Hiroyoshi Tenzan</td> <td align="RIGHT">21</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Kevin Nash</td> <td align="RIGHT">22</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Dr Wagner Jr</td> <td align="RIGHT">23</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Hulk Hogan</td> <td align="RIGHT">24</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Shinjiro Otani</td> <td align="RIGHT">25</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Lex Luger</td> <td align="RIGHT">26</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Hiroshi Hase</td> <td align="RIGHT">27</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Terry Funk</td> <td align="RIGHT">28</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Negro Casas</td> <td align="RIGHT">29</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Canek</td> <td align="RIGHT">30</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Yazuo Yamazaki</td> <td align="RIGHT">31</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Scott Steiner</td> <td align="RIGHT">32</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Ray Traylor</td> <td align="RIGHT">33</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Hector Garza</td> <td align="RIGHT">34</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Blue Demon Jr</td> <td align="RIGHT">35</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Tonga</td> <td align="RIGHT">36</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Vampiro</td> <td align="RIGHT">37</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Silver King</td> <td align="RIGHT">38</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Dean Malenko</td> <td align="RIGHT">39</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Stevie Ray</td> <td align="RIGHT">40</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Jerry Lawler</td> <td align="RIGHT">41</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Rayo De Jalisco Jr</td> <td align="RIGHT">42</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Booker T</td> <td align="RIGHT">43</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Steven Regal</td> <td align="RIGHT">44</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Steve Williams</td> <td align="RIGHT">45</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Konnan</td> <td align="RIGHT">46</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Dos Caras</td> <td align="RIGHT">47</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Octagon</td> <td align="RIGHT">48</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Marc Mero</td> <td align="RIGHT">49</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Junji Hirata</td> <td align="RIGHT">50</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Villano III</td> <td align="RIGHT">51</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Perro Aguayo</td> <td align="RIGHT">52</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Jun Akiyama</td> <td align="RIGHT">53</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Cien Caras</td> <td align="RIGHT">54</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Paul Wight</td> <td align="RIGHT">55</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Jerry Estrada</td> <td align="RIGHT">56</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Mascara Sagrada</td> <td align="RIGHT">57</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Mascara Ano 2000</td> <td align="RIGHT">58</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Lizmark</td> <td align="RIGHT">59</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Atlantis</td> <td align="RIGHT">60</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Diamond Dallas Page</td> <td align="RIGHT">61</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Chris Benoit</td> <td align="RIGHT">62</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Scott Norton</td> <td align="RIGHT">63</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Vilano IV</td> <td align="RIGHT">64</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Emilio Charles Jr</td> <td align="RIGHT">65</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Eddie Guerrero</td> <td align="RIGHT">66</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Mick Foley</td> <td align="RIGHT">67</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Mitsuhiro Matsunaga</td> <td align="RIGHT">68</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Jeff Jarrett</td> <td align="RIGHT">69</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Rick Steiner</td> <td align="RIGHT">70</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Rey Misterio Jr</td> <td align="RIGHT">71</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Bestia Salvaje</td> <td align="RIGHT">72</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Aja Kong</td> <td align="RIGHT">73</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Jaguar Yokota</td> <td align="RIGHT">74</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Blue Panther</td> <td align="RIGHT">75</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Alex Wright</td> <td align="RIGHT">76</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Steve Austin</td> <td align="RIGHT">77</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Osamu Kido</td> <td align="RIGHT">78</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Hayabusa</td> <td align="RIGHT">79</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Bobby Eaton</td> <td align="RIGHT">80</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Marcus Alexander Bagwell</td> <td align="RIGHT">81</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Mike Rotundo</td> <td align="RIGHT">82</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Dick Slater</td> <td align="RIGHT">83</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Jimmy Golden</td> <td align="RIGHT">84</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Billy Jack Haynes</td> <td align="RIGHT">85</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">El Dandy</td> <td align="RIGHT">86</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Mayumi Ozaki</td> <td align="RIGHT">87</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Juventud Guerrera</td> <td align="RIGHT">88</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Fuerza Guerrera</td> <td align="RIGHT">89</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Misterioso</td> <td align="RIGHT">90</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Scotty Riggs</td> <td align="RIGHT">91</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Manami Toyota</td> <td align="RIGHT">92</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Arkangel de la Muerte</td> <td align="RIGHT">93</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Lioness Asuka</td> <td align="RIGHT">94</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Apolo Dantes</td> <td align="RIGHT">95</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Sangre Chicana</td> <td align="RIGHT">96</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Santanico</td> <td align="RIGHT">97</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Vilano V</td> <td align="RIGHT">98</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Brazo de Plata</td> <td align="RIGHT">99</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" height="17">Super Muneco</td> <td align="RIGHT">100</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Nice top 100 should of highlighted the wcw guys in the list.

I'll highlight the numbers, in case some leave the company when I do next year's. I'd like to have the 1995 list included so I can sort it by next year's numbers, so you can see how someone increased, decreased, debuted or fell off of the list.

(If this actually keeps going that long!!) :)

Archived