AWA: Which Way Did He Go?

Guest Duude152

Guest Duude152

OOC: Ok, before I even start the backstory I just want to say a few things about this diary,

First thing is the AWA, it is well before my time and it is purely the name that is being used (and the logo and belts obv) so please do not expect any historical backdrop or anything :D

Secondly, this is my first Diary so I shall say sorry now for my mistakes that I am bound to make :D

Thirdly, gotta give thanks to jimmy_shakerz for his Feb KYR data which I am using, Thank You!

Now enough talk, on with the backstory!

AWA: Which Way Did He Go?

In late 2009 it was announced on wwe.com that Shane McMahon intended to step down from his position in the WWE and 'pursue other endeavors' from the 1st of January 2010.

As soon as that announcement was made rumours began to fly through the wrestling and MMA world due to McMahon being spotted at a few MMA events, thus leading to people thinking that Shane was deciding to invest in MMA in the near future, but the months rolled by and that 'rumour' never came to anything, but what everyone didn't know was that Shane had had a long plan for a few years now...

Before Shane McMahon had even told his father about his intention to step down Shane had privately signed over all the rights to the American Wrestling Association to his own name. Everything apart from the AWA archive footage that his father treasured so much, and it was this decision that had proved to be the right one as not one person even noticed that Shane had done so, thus starting his decision to part ways with his fathers company.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st of February 2011

It was on this day that Shane McMahon finally decided to make his move and after months of waiting he had begun negotiations with workers, tv networks and PPV Carriers, not only had he begun negotiating he had also made it as blatant as possible to the entire wrestling world what he had done.

It was the launch of awa.com that had done so, simply a one page website with the AWA's logo on it, and Shane McMahon's name plastered above it simply reading..

Shane McMahon Presents

But that was all that was needed for the rumour mill to start and the AWA's and Shanes name to be spread around everywhere, and Shane knew instantly that he had gotten the attention he wanted and all he had to do now was sure up some contracts and wait for the dreaded call from his father.

Archived