Chikara-A-Go-Go! Baby!

http://www.pwponderings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/KOT11event.jpg

Night Two

Attendance: 1,302

The Osirian Portal vs UnStable

And so the quarter finals begin. The Portal had perhaps the tougher match last night, sneaking out a victory against 3.Bro. This perhaps explains their sluggishness in the early going, as The UnStable take control. Eventually, The Portal begin to get their bearings and work their way into the match. In an even affair, The Portal begin to take the advantage, and finish things off with the Eyes of Horus finisher.

Winners: The Osirian Portal

Rating: 46

PAC and Jody Fleisch vs KAIENTAI

This international tag match is an exhibition match, and therefore, the winner will not receive a point. That doesn't seem to effect the effort put forth by either team though, as all four men go all out to provide a lasting memory of them for The CHIKArmy. Particularly impressive is was young Englishman PAC. The man that gravity forgot managed to best his experience opponent TAKA with a massive 450 splash.

Winners: PAC and Fleisch

Rating: 42

F.I.S.T vs Team Estrogenos

F.I.S.T make the costly mistake of taking their female opponents lightly in the early going, allowing Team Estrogenos to take control of the match. Several near falls later, F.I.S.T would exit the ring in order to regroup, but Sara Del Rey had other ideas, taking out all three members with a suicide dive to the outside! The ladies could have perhaps won the match there, but Chuck Taylor was able to salvage the match for his team and take control. One Awful Waffle later and it was all over for Team Estrogenos. They can certainly take a lot of pride from their performance though.

Winners: F.I.S.T

Rating: 44

Shark Boy vs Al Snow

Stone Cold Shark Boy offers a handshake to Al Snow in this, his next to last match on his retirement tour. These two veterans of the ring sure know how to put on a good show, and it isn't long before they have the crowd eating out of their hands with a mix of comedy and competent wrestling. In a relatively long match, Al did begin to flag towards the end, and this was all the invitation Shark Boy needed to go for the kill. He hit's The Chummer on Al to pick up the victory.

Winner: Shark Boy

Rating: 55 (MOTN)

Before the next match can begin, Wink Vavasseur enters the ring and announces that Hydra will not be able to compete tonight, and that in the interest of fairness and fun, he has allowed The BDK to announce a replacement. And here he is...

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae100/y2jchikara/BDK/ClaudioHD-1.jpg

Since BDK Ein were robbed of their position in King of Trios, Claudio Castagnoli names himself as the replacement, and will join Tim Donst and Pinkie Sanchez in BDK Zwei!

BDK Zwei vs The Torbellino

And so Claudio becomes the first man in King of Trios history to be allowed to take part in two teams. Not only that, but he becomes somewhat the captain of the team, controlling much of the match as well as directing traffic. The Torbellino are fresh off defeating BDK Ein. Can they rid The King of Trios of both BDK teams?

The Torbellino put up a great show, Lince Dorado in particular showing he has both the raw talent and technique to make a difference in such a high profile match. There was an extra fire behind the eye's of Claudio though, and it was perhaps his determination not to be eliminated two nights in a row that brought the match home for The BDK.

Winners: BDK Zwei

Rating: 49

Eddie Kingston vs Ares

Oh boy. Eddie is not in the mood for messing around tonight. He stiffs Ares before the bell and it's on like Donkey Kong! To his credit, the talented Ares is no stranger to a good brawl, and he brings the goods with him here. The crowd are clearly behind Kingston, and he doesn't disappoint, picking up the win with the backfist to the future in an oldschool brawl. The BDK did not make an appearance, perhaps distracted by their participation in The Trios.

Winner: Eddie Kingston

Rating: 40

Team Frightening vs Neo Solar Temple

In the main event of the evening The Neo Solar Temple pulled out all the stops to try and book their place in the semi finals against perhaps the most popular trio in the competition. Quackenbush seems wary of a BDK run in, already a victim of an alleged BDk attack at last months show. With one eye on the match and one eye on the curtain, NST smell blood and the canny Ultramantis directs his troops to attack the distracted Quackenbush.

Jigsaw and Frightmare, realising their partner is in jeopardy, use all their wits to try and wrestle the advantage away from The Temple. Jigsaw is able to eventually take control following a hot tag, and is able to pick up the victory for his team after a Jig 'n' Tonic on Sinn Bodhi. The victorious Team Frightening celebrate in the ring, as BDK Zwei come to ringside. They don't get into any physical altercation, but the intention is clear, to let Team Frightening know that if their paths cross in this tournament, there will be blood.

Winners: Team Frightening

Rating:46

Show Rating: 45

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae100/y2jchikara/banners/banner3.jpg

King of Trios night three: Snow's Over

Hello CHIKARA fans! The day is finally upon us. It is time for King of Trios 2011 night three, the night where the King of Trios is finally decided. After two gruelling nights of action for the competitors, only four teams now remain.

BDK Zwei consisting of Claudio Castagnoli, Tim Donst and Pinkie Sanchez have beaten Team Chilly and Los Torbellino to get here, and have suffered the loss of a member in the process, but they are perhaps the betting mans favourites to advance and prevail in the final

They will face The Osirian Portal, consisting of Amasis, Ophidian and Escorpion Egipcio, a team who have beaten tough competition in Team 3.Bro and UnStable to get here. They will certainly be no pushovers.

In the other semi final match, Team Frightening will take on F.I.S.T. Frightening suffered a scare in the last round, only just managing to pick up the victory against a very capable Neo Solar Temple, and having a great match in the first round against the very technical KAIENTAI dojo. Frightening linchpin Mike Quackenbush has the added pressure of The BDK breathing down his neck. Will he be able to put them out of his mind and make it to the final?

F.I.S.T took out Al Snow and The Throwbacks in an entertaining first round match and beat a very talented, perhaps underestimated, Team Estrogenos in the quarters. They will look to exploit any possible weakness or lack of concentration in Team Frightening.

Also in action:

Brodie Lee has requested a match against either of his partners in team 3.Bro, who were eliminated in the first round. Wink Vavasseur has done him one better and given him a handicap match against both! Not sure who has the handicap in this one though...

Eddie Kingston has recruited a partner in Hallowicked in his personal battle against The BDK. The newly formed duo will take on Ares and Tursas of The BDK in what is sure to be another wild brawl.

Finally, in his retirement match, Al Snow will compete in an epic four way dance. His opponents in his last dance are Sharkboy, TAKA, and Jody Fleisch. Al will surely pull out all the stops to entertain the crowd, something he has spent his whole career doing.

Tickets are still available on the door at The William H. Detrick Gym for tonights blockbuster show. Make sure you don't miss out.

Full Card

Team Frightening vs F.I.S.T

BDK Zwei vs The Osirian Portal

Brodie Lee vs 2.0

Ares and Tursas vs Eddie Kingston and Hallowicked

Al Snow vs Shark Boy vs TAKA vs Jody Fleisch

King of Trios Final (Frightening or F.I.S.T vs BDK or Osirian Portal)

Full Card

Brodie Lee vs 2.0

Brodie Lee vs 2.0

http://www.pwponderings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/KOT11event.jpg

King of Trios Night Three: Snow's Over

Attendance 1,337

Team Frightening Defeated F.I.S.T in an open contest to advance to the King of Trios Final later tonight.

BDK Zwei Defeated The Osirian Portal and also advance to the final.

Brodie Lee defeated 2.0 in a handicap match. Brodie dominated most of the match and looked really good throughout!

Rating: 46

In Al Snows retirement match, Shark Boy managed to best TAKA, Jody Fleisch and finally Al himself in an elimination fourway final dance. After the match, The CHIKARmy stood and applauded the valliant Al Snow as he gave an emotional retirement speech.

Rating: 57 (MOTN)

Eddie Kingston and his makeshift partner Hallowicked had a hard fought victory against the massive Tursas and Ares. As advertised, this was a wild and chaotic brawl that couldn't be contained by the ring.

In the final of The King of Trios, BDK Zwei picked up the victory against Team Frightening. Towards the end of the match, the arena lights once again went out, mirroring events at last months Motive Means Opportunity event. When the lights came back on, Quackenbush, Jigsaw and Frightmare were all down and out in the ring. Claudio looked surprised, but capitalised on the proceedings, rolling Jigsaw and Frightmare out of the ring, and taking the easy pin on Quackenbush. The BDK become two times King of Trios winners as the crowd boo loudly.

Show Rating: 40

Huntman: 21/28

MichiganHero; 19/28

SWF Fan; 9/15

smurphy1014: 6/7

critical-23; 5/7

The Final Countdown; 4/7

The Effect; 0/7

Archived