Anyone up for a 3 or 4 player 1995 game?

Sorry if these two were a bit hidden, but they only used their Dudley names in ECW and WWF... and they didn't use their Team 3D names untill TNA (I think)... so I decided the best choice for naming them would be using the names they used the most on the independent scene at the time, which were those two. But I don't blame anyone for never having heard of that, I hadn't either untill I did the research.

Ha. It's good to learn new things. Hope you didn't think I was complaining, because that wasn't my intent.

Ok so I actually am uncertain on whose permission I need in some cases and it seems like WCW and WWF have given full clearance anyway, (Thanks guys!) so I'll just list my roster as they will be marketed from the onset and please let me know if I've stepped on anyone's toes.

Curt Hennig

Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Terry Funk

Owen Hart

Scott Steiner

Rick Steiner

"The Outsider" Scott Hall

"Bam Bam" Terry Gordy

"The Spectacular" Rey Misterio Jr.

Ron Simmons

Carlos Konnan

Rob Van Dam

"The American Nightmare" Dustin Rhodes

Perry Saturn

"The Silver King" Cesar Barron

David "Fit" Finlay and Chavo Guerrero II are The Internationals

Dionicio "Psicosis" Torres and Juventud Guerrera are Los Tramposos

"The Ultimo Dragon" Yoshihiro Asai and Masato Tanaka are The Greatness of Asai

Stephen Richards and Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow are The Bad News Express

Solofa Fatu Lua and Samula Anoa'i are The Samoan Swat Team

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With tag teams do they have to be in pre put in that federation or will they have experience carried over

It doesn't matter where they got the experience; if it's there, it's there anywhere.

So The Smoking Guns, for instance, will have their experience in WCW as well.

That to me looks like WCW got the better of the deal.

In a way, yes.

Randy Savage is obviously by far the most valuable worker of the bunch traded, one of the most talented and over wrestlers in the world atm. Great charisma, great on the mic, great matches. Vader, being the second-best worker of this trade, does not really equal Savage anywhere. IIRC, the only things he's better at are brawlings and menace. All in all, I do prefer Savage of the two and always has. My failure to secure Vader on a contract in my last game gave me an illogical urge to get him this time, though. :D

Bob Backlund and Dean Malenko... well, Backlund is a 2-times former world champion with a slightly better star quality and overness. He's also 10 years older though, and while he's good technically he's no Malenko. If not for the fact that I have a storyline idea for Backlund down the road, I wouldn't have made this trade. Malenko will be sorely missed in my X-division.

Rick Rude is a great talker whom I hade planned on using as my main colour commentator and maybe later manager. The fact that he, in spite of being retired, could also easily be a special attraction wrestler from time to time only increases his value. He's not irreplaceable though.

Eddie Guerrero will, I hope, make up for what I lose in regards to the other workers. Guerrero has potential (I hope!) to be greater than anyone else in this trade, and his type is exactly what I need to headline my X-division.

Randy Anderson will probably be hardest to replace short-term, but I hope I'll get by. Overall, I agree that on a short-term basis, WCW got by far the better end of this deal. But I expect the deal to even out long-term. :)

I decided to add the following to the first post of the diary thread, figuring that since we all agree on not enforcing copyrights, we might as well come up with a storyline explanation for this sudden kind behaviour:

Furthermore, also as part of the lawsuit, it was determined that no company could hold copyright over names used by their performers - meaning that characters and tag team names now follows the wrestlers, not the promotions!

I decided to add the following to the first post of the diary thread, figuring that since we all agree on not enforcing copyrights, we might as well come up with a storyline explanation for this sudden kind behaviour:

Wait a minute... The AWA does simply not allow people to use their world famous gimm.. oh. We don't have any. Nevermind.

j/k: If there are any of course anyone can use them.

Wait a minute... The AWA does simply not allow people to use their world famous gimm.. oh. We don't have any. Nevermind.

j/k: If there are any of course anyone can use them.

Actually, I don't think there are any for AWA at all.

Important announcement: you have untill 11:00 AM GMT tomorrow to finalize your rosters with trades and allignments. After that, I will finish up our contracts and start the game. I will make myself player #1 (since I'm starting up the game that seemed logical) and Big Al as player #4 (since he's to book a show at the end of day #1, that seemed logical as well). After I have finished my turn (gonna set up my roster, announcers, offer a few contracts, etc) I will then mail the save to the next player... and then it's game on!

I added title histories for WCW and WWF for their last title holders (eg. Hogan and Diesel as respective world title holders) with all title reigns ending in week 4 in August 1995. Otherwise, the last reigns would be by Ric Flair and Bob Backlund respectively... I also added the final title reigns for other promotions which champions we drafted. At least the ones I could remember, like Raven/Richards and The Sandman from ECW.

I'm a sucker for aesthetics.

I find it slightly amusing that 1½ before deadline, there has yet to be a trade that did not involve me. :D

In spite of being a handful of wrestlers short for my liking and having more heels than faces, I'm getting pretty happy with my roster.

Which reminds me... Rick, you still haven't send me a list of your worker allignments. If you don't do so before the game starts, you'll have to turn them by using angles ingame... as far as I know, it's not even possible to do with the ingame editor.

The deadline has now been reached, but I still haven't heard from Rick regarding allignments. Oh well, I hope he can sort it out ingame then.

I will now start up the game. Player 1 will be me, player 2 will be Rick, player 3 will be JackKnifed and player 4 will be Big Al.

Important! For the first round, remember to attach the mod itself when forwarding the save. It won't work with the standard WoTW mod, but only with the modified one I shall include when sending it. Obviously, once everyone has the mod, only the save has to be sent. So when Big Al gets it, he only has to send the save to the next person (which will be me).

couple of quick questions: Do I have a password or do I have to set one on my first turn?

Can we only use angles from the database or can we add them ourselves as we go along?

I was originally gonna put in 1-2-3-4 combination passwords for everyone, so you could change them yourselves... but then Big Al suggested that we implement skipping people's turns if they don't have any important news/decisions to make, which I find it be a good idea in order to speed up the game. And that obviously can't be done if we use passwords... but I have confidence that it won't be a problem and that people won't exploit it. :)

You may add all the angles you like.

Btw, are you back from work now already? Then I got times mixed up (again)... sigh... would have been much more logical to send the save to you next...

If we can't trust each other this is not going to work for long as turns take to long. We got off to a great start the other day. I reckon leave passwords blank and move on to next show or important message. I am so looking forward to my turn.

I agree with you Al.

I have now finished my turn and sent the mod and save to Rick. I waited a bit longer in hopes that Rick would appear and send me a list of his desired allignments, but he'll just have to do that ingame then I guess, through some turn-angles. Hopefully he'll manage without too much hassle. :)

Very excited for this thing. I suspect the game will move a bit slowly in the beginning, as I imagine we're all trying to supplement our rosters... but once that settle, I look forward to a smooth-running game.

Hey, sorry about not getting that list to you. Something came up last night and I wasn't able to work on this.

I guess I'll just have to deal with some rough starting momentum for the guys I have to turn in game. Is there anything I *need* to do before I pass the save/mod along? Just offering some contracts and setting gimmicks turns etc, eh?

Hey, sorry about not getting that list to you. Something came up last night and I wasn't able to work on this.

I guess I'll just have to deal with some rough starting momentum for the guys I have to turn in game. Is there anything I *need* to do before I pass the save/mod along? Just offering some contracts and setting gimmicks turns etc, eh?

Nothing in particular is need, just whatever you feel you need to do with your turn. I personally made a shortlist, offered some contracts, set my roster with the pushes I wanted, started some storylines, made a few advanced bookings... stuff like that.

So I got home late last night and then had to rush out the door this morning so I did my turn super fast... I'm sure it will be fine, but as a result I didn't look at the game world very much. Do TNA and AWA start with a PPV provider?

No, we have to sign a deal ourselves. I didn't think that as much of a problem since we can do that all year, opposed to the limited time in which TV deals can be done. But unless you plan on having a PPV within the first week or so, I don't think it'll be a problem that you didn't approach someone just yet. :D

Archived