Coach Mau and his Career

[b]Third Quarter 0-0 Score[/b] Nearing the end of the 3rd quarter is when some action finally started happening, in favor of the Aztecs. On 3rd and 2 at mid field we finally decided to do something different rather than a short pass or run, we went deep and converted with a 38 yard pass which set us up inside the 20 yard line. A 3rd and 6 completion falls short as May could only get three yards forcing us to kick a 24 yard field goal which Bolden made to finally put us on the board and in the lead, 3-0. The drive lasted 6 minutes which put us into early 4th quarter. [b]Fourth Quarter 3-0 Aztecs[/b] The second play of the resulted in a 55 yard pass play, which landed UCF on our one yard line. An outstanding tackle by Zola Deal on the first and goal play resulted in a four yard loss; which didn't matter as they ran the ball in the next play for six leaving us behind 7-3 with over 10 minutes to play. It was back and forth for the next eight minutes which put the game clock at just over two minutes. That leaves hopefully enough time for Delhomme to step it up and lead us to victory. Four unsuccessful plays later concludes the football game and we're left with our first loss of the season; which of course is by less than 7 points. One BIG play given up by the defense causes us to lose the game. Damn. Olszewski was inneffective the whole second half. We just aren't blocking well for him at all. Delhomme has lost his starting job for the time being. The only good thing that happened was Eason White who tallied up nine tackles and a pick. We were outgained 322 yards to 286.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]Recruit Watch[/b] Last year I kept my eye on a few players throughout the season. These players were interested in me while I was interested in them. [b]DE A. Wonsley[/b] is ranked 358 overall and would be a very nice addition as we lose a good one next season. He's got 19 tackles, and one sack so far this year in his high school games. [b]QB D. Downs[/b] is ranked into the 1000's and would probably be just a backup QB for life. But I was interested in him because of his stats so far; 60% completion, 670 yards, 6 tds and only 1 interception. [b]Week Four Notes[/b] [b]Top 5[/b] 1. Texas 2. Michigan 3. Oklahoma 4. LSU 5. Notre Dame [b]Injury News[/b] LB Michael Jordan is out for 3-5 weeks with a torn tendon. We'll definitely mis him. This puts us in a bind as we'll now have to start LB Justice (1/3) in the 3-4 defense. We'll probably have to go to a 4-3 defense at times now. [b]Game News[/b] We've got our first conference game against Colorado State, at their house. Like us, they're 1-1 on the season and are beatable. They've got a decent QB with above average WR's. The defense is much like ours, undeveloped and young. It will be another good battle. CSU us favored by 6 points in this one.

[b]Week Four AT Colorado St.[/b] We decided that it was in our best interest to keep Delhomme at the helm as he's still pretty much the best option we have. [b]1st Quarter[/b] After a quick 3 and out for CSU, we drove down the field and were held to a field goal to take a quick 3-0 lead. Finally, a first half score! After a big hit which caused a fumble, recovered by... Eason White... we were able to set ourselves up for another field goal try, which split the uprights for another three points to make the lead 6-0. CSU drove down the field to kick a field goal as time ran out in the first quarter. The lead is still ours at 6-3. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Bolden's leg is being put to a lot of use tonight as he kicks in his third field goal to make the lead 6 again at 9-3. All field goals so far as CSU settles for a field goal to make it 9-6 with four minutes to go in the half. We settle for our shortest field goal of the night, a 22 yarder to increase our lead back to 6, 12-6 with a minute to go. We had three chances to get into the endzone but nada. A quick three incomplete passes allowed us to get the ball back and make a few long passes to move back deep into CSU territory. We're in field goal range(13 yard line) but we're going to take a shot into the end zone with 18 seconds left. 1st and 10: Incomplete Pass 2nd and 10: 12 seconds to play in the half, a chance for one more shot into the endzone... Thad Matthews hauls it in with a fade into the endzone!! That gives us a 19-6 lead going into half time! Delhomme is 8 of 20 for 214 yards passing. Olszewski is ineffective again with his 13 carries for 24 yards. Ricky Davis has four catches for 100 yards. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We start off with the ball and decide to be sneaky by going deep on the first play in the half. It worked out great except Ricky Davis fumbled it and CSU recovered. Oops. Our defense, who has only let up 142 yards so far this game will just have to put a stop to them. Colorado State took advantage of the turnover and turned it into six points to shrim the lead back down to six, 19-13. We punt the ball 26 yards giving CSU great field position at the 48 yard line. Two plays later a 52 yard bomb gives them the 20-19 lead. Where'd our defense go? And our offense. Finally a big play defensively after a first down catch by CSU is fumbled into our hands deep into CSU territory. This only allows Delhomme to throw an interception on 3rd and 7. [b]4th Quarter[/b] The fourth quarter starts with us having the ball on the CSU 7 yard line with 3 and 4 to go. To make sure we don't turn the ball over through the air we decide to keep it on the ground with Olszewski. We get nowhere and settle for three more points. A huge turnover allowed us to get the ball back aroun mid field. After two losses on runs, we decide to go deep and it pays off big as Delhomme hit WR Brandon May for 42 yard touchdown pass. 29-20, and I can get comfortable again. 11:32 to go in the game. Eason White picked up his second interception of the season on the next defensive series. This allowed us to run some time down. Once again we give up a long pass which resulted in a 48 yard touochdown. Ugh! Our DB's must be tired or something. The lead is two with 8 minutes to play. 29-27. After another 3 and out series by us, CSU continued throwing deep on the first play and gained 28 easy yards for a 1st down and close to field goal range. Horrible defense. 3rd down and 9 for CSU at our 29 yard line, 4:47 left go. We go pass defense and they run a draw for a gain of 8. Settle for a field goal and the lead goes to CSU with 4 minutes to play. 30-29. What a seesaw battle! A big 3rd down conversion allowed us to keep the ball with under three minutes to play. 1st and 10 at our 40 yard line 2:46 remaining. And bam! We connect for a 30 yard pass down field. 2:19 to go and we're on the CSU 30 yard line. Time to run the ball in hopes of some positive yardage. I'm putting in Hubbert too as Olszewski sucks today, 26 carries, 42 yards. Ugh! The change of running back helps as Hubbert breaks one open for 19 yards to put us on the 11 yard line, 1st and 10! Under two minutes to go. Three short runs later we are on the 6 yard line looking at a 24 yard field goal for the win, at least the lead anyways. Thirty seconds still remains on the clock. The kick is good!!! That would be Bolden's 6th field goal on the day! Can you say special teams player of the week? 6 for 6 today! 32-30, the lead is ours now. Our defense finally actually plays defense and closes out the game to seal the victory!! That puts us at 1-0 in the conference and 2-1 on the season. Good game! Delhomme - 14/34, 376 yards! 2 TDs, 1 interception thrown. Practically every completion of his was over 25 yards. He could not hit a short pass for the life of him. Olszewski - 27 carries, 46 yards May - 4 receptions, 135 yards, 1 td Ricky Davis - 4 rec, 100 yards Eason White - 6 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 INT! What a game for him! We outgained CSU 430 to 402 yards.

[b]WEEK 5 GDCS POLL: Top Five[/b] 1. Oklahoma 2. Michigan 3. LSU 4. Georgia 5. Notre Dame 6. Texas(How'd they get down here being #1 all season in the media polls.. :) They're still undefeated. Must've had cupcakes so far). We're off for the week.

[b]WEEK 6 VS TCU[/b] [b]Top 5 GDCS[/b] 1. LSU 2. Notre Dame 3. Texas 4. Georgia 5. Clemson Lots happened last week as Texas defeated #1 Oklahoma. Michigan fell to unranked Iowa. Notre Dame faces Michigan next week now, so there could be more shakeup soon. [b]Game Notes vs. TCU[/b] We're back home finally after having two away games. TCU is 2-2, 1-1 in conference play. They're ranked 63 in offense and 21st defensively. We're ranked 71st offense, and 9th defensively! Impressive defense we have....or sad offenses we've faced. The way Olszewski's been running, we'll be under close watch in this game and won't hesitate to put Hubbert into the mix. The Academic reports came in and Delhomme came into our office with a GPA of 1.99. He will not be playing for at least three weeks. Bryson continues to be under the 2.0 mark as well. Crap. That's about all I can say. We've got some key players on Academic watch right now, but I can't do a whole lot as I was trying to save even more key players from getting on the list to begin with. This should be an interesting rest of season if everyone starts to fail. :( Red Shirt freshman, Doug Clare(3/3) will be making the start this week against TCU. He's a much better passer than Delhomme, so this might not hurt as that much. TCU is favored in this game by 6 points. Let's make those people who bet against us pay for it! GAME TIME!

[b]Week 6 VS TCU[/b] [b]1st Quarter[/b] After a few punts, we were able to put something together after some nice passes by Clare. That something being a field goal of course, but Bolden couldn't put it through from 34 yards out. Just before the 1st quarter ended TCU threw one deep and scored a TD to take the lead 7-0. We seem to always get beat deep even when I have a pass defense on. Ah, well. It happens. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] After 6 carries for 4 yards we've decided to give Hubbert the ball to see what he can do with it. Of course that works. Hubbert gets the next three touches and gains 13, 19, and 10 yards to put us on the 15 yard line, 1st down. On 3rd down, we run a play action pass and TE Kevin Roberts hauled it in from 15 yards out for a touchdown. 7-7 lots of time in the half. With three minutes left on the clock we receive a punt and return it to our 19 yard line. Time for some magic. After two first downs we couldn't make anything happen and forced to punt. TCU will have 56 seconds to work with. They'll just run the ball and take the tie game into the half. [b]Halftime[/b] Doug Clare had a quick start, but has cooled off since, he's 9/22 for 104 yards and 1 TD. Hubbert cooled off as well, 6 carries for 44 yards, just 2 yards on his last three carries. Olszewski has 9 carries for 20 yards. TCU - 192 yards SDSU - 162 yards [b]3rd Quarter[/b] The first play of the 2nd half is a pass play for TCU and that was picked off by none other, Eason White! We'll get the ball on our 40 yard line. We get a first down before we're forced to punt. A quick three and out resulted in a 27 yard punt for TCU and to make matters worse for them they were called for a 10 yard penalty which put us on their 20 yard line to start the drive! First play from scrimmage is a play action post and Ricky Davis hauls it in for a quick six! 14-7 Aztecs! TCU comes right back down the field and makes a gutsy call going for it on 4th and 1 from the 21 yard line. They run it up the middle against our 5-2 blitzing defense and get the one yard they needed for a first down and ten to go. 3 plays later TCU settles for a field goal to make it 14-10 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Nothing happened through the end of the 3rd and deep into the 4th quarter. We just punted the ball from mid field to the 6 yard line. TCU just got a first down and they have the ball on the 18 yard line with 5 minutes to play. A 20 yard gain with a roughing the pass penalty puts TCU on our 36 yard line with over four minutes to play; we're clinging onto this 14-10 lead. The defense needs to come up huge in these next few plays. Another first down puts them at the 25 yard line. 1st and 10 - No gain. 2nd and 10 - 4 yards. 3rd and 6 - 5 yards! 4th and 1 - Argh, screen for 15 yards to the 1 yard line. 1st and Goal to go. Touchdown on the next play, 17-14 TCU leads with 2:20 left to play. Ugh. We can never come up big on the last drive of the game as Clare throws into coverage and gets picked off with 1:26 to go. Considering I don't know how to properly use timeouts, this game is over. Never mind that. I called the plays and let the 'computer' call my timeouts. 36 seconds to go with and 70 yards to go for a TD, 40 yards to go for field goal range. C'mon Clare! Nothing. Game over. 14-17, we lose! ANOTHER loss within 7 points. Jeez. I must suck as a coach. :( Outgained 405 to 298 yards. It's very frustrating sometimes to watch this team. I think for the next few games I'm going to let the OC call the plays, see if I'm doing something wrong. Olszewski improved a little bit, only because of a 40 yard run though. 21 carries for 81 yards. Eason White had 7 tackles and a pick. Up next: 1-4 BYU. Hopefully we can get back on track with a big win against 'em.

[b]Week 7[/b] [b]GDCS Top 5[/b] 1. LSU 2. Notre Dame 3. Oklahome (1 loss) 4. Georgia 5. Purdue (1 loss) [b]Game Time[/b] Pritchet is out for 2-4 weeks with Hip/pelvis fracture. This hurts, he's leading the team with four sacks, only one sack since the first game when he had three. [b]1st Quarter vs BYU @ Home[/b] After a great defensive stand to start the game we return the punt to BYU's 30 yard line and the OC took the team in for a quick score after six plays. 1 yard touchdown run for Olszewski. BYU went right down the field and scored to tie 7-7. A few plays later for our offense Clare threw it into the defenders arms which was returned 21 yards for a touchdown. I think it's time I take over as we're only eight minutes into the game and there has been too much action for me to handle. I like keeping it slow and close! 14-7 BYU. To close out the 1st quarter we knocked in a field goal to put the score at 14-10 BYU. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] BYU answered our field goal with one of their own to extend the lead back to seven, 17-10. Halfway through the 2nd quarter. Clare is now hurt and we're going to go with Pierce now(2/2). Great. We were able to run the two minute drill quite well to end the half with a touchdown to tie up the game at 17. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We're outgaining BYE 201 to 177 so far this game and we'll get the ball to start the 2nd half. Clare is back in the ball game now. Clare leads us to the endzone after a good punt return that led us to the 12 yard like of BYU. The strike was to Ricky Davis to take the lead 24-17. A field goal for BYU makes it 24-20. Eason White is a turnover magnet as DE Perry jarred the ball loose for White to recover deep in BYU territory. [b]4th Quarter[/b] The offense capitalizes on the turnover and scores a TD on Olszewski's 4 yard run. 30-20. Dragos, the next QB backup comes in the game after an interception. He took over for an injured Clare on a short yardage play and threw to Oszlewski for the score. 36-20(missed extra point). BYU marches right down and scores with four minutes remaining in the game and get the 2 point coversion to make it 36-28. A three and out for us let BYU get the ball back and go for another TD to make it 36-34, 2-point conversion pending. This is the last time I let the computer call my plays all game. I was going to start taking over but decided to see what happened in the end. Dannng it. 2-point conversion is.....GOOD.. DDDDAMN IT! What on earth is this melt down. OT we go. BYU scored a touchdown on 3 plays in OT. :( 43-36 and it's our turn now. 1st play of our drive we score !!! Tied it up! After two sacks in a row in Double OT we had 3rd and 35 from the 50 yard line.. Pathetic attempt for a touchdown coming up. NOthing happens. We have to stop BYU now. :( NOt going to happen at this rate. I'm so pissed off right now. Game over, TD BYU, 49-43 final. Ugh. Not going to write a summary after that crap. I mean seriously, how does Bolden miss two extra points! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

[b]Recruit Watch[/b] ILB P. Zalenka - 33 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 tfl FB (A)D. Andrie - 164 yards rushing, 3 TDs QB Downs - 1200 yards, 14 TDs, 3 INTs DE Wonsley - 31 tackles, 3 sacks [b]Week 8 GDCS Top 5[/b] 1. LSU 6-0 2. Notre Dame 7-0 3. Georgia 5-0 4. Oklahoma 6-1 5. USC 5-1 [b]Week 8 is OPEN[/b] We have 3-3(2-0) Utah next, so we'll get a week off to rest up for them. If we win we'll be 2-2 in conference play and still be in the hunt for a conference championship. Lots of things can happen still!

[b]Week 9[/b] [b]GDCS Top 5[/b] 1. Notre Dame 8-0 2. Georgia 6-0 3. LSU 6-1 4. USC 6-1 5. Kansas State 7-1 [b]Game AT Utah 4-3(3-0)[/b] We're not going to make any noise for the conference title this year unless we win out and Utah loses another along with Air Force who is 3-1 in conference play. Yikes. Utah is favored by 25 points! I hope I can keep it close and possibly squeak out a victory. Delhomme is back from his academic suspension, as is LB Bryson. So we're going to be better on both sides of the ball. Pritchett is doubtful with his hip/pelvis fracture and will be okay 0-2 weeks. Hopefully he can still play as he leads the team with 5 sacks. We'll need to contain QB Walt Crow(7/7) and prevent him from going to the air early on. That is of course, if he plays; he's doubtful and is set to return in 5-7 weeks with a complete ligament tear in his foot. If he does not play, we'll be in MUCH better shape as they will need to bring in a much less talented player. [b]1st Quarter[/b] After back and forth punts and two consecutive plays where it resulted in interceptions we finally made something happen on 2nd and 22 after a illegal crack block, we went in the air and scored on a 85 yard pass play from Delhomme to Brandon May. 7-0 SDSU! Bolden finally made an extra point after missing the last two; jerk. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] A huge interception by our defense deep in our territory allowed us to get the ball back for a chance to some more points! We do drive down the field, but after a non-pass interference call we had to settle for a field goal try from 45 yards out. Bolden with the kick....GOOD! 10-0 with only 1:55 left in the half! We took the 10-0 lead into the half as we downed the ball after receiving a punt. A great first half by our defense. Utah QB, Crow, is seeing some playing time but not enough to make a difference in this game. For the game we're outgaining them on offense 211 to 204, a small margin. But we've forced two big interceptions and have sacked the opposing quarterback twice so far. Delhomme, back from his suspension, is 3 of 7 for 135 yards. The first completion being the 85 yard touchdown, the 2nd being off a screen pass to Olszewski for 44 yards. As long as we make a big play every now and then we'll be all right. The defense needs to keep coming up big otherwise Utah will come right back. Also, Olszewski needs to keep doing what he's doing, he's got 14 carries for 72 yards at the moment, along with 2 catches for 50 yards. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] A big Pritchett sack made the Utah offense settle for a longer field goal attempt, which they end up falling short on giving us the ball back half way through the 3rd quarter; score still 10-0. A second big sack by Pritchett makes it 3rd and 12 for Utah at their own 11 yard line, forcing them to pass it.. And they do convert the 3rd down. Dang. The defense comes up big later later on in the drive and forces the Utes to punt it and leaving us with the ball at our 20 yard line with only 2 minutes to go in the 3rd. [b]4th Quarter[/b] 5 minutes into the 4th quarter Utah finally puts together a good drive and scores six to make the score 10-7. We are forced to punt after only gaining one first down. A 51 yard punt puts Utah on their own 11 yard line. We need a big defensive series here if we don't want to lose this game. 2nd and 10 - Utah QB Hadl forced out of the pocket was forced to run only to be DRILLED by Pritchett who forced a fumble, picked up by Michael Jordan who returns it 11 yards for the TOUCHDOWN!! 17-7 just like that with 6:43 to play. After a few big plays for Utah they have to settle for a field goal after Eason White stopped the running back for a loss on 3rd and short. 17-10 with just over 4 minutes to play. Time to run for a few first down and close this game out! A nice run by Olszewski(17 yards) was pointless three plays later as on 3rd and long he fumbled the ball into Utah's hands allowing Utah to get good field position on our 34 yard line with 2:12 to go. Once again our defense needs to come up huge. 1st and 10 - Knocked down pass by our defense. 2nd and 10 - Incomplete pass! 3rd and 10 - The pass forced incomplete after a big hit by the SS. A holding penalty was called and it will be declined to make it 4th down. 4th and 10 (1:36 to go) - The secondary comes up big as they forced the QB to run who was stopped by Eason White for no gain! Turnover on downs. 1:08 to play. Ouch. This needs to be fixed by Arlie. Perhaps it's known already, but Utah had 3 timeouts and they didn't call one of them after I took a knee. That seals the victory as we hold on to win 17-10 in Utah! This puts us at 3-3(2-2) and Utah at 4-4(3-1). We were outgained 384 to 311, but we came up big when we had to. I didn't pass much as I didn't need to with Olszewski running like an animal for the most part. Delhomme was 5 of 11 for 147 yards with a TD and pick. Olszewski had 32 carries for 152 yards. Eason White continued his defensive dominance, 7 tackles, 1 stuff, 1 hurry, 2 pass deflections. Pritchett had 2 big sacks. Next Week we host a 3-4(2-3) UNLV team. A win here would put us back into the mix of things as Air Force took a loss to BYU this week. Utah is the only 1 loss team in the conference. [b]Week 10 GDCS top 5[/b] 1. Notre Dame 9-0 2. Georgia 7-0 3. USC 7-1 4. Purdue 7-2 5. Kansas St. 8-1

[b]Week 10 VS UNLV[/b] I hope we can make it consecutive wins against this Rebels team. If we want to win we'll have to slow down Studwell who's been throwing the ball well all season, almost 2000 yards so far this season with 13 TDs and only 4 INTs. In the end, I see our offensive line absolutely dominating this poor defensive front of the Rebels. I expect Olszewski and Hubbert to have a field day against these guys. [b]1st Quarter[/b] A long, steady drive of 70 yards gave us a 7-0 lead with 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Some solid running by both backs and a few nice passes by Delhomme allowed us to score. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] A costly Olszewski fumble gave UNLV the ball on our 12 yard line, but a holding penalty on the Rebels allowed us to play good pass defense and force UNLV to kick a field goal to make the score 7-3 with over 12 minutes to play in the half. Some more impressive running by Olszewski and Hubbert set us up for a 3rd and Goal which after two unsuccessful runs, we had to go to the air. Clare(in for some reason. Must be because of short yardage play.. I'll have to change that) froze up the defense on a play action and TE Kevin Roberts went out on a swing pass to catch it for six points. 14-3 Tecs, with 6 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. Sid Williams picks off the ball near midfield and returns it 10 yards to the Rebels 48 yard line for a 1st and 10 Aztecs! 2:37 remaining in the half. Let's get my first blowout as a head coach! A first down and three consecutive incompletions, we have to settle for a lonnnng field goal attempt, 47 yards. Bolden will have to get all of this to make it a 14-point game. The kick is up... and it's...Good! 17-3 as we near half time. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] UNLV on their first drive took it all the way down for a score, making a risky call on 4th and Goal from the 2-yard line and converting it for a touchdown to make it 17-10. The Rebels won't go down without a fight it looks like. We answer right back with another long field goal by Bolden, 46 yards out this time. 20-10. Back to a two score ball game. We have to settle for another field goal try after an impressive drive, but this time Bolden misses the 40 yard field goal. Scores stays at 20-10 with about a minute to go in the 3rd quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] With 11 minutes to go in the game, and UNLV expecting us to keep running the ball to run the clock out we decided to mix things up after they punted the ball to our 26 yard line. A little play action pass deep route to TE Kevin Roberts is taken alllll the way to the house for a 74 yard touchdown pass to pretty much seal this game; 27-10 Aztecs with just under 11 minutes to go now. Glad to see Bolden could make the extra point to make it a 3 possession game. Whew! With under 9 minutes to play it's time to give Hubbert the ball for the rest of the game. Olszewski finished with 28 carries for 123 yards and a TD. Good game for him. Bolden hit his third field goal of the game to make it 30-10 with under 6 minutes to play. 30-13 after a field goal for UNLV. After a few lucky plays, the Rebels managed to put themselves over 300 yards of offense on the day while we gained nearly 400. It was a very impressive win for us, to put us back into bowl contention at 4-3(3-2). Glad to have my first blowout victory too. Yipee. This was Delhomme's first real solid performace. He was 12-20 for 212 yards and a TD, which one of them was taken away by Clare substituting him on the two yard line. New Mexico BLEW OUT Utah, 39-3 to make it 5-way tie for first place..Well, Air Force is in first with five wins and everyone else four. But still, good enough for me to get my hopes up again for a conference title. [b]GDCS Top 5[/b] 1. Georgia 9-0 2. Notre Dame 9-1 3. USC 8-1 4. Oklahoma 7-2 5. Nebraska 8-2 Notre Dame loses a spot as they lose bad to Oklahoma 56-16. Oklahoma jumped from 9 to 4. Texas only has only one loss so for this season, but they're ranked 6th behind two 2-loss teams. In the computer ratings, we move up to our highest ever 49th! A win AT Air Force would definitely help our standing a little more. Let's Git 'r Dun!

[b]Week 11 AT Air Force[/b] A win this week would put us in first place, granted it may be sharing first, but first place for real, nonetheless! Air Force is led by a very weak QB, Walt Peterson(1/3), who has thrown 11 touchdowns and 14 picks this season. I expect our moderately good secondary to have a few picks today. They're normally starting QB is hurt and doubtful for this game, and it would be nice if he stayed sidelined. Looking at Air Force's depth chart, they've got a real good looking Freshman Red Shirt Quarterback, Babe Nugent(4/8). I'm surprised he isn't starting, but of course he'll get four excellent seasons when he's a little better with each season. That could be scary for us! We'll have to get even better in the secondary next season. Much like UNLV, their D-Line is pretty pitiful and I once again expect to run all over them with Olszewski and our stellar O-Line. We are favored 5 points this week, surprisingly. Our offense ranks 81st while our defense is 28th. It went down quite a bit from the previous few games before last week's nice performance. Air Force is pretty poor in both categories, 66th and 82nd respectively. Let's get the show on the road. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We open the game up with a nice return and a penalty against Air Force to put us on our 48 yard line! After six carries for 41 yards for Olszewski, Delhomme connected to WR Brandon May from 10 yards out for six quick points to open up the game! 7-0. Air Force forces themselves all the way down the field for six points. Ties up the game at seven a piece. We march right back down the field and settle for a field goal to take back the lead with 3 minutes to go in the 1st quarter, 10-7. The next play from scrimmage was fumbled by Air Force, recovered by the Aztecs, but we weren't able to gain much and had to settle for a 51 yard field goal attempt. Bolden NAILS it in for three points, 13-7 nearing the end of the 1st quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Air Force not letting down a bit as they take it down for another touchdown, taking the lead 14-13 with 12 minutes to go in the half. Our defense is no where to be found as they give up ANOTHER touchdown and we fall back even further, 20-13 after the missed extra point, that could cost them. It seems we've lost our good blocking full back for the game as well. We'll be hurting a little bit on the ground now, sadly. The half ends ugly as each team was trying to make something happen to finish out the half; Delhomme threw a pick followed by Peterson throwing a pick followed by Delhomme throwing another pick. That ended the half. Delhomme is struggling to get the ball to the receivers so far this game, 5 of 17 for 91 yards. Olszewski has 16 carries for 63 yards, so we'll try to keep giving him the ball as long as we can. 20-13, Air Force. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Ugh. Another let down by our pass defense. Peterson is really tearing apart with his ... Umm.. talent? Despite not being a good player he's playing damn well so far, throwing 3 tds with 2 ints. 27-13. We need to come back strong here or we're in trouble. A 55 yard run play by Olszewski sets up anothe Bolden field goal, this time from 46 yards out. Thankfully he knocks it in for three. 27-16. Lots of time remaining in quarter number three. Delhomme gets drilled as the offensive line lets through the defense who knocked the ball loose and recovered it deep in our territory. A few plays later Air Force takes it in for six. 34-16. I gotta make sure this doesn't get ugly. Damn. Too late, another fumble, this time on the kickoff return..... We're having a HUGE meltdown here. This time our defense steps it up and forces Air Force to kick a field goal, 37-16. Big time for a score here... Or it's over. Still 5 minutes remaining in the 3rd. .....After a first down catch, Brandon May's fumble is recovered by Air Force. That must be our 18th turnover of the game. Gawd. Un. Real. We're unable to score when we had 1st and Goal on the 1 yard line. Full back was stuffed, Olszewski stuffed, stuff again, and stopped again. Sad; that shows how this game has gone for us so far. We're not playing that badly but we just can't do anything right today. [b]4th Quarter[/b] FINALLY, with 8 minutes to go we get something going and score a touchdown Delhomme to May for the 2nd time today. 37-23. After aggressive defensive play calling, Air Force took advantage and was able to score a touchdown to pretty much end this one with five minutes to play. Final score is 44-30. Unbelievable game. There were so many fumbles it's not even funny. We lost THREE fumbles when fumbling four times. Delhomme threw one pick at a very crucial point in the game and another when we were driving and another at the end of the 1st half when he was just trying to make something happen. He still ended up with three TD passes and over 300 yards passing. Olszewski did what he could to help this team, but it wasn't enough to make up for 6 turnovers, two of which were DEEPPPPPPPP in our own territory. Olszy had 22 carries for 117 yards. May had 6 catches for 163 yards and 2 TD catches. Thad Matthews had the other touchdown catch, which occured at the end of the game when it was already over. I hope this doesn't cause our season to completely flop... :( [b]GDCS Top 5[/b] 1. Georgia 8-1 2. Notre Dame 9-1 3. USC 8-2 4. Oklahoma 8-2 5. Nebraska 8-2 Everything stays the same even with TWO teams losing. Georgia keeps the top spot after losing to #6 LSU, who stayed at #6. This will be an interesting finish to the season. [b]Week 12 VS Wyoming who is 2-6 on the year[/b]

[b]Week 12 AT Wyoming[/b] WR Brandon May will be out with bad grades, so that means Hankton and Matthews will need to step it up today. DE Perry is out for 3-5 weeks with an elbow injury. It should be a relatively easy football game, but I've seen worse things happen... We're favored by 3 this week and I'm guessing we win by 13, comfortably. [b]1st Quarter[/b] A field goal for Wyoming gives them a 3-0 lead with three minutes to go in the 1st quarter. I'll be calling the plays on offense now as the OC couldn't do much. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] After a costly fumble by Delhomme on our own 20 yard line, Wyoming took advantage and took the lead to 10-0. We just can't hold onto the ball very well. ANOTHER FUMBLE! Oooh, my. We're in for a blowout. But our defense actually forced Wyoming to punt after a three and out to give us the ball back on our 20. Olszewski with a big run, but then he fumbled it again, this time it is recovered by the Aztecs and we still hold onto the ball at the Wyoming 27 yard line. A holding penatly forced us to punt it; we're half way through the 2nd quarter. After another three and out we punted it from WYO 45 yard line and knocked it onto the 1 yard line! 1st and 10 for Wyoming in their own 1 yard line. Let's get a safety and turn things around. Three incomplete passes later we get the ball back on our 39 yard line after a monster punt, 64 yards. Argh. Four minutes to go in the half. A false start on our 48 yard field goal attempt forces us to just go for it on 4th down, which we don't get. That will pretty much send us into the half down 10-0. So far it's Wyoming's 122 yards against our 103 yards. Olszewski has 13 carries for 75 yards, so he'll keep getting the touches as long as he doesn't fumble it again in which I'll take him out. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Wyoming scores again, 17-0. :( Not looking good for us. A gutsy 4th and 2 call by our team from the 11 yard line paid off as Delhomme connected to Matthews for six points to make the score 17-7 with 5 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter. A nice defensive stop gave us nice field position on our 40 yard line with time to go in the 3rd. Time to get back in this thing. A holding penalty on our first play killed us as we weren't able to get anything going. That put us into the 4th quarter. [b]4th Quarter 17-7 Wyoming[/b] We were able to finally get something going only to have to kick a field goal from 42 yards. Bolden made it to cut the lead to seven, 17-10 with seven minutes to go. Just need the defense to continue to play big here. A horrible Bolden kick on the kickoff lets Wyoming return it to the 50 yard line... FUMMMMBLLLLE! PRITCHETT RECOVERS! Finally something goes our way and it's first and 10 on our 22 yard line. 6:33 remaining in the game. With 3:30 left to go in the game Bolden knocked in another three points on a 40 yard field goal. We weren't able to get close enough to the first down to go for it, score is now 17-13. A touchdown will win it for us now. Our defense will come up big, I know it. AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW! A fumble on the kickoff gives us the ball back on the 15 yard line! Wooooow. What a turn of events here in Wyoming. We just need to put the ball into the end zone now! 2:48 left, 1st and 10 on 15 yard line - Screen gets us 6 yards. 2nd and 4 - 9 yard line - Run by Olszewski goes 4 yards for 1st and goal on the 5. 1st and Goal - 5 yard line - 2 yard run. 2nd and Goal - 3 yard line - play action little out.. Incomplete.. Crap. I thought they'd blitz. They got me there. 3rd and Goal - Goal line run is stopped for a 4 yard loss by a 3-4 defense.. Ouch. 4th and Goal - Pass. We end up 3 yards short of the endzone.... Turnover on downs, 1:21 to go with all timeouts remaining. Unbelievable way to end the game ... A fumble on a nice punt return to the Wyoming 37 yard line with 23 seconds to go to end it. How lovely. Final score 17-13. We are a fumbling machine! That's all we do is FUMBLE FUMBLE FUMBLE. I'm going to lose my head by the end of my career. Time to get out of SDSU, it's a cursed place. I may take a job elsewhere next year if anybody lets me. Our defense had a GREAT game but costly offensive fumbles put too much pressure on our defense deep in our zone. The offense lost this game. The defense only prevented it from being worse. Delhomme was 19 for 41 with 233 yards and a TD. Olszewski had a good first half followed by a sub par 2nd half. 30 carries for 106 yards for Olszy. Our receivers had three costly drops. The defense allowed 213 yards while Eason White had another 7 tackle game with a stuff and a TFL. Our defense had NO sacks that game! While our OLine gave up 7 sacks. Pathetic game overall by the offense. We're @ New Mexico and @ Cincinatti to close to close out the season. I'm going to make them quick. [b]GDCS Top 5[/b] 1. Georgia 9-1 2. Oklahoma 9-2 3. Nebrask 9-2 4. Texas 9-1 5. Notre Dame 9-1

[b]Week 13 @ New Mexico 5-5[/b] If we win our last two games we have an outside shot of a bowl game. You never know. I let the coordinators call the game and boy I'm glad I did.....Not. 27-0 at halftime. [b]2nd Half[/b] Final Score 33-14. 4-6 now. [b]GDCS Top 5[/b] 1. Georgia 9-1 2. Oklahoma 9-2 3. Texas 9-1 4. Nebrask 9-2 5. Florida 8-2 7. Notre Dame 9-1

[b]Week 14 @ Cinci[/b] 1st Quarter: 7-0 Aztecs! Halftime: 10-7 Aztecs. End of 3rd: 21-10 after an interception return for a TD for Cinci. Cinci leads. Final: 28-13. We had it then our defense just couldn't stop anything, even if they were playing against 60 year old women they wouldn't have stopped 'em. We finish another season with a 4-7 record. [b]Week 15 GDCS Top 5[/b] 1. Georgia 9-1 2. Texas 10-1 3. USC 9-2 4. LSU 9-2 5. Florida 8-2 10. Notre Dame 10-1 - Strange how they fall this far down with only 1 loss.

[b]GDCS Controversy[/b] Georgia lost to LSU in the championship game. Texas lost to #10 Kansas State in their championship game. Georgia still remains as the #1 team in the GDCS poll while LSU comes from 6th and hops over everyone for the #2 spot and the right to play in the National Championship Game! Wowza. All top 7 teams have two losses. Interesting way to end the season. RB Jacoby Johnson from Oklahoma won the player of the year award. He had 2188 yards rushing with 22 TDs and 348 yards receiving while scoring 2 TDs. That's a decent season! On 1st Team MWC we had: Jr OG Keith Garmon Sr DE Art Pritchett 2nd Team: Jr RB Olszewski Jr TE Kevin Roberts So LB Eason White Fr CB Marc Ward 3rd Team: So OG Carl Smith Jr K Les Bolden Sr DT Uwaezuoke 6 out of 9 of these guys will be returning next year, so we should be even better! [b]Championship Game[/b] Georgia wins the rematch against LSU. Georgia is crowned the national champions in 2006.

[b]Evaluation[/b] Well, we did better than last season. Team Performace - D Talent - D Recruiting - C(Oh, yeh!) Board Expectations - D Prestige - C Overall - D Well, we finished the season on a four game losing streak, I hope I can stick around another year. I changed my mind on wanting to leave just because I have grown to like these guys.

[b]Job Offers[/b] None [b]Coach Offers[/b] I decided to get a new OC who could Scout QB's really well(Green). So I got him for the same price as the old guy. Tony Gabriel is our new OC. Welcome. [b]Transfers[/b] We had one player that was very intersted in us. He goes to Auburn right now and he's pretty good. (So) QB Dwight Garay (4/6). We offered him a scholarship as he'd be a nice addition to our team. A much needed one, anyways. [b]TRANSFER SIGNED![/b] QB Dwight Garay has decided to come to our school to play! This will be a huge upgrade over anything we have right now. [b]Recruiting: Week 1 of 10:[/b] We went after mainly 3 star recruits. A few 4 stars and one five star. View the screenshot for our watch list.

[b]Recruiting: Week 2 of 10[/b] We're making a good effort on a few guys. Surprisingly, QB McCord continues to get more and more interested(according to our sources..Even though he's still 6/10) in our school. Hopefully we'll be able to snatch him, that would be amazing. *this screen shot actually depicts week 3 of 10. I advanced without taking a shot of the Week 2 stuff, but here it is anyways. [b]Signings[/b] None.

Archived