One of best classic wrestling inteviews

mike b

One thing I do not understand is when he talks about the Pirates winning the World Series. It seems like he was six years too late, because the clapboard at the start of the video says it was filmed in 1966. And the last time the Pirates were in the World Series was in 1960 when they beat the Yankees in the huge upset game via Bill Mazeroski's game seven home run.

Other than that weird bit, the interview was great!

Dick The Bruiser and The Crusher were the Roadwarriors of their generation, two big tough guys who dominated the tag ranks. They were sort of like SCSA and The Sandman too, with their cigars and reputation as guys who trained by going to the bar, slamming back a few, then starting a fight and slamming heads. Here's a late 60's match between them and a pair of jobbers.

Only semi-related, but I didn't want to make another thread for it,

some of the best commentary you will EVER hear.

One thing I do not understand is when he talks about the Pirates winning the World Series. It seems like he was six years too late, because the clapboard at the start of the video says it was filmed in 1966. And the last time the Pirates were in the World Series was in 1960 when they beat the Yankees in the huge upset game via Bill Mazeroski's game seven home run.

Other than that weird bit, the interview was great!

In 1966, the Pirates were in the running up to the end, 1.5 games behind the Dodgers entering the final weekend. Unfortunately, the Bucs proceeded to lose three straight to the Giants in Pittsburgh. A disappointing end to an otherwise magnificent season.

Archived