Coach Mau and his Career

[b]Week 14 vs Connecticut[/b] UConn needs a win here to get into a Bowl Game this year. They stand at 5-4 and the only thing that is standing in their way is a scrappy 3-7 Aztec team. A defenseless first half allowed for both offenses to shine. UConn has the lead 24-17 going into half time. We take our opening drive of the second half for a quick 7 points to tie it up at 24. No scoring oppurtunities were made until the Aztecs started at the 20 yard line and made their way to the Red Zone and settled for a field goal. 27-24 Aztecs with 5 1/2 to play. That proved to be enough as the defense came up with an interception late in the game to seal the victory! We shut out a good offense in the 2nd half! Wowza! Good way to end our season. We end the season at 4-7.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]GD Championship Series Rankings[/b] An interesting scenario as arisen. Texas faces off with Missouri in the Championship Game for the Big 12. They're #3 and #4 respectively. Would a win push them into the National Championship game VS Miami(if they win their game vs 7-4 Boston College)? Quite possible according to the polls. We'll see what happens!!! 1. Miami (11-0) 2. Pittsburgh (11-0) 3. Texas (10-1) 4. Virginia Tech (10-1) 5. Ohio State (10-1) Iowa got upset against in-state rival, Iowa State!

[b]Championship Week[/b] Texas Blows Mizzou out of the water 54-23. Miami wins easily. Strangely enough Texas lost ground on Pittsburgh who didn't play this week. So it will be a Miami-Pittsburgh matchup in the National Championship Game! [b]Recruit Watch[/b] QB Barker ends up with 3500 yards, 19 TDs, 16 INTs, and over 1000 yards rushing. LB Franklin, 66 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 picks. TE Brinker, 24 receptions, 338 yards, 5 TDs SS Harper, 66 tackles, 809 receiving yards WR Wade 40 rec, 775 yards, 7 TDs I'll be keeping my eyes on these guys once recruiting season comes around. It will be interesting to see if the guys I like most come to my school. I hope to get at least two of them.... Please! [b]Notable Bowl Games[/b] BYU (9-2)Vs California (7-4) in the Nevada Bowl - California pulls off the upset, 24-21! Utah (8-3) Vs San Jose State (7-4) in the California Bowl - SJSU also pulls off a big win, beating Utah easily 22-7. TCU (8-4) Vs Washington (6-5) - The Horned Frogs are the underdogs in this one, and the Huskies show why with a convincing 37-16 win. Miami (11-0) Vs Pittsburgh (11-0) ROSE BOWL - Miami 25 point favorites in this one. 62-26 final. Ouch. Miami whupppped 'em up! Poor Pittsburgh. At least they got that far! Texas took care of business against Virginia Tech, beating them 51-10. [b]Final Rankings[/b] 1. MIAMI! (12-0) 2. Texas (11-1) 3. Pittsburgh (They move down in MY poll to 10th! 11-1) 4. Notre Dame (11-1) 5. Mizzou (11-2. Big win against Georgia in the Dallas Bowl).

To the Off-Season We Go. Our final team stats we pretty dreadful. Bam Bradford ended up with 749 yards rushing. Ricky Davis, our leading receiver finished with 9 TDs! And Freshman, Eason White, ended up with 92 tackles on the year. Well on his way to a great SDSU career! [b]GRADES[/b] Team Performance: D Talent: F Recruiting: F Board Expectations: D Prestige: D OVERALL: F Well, considering none of it can really be blamed on me except the team performance, I'll shrug this off and expect not to be fired. [b]Job Offers[/b] I turned down the only job offer I received, which was from North Texas(4-7). I just didn't want to move into Texas, because I hate that state! So, I'm sticking with SDSU in California.

[b]Coach Signings[/b] I'm going to try and nab a better Offensive Coordinator and Special Teams Coach. We're going after 33 year old UNC Alum, Mike Bernet to replace our current bad OC. We've offered him $375,000. After two weeks, we're his top offer. I offered 46 year old Michigan Alum, Morris Bryson a $100,000 contract. He's considering our offer as well and it's his top.

[b]Coach Signings[/b] We signed both coaches, and I am pumped. While Bryson is barely an upgrade to what we had, OC Bernet brings a LOT to the table. He's an improvement in pretty much every category compared to what we had before! He's a great motivator, too! [b]Transfer Bidding: First Week of Three[/b] We probably won't nab any good players in this, but we'll give it a shot. DE Muhsin Collins(2/6, SO) and CB Victor Forde(2/7, SO) are both VERY INTERESTED in coming to San Diego State U. Both of these guys have good potential, and if they signed, I wouldn't have to worry about those two positions as much during the recruiting days. I offer both of them a scholarship and cross my fingers. DE Corey Moore(4/6) is a Freshman who would also be a good signing if we can nab him. He only has a High interest in coming here, but who knows! Let's give it a shot. I offer scholarships to a few random guys as well. [b]Transfer Biddings: Week Two of Three[/b] Both Collins and Forde are still very interested in coming here, so we haven't lost all hope. We've offered a scholarship to another Transfer who's very interested in SDSU. He's a ILB named Ron Leclair(2/7, SO). We're also on two players list, listed as Medium Interest. We've offered both them schollies, RB, Fred Phillips(4/8 FR), and QB, Kaipo Alston (5/8 FR). Both these guys would be DEADLY in the Mountain West Conference. [b]Transfer Biddings: Week Three of Three[/b] Kaipo Alston signed elsewhere, but a chance at FOUR players; THREE of them VERY interested. [b]Transfer Biddings: END[/b] We landed ZERO out of the FOUR we really went after. [b]Recruiting: Week One of Ten:VIEW ATTACHMENT FOR SCREENSHOT![/b] After reviewing the players that were 10/10 interested in us, we've decided to recruit the following players(*S* means scholarship offered): [b]QB Larry Papac[/b] (3/5) [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]6'4" Athlete WR Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]OT Jeff Wells[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]Athlete WR Brandon Stevens[/b] (3/5) [b]C Bob Moegle[/b] (2/5 *S*) Our worst position by far. I'll need to find at least one center. [i]Now I'm looking for the players I scouted during last season.[/i] [b]QB John Barker[/b](3/5 *S*) - He's interested in us, for sure. 7/10. We'll recruit him nice and hard and offer him a scholarship. [b]LB Danny Franklin[/b](3/5*S*) - 7/10 Interest - Not the biggest need for our team at the moment, but nonetheless we'll hit him hard. [b]TE Jonathan Brinker[/b](3/5 *S*) - 9/10 interest from this Tight End. This position is a must need as well, we'll do the same as Barker and Franklin, recruit hard, plus Scholarship. [b]SS Allen Harper[/b](3/5 *S*) - 9/10 interest. This is a big need - same as above. Hard hard hard. [b]WR Chad Wade[/b](3/5 *S*) - 9/10 interest. Not a great need, but with all the injuries I suffered last season, it's a good idea to have depth. After all that, we're left with $23,000 of our $52,500 allowed. Seven more scholarships to offer as well still. We'll go after 9/10 interested players, and also go after the more higher rated players at the moment. Once we get to the end of the recruiting stage, we'll go after lesser rated guys. [b]C Ty Williams[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]QB Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (3/5 *S*) This guy is very quick. He'd be a great guy to take over for McDaniel. [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]Athlete CB Bake Slaughter[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]TE John Currie[/b] (3/5) This guy is 6'7", 248, quite the monster. But he's a dumbarse, which is why I'm not going to offer him a scholarship at this point. 1.7 GPA doesn't cut it. [b]Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) 8/10 Interested Now. Not much left in the bank, $9000 with 2 scholarships to offer. [b]NONE[/b] 7/10 - I'm mainly looking for a good defensive tackle; another area which we need to improve on. But I'm not finding any rated 3 or better. [b]CB Sam Senser[/b] (4/5 *S*) The last name alone makes me want this guy. With that last name he's got to be a great DB! Surprisingly there is only one DT who is 8 interested or higher, that wants to come to SDSU. And I'm not going after him because he's rated a 1/5. 6/10 Interest is the lowest I'll go in the first week of recruiting. This is interesting, because now I've got two players that are rated 5/5. I'll just recruit them with no scholarship offers; but could you imagine! :) A 5 Star Running Back and OLB. Sadly, still no sight of a DT. I may have to go down another interest level. [b]RB Bill LeFavor[/b] (5/5) [b]OLB Larry Rideaux[/b](5/5) [b]DE Mike Stanley[/b] (3/5 *S*) Built like a DT at 6'5" 281 lbs. I may try him out at DT if at all possible. That concludes our recruiting week one! Wow. I thought I went through it pretty fast but it still took me over an hour. This is probably the only week I'll do tonight, sadly.

[b]Recruiting: Week Two of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Players I scouted during last season:[/b][/u] [b]QB John Barker[/b](3/5 *S*) - He's still very interested in us. He went from 7 to 9 in interest. Looks like we might have a winner here. Just imagine this: 4.38 40! Just got to get him to study a little more. [b]LB Danny Franklin[/b](3/5*S*) - He went up from 7 to 8 interest. Push push push. [b]TE Jonathan Brinker[/b](3/5 *S*) - 9 to 10. We'll keep pushing him hard. [b]SS Allen Harper[/b](3/5 *S*) - 9 to 10 in interest. This would be a nice addition. We'll keep at him. [b]WR Chad Wade[/b](3/5 ) - WITHDREW SCHOLARSHIP AND RECRUITING DUE TO LOSS OF INTEREST! Down to 3/10. [b][u]10/10 Interested Players[/b][/u] [b]QB Larry Papac[/b] (3/5) - Full on recruiting. No scholarship yet. [b]QB Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (3/5 *S*) - We'll keep going after him until a QB signs with us. [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]6'4" WR Athlete Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Sticking to him. [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]WR Athlete Brian Watkins[/b] (3/5) [b]Athlete WR Brandon Stevens[/b] (3/5) [b]OT Jeff Wells[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]C Ty Williams[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]C Bob Moegle[/b] (2/5 *S*) [b]ILB Zola Dean[/b] (3/5) - Recruiting him lightly. Looks like a good player. [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]FS Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]9/10 Interested[/u][/b] [b]Athlete CB Bake Slaughter[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]C Lou Riley[/b] (3/5) [U][b]8/10 Interested [/U][/b] [b]TE John Currie[/b] (3/5) [u][b]7/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]CB Sam Senser[/b] (4/5 *S*) - We'll keep at him for now. [b][u]6/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]RB Bill LeFavor[/b] (5/5 *S*) - Offered him a scholarship in hopes that he'll become more interested. This is a long shot signing, but worth a shot! [b]OLB Larry Rideaux[/b](5/5) [b]DE Mike Stanley[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]Player Visits[/b][/u] [b]QB Delhomme[/b] - Get to know Hankton. [b]WR Hankton[/b] - Get to know Delhomme. [b]C Ty Williams[/b] - You may block for Delhomme some day! [b]CB Jones[/b] [b]FS Griffith[/b]

[b]Recruiting: Week Two of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Players I scouted during last season:[/b][/u] [b]QB John Barker[/b](3/5 *S*) - Nobody else is actively pursuing him. Good for us. May sign soon! [b]LB Danny Franklin[/b](3/5*S*) - No change here. 8/8 [b]TE Jonathan Brinker[/b](3/5 *S*) - May sign soon(means nobody else is looking at him at the moment)! [b]SS Allen Harper[/b](3/5 *S*) - We're still on his top 10 list....But so is USC. [b][u]10/10 Interested Players[/b][/u] [b]QB Larry Papac[/b] (3/5) - No change. [b]QB Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Looks to be signing soon! No other teams are interested in him at the moment! Good, good. [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) - May sign soon! [b]6'4" WR Athlete Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) - May sign soon! [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) - May sign soon! [b]WR Athlete Brian Watkins[/b] (3/5) [b]Athlete WR Brandon Stevens[/b] (3/5) [b]TE Dicky Sikahema[/b] (3/5) [b]OT Jeff Wells[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Lost Cause.. Losing interest in us, withdrawing scholarship. [b]C Lou Riley[/b] (3/5) - Moved to 10/10 interest. [b]C Ty Williams[/b] (3/5 *S*) - No change. [b]C Bob Moegle[/b] (2/5 *S*) - No change. [b]ILB Zola Dean[/b] (3/5) - No change. [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) - No change. [b]CB Athlete Aaron Pelleur[/b] [b]FS Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) - No change. [b][u]9/10 Interested[/u][/b] [b]Athlete WR John Tomich[/b] (3/5) - Fast player with good hops. [b]Athlete CB Bake Slaughter[/b] (3/5 *S*) [U][b]8/10 Interested [/U][/b] [b]TE John Currie[/b] (3/5) [u][b]7/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]CB Sam Senser[/b] (4/5 *S*) - No change in Senser. We're still not on his top 10 list of schools. [b][u]6/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]RB Bill LeFavor[/b] (5/5) - SIGNED WITH USC [b]OLB Larry Rideaux[/b](5/5 *S*) - Outside chance. Offering LeFavor's scholarship to Larry now. [b]DE Mike Stanley[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Still an outside shot. [b][u]Player Visits[/b][/u] [b]CB Ward[/b] [b]TE Brinker[/b] [b]SS Harper[/b] [b]WR Heckard[/b] [b]QB Barker[/b] I kind of expect a signing or two this week, but won't be disappointed if there isn't one.

[b]Recruiting: Week Three of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Signings[/b][/u] NONE [b]NOTES:[/b] No big changes this week. A few players that were on the verge of signings started getting recruited again, so we're back to just hoping we're on the top of those guys' lists! Other than that, like I said, not a lot of changes. [b][u]Players I scouted during last season:[/b][/u] [b]QB John Barker[/b](3/5 *S*) - Nobody else is actively pursuing him. Good for us. May sign soon! [b]LB Danny Franklin[/b](3/5*S*) - No change here. 8/8 [b]TE Jonathan Brinker[/b](3/5 *S*) - May sign soon(means nobody else is looking at him at the moment)! [b]SS Allen Harper[/b](3/5 *S*) - We're still on his top 10 list....But so is USC. [b][u]10/10 Interested Players[/b][/u] [b]QB Larry Papac[/b] (3/5) - No change. [b]QB Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Other teams are showing interest again. [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) - " [b]6'4" WR Athlete Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) - " [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) - " [b]WR Athlete Brian Watkins[/b] (3/5) [b]Athlete WR Brandon Stevens[/b] (3/5) [b]TE Dicky Sikahema[/b] (3/5) [b]OT Jeff Wells[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Lost Cause.. Losing interest in us, withdrawing scholarship. [b]C Lou Riley[/b] (3/5) - Moved to 10/10 interest. [b]C Ty Williams[/b] (3/5 *S*) - No change. [b]C Bob Moegle[/b] (2/5 *S*) - No change. [b]ILB Zola Dean[/b] (3/5) - No change. [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) - No change. [b]CB Neil Folson[/b] (3/5) - Added this week. [b]CB Athlete Aaron Pelleur[/b] [b]FS Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) - No change. [b][u]9/10 Interested[/u][/b] [b]Athlete WR John Tomich[/b] (3/5) - Withdrawing due to lack of interest in our school. [b]Athlete CB Bake Slaughter[/b] (3/5 *S*) [U][b]8/10 Interested [/U][/b] [b]TE John Currie[/b] (3/5) - No change. [u][b]7/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]CB Sam Senser[/b] (4/5 *S*) - No change. [b][u]6/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]OLB Larry Rideaux[/b](5/5 *S*) - No change. [b]DE Mike Stanley[/b] (3/5 *S*) - No change. [b][u]Player Visits[/b][/u] WR Keating OLB Tatum CB Folsom QB Papac CB Slaughter

[b]Recruiting: Week Four of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Signings[/b][/u] TE Jonathon Brinker - My first ever recruit. Glad to have you on board, bud! NONE [b]NOTES:[/b] One signing. Everything else pretty much stayed the same this week. [b][u]Players I scouted during last season:[/b][/u] [b]QB John Barker[/b](3/5 *S*) - Being pursued by other teams now. 9/10 interest. [b]LB Danny Franklin[/b](3/5*S*) - No change here. 8/10 [b]TE Jonathan Brinker[/b](3/5 *S*) - SIIIIGNED! [b]SS Allen Harper[/b](3/5 *S*) - No change. 10/10 [b][u]10/10 Interested Players[/b][/u] [b]QB Larry Papac[/b] (3/5) [b]QB Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]6'4" WR Athlete Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]WR Athlete Brian Watkins[/b] (3/5) [b]Athlete WR Brandon Stevens[/b] (3/5) [b]C Lou Riley[/b] (3/5) [b]C Ty Williams[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]C Bob Moegle[/b] (2/5 *S*) [b]ILB Zola Dean[/b] (3/5) [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Neil Folsom[/b] (3/5) [b]CB Athlete Aaron Pelleur[/b] (3/5) [b]FS Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]9/10 Interested[/u][/b] [b]OG Horace Young[/b] (2/5) - Going to start recruiting the little guys now. [b]Athlete CB Bake Slaughter[/b] (3/5 *S*) [U][b]8/10 Interested [/U][/b] [b]TE John Currie[/b] (3/5) - No change. [b]OT Jeff Wells[/b] (3/5) [u][b]7/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]CB Sam Senser[/b] (4/5 *S*) - No change. [b][u]6/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]OLB Larry Rideaux[/b](5/5 *S*) - No change. [b]DE Mike Stanley[/b] (3/5 *S*) - No change. [b][u]Player Visits[/b][/u] C Moegle is the only one coming to visit that is on the recruiting list.

[b]Recruiting: Week Five of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Signings[/b][/u] NONE! [b]NOTES:[/b]We lost a few guys that we were recruiting. Namely Franklin, Barker and Slaughter. I would have liked all three of these guys, but I can't get 'em all. No change pretty much everywhere. It's all going to come down to which place appeals more to the recruits. The fight is on now! [b][u]Players I scouted during last season:[/b][/u] [b]QB John Barker[/b](3/5) - Signed with Fresno State. [b]LB Danny Franklin[/b](3/5) - Signed with Kansas. [b]SS Allen Harper[/b](3/5 *S*) - No change. 10/10 [b][u]10/10 Interested Players[/b][/u] [b]QB Larry Papac[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Offering scholarship to this fine young gentleman. [b]QB Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]6'4" WR Athlete Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]WR Athlete Brian Watkins[/b] (3/5) [b]Athlete WR Brandon Stevens[/b] (3/5) [b]C Lou Riley[/b] (3/5) [b]C Hines Gent[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Offered scholarship. [b]C Ty Williams[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]C Bob Moegle[/b] (2/5) - Removed Scholarship. [b]ILB Zola Dean[/b] (3/5) [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Neil Folsom[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Offered Scholarship. [b]CB Athlete Aaron Pelleur[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Offered Scholarship. [b]FS Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]9/10 Interested[/u][/b] [b]ILB Brian Burchfield[/b] (2/5) [b]Athlete CB Bake Slaughter[/b] (3/5) - Signed with Utah State. [U][b]8/10 Interested [/U][/b] [b]OG Horace Young[/b] (2/5) - Losing interest. [b]TE John Currie[/b] (3/5) [u][b]7/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]CB Sam Senser[/b] (4/5 *S*) [b][u]6/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]WR Chad Wade[/b] (3/5) - Makes his way back into our recruiting somehow! [b]OLB Larry Rideaux[/b](5/5 *S*) [b]DE Mike Stanley[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]Player Visits[/b][/u] LB Dean WR Stevens The others are not being recruited.

[b]Recruiting: Week Six of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Signings:[/b][/u] SS Allan Harper - This is a good signing for us. We needed a better blitzer and tackler. [b]NOTES:[/b] We signed on another recruit, but lost Senser, Currie, Papac, and Rideaux. We open up three more scholarships and will likely offer to those who have been recruited for a while and have high interest. [b][u]Players I scouted during last season:[/b][/u] [b]SS Allen Harper[/b](3/5 *S*) - SIGNED - I signed TWO players that I kept my eye on during the season. That's cool. 2/5. [b][u]10/10 Interested Players[/b][/u] [b]QB Larry Papac[/b] (3/5) - Signed with Utah State. [b]QB Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (3/5 *S*) - No one else pursuing, may sign soon! [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Same as Delhomme! [b]6'4" WR Athlete Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]Athlete WR Brandon Stevens[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Scholarship offered. [b]C Lou Riley[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Schollie offered. [b]C Hines Gent[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]C Ty Williams[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]C Bob Moegle[/b] (2/5) [b]ILB Zola Dean[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Schollie offered. [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Neil Folsom[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Jerry Harper[/b] (3/5) [b]CB Athlete Aaron Pelleur[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]FS John Levens[/b] (3/5) [b]FS Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]9/10 Interested[/u][/b] [b]WR Athlete Brian Watkins[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Offered a scholarship since he's losing interest. [b]ILB Brian Burchfield[/b] (2/5) [U][b]8/10 Interested [/U][/b] [b]OG Horace Young[/b] (2/5) - [b]TE John Currie[/b] (3/5) - Washington Signee. [u][b]7/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]CB Sam Senser[/b] (4/5) - Signed with Arizona State. [b][u]6/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]WR Chad Wade[/b] (3/5) [b]OLB Larry Rideaux[/b](5/5) - Oregon State Bound. [b]DE Mike Stanley[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]Player Visits[/b][/u] FS Levens CB Pelleur No one else of interest.

[b]Recruiting: Week Seven of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Signings:[/b][/u] C Ty Williams - I think Ty is the better of the two centers. C Lou Riley [b]NOTES:[/b] We got two centers this week and it's likely one of them will be starting and the other may be a backup, or redshirted. Depends. We lost six guys to other colleges this week. Two of them weren't really recruited that hard, as they're unlisted. It's really time to go after the lower rated players. Make or break week here. I think I'll lose over half my recruits this week, just a feeling. [b][u]10/10 Interested Players[/b][/u] [b]QB Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (3/5 *S*) - 6 other teams like him now. It's a roller coaster ride with this kid. [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]6'4" WR Athlete Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]WR Athlete Herbert Franks[/b] (3/5 *S* - New recruit, offered scholarship. [b]Athlete WR Brandon Stevens[/b] (3/5) - San Jose St. Signed. [b]C Lou Riley[/b] (3/5 *S*) - SIGNED [b]C Hines Gent[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Scholarship withdrawn due to two signings, sorry bud. No longer recruiting. [b]C Ty Williams[/b] (3/5 *S*) - SIGNED [b]C Bob Moegle[/b] (2/5) [b]ILB Zola Dean[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Neil Folsom[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Jerry Harper[/b] (3/5) - Gone to conference foe BYU. [b]CB Athlete Aaron Pelleur[/b] (3/5) - Going to New Mexico. [b]FS John Levens[/b] (3/5) [b]FS Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]9/10 Interested[/u][/b] [b]WR Athlete Brian Watkins[/b] (3/5) - Conference foe UNLV. [b]ILB Brian Burchfield[/b] (2/5) [U][b]8/10 Interested [/U][/b] [b]OG Horace Young[/b] (2/5) [u][b]7/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]WR Chad Wade[/b] (3/5) [b][u]6/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]DE Mike Stanley[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]Player Visits[/b][/u] Nobody of notice.

[b]Recruiting: Week Eight of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Signings:[/b][/u] TWO BIG SIGNINGS! QB Darnerian Delhomme!! ILB Zola Dean!! This will allow me to move to 3-4, not this season, but next. [b]NOTES:[/b] We lost six players again this week. Three noteworthy, Levens, Stanley, Folsom. [b][u]10/10 Interested Players[/b][/u] [b]QB Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (3/5) - SIIIGNNED! Yes. Domination with option coming soon! [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) - May sign soon. [b]6'4" WR Athlete Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) - May sign soon. [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]WR Athlete Herbert Franks[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]ILB Zola Dean[/b] (3/5) - SIGNED! [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Neil Folsom[/b] (3/5) - BYU, this guy is going to be good in our conference. [b]FS John Levens[/b] (3/5) - Fresno State. [b]FS Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]9/10 Interested[/u][/b] [b]WR Athlete Brian Watkins[/b] (3/5) - Conference foe UNLV. [b]ILB Brian Burchfield[/b] (2/5) [U][b]8/10 Interested [/U][/b] [b]OG Horace Young[/b] (2/5) [u][b]7/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b][u]6/10 Interested[/b][/u] [b]DE Mike Stanley[/b] (3/5) - Signed with Washington St. [b][u]Player Visits[/b][/u] NObody of interst.

[b]Recruiting: Week Nine of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Signings:[/b][/u] WR Garret Hankton - Good signing for us. [b]NOTES:[/b] Lost four players this week, nobody really of any importance though. [b][u]10/10 Interested Players[/b][/u] [b]6'6" WR Karon Keating[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Still may sign soon. [b]6'4" WR Athlete Wes Heckard[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Still may sign soon. [b]WR Garret Hankton[/b] (3/5 *S*) - Signed. [b]WR Athlete Herbert Franks[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]CB Mark Ward[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b]FS Carl Griffith[/b] (3/5 *S*) [b][u]Player Visits[/b][/u] Again, nobody of importance.

[b]Recruiting: Week Ten of Ten:[/b] [b][u]Final Signings:[/b][/u] CB Mark Ward - He is good. CB Justin Hakim WR KaRon Keating - Nice! WR Herbert Franks OLB Vincent Tatum - Woot! CB Sid Williams - Sheesh. Good stuff. WR John Tomich - Good one. FS Carl Griffith - Got my secondary set for 3 years. CB Keith Dingle [b]NOTES:[/b] I did pretty well in this recruiting season, I think. Let's see what the papers say about it though. Jonathan was my highest rated recruit this year, ranking at 446. Tomorrow I'll do the training. I have been at this all night, I can't do anymore. I wish I could though. Note: I didn't even notice until I glanced at my roster, but there is a player who got a great improvement! I'll let you know who, tomorrow!

[b]Quick Notes:[/b] OLB Eason White has ratings of 4/9 now. A one point improvement in the current and potential sides of things. With a little improvement during the training portion he could be a stud this year and the next two years after! I'm looking forward to see this kid play after a decent season last year(92 tackles. Junior RB Olszewski went from 2/6 player to a 2/9. He'll really need to train hard this year to become a legitimate starter. Currently Hubbert would start as he's still his average self at 4/4. If Olszewski improves in training, he'll definitely be getting the majority of the carries; I hope he does as Hubbert stunk in his few carries last year before he got hurt. We have no Quarterback who is ready to step it up this year and start. Pierce is now a 1/1 from last years 1/4. Redshirt Freshman, Clare is still a 1/4 from last year who may have a chance to start. Newly recruited QB Delhomme isn't quite ready either at 1/4. Delhomme has horrible work ethic so I may never even see him on the field despite his speed, which actually is a lot lower than I expected! Junior Noland Hall is actually faster than Delhomme and has a decent shot to start next year at 1/4 as well. He's a smart kid with good work ethic. [b]OT Gil Shaw[/b] took a hit in his potential and is now 2/6 from his 2/9 to start last season! [i]Freshman Recruits Info[/i] [b]TE Jonathon Brinker[/b] has the most potential of all incoming recruits, but is the least developed of them, sitting at 1/7. He'll likely be redshirted this year. [b]ILB Zola Dean[/b] is a good youngster at 2/6, he's got things to learn but can do so behind the likes of Eason White and Bryson. Pending a good training, Dean may start next season. His only competition at ILB is Michael Jordan, a player who's reached his potential already at 3/3. I'd really like to start Dean this year, but we'll see. The rest of the recruits have all landed in the potential of 5 out of the possible 10. Most of them are also 1/5 and a few are 2/5. The 2/5 include a few possible backup players like, CB's Sid Williams and Justin Hakim. There are six freshman with 1/5's. [b]TRAINING TIME COMING UP![/b] *sorry about the mess.. it's jumbled around. In the future I'll have it more organized...

[b][size=5]Season Two Depth Chart: OFFENSE[/b][/size] [b]QB[/b] - This is going to be an interesting battle all season for the starting job. We may need to do what Tennessee did with Claussen and Ainge. 1. [b]FR Darnerian Delhomme[/b] (2/4) 2. [b]JR Doug Clare [/b](3/3) [b]RB[/b] - Olszewski will be running for a majority of the time with Hubbert giving him a break now and then. 1. [b]JR Gerome Olszewski [/b](5/7) 2. [b]SR Tony Hubbert [/b](4/5) [b]FB[/b] - Banfield is actually a decent blocking full back. With a much improved offensive line, we're looking pretty good at a quick glance! 1. [b]SO Bill Banfield [/b](3/5) 2. [b]SO Webster VanEeghen [/b](1/3) Weird nAame. [b]WR[/b] - We're pretty deep here this season. I may or may not redshirt the freshman WR, Hankton(2/5), I have not decided yet. If I don't redshirt him, he'll be the #4 Wideout. Mr. Consistent for us last season will be our #1 Receiver. 1. [b][JR] Ricky Davis[/b] (5/6) 2. [b]JR Brandon may[/b] (3/6) 3. [b]JR Thad Matthews[/b] (3/6) 4. [b]SO Kenyatta Haynes[/b] (1/4) 5. [b]SO Ron Lewis [/b](1/3) [b]TE[/b] - I'm not going to redshirt Brinker this year, we're going to throw him into the mix right away. 1. [b]JR Kevin Roberts[/b] (3/5) 2. [b]FR Jonathan Brinker[/b] (2/6) [b]Offensive Live[/b] - I think our offensive line is really improved from last year's horrendous front five. [i]LT[/i] 1. [b]JR Gil Shaw[/b] (5/6) 2. [b]SR Dan Whitley[/b] (2/4) [i]LG[/i] - A little controversy here. Do I start the younger player with better potential or do I keep as is? 1. [b]JR Keith Garmon[/b] (5/5) 2. [b]SO Kordel Posey[/b] (4/6) [i]C[/i] - Riley is a JUCO recruit. Our other center recruit is another good player, Ty Williams(2/6). With Riley already there, I'm going to give Ty a redshirt year to focus on school. 1. [b]JR Lou Riley[/b] (4/6) 2. [b]SO Todd Isenbarger[/b] (1/2) [i]LG[/i] 1. [b]SO Carl Smith[/b] (5/7) 2. [b]SO Kordell Posey[/b] (4/6) [i]LT[/i] - Easily our weakest part of the line. But still not awful as Ingram has potential still. 1. [b]JR Garry Ingram[/b] (2/5) 2. [b]SR Dan Whitley[/b] (2/4)

[size=5][b]Season Two Depth Chart: DEFENSE[/b][/size] [b]LE[/b] 1. [b]SR Art Pritchett[/b] (3/6) - 6 sacks 2. [b]SO Preston Morgan[/b] (2/5) [b]DT[/b] - We're going to run a 3-4 this year. 1. [b]SR Audray Uwaezouke[/b] (4/4) - 8 sacks last season 2. [b]JR Doug Plum[/b] (1/3) - This is the reason we're going to 3-4 mainly. [b]RE[/b] 1. [b]JR Laveranues Perry[/b] (3/5) - 2 sacks, injured most of last season. 2. [b]SO Preston Morgan[/b] (2/5) [b]LOLB[/b] 1. [b]SO Eason White[/b] (5/9) 2. [b]FR Vincent Tatum[/b] (1/5) [b]MLB[/b] - Top Two are starting in 3-4 Defense. 1. [b]FR Zola Dean[/b] (2/6) 2. [b]SR Michael Jordan[/b] (2/4) 3. [b][FR] Dwight Justice[/b] (1/3) [b]ROLB[/b] 1. [b]SR Brian Byson[/b] (4/4) 2. [b]FR Vincent Tatum[/b] (1/5) [b]Defensive Backs[/b] - Top 2 are starting. 3 is Nickel DB. We've got some good depth here with a lot of young players who are still developing. In two years we'll be solid here. 1. [b]FR Mark Ward[/b] (3/5) 2. [b]FR Sid Williams[/b] (2/4) 3. [b][FR] Cedric Moore[/b] (2/4) 4. [b]JR Carl Harrison[/b] (2/2) [b]Free Safety[/b] - Redshirting FR Carl Griffith[/b] (2/6) 1. [b]JR Andy Nugent[/b] (3/4) 2. [b]JR Charles Taylor[/b] (2/5) [b]Strong Safety[/b][/b] 1. [b]FR Allen Harper[/b] (3/4) 2. [b]SO Roger Fuqua[/b] (1/5) [b]Punter and Kicker[/b] Kicker - [b]Les Bolden[/b] (4/6) Punter - [b]Karsten Parent[/b] (2/5)

[b]Preseason Talk[/b] After being ranked the 60th best recruiting class we're definitely on the rise. Last season we were ranked 105th best recruiting class. An obvious improvement. There will be a few freshman starters this year, including QB Delhomme and LB Zola Dean and CB Mark Ward. These three players will make big contributions to the team and will also have great futures here at San Diego State U. As a whole, I like how our team looks. We're easily better thatn last season's team which lost five or so games by 7 points or less. With this squad we should be able to make up those points and get into a bowl! A bowl-ed prediction! Other predictions: LB Eason White will be named All-Conference first team this year after being named Third Team Defense last season! WR Ricky Davis will also make first team to make it back to back seasons on First Team! Expectations by Athletic Director - Don't finish last and don't get blown out by Air Force. *I think I can handle that. We're going to stick with GridIron.com as our recruiting service again this year. It seems like they did a good job for us last year. Our budget for the year will be focusing our main needs for next season which are Defensive Lineman, Health, and Academics. I'm pretty much all set for the next season, just need to schedule a game or two and we're under way!!

[b]Scheduling Effort[/b] We're going to be playing the Cincinatti Bearcats for the next two seasons during Week 14. They're not the greatest team, but they're still ranked higher than us. During Week 3 of the next two seasons, we'll be taking on Central Florida, another team that is a little better than us, but not too overwhelmingly better. [b]REDSHIRTS[/b] JR QB Neil Hall (1/3) FR RB Dickie Reese (2/4) FR CB Keith Dingle (1/5) I would have liked to redshirt freshman Hankton(2/5) but we would be short on WR's. That means he'll be our #3 or 4 receiver this season. [b]Roster Breakdown[/b] 12 Seniors 22 Juniors 19 Sophomores 27 Freshman [b]Offensive and Defense Strats[/b] On offense, we're going to be going to Smash Mouth football this year compared to last years Option. On the defensive side we're doing 3-4 as mentioned in previous posts. It should be a good season for us. I'm very optimistic. [size=4][b]Season Schedule[/b][/size] 1 Connecticut 2 OPEN 3 at Central Florida 4 at Colorado State 5 OPEN 6 Texas Christian 7 Brigham Young 8 OPEN 9 at Utah 10 Nevada-Las Vegas 11 at Air Force 12 at Wyoming 13 at New Mexico 14 Cincinnati 15 OPEN

[size=5][b]WEEK ONE VS UCONN[/b][/size] It's opening day! We get the ball to start the game in our home stadium. This is Delhomme's first start as an Aztec, so it will be a very interesting day for the fans and the coaching staff. The first play of the game was just a run up the middle and Olszewski took it 12 yards before he was tackled. Off to a good start. But then the next three plays didn't amount to a first down and we were forced to punt. Our defense started out well forcing UConn to a 3 and out. It's a scoreless first quarter as our offense is doing much better than their offense, but we just keep coming up short. The most successful drive of ours ended on the 25 yard line as Delhomme threw his first interception of his career; likely not his last either. Our defense has held UConn to 18 yards, all on the ground. The QB's are 0-4 passing so far, so the defense has been STELLAR so far. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] From what looked to be an Eason White interception turned into a first down for UConn as CB Moore was called for defensive holding. White has been an animal so far this game, but I can't see the game log to say how many tackles. The defense still comes up big after the penalty and gives the ball back to the offense. Delhomme is making a good case to bench him as we near the end of the half, he's 4 of 11 with 37 yards and an interception. I'll keep sending him out there, but if he keeps this score at 0 we're going to make a change in the 2nd half. After another big defensive interception deep in our territory(15 yard line), Delhomme decides to start throwing the ball well, completing big plays for 20 yards, 23 yards, 8 yards and before we knew it, we were on the oppenents 28 yard line with 1st and 10 and 1:07 remaining in the half. Sadly, the next play was picked off on a broken route from the receiver, thus causing the pick. That should end the half barring a meltdown from a solid defense. 0-0 at the half. We'll need to keep running the ball and only let Delhomme throw the ball in 3rd and long situations. Olszewski is proving to be effective so far, rushing the ball 22 times for 79 yards. Delhomme is 7/15 with 83 yards and 2 INTs. [b]3rd Quarter 0-0[/b] The opening drive for UConn is stopped as the defense caused the 3rd turnover of the game as SS Allen Harper came up with the pick at midfield. Great field position. A big 3rd down conversion from Delhomme to WR Brandon May allowed us to get 1st and Goal on the 3 yard line where we ran the ball three times before finally Olszewski got into the endzone for six. 7-0 SDSU lead mid way through the 3rd quarter! A UConn punt was returned 41 yards into UConn territory which set up a 45 yard field goal attempt for Les Bolden which he nailed to make it 10-0 with the four minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. A quick drive down the field on a tired Aztec defense ended with a TD to make the score 10-7 SDSU. [b]Fourth Quarter[/b] 10-7 SDSU - We just ran a first down to end the 3rd Q. With six minutes to go and what seemed to be another 3 and out for us turned into an 81 yard touchdown pass. 3rd and 10 after no gains on runs by Olszewski, Delhomme hooked up with speedy Brandon May who took it to the house for six! What a huge play for us. 17-7 and Delhomme's numbers have drastically improve thanks to that one pass. :) That would be all the scoring for the rest of the game as the final score is 17-7, Aztecs win. Olszewski ran a few times....49 times to be exact. I don't know if he never got tired or what, but that is a lot! It's okay to run 49 times if you end up with 213 yards. Offensive Game Ball: Olszewski, 49 carries, 213 yards, 1 TD. Defensive Game Ball: DE Pritchett, 3 sacks on the day. Our defense played fantastic, only allowing 205 yards on the day! Not only did they stop them, they picked the ball off four times! Eason White ended up with 8 tackles on the day along with 3 hurries and 1 pass deflection.

[b]Week Three AT Central Florida[/b] [b]Week Three Polls - Top 5[/b] 1. Texas 2. Michigan 3. Oklahoma 4. Notre Dame 5. LSU Miami was #3 last week, but lost, dropping them down to 16. [b]Game Time News[/b] We've lost our Outside Linebacker for a while due to academic probation. I'm not too thrilled about this as I put a lot of effort into improving his grades. This allows Freshman LB Vincent Tatum(1/5) to step in and try to get the job done. This hurts us defensively but we have to stay in the 3-4 as our DT depth isn't suffice. We should still win this ball game in the same style as the UConn game. With the help of our 4th ranked defense we're favored to win this game by 9 points. [b]First Quarter AT Central Fla.[/b] A very tame first quarter as it was pretty much punting back and forth with Delhomme throwing a crucial interception which could have been points for us instead. 0-0 at the end of 1. [b]Second Quarter[/b] The second quarter goes much like the first except there was an actual chance for points from the leg of Les Bolden, but he missed a 40 yard try to the right. UCF drove down the field part ways but ended up punting the ball leaving Delhomme and the Aztecs with just under two minutes to go in the half. Our two minute drill ended in another Delhomme interception. We were moving the ball down the field into opponent territory, but fell short. That ends the half at 0-0. Sound familiar? It ended in a good way last time as well, let's hope the same happens here. Delhomme is 9 of 15 for 119 yards, 2 INTs. Ricky Davis, 3 catches for 44 yards. Olszewski, 19 carries for 52 yards. I don't know what we can do in the 2nd half to get the offense rolling down the field to get some good tries for points. We're just not doing things well right now. We just need to stop turning the ball over, we've got three of them, two on picks and one fumble lost which was deep in opponent territory as well. Our defense continues to play very well, picking right up where they left off last week. They've given up 149 first half yards and have recovered a fumble. We still win comforatbly I'm guessing... or hoping.

Archived