Monday Night Mayhem: WCW On the Rise (Sep 1995 Mod)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/nitro.jpg

Monday, Week 1, January 1996

Host: Gene Okerlund

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff, & Dusty Rhodes

Ocean Center, Daytona Florida (10,000)

Preshow:

Too Cold Scorpio def. Kurasawa (49)

Dean Malenko def. Cactus Jack (70)

Main show:

The Announcers open the show.

Schiavone: Fans, welcome to the biggest night in the history of professional wrestling!

Bischoff: Welcome to the most-watched wrestling show on TV, and as far as we're concerned, the ONLY wrestling show on TV! If you want to see a sideshow freak, wearing gold from head to toe, main eventing Raw is Bore this week, by all means, change the channel.

Rhodes: .........

Bischoff: Oh, sorry, Dusty. But you have to admit, this is where the big boys play, and Dustin, if you want to stop living in a cartoon, there's a job right here waiting for you at World Championship Wrestling.

Schiavone: Fans, I think what Eric Bischoff is trying to tell you is don't change that channel, because we've got all of the stars and all of the action. We've got the Tag Team titles on defense tonight, and speaking of Tag Team Champions, we've got a former one in the ring right now, waiting to explain his actions to the world. This ought to be good, so let's get over there now. (95)

Stevie Ray: Booker, you're my brother, and family's always come first. Family don't pay the bills though, sucka! If not for you, I'd still be a champion in WCW. I threw our last title shot for a good reason. There's no point in winning it again when Booker T's your partner, because it's only a matter of time before you lose it. So Harlem Heat is dead, and I took out an insurance policy.

There's a brief pause, and a familiar entrance music plays.

Ron Simmons emerges from the entrance, followed by Teddy Long.

Schiavone: Oh my god, that's former WCW World Champion Ron Simmons! We haven't seen him in about four years! And that's Teddy Long, reunited with Simmons!

Bischoff: They're no strangers to tag team warfare, Tony. I think I know what's going on here... DOOM LIVES! (64)

New Doom def. Los Guerreros in 8:32. (64)

Booker & Scorpio come to the ring after commercial for a match of their own. They make a challenge for Souled Out: New Doom vs New Harlem Heat. (55)

New Harlem Heat def. Blue Bloods (Benoit & Eaton) in 7:42. (69)

Okerlund interviews Heenan. (97)

DDP def. Chris Jericho after Austin accidentally hit Jericho. Austin was interfering, and obviously aiming for DDP when a miscue occurred. (13:03) (81)

Lex Luger is in the ring. He calls out Sting, and gets no answer. Luger shakes his head in disappointment and questions Sting's loyalty for not having Hogan's back. (81)

WCW World Tag Team Titles

The Blue Bloods def. the Steiner Brothers by disqualification due to interference. Road Warrior Hawk appears to be back into the tag team title running, with Road Warrior Animal back in the company. That's not all: Paul Ellering is in their corner. (12:15) (72)

The Road Warriors challenge the Blue Bloods to a title match at Souled Out. (67)

The Steiners are angry that the Road Warriors cost them their opportunity, and a brawl breaks out. It's a three-way war with the prize being the tag belts, and it doesn't look like tonight was the end of it. (68)

Jim Crockett comes out to make a few announcements.

-The Blue Bloods will defend in a triangle tag team match at Souled Out.

-Tonight's main event will be Arn & Flair vs Malenko & Savage. (95)

Main event: Flair & Arn vs Malenko & Savage

It's the first Nitro of 1996, yet we may have seen 1996's Match of the Year right here. Arn used the ropes for leverage to pin Malenko, but the 'good guys' had a strong showing here. Despite being a cruiserweight, the TV champion showed himself to be an equal to the top dogs in WCW. 15:46 (100)

As if cheating to win wasn't enough, the Horsemen were quick to ambush Savage & Malenko. Surprisingly, Austin & Jericho didn't come out, but DDP & Mero did, and the Horsemen fleed, because for once they didn't have the man advantage. (84)

Final rating: 84..disappointing considering I booked my first A* match here, but I'll take it.

Great job with the Main Event. Good show, and I loved the Power 100 seeing all the WCW guys on their, especially Scott Norton. He's a favorite of mine because he attended a party at my parents' apartment before I was born. It just hit me. =D

Great job with the Main Event. Good show, and I loved the Power 100 seeing all the WCW guys on their, especially Scott Norton. He's a favorite of mine because he attended a party at my parents' apartment before I was born. It just hit me. =D

Thanks!

Yeah, Scott Norton legitimately scared me when I was a kid. He wasn't used that often yet whenever he was, he was booked to be a brick wall, and I believed it.

I tried to give him a push (Hogan-Norton was the 'throwaway title match' at WW3) but the crowd shat on him. It'd be a nice challenge to try to turn him into a star, but it'd kill my ratings, lol.

I've got some good ideas in the works though... at least I think they're good.

Some I might be abandoning... but, it happens. I'm wasting a lot of money but still profiting really well so it's fine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/thunder.jpg

Thursday, Week 1, January 1996 (Taped Tuesday)

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan, Larry Zbyszko

Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis Tennessee (10,000)

Preshow:

New Harlem Heat def. Barrio Brothers (56)

Rey Misterio Jr def. Disco Inferno (66)

Main show:

The Announcers open the show. (96)

Flair is in the ring with Gene Okerlund doing an interview. He puts over Austin & Jericho as the future of the Four Horsemen. (80)

New Doom comes out for a match, and Teddy Long grabs Gene Okerlund for a quick interview, hyping his team. (66)

New Doom def. The American Males in 8:34 (76).

Okerlund is backstage for another interview, this time with the New Harlem Heat. Sherri puts them over and takes jabs at Stevie Ray. (59)

Okerlund catches another tag team backstage, The Legion of Doom. Ellering comments on WCW's tag division, and the Road Warriors still leading the charge. (80)

DDP & Luger def. Buck & Slater in 11:59 (72).

Okerlund's earning his money tonight, as he does one more interview. The locker room is swarming with wrestlers with gripes they want to voice. Bobby Heenan puts over the Horsemen and guarantees a main event victory tonight. (94)

Savage, Malenko, & the Road Warriors def. The Blue Bloods & The Horsemen in 18:25 when the TV champ put Tag Champ Steven Regal in the Texas Cloverleaf. Malenko avenges the loss suffered on Nitro, but the Horsemen don't seem to care, not offering much support to their one-night alliance with the Blue Bloods. (86)

Final rating: 84

http://www.f4wonline.com/templates/f4w2007/images/logo2.gif

Wrestling Observer/Figure Four

• Nitro vs Raw this week: 5.46 and 4.88. Ace in the hole indeed!
  • NWA Mid Atlantic held their first show the other night in front of ten people. Scoring a show rating of 70, here's the card for Mid Atlantic's first show at Caesar Rodney High School:
    • Santo Christo def. Chris Kanyon for the NWA-MA Arena Championship (20)
    • RVD & Stevie Richards def. Damon Stryker & Psicosis for the NWA-MA National Tag Team Championship (32)
    • Lance Storm def. Dwayne Johnson (44)
    • The Giant def. The Taskmaster (62)
    • Meng def. Hulk Hogan (75)
      • Whoever would have thought Hogan would job in front of ten people? I suppose no one saw it, so it didn't count...right?

[*]Mark Starr (who?) has left WCW due to contract expiry.

[*]Gladiator is the new FMW Brass Knuckles champion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/SaturdayNight.jpg

Saturday, Week 1, January 1996 (Taped Thursday)

Announcers: Jim Crockett Jr, Mike Tenay, & Raven

Hammerstein Ballroom (2,000)

Preshow:

Dean Malenko def. Berlin in a squash match (54)

Marc Mero def. One Man Gang in a short match (56)

Main show:

Tenay, Crockett, & Raven open the show. Raven heads to the ring for what he calls a warm-up match.(52)

Rey Jr def. Raven in 7:29 (76).

Raven goes back to the announce booth.

Crockett: Warm-up match, hmm?

Raven: Shut up and talk, Crockett. (52)

New Doom def. Nasty Boys (8:32) (64).

Raven interviews Chris Jericho on his match against Jushin Liger. (85)

VK Wallstreet def. Chavo Guerrero Jr in 6:30. (51)

Raven interviews Marc Mero. (61)

5 on 5: The Blue Bloods & Cactus Jack def. The Steiners, Road Warriors, & Lex Luger. Regal got the submission win on Scott Steiner while Rick Steiner argued with the Road Warriors. (11:36) (73)

Raven interviewed Steve Austin on his main event match. (76)

Jericho def. Jushin Liger with the Liontamer in 7:18. (73)

Paul Ellering cut a promo on The Steiners costing them the match earlier in the night. (54)

Anderson & Austin def. New Harlem Heat in 15:51. Steve Austin pins scorpio after his cutter finisher, which Raven quipped as a 'Stunner' of a move by a 'formerly Stunning' Steve Austin. (73)

The two Horsemen celebrate their win. (88)

Final rating: 66

http://www.pwtorch.com/PWTorchGraphics/PWTorchLogo2010greygreySLOGAN250.jpg

• RIP Smoky Mountain Wrestling. WCW has pillaged the struggling promotion, claiming a few talents from the roster as their own, and have closed the promotion's doors, effective immediately. Among names acquired are SMW owner Jim Cornette, which should make for an interesting lockerroom environment, given Cornette's heat with Bischoff and other WCW names.
  • Coincidentally, Eric Bischoff has asked for his release the following day. With Flair, Austin, and Cornette now infiltrating the WCW lockerroom, Bischoff is 'abandoning ship.' WCW has granted Eric his release, and wishes him all the best in his future endeavors.
  • Sgt Craig Pittman's WCW contract has expired.
  • WCW has called up all wrestlers under developmental contracts currently training at PWA. It is assumed that WCW may be cutting off ties to PWA as their child company, as they have since started their own child company, NWA Mid Atlantic.
  • Japanese wrestling legend Antonio Inoki has announced his retirement from in-ring competition.
  • WCW Saturday Night did a 0.36 rating this week.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/nitro.jpg

Monday, Week 2, January 1996

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Jim Cornette, & Dusty Rhodes

Mid-South Coliseum (10,000)

Preshow:

Brad Armstrong (debut) def. Fidel Sierra (51)

Chris Benoit def. Chavo Guerrero Jr (56)

Main show:

Schiavone, Dusty Rhodes, Jim Cornette open the show.

Schiavone: Fans, welcome to WCW Monday Nitro, where the big boys play!

Cornette: And if you can't handle that, you might as well take your ball and go home!

Shiavone: You'll notice a familiar face sitting here with me tonight. Jim Cornette has just signed with World Championship Wrestling!

Cornette: Yep, I'd like to thank Jim Crockett for offering me a nice settlement to close my company, and I'd like to thank Eric Bischoff for leaving WCW like the baby he is. I guess with Flair and Austin being around, Jimmy C was the final straw in giving Bischoff one unbearable headache. Good riddance. I'm here to help Crockett bring tradition back to World Championship Wrestling. Some of it ain't gonna be pretty, but like my momma always said, It's for your own good.

Rhodes: Yeeeeeee I can't wait to see the good old days again.

Schiavone: Speaking of Mr Crockett, I'm receiving word that there is a breaking announcement concerning tonight's main event. Mr Crockett is standing by in his office with the news. (82)

Crockett: Thank you, Tony. It's come to my attention that there's a WCW employee who hasn't been earning his pay lately. He hasn't been on hand to defend World Championship Wrestling when forces like the Four Horsemen or the Dungeon of Doom prevented matches from going on without interference. He hasn't been showing up for appearances, and he has shot down all suggestions of bookings. So tonight, we have an ultimatum for that wrestler. He will be in active competition tonight, or he will be suspended for 90 days without pay. The wrestler I'm talking about is Sting, and he will be teaming with Lex Luger to take on the United States Champion Ric Flair and World Champion Arn Anderson in tonight's main event. Also, I would like to announce that WCW's latest addition, Mr Jim Cornette, will be acting as my assistant on decision-making around here. When I am not here, he is in charge. Thank you. I understand Jim has brought in some old friends from Smoky Mountain, so let's hear it from Jim himself. (88)

Cornette: Thank you again, Mr Crockett! Wouldn't call these guys friends of mine, as we've never seen eye to eye over the years. Never liked them, and never will. However, we've got common goals here: bringing back tradition. WCW's got a great tag team division going, but it could be better. You can't have a tag team division without the Rock n Roll Express; I'll give them credit where it's due. So allow me to reintroduce Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton. The Rock N Roll Express is here in WCW, and whatcha gonna do, brothers, when the entertainment dies, and pro wrestling is REBORN.

Okerlund: It looks like there's a new 'Mouth of the South' in town. (77)

Ron Simmons vs Booker T

This match ends in a double countout, as the two brawl outside and get carried away. (8:31) (73)

Stevie Ray comes out after the match.

Stevie: Little brother, let me tell you something. I threw that title match at Starrcade, if you didn't notice. I threw it because I'm tired of carrying your inexperienced ass around. It's time for you to be on your own, and learn how to be a champion without Big Brother in your corner.

Booker: Man, I don't need you. I'm faster, I'm smarter, and know for damn sure I'm better lookin than you. So if you want to hang with those 1991 rejects, that's cool with me. Too Cold might not be as big as you but he can fly, and you don't got a chance against that, SUCKA!

Stevie: At Souled Out I guess we'll have to find out if that's true or not.

Booker: You damn right, Sucka, you're on. (63)

Paul Ellering hypes the Road Warriors backstage with Gene Okerlund.

Ellering: Animal, you've got an easy night tonight, you're facing Cactus Jack, and that tub should be a walk in the park. Hawk, you're in a triple threat. Don't underestimate how difficult that might be, but it'll still be a walk in the park. At Souled Out, the real fun begins. The tag belts come home to the Legion of Doom. (59)

Road Warrior Animal vs Cactus Jack

Road Warrior Animal def. Cactus Jack in 8:04 by pinfall. (71)

Road Warrior Hawk vs Rick Steiner vs Lord Steven Regal

Regal wins, using the ropes, as usual. 10:55 (62)

The American Males come out to ask Jim Cornette for a title shot. Cornette responds, "Well that might conflict with your schedules at Chippendales. No. Who are you, anyway?" The American Males get red in the face, and storm back to the locker room. (68)

Austin & Jericho vs Mero & Malenko

Jericho wins this for the Horsemen. Heenan interfered and helped Jericho set up Mero for the Liontamer. (14:59) (80)

After hitting their opponents with their own belts, the two contenders posed with the titles. Looks like we've got two more title matches set for Souled Out. (71)

Flair & Arn def. Sting & Luger. Sting submitted to the figure four, and Luger looked pissed. Luger gave it his all, but you could tell that Sting 'wasn't all there' tonight and was just trying to keep his job. (17:07) (95)

Final rating: 82

1. Why is Hogan in development?

2. Who else did you pick up from SMW?

3. Keep going. This is really good. :)

Hogan is in development because he was written out with an injury angle. I wanted younger stars to feud with the Horsemen, as Hogan spent so much time feuding with the Horsemen & Dungeon of Doom in the past few years IRL. 'Past few years' assuming it's currently 1996, I mean.

I used a bit of creative liberties I suppose. He didn't object to me dropping him down there, because he's lacking in some places...flying skills I think. Not that he needs them. But I thought it'd be a good idea to jump-start that promotion. The Giant was called up prematurely in WCW, too, so I thought it'd be best to further develop him, so he was 'banished' with the rest of the Dungeon of Doom. Don't worry, Hogan will be back eventually. I wish there was a way to check his 'mood' though, because if he starts getting pissed about being in developmental, I'd rather send him on vacation, LOL.

Also, for now, I didn't really 'have anything' for Hogan, but it was worth the monthly cost to re-sign him rather than let WWF take him. But he'll be back.

I picked up the Armstrongs, Rock n Roll Express, and I picked up Stan Lane, Tom Pritchard, and Dennis Condrey, but I think one or two of them were free agents. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to utilize them though. It contradicts the whole 'youth movement' thing. I wish I remembered to grab the titles, too, though. I don't even have the option to buy them now!

I basically spent about 360,000 just so I could get Jim Cornette.. LOL. Can you tell I'm a fan?

Thanks a lot, I'm having fun with this. I have some ideas but I'm pretty unorganized... I know I have a lot of loose ends here and there but I do what I can. A lot of guys I'm simply not familiar with, too, so they end up jobbing or not used. (Kurasawa)

I'm considering ending the Thunder TV show temporarily, but I dunno.

Also thinking of starting a second diary with a different promotion or time period but not sure what. I was going to start one on the fictional NWA Mid Atlantic as if Crockett opened it in 1995, as an 0/0/0/0, but it's just too freakin' hard to play a promotion like that in the Mid-Atlantic region unless I turn off promotional battles, haha. And I dunno how people manage to do diaries for promotions like that, seems like it'd be boring or ridiculously tedious.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/thunder.jpg

Thursday, Week 2, January 1996 (Taped Tuesday)

Ocean Center@Daytona, Florida (10,000)

Preshow:

Too Cold Scorpio def. Disco Inferno (49)

Sister Sherri cuts a promo hyping New Harlem Heat. (57)

Main show:

Schiavone, Zbyszko, & Heenan open the show. Heenan gloats about the Horsemen's supremacy and how they'll have all of the titles after Souled Out. (96)

Gene Okerlund interviews Randy Savage on his match against Arn Anderson for the World Title at Souled Out. (91)

The Blue Bloods (Regal & Eaton) vs The Rock 'n' Roll Express

This nearly ended in a DQ, as The Steiners came down to jump Bobby Eaton. Seeing the tables turn, Regal thought quick and hooked the tights to score a sneaky pinfall victory on Ricky Morton. (12:21) (75)

Okerlund interviews Terry Funk & the Blue Bloods.

Okerlund: Do you approve of this nonsense?

Funk: Do you approve of the Steiners stickin' their nose where it doesn't belong? They tried to take our titles rather than challenging us directly. Okerlund, if you approve of that, that's fine, but we don't. We're the ones who break the rules around here. The Steiners are supposed to be role models? They disgust me, I wouldn't want MY kids around them.

Okerlund: Aren't your kids like 30 by now?

Regal: You shut your mouth, you ungrateful peasant. You ignorant American swine, you're standing next to a legend, don't speak with such disrespect.

Funk: Woah there, easy on the anti-American stuff. I'm a proud Texan, and I know we're going to disagree on some things, but we have a common goal of hanging onto these tag titles, so let's focus on that. (91)

Lex Luger calls out Sting. (75)

Sting reluctantly comes out and calls for a referee to get an impromptu match going.

Luger vs Sting

No contest. This was more of an angle than an actual match, as Sting refused to fight back. Eventually Flair ran in to attack Sting, and Sting didn't even fight back. Flair was caught off guard and confused, and stopped dead in his tracks. Luger tapped him on the shoulder and flexed when Flair turned around, and Flair did a heel beg, and slipped away from the area. Meanwhile, the referee counted out Luger & Sting and threw away this dud of a match. (9:54) (57)

Diamond Dallas Page vs Kurasawa

DDP wins in 6:28. (71)

Heenan cuts a promo with the Horsemen in tow.

Heenan: Folks, let us show you what the Horsemen are made of. I'm standing here with the United States champion, Ric Flair. DDP, you looked good in that match there against Kurasawa. Unfortunately for you, that's not really much to prepare you for Ric Flair. Also with me here is Chris Jericho, your NEXT Cruiserweight champion. Jericho, you've got a match up next, and I want you to do to one of those little punks exactly what you're planning to do to Marc Mero this Sunday. (92)

The Horsemen (Arn, Austin, & Jericho) vs Chavo Jr, Rey Jr, & Jushin Liger

This was an obvious squash to get last-minute heat on the Horsemen, and Jericho put Chavo in the Liontamer to win at 5:22. He wouldn't let go of the hold, and even Arn & Austin thought he should break it, as they tapped his shoulder to get him to release Guerrero. (75)

Final rating: 78

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/SaturdayNight.jpg</span><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">Saturday, Week 2, January 1996 (Taped Thursday)</span></span></strong></p><p>

<strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Host: Gene Okerlund</span></span></strong></p><p>

<strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">Announcers: Jim Crockett Jr, Mike Tenay, & Raven</span></span></strong></p><p>

RiverCentre@St Paul, Minnesota</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Preshow</strong>:</p><p>

Booker T def. Dick Slater</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Main show</strong>:</p><p>

<strong>Austin & Jericho</strong> def. The RnR Express (65)</p><p>

<strong>Too Cold Scorpio</strong> def. Raven (46)</p><p>

<strong>Regal & Funk</strong> def. Los Guerreros (69)</p><p>

<strong>Malenko</strong> def. Kurasawa (70)</p><p>

<strong>Page & Mero</strong> def. Orndorff & OMG (66)</p><p>

<strong>Arn Anderson</strong> def. Jim Duggan (74)</p><p>

<strong>Savage, Page, & Malenko save Duggan from a Horsemen beatdown</strong>.</p><p>

<strong>Final rating: 68</strong></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://www.pwtorch.com/PWTorchGraphics/PWTorchLogo2010greygreySLOGAN250.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p><ul><li>Nitro vs Raw: 5.22 and 5.01.<br /></li><li>Thunder rating this week: 4.11.<br /></li><li>Abdullah the Butcher has retired from wrestling at age 59.<br /></li><li>WCW Saturday Night's rating this week: 0.37.<br /></li><li>Antonio Inoki has been inducted into the Hall of Immortals.</li></ul><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/SOLDOUT.jpg</span><p>

Rupp Arena@Lexington, Kentucky</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW Tag Team Championship Triangle Match</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong>The Blue Bloods © vs The Steiner Brothers vs The Road Warriors</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW Cruiserweight Championship</strong></p><p>

'Madman' Marc Mero © vs Chris Jericho</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brother vs Brother Tag Team Grudge Match</strong></p><p>

Harlem Heat vs Doom</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW Television Championship</strong></p><p>

Dean Malenko © vs Steve Austin</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW United States Championship</strong></p><p>

Ric Flair © vs Diamond Dallas Page</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Friend vs Friend</strong></p><p>

Sting vs Lex Luger</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW World Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p>

Arn Anderson © vs Randy Savage</p><p> </p><p>

</p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>

Send your predictions in to the Torch today!</strong></span></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>WCW Tag Team Championship Triangle Match</p><p>

The Blue Bloods © vs <strong>The Steiner Brothers</strong> vs The Road Warriors</p><p> </p><p>

WCW Cruiserweight Championship</p><p>

'Madman' Marc Mero © vs <strong>Chris Jericho</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Brother vs Brother Tag Team Grudge Match</p><p>

Harlem Heat vs <strong>Doom</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WCW Television Championship</p><p>

Dean Malenko © vs <strong>Steve Austin</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WCW United States Championship</p><p>

<strong>Ric Flair ©</strong> vs Diamond Dallas Page</p><p> </p><p>

Friend vs Friend</p><p>

<strong>Sting</strong> vs Lex Luger</p><p> </p><p>

WCW World Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<strong>Arn Anderson ©</strong> vs Randy Savage</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

NIGHT OF THE HORSEMEN</p>

<p>WCW Tag Team Championship Triangle Match</p><p>

The Blue Bloods © vs <strong>The Steiner Brothers</strong> vs The Road Warriors</p><p> </p><p>

WCW Cruiserweight Championship</p><p>

'Madman' Marc Mero © vs <strong>Chris Jericho</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Brother vs Brother Tag Team Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>Harlem Heat</strong> vs Doom</p><p> </p><p>

WCW Television Championship</p><p>

Dean Malenko © vs <strong>Steve Austin</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WCW United States Championship</p><p>

<strong>Ric Flair ©</strong> vs Diamond Dallas Page</p><p> </p><p>

Friend vs Friend</p><p>

<strong>Sting</strong> vs Lex Luger</p><p> </p><p>

WCW World Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

<strong>Arn Anderson © </strong>vs Randy Savage</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/SOLDOUT.jpg</span><p>

<strong>Host: Gene Okerlund</strong></p><p><strong>

Announcers: Tony Shiavone, Jim Cornette, Dusty Rhodes</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong>Rupp Arena@Lexington, Kentucky (30,000)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Preshow: VK Wallstreet def. Rey Mysterio Jr</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Schiavone: </strong>Fans, we are SOLD OUT at the first ever Souled Out! Every title is on the line tonight but it's about much more than that.</p><p>

<strong>Cornette:</strong> That's right Tony, Jim Cornette here with Shiavone and Rhodes for my first WCW pay-per-view of my current run at this company, and I have to say, if the pay-per-views are anything like this, woah, we're in for a great year at World Championship Wrestling.</p><p>

<strong>Rhodes</strong>: There's more than titles on the line tonight, we mustn't forget that the battle lines have been drawn between WCW and the Four Horsemen, and we could very well see the Horsemen walk away with belts around each of their waists.</p><p>

<strong>Schiavone:</strong> Or, the belts may come home to WCW wrestlers.</p><p>

<strong>Cornette:</strong> The tag team belts will stay at 'home' tonight though since the Horsemen don't have a shot at them.</p><p>

<strong>Schiavone:</strong> Don't jinx it, Cornette. Speaking of the Horsemen, we've got Gene Okerlund standing by. Gene? (89)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Okerlund:</strong> Thank you, Tony.</p><p>

The crowd pops for Okerlund.</p><p>

<strong>Okerlund:</strong> I'm here with Bobby Heenan and the F-</p><p>

<strong>Anderson:</strong> Shut it, Okerlund. You speak when spoken to. These people don't need to be cheering for an announcer, they need to be cheering for the World Heavyweight Champion, 'the Enforcer,' Arn Anderson. They need to be cheering for the United States Champion,</p><p>

<strong>Flair:</strong> WOOOO!</p><p>

<strong>Anderson:</strong> 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair. They need to be cheering for the future of our business: The Stallions.</p><p>

<strong>Jericho</strong>: Thank you, Arn, that's quite the introduction, and there's no one more deserving of such an introduction than myself and 'Stunning' Steve Austin. And tomorrow on Monday Night Jericho, Geno, you'll be referring to me as the current Cruiserweight Champion after I beat Little Richard tonight.</p><p>

<strong>Austin:</strong> You'll be calling me the Television Champion, too. I've got a Stunner or two with Malenko's name on it. Man of a Thousand holds my ass.. EH EH! Steve Austin only needs two holds: The Stunner and the pin. Hook the leg, one-two-three, and the Horsemen have another title. The bottom line is this: we're bringing the gold home. Home is with the Horsemen and tradition, not with WCW. (93)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW Tag Team Championship Triangle Match</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong>The Blue Bloods © vs The Steiner Brothers vs The Road Warriors</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Schiavone:</strong> Fans, this ought to be a great matchup. The Blue Bloods will do anything to hang onto their belts, and the Steiners and Road Warriors are forces that'll be hard to stop.</p><p>

<strong>Cornette:</strong> You realize they've only wrestled each other once before?</p><p>

<strong>Rhodes:</strong> Starrcade 89, Daddy, and we're about to see it again, with a twist. This time it's a triangle match.</p><p> </p><p>

The Blue Bloods pick their spots throughout the match and mostly bait their opponents into fighting each other, rather than them. The two hard-hitting teams wore eachother out, leaving Funk & Regal able to get the eventual (and surprisingly clean) pinfall victory. 12:09 (76)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW Cruiserweight Championship</strong></p><p>

'Madman' Marc Mero © vs Chris Jericho</p><p> </p><p>

No interference on this one. It looks like the Horsemen are teaching the Stallions to earn their wins, to be prepared for times where you don't always have someone in your corner. Jericho came up short, and Mero gets the win after a Shooting Star Press in a great, lengthy match. 15:53 (81)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Lex Luger</strong> is shown backstage, bloodied and unconscious on the ground. Paramedics attend to him.</p><p>

<strong>Schiavone: </strong>Well, fans, we were expecting to see another Starrcade 89 rematch between Sting & Luger, coincidentally, but it appears Luger has been laid out backstage. We have no information on the attack, nor do we have any details on what will happen with the Sting vs Luger slot on the card later tonight, but we will keep you posted.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brother vs Brother Tag Team Grudge Match</strong></p><p>

Harlem Heat vs Doom</p><p> </p><p>

Booker and Stevie didn't seem to be too focused on the match. They were more focused on beating the hell out of each other, and eventually the referee gave up on trying to control them and just focused on Ron Simmons vs Scorpio. Simmons got the pin in what was basically a singles match combined with another singles street fight. 11:32 (72)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW Television Championship</strong></p><p>

Dean Malenko © vs Steve Austin</p><p> </p><p>

Again, no interference. Austin was a bit too c0cky in his interview and going into this match. He tried for the Stunner more than anything, but clearly needed more than that to set Malenko up. When you've got a 'thousand holds,' your chances of countering the Stunner are pretty damn good, and that's just what Malenko did, every time. Ultimately, Malenko retained the belt via submission with the Texas Cloverleaf in 11:43. (75)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Flair</strong> catches Austin backstage on his way out for his match.</p><p>

<strong>Flair:</strong> You can't win em all. But when you're a Horseman, you must win them all. Sooner or later, Malenko's going to slip up, and that TV title will be yours, Steve. You've got potential, kid, but you need to win. Don't be another Paul Roma. Don't let us regret bringing you in. I'll go show you how it's done; watch and learn.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW United States Championship</strong></p><p>

Ric Flair © vs Diamond Dallas Page</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd was on fire and fully behind Page tonight, and even Flair got a good ovation. Page dominated throughout a lot of the match, until Flair turned the tables with low blows and eye gouges. They don't call him the dirtiest player in the game for nothing! These cheap tactics made for a pretty even match, until Sting came down the aisle. After a casual stroll to the ring, Sting tripped up Flair as he was coming off the ropes from an Irish Whip. Diamond Cutter, 1-2-3, <strong>new United States Champion</strong>. 12:54 (77)</p><p> </p><p>

Flair is livid, but avoids confrontation with Sting, who is at 100%. Flair may fight dirty, but he's not stupid, and heads to the back. Sting stands in the ring while DDP celebrates in the crowd. (95)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Schiavone</strong>: Fans, I don't know what Sting's deal is, but I have received word that he will be wrestling tonight. Given his non-chalant attitude, I gather that he's not too happy about having to wrestle.</p><p>

<strong>Cornette:</strong> Almost like he wasn't planning on having a match tonight.</p><p>

<strong>Rhodes:</strong> But he was supposed to fight Luger.</p><p>

<strong>Schiavone:</strong> You think maybe Sting took out Luger?</p><p>

<strong>Cornette:</strong> It's looking like it right now, but who knows.</p><p> </p><p>

<em><strong>Friend vs Friend</strong></em></p><p><em>

Sting vs Lex Luger</em></p><p> </p><p>

Cancelled.</p><p> </p><p>

Sting vs ???</p><p> </p><p>

Cactus Jack comes out to face Sting, who is already in the ring, and looks bored. While it initially appeared that Sting was over-confident about having Cactus as his opponent, that wasn't the case. Actually, his nonchalant attitude continued as he took a beating from Cactus, and didn't even put up a fight, similar to his recent match with Luger. The only reactions Cacus got from Sting were defensive counters and rest holds. Cactus gets the upset win after a Double Arm DDT in 12:54. (77)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cornette:</strong> There's got to be more to this.</p><p>

<strong>Schiavone:</strong> I don't know what to say, fans. Sting is acting really strange tonight, and has been for the past few weeks. It's now time for our main event, however.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW World Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p>

Arn Anderson © vs Randy Savage</p><p> </p><p>

These two didn't seem to mesh too well. Fortunately, the match was still relatively well-received considering they're two of the biggest stars in wrestling today. There was no interference, but Arn did sneak the timekeeper's hammer into his trunks at some point through the match. Savage came off the top with an Elbow Drop, but in a split second of hesitation before attempting a pin, due to back pains from multiple spinebusters throughout the match, Arn struck Savage in the forehead with the hammer in his fist, and the referee didn't see it. Anderson rolls Savage over for the pin, and Savage kicks out. The two get to their feet, and Savage attempts a pin with a small package. 2-and-no! Anderson regains his composure, gouges the eye, and hits the DDT for the win. (15:41) (78)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Horsemen</strong> come to the ring and hoist the World Champion onto their shoulders, under a shower of empty cups and trash thrown into the ring by fans during a chorus of boos.</p><p>

<strong>Schiavone:</strong> You can't win them all, but when you're a Horsemen, all you REALLY need to worry about is winning the big one.</p><p>

<strong>Cornette:</strong> Haha! That's tradition for you. All eyes on the World Title, as they should be. (91)</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:left;"><p>Final rating: 83</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://www.internationalobjects.com" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/IO.jpg</span></a><p>

InternationalObjects.com pay-per-view report</p><p>

and weekend wrestling happenings</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:left;"><ul><li>WCW's Souled Out did a 3.60 buyrate on pay-per-view.<br /></li><li>Prediction results:<ul><li>TracyBrooksfan: 2 of 7 - 29%<br /></li><li>Kijar: 1 of 7 - 14%</li></ul><p></p><p>

[*]Total standings:</p><ul><li>Kijar: 8 for 17 - 47%<br /></li><li>Tracy BrooksFan - 14 for 31 - 45%<br /></li><li>Hashasheen - 6 for 14 - 43%<br /></li><li>Tripps04 - 1 for 6 - 17%</li></ul><p></p></li></ul></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p>

Monday, Week 3, January 1996

Veterans Memorial Auditorium (8,258)

Preshow:

Rock N Roll Express def. Disco Inferno & Raven (48)

Schiavone, Cornette, & Rhodes open the show. (89)

Okerlund & the Horsemen are in the ring.

They cut a quick promo: you can't win them all, but you have to win the one that matters most. (98)

Austin & Jericho complain and make excuses for their losses, and each want another shot. Mysterio & Guerrero come out to object and say it's someone else's turn. The two teams agree to a match later in the evening. (76)

Harlem Heat def. Blue Bloods (Benoit & Eaton) in a quick match. Booker pinned Benoit at 5:31 after a Harlem Hangover. (66)

Footage is shown from before Nitro went on the air: The American Males barge into Jim Cornette's office and demand a title shot, claiming that the Road Warriors and Steiners had their chances and blew it. Cornette, busy, agrees, just to get rid of the young tag team. The match is booked for Thunder. (63)

Okerlund: Well, there you have it, the American Males get a title shot. I'm here with the Legion of Doom, and how do you guys feel about 'not being able to get the job done?'

Ellering: We aren't through. We want a shot without any interference from the Steiners, because we still haven't gotten to face the Blue Bloods in a fair fight. We'll even face The Steiners first to get that shot, if we have to. We're that confident. But we deserve a fair fight. (43)

The Steiners def. Buck & Slater in a quick match. Scott Steiner pinned Buck after a Steinerizer in 4:38. (59)

Cactus Jack def. Cobra in 6:57 after a Double Arm DDT. (50)

Okerlund interviews former United States Champion Ric Flair. (82)

Terry Funk & Lord Steven Regal come to the ring for a staged celebration after a hard fought victory, having retained their tag titles.

Regal: Anywhere, any place, anyone. You bloody peasants don't stand a chance! (70)

Austin & Jericho def. Rey & Eddy in 11:31. Mysterio tapped to the Liontamer. (70)

Jim Crockett books Arn/Jericho vs Savage/DDP for Clash of the Champions. (81)

DDP & Randy Savage def. Doom in the main event. Doom had a strong showing, coming off a pay-per-view victory against Harlem Heat, and the 16:30 long match was an even one. The deciding factor was Booker T, though, as he ran in to attack his brother. Randy Savage gets the pin on Ron Simmons amidst the chaos. (83)

Speaking of chaos, the brothers' rivalry got a bit out of hand, as they brawled past the bell. DDP & Savage came to pull them apart, and Anderson & Flair came to join in on the mayhem. Soon Malenko came out to aid DDP & Savage. The seven men brawled in the ring, and the crowd errupted as Sting came bolting down the entrance path with a baseball bat in hand. Sting cleaned house on the Horsemen, Stevie Ray, and even Booker T. Much to the shock of the crowd, he cleared out DDP, Savage, & Malenko, too. The show ends with the somber look of Sting's painted face. So many questions, so few answers. (79)

Final rating: 80

Thursday, Week 3, January 1996 (Taped Tuesday)

Mid-South Coliseum

Preshow:

Los Guerreros def. Raven & Berlin (50)

Buck & Slater def. The Armstrongs (59)

Main show:

Schiavone, Zbyszko & Heenan open the show, and Heenan gets booed like crazy. The crowd pops a bit when Schiavone announces that Dean Malenko would be defending the WCW TV Title in the main event.(100)

Heenan stepped away from the announce table to join the Horsemen for an interview with Gene Okerlund.

Heenan: It goes to show that the Mid-South Coliseum isn't what it used to be. It used to be a house of tradition and class, and now it's just a trailer park. Trailers in the parking lot, and the inhabitants are gracing us with their presence here in the Coliseum.

Flair: Ha, ha, ha. WOOOOOO! The only limousine around this part of town tonight is that of the Horsemen. We travel in style, even in cesspools like this. We wouldn't want it to rub off on us. Haha. WOOOO!

Anderson: Crockett wanted us to wrestle tonight, and we said, "hell, no!" You people aren't worth our time, and I've already fulfilled my contractual obligations as a champion this month, and will so again at SuperBrawl, just because I can. So we're going to be sitting in the disgusting area backstage you call VIP, and drinking champagne on Ted Turner's dime. We've earned it. (99)

WCW World Tag Team Championship

The Blue Bloods def. The American Males in 13:10 to retain the titles. Regal got the submission victory over Riggs with the Regal Stretch. (74)

Lex Luger does an interview with Gene Okerlund, who asks him for his thoughts on Sting's actions.

Okerlund: Finally, someone I can interview who will allow me to speak to them. Lex Luger, what are your thoughts on Sting's odd behavior lately?

Luger: Oh no, you don't have to worry, Gene, say what you want. Sting... I don't know what to think. I hope he'll be back to explain his actions, but from what I've been told he's at home. He's my friend and I trust him, so whatever reason he's got for doing what he's done, I'm sure it's a good one. See you later, Gene, I've got a match.

Okerlund: Lex Luger, everyone. (80)

Luger def. Scott Norton in 11:14 with the Torture Rack. (71)

Savage and Poffo hit the ring, storming past Luger, and Savage grabs a mic. Like a man posessed, he calls out Sting and is hell-bent on getting even for the baseball bat attack. Shoot first, ask questions later! Unfortunately for Savage, Sting was a no-show. (80)

Main event:

WCW World Television Championship

Dean Malenko defeated Stevie Ray in 16:28 with the Texas Cloverleaf to retain the title. (75)

Final rating: 78

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/C0NTR4l34ND/Booking%201995%20WCW/SaturdayNight.jpg

Saturday, Week 3, January 1996 (Taped Thursday)

Announcers: Jim Crockett Jr, Mike Tenay, & Raven

Agora Theatre@Cleveland, Ohio

Preshow:

Eddy Guerrero def. Cobra (45)

Benoit def. Dave Sullivan (44)

Bagwell def. Kurasawa (59)

Main show:

Tenay: We've got a wrestling-heavy show tonight, so let's cut right to the chase and go to the ring.

Too Cold Scorpio def. VK Wallstreet (57)

Marc Mero def. Berlin (48)

Raven interviews Sister Sherri & Booker T. (59)

Rey Misterio Jr def. Paul Orndorff (57)

Sabu def. The Renegade (64)

Disco Inferno dances before his match. (44)

Unfortunately for Disco, the dancing stops as Dean Malenko's music starts.

Malenko destroys Disco with the Texas Cloverleaf in 3:02. (67)

Raven interviews Disco.

Raven: Why do you do that?

Disco: Do what?

Raven: Dance like you're the happiest stooge in the company, and not even care that you're obviously being used, set up, and not given a fair chance.

Disco: What do you mean?

Raven: You're brought out to face Dean Malenko, and there isn't a single person in this venue who thinks you have a chance at beating him. You're being set up. Don't you ever ask yourself, 'What about me?'

Disco: I guess so.

Raven: Don't you ever wonder, 'When will it be my shot?'

Disco: Sometimes.

Raven: You just faced the TV Champion. You're good enough to be his punching bag, but he can't even put the title on the line in a supposed 'gimme' of a match. So tell me, don't you ever wonder, 'What about me?'

Disco: Yeah! You're right, Raven. What about me? Malenko's got 1000 moves but disco dancing isn't one of them. I'm the star, and the title should have been on the line.

Raven: I wouldn't have put it that way, exactly, but you've gotten the gist of it. Now you're talking. (45)

Tenay: Well, so much for wrestling-heavy.

Crockett: Heh, heh.

Disco storms back to the locker room, and the Legion of Doom comes out for an interview.

Raven: What now?

Ellering: I just wanted to come out here to remind Jim Crockett that the Road Warriors are still waiting for an answer on our tag team titles match.

Raven: Wah, wah wah. Another group of fortunate ones wanting their 374th championship shot.

The Road Warriors look pissed.

Ellering: I'd be careful what you'd say around them.

Raven: I'd be careful what you'd say around me. We're watching you.

Ellering: Who?

Raven: The Uprising.

Raven drops the microphone and walks away. (51)

The Blue Bloods (Regal & Eaton) def. The Armstrongs. (58)

Chris Jericho def. Chavo Guerrero Jr (70)

Lex Luger def. Raven with ease with a Torture Rack. (68)

Raven shakes his head and heads for the announcers' booth.

Tenay: You're on a roll, raven.

Crockett chuckles.

Raven sits in his seat and puts on a headset.

Raven: I suppose this was your bright idea, Crockett?

Crockett: Well, I..

Raven: Well, nothing, Crockett. You put me in a losing situation, and there's never any opportunity. What about me? What about Raven?

Crockett: You had your chance to make a name for yourself against Luger.

Raven: Why Luger, though? I'm not ready for him. It's quite obvious we don't go to the same pharmacy--I mean gym--either. What about Raven? We're watching you, Crockett.

Tenay: Anyway... (33)

Main event:

Doom def. Rock n Roll Express when Simmons pinned Gibson after a Dominator. (64)

Booker jumps the barricade, from the crowd, to brawl with his brother to end the show. (72)

Final rating: 59

http://www.pwtorch.com/PWTorchGraphics/PWTorchLogo2010greygreySLOGAN250.jpg

• Nitro vs Raw this week: 5.34 and 4.93.
  • Tuesday's Raw taping featured a World title match, so it's possible WCW will follow suit, given that the belt is not on the line in the Clash of the Champions main event tag team match.
  • Lou Thesz has announced his retirement from the business at age 79.
  • NWA-MA is already having financial issues despite their shows ratings exceeding all expectations. They are still considered to be the equivalent to a backyard promotion, however, and still cannot afford to put on so many shows per month. World Championship Wrestling has perhaps unsurprisingly awarded the developmental company with a staggering one million dollar loan to stay in business.
  • Saturday Night drew a 0.35 rating this week on TBS. Thunder drew a 4.44.
  • IWRG's Campeones de Parejas title finaly was placed around the waist of two contenders recently, as Raton & Niebla have won the vacant tag titles.
  • Aja Kong has won the WWWA World Singles championship in AJW after defeating Dynamite Kansai.
  • NWA-Mid Atlantic update: Another great stop on the Urban Decay tour on Sunday Night. Tag Team champs Sweet and Sour (Rob Van Dam & Stevie Richards) defeated Wild and Wicked (Santo Christo & Psicosis) to retain the belts. (33) The main event of the night saw Hulk Hogan defeat John Layfield. (72) It is expected that it won't be long before NWA-Mid Atlantic expands to venues larger than Caesar Rodney High School.

Monday, Week 4, January 1996

Ocean Center@Daytona Beach, Florida (10,000)

Preshow:

Dick Slater def. Cobra (53)

Cactus Jack def. Ultimo Dragon (69)

Main show:

The announcers open the show.

Shiavone: Fans, welcome to Monday Nitro, the hottest show on television today. We've got a blockbuster show tonight, and without wasting any time, let's get right to Jim Crockett, who has a major announcement regarding what tonight's main event will be!! (91)

Crockett announces tonight's main event, a World Heavyweight Championship match between Arn Anderson and United States Champion Diamond Dallas Page!!! The decks are stacked against the Horsemen tonight, as the United States title is NOT on the line! (94)

Gene Okerlund is backstage with Raven.

Okerlund: Well hello there, what are you doing on Nitro?

Raven: What am I doing here? I'm here because I'm a WCW wrestler. But you probably didn't know that, since I've been permanently designated as a B-Show Flunkie.

Okerlund: Well, you've got me there. What are you doing THIS weekend?

Raven: Well I can tell you what I won't be doing. I won't be taking a fall for the more fortunate performers, the fortunate sons of World Championship Wrestling, in front of a bunch of snot nosed ungrateful kids in some two thousand seat dive venue. I'm giving myself the night off.

Okerlund: There's five times as many kids here, so you should probably take the night off tonight, too.

Raven: You'd like that, wouldn't you Okerlund. Who told you to say that, Turner? Crockett? Please. I'm here to keep a closer eye on all of you. I'm here because we're watching you. The uprising is beginning. (69)

Disco Inferno came out for a match against Chavo Guerrero Jr, but his entrance music was gone, and his attire was different. Raven followed close behind the former Disco Inferno, now apparently going as 'Blaze.' Blaze gets the pin with help from Raven after 4:38. (52)

Raven poses in the ring, and Blaze pledges his allegiance, despite an abundance of boos from the audience. The Uprising has begun. (44)

Austin & Jericho def. Harlem Heat. Austin pinned Scorpio after a Stunner at the 10:12 mark. (76)

Heenan gloats about the win in an interview with Gene Okerlund.

Heenan: THAT'S why we're on top. THAT'S why we're going to stay on top. They say Austin and Jericho are green, they're young, and they don't belong with veterans like Anderson, Flair, and myself. That's where you're wrong. Draft picks in the NFL are just as important as having today's top athletes, and the Four Horsemen are no different. We've got the Drew Bledsoe and the Brett Favre of professional wrestling right here. But we've also got the Terell Owens and Terry Glenn of wrestling, too. We're all Horsemen, but these two are Stallions, in their prime. (95)

Lord Steven Regal def. Rey Mysterio Jr with a Real Stretch in 10:42. (74)

Regal: Jokerlund, you miserable peasant, get over here and hold this microphone for me. Road Warriors and Steiners, I have a proposition for you both. Face eachother at the Clash of Champions, and Sir Terry and I would be more than happy to oblige to awarding the winner a shot at our prestigious championships. The same night. And you have our word that neither Terry or I will interfere with the match. (52)

Malenko & Savage def. Benoit & Eaton in 11:36. Malenko over Eaton, Texas Cloverleaf. (78)

MAIN EVENT:

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Arn Anderson vs Diamond Dallas Page

The crowd was on fire for this back and forth match-up, and we nearly saw Diamond Dallas Page hold both titles, a rarity in the sport. However, a Spinebuster on the outside guaranteed Anderson the victory via countout in 16:06! (99)

Page is furious, and a fight breaks out between him and Arn. There's no mutual respect or sportsmanship here. Jericho, Flair, Malenko, & Savage join the fray until officials split the two groups apart. (92)

DDP challenges Anderson to face him at SuperBrawl, vowing to put his own title on the line in order to get the match! (92)

Final rating: 88

Archived