I don't want to report this in a bug section if it's just a freak occurrence for me so I'm check with other people first.

I'm playing Modern Warriors right now and I'm getting a ton of missed weights. I get one a night at least and have three title fights messed up due to missed weight. I've checked the weight cutting stats and they are up around 90 or so. Doesn't make sense to me.

Is this something other people are struggling with?

Example: Last night I ran a card that had Silva v Okami on it for the title, both missed weight.

I know missed weights happen, but not this frequently.

I don't want to report this in a bug section if it's just a freak occurrence for me so I'm check with other people first.

I'm playing Modern Warriors right now and I'm getting a ton of missed weights. I get one a night at least and have three title fights messed up due to missed weight. I've checked the weight cutting stats and they are up around 90 or so. Doesn't make sense to me.

Is this something other people are struggling with?

Example: Last night I ran a card that had Silva v Okami on it for the title, both missed weight.

I know missed weights happen, but not this frequently.

The weight cutting stat isn't a measure of how likely they are to make weight, it's a measure of how much weight they can cut from their walking weight. If a fighter is set to 250lbs walking weight and you are trying to get them to 175lbs then there is no amount of weight cutting they can do to reach that, even with a 100 in the stat. There are limits on how much a fighter can lose (I don't know what they are, but I know they are there) so the only reason for people to miss weight is because of the way the stats are set up in the editor. If the walking weight is much higher than the target weight, then there is a slim to none chance of them making it.

TO highlight the point, an absurd example that highlights bad stats and weight cutting. :) A superheavyweight 300lber guy can't reach bantomweight, even if he's set to be able to in the data. That's just not possible, short of amputating limbs and other major surgeries. If you find it to be happening too much then you might want to look at lowering the walking weight by a few pounds, that way people should be able to hit their targets more in line with your expectations. :)

The weight cutting stat isn't a measure of how likely they are to make weight, it's a measure of how much weight they can cut from their walking weight. If a fighter is set to 250lbs walking weight and you are trying to get them to 175lbs then there is no amount of weight cutting they can do to reach that, even with a 100 in the stat. There are limits on how much a fighter can lose (I don't know what they are, but I know they are there) so the only reason for people to miss weight is because of the way the stats are set up in the editor. If the walking weight is much higher than the target weight, then there is a slim to none chance of them making it.

TO highlight the point, an absurd example that highlights bad stats and weight cutting. :) A superheavyweight 300lber guy can't reach bantomweight, even if he's set to be able to in the data. That's just not possible, short of amputating limbs and other major surgeries. If you find it to be happening too much then you might want to look at lowering the walking weight by a few pounds, that way people should be able to hit their targets more in line with your expectations. :)

Thanks Derek. So it's most likely a DB issue, not a game issue. When I get home to night I'll check that. It has ruined this playthrough for me as I've had three title defenses go for naught. :(

Archived