Four Corners of Chaos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh. And me who had a feeling it was you... good thing I didn't accuse you, eh? :p

Ha, acutally I was just subtly reminding you not to delete my arena in case you deleted all locations for ease, and then just reloaded the original locations pack.

I think we all know it was ECW trying to screw us.

Great show btw Jack! That's how you lead into a ppv. I like what you've done with Sunny getting injured.

As for your ratings, remember: We all have (roughly) equal rosters despite you guys being national and Hive and I being Cult. So the rosters we ended up with have been adequite for our level and a bit below what's needed for National... one small advantage that we have.

I'm pretty confused why there isn't National Battles each month between WCW/WWF, I guess I don't fully understand how Nat Bats work.

As for your ratings, remember: We all have (roughly) equal rosters despite you guys being national and Hive and I being Cult. So the rosters we ended up with have been adequite for our level and a bit below what's needed for National... one small advantage that we have.

I refuse to feel sorry for WWF's roster when he has main eventers like Hogan, Flair, Luger, Anderson, Warrior, Roberts, DiBiase, Sid, Piper and The Giant...

His roster definately has enough quality and overness, his problem is that he's too cheap to go the Monday Night War way and give up PPV caliber matches on free tv. :p

His roster definately has enough quality and overness, his problem is that he's too cheap to go the Monday Night War way and give up PPV caliber matches on free tv. :p

Well his last main event certainly impressed! It's one of the MOTY candidates.

Speaking of which, what are they so far?

Warrior/Hogan v DiBiase/The Giant - RAW

DiBiase v Hogan (WWF World)- RAW

Hart v Funk I (non-title) - ASW

Hart v Funk II (AWA World's Heavyweight) - Wrestling Classic 1995

Am I missing any?

Infiltrated and compromised!

But seriously... Hall's given me problems... but never that badly!

Well the man is apparantly on everything that can be drunk, snorted, smoked or swallowed. You must have a pretty liberal drug policy over at AWA... :p

In my opening segment with the guy, he not only underperformed - he apparantly performed dreadfully. I don't see that road agent note very often.:eek:

For the last segment of the show, I'm sure Hawk and possibly Jarrett as well helped Hall trash the segment.

Well the man is apparantly on everything that can be drunk, snorted, smoked or swallowed. You must have a pretty liberal drug policy over at AWA... :p

We're very cheap people. I'm not going to lie to you.

Also the day I drug test Hall is the day he quits on me, I suspise...

I refuse to feel sorry for WWF's roster when he has main eventers like Hogan, Flair, Luger, Anderson, Warrior, Roberts, DiBiase, Sid, Piper and The Giant...

Hogan went 7th or 8th in the draft...actually other than Flair (the #1 overall pick) you guys all had shots at all my guys...and it's all about product. Your products lean more towards ring work, so Dibiase v Hogan would be meh...but really Bob Backlund v Sean Waltman @ B- ?!? :eek: The WWF Fan-Nation would **** all over that!

As for the Monday Night War...I'm still comfortably ahead in the ratings...this weeks RAW beat Nitro by almost two whole raings points, so why give away the milk if y'all aren't ganna buy the cow?

Hogan went 7th or 8th in the draft...actually other than Flair (the #1 overall pick) you guys all had shots at all my guys...

Yeah I honestly regret some of my draft choices... but oh well, it's always easy being wise in retrospect.

As for the Monday Night War...I'm still comfortably ahead in the ratings...this weeks RAW beat Nitro by almost two whole raings points

Yes, even more reason not to feel sorry for you. Dunno what Rick was on about. :p

Fine! I take it back. Jack, you get no comfort! Wallow in your B ratings! And being first in the world in wrestling promotions...

Huh.

Well I ran ASW. It went well. Not A overall well, don't worry. But better than I had thought. Vader is gold, can we make a permanent trade somehow, Hive?

But that's not the only reason the show went well... A surprising match of the year candidate... I guess there was a lot of interest on one of the competitors because of the hottest angle in wrestling today: TNA vs AWA!

Anyway, sent the file to Jack, I have tomorrow off so if that file gets back to me I'll run it right quick. ASW goes up in the morning.

But that's not the only reason the show went well... A surprising match of the year candidate... I guess there was a lot of interest on one of the competitors because of the hottest angle in wrestling today: TNA vs AWA!

Anyway, sent the file to Jack, I have tomorrow off so if that file gets back to me I'll run it right quick. ASW goes up in the morning.

I think Raven might have something to say about the Hottest angle in wrestling...or Ric Flair and the Horsemen...

Ran Survivor Series...ganna do a preview in my thread, the full write up will have to wait till late tonight or tomorrow afternoon

...Got another B which I think was good considering the format (Survivor Series Matches, wrestlers in more than one match etc..etc) The WWF's momentum has risen from a B- to B in the past week...oh woe is me :D

...sent the file back to Hive...he had Decisions

So I posted my show, it's too long, but not as bad as last time. I promise the PPV will be shorter as it will be mostly matches.

Just got the file. Gonna try and run Once And For All before work and send on the file... haven't read Survivor Series yet, looking forward to doing that instead of working!

Survivor Series was great! I was shocked to see the Title match open the show. But it worked DiBiase starting the event... and ending it. Really dug the spots with guys saying what they were thankful for too.

The moment Flair dropped the Million Dollar Belt it clicked in whot the fourth member of the horsemen was: I totally had a big ass smile on my face. Still do!

I wasn't able to finish programming my PPV before I left for work so the file will get sent out tonight.

Really dug the spots with guys saying what they were thankful for too.

Yeah me too, nice little detail.

Btw, did you guys know that it's not possible to give a worker an alter ego used by someone else even though it's in another promotion? I did not know that. :(

Yeah me too, nice little detail.

Btw, did you guys know that it's not possible to give a worker an alter ego used by someone else even though it's in another promotion? I did not know that. :(

The WWF ran those "What I'm thinkful for..." promos waaaaay back, I think maybe just the first Survivor Series...Ted Dibiase's was...

"I'm thankful that I'm rich....and your not! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

...just thought I'd bring them back.

As far as for the alter ego thing I thought it would save it as, for example, Vader (TNA) instead of Vader or Vader (AWA)...who knew?

:D

...just don't be trying to steal Mantaur's gimmick, or I am totally sueing!!

I think the main event should be an I Quit...for real...no really I quit and I'm going to the WWF...match. Then it could be an upset win for Funk and Brett could come home again :D

You know what I would do if I were you: Fire Ted DiBiase so he can be hired by the AWA... but as a double agent! Maybe he can talk Bret into jumping ship!

It's worth a shot...

I ran Once And For All... some ups and downs. I was still at 90% match ratio so not many angles... and what there are didn't rate as well as one would hope. On top of that Rick Steiner has zero chemistry with his mystery tag partner... and that was my semi main event.

But Rey/Silver King and Simmons/Rhodes both went better than expected. Throw in a surprisingly good match from Los Trapacistas and The Internationals as well as the greatness that is the Terry Funk/Bret Hart feud and I managed a B rating. Which is good because I don't see any possibility to do that with my next ppv. Or possibly any ppv for the next few months...

hrm.

I ran Once And For All... some ups and downs. I was still at 90% match ratio so not many angles... and what there are didn't rate as well as one would hope. On top of that Rick Steiner has zero chemistry with his mystery tag partner... and that was my semi main event.

But Rey/Silver King and Simmons/Rhodes both went better than expected. Throw in a surprisingly good match from Los Trapacistas and The Internationals as well as the greatness that is the Terry Funk/Bret Hart feud and I managed a B rating. Which is good because I don't see any possibility to do that with my next ppv. Or possibly any ppv for the next few months...

hrm.

A B for a cult sized company is very good actually...I am finding a B or B+ to be a bit of a feat with WWF...and getting an A or A*? Better luck finding the Holy Grail in the silverware section at Target my friend

A B for a cult sized company is very good actually...I am finding a B or B+ to be a bit of a feat with WWF...and getting an A or A*? Better luck finding the Holy Grail in the silverware section at Target my friend

There's an interesting discussion going on in the small questions forum right now, or earlier today at least (that I accidentally started by asking a question for this game), that sort of touches on this. One of the things that was said... oh and I want to clarify: I'm mentioning this to support what you said, not argue against it. You are correct a B rating is very good for a Cult fed. Anyway, what was said was that WWE in the 90s (Which, I think, most people consider to be the best era in terms of delivering a consistent quality TV product. Again only in [necessarily] in terms of consistency of quality TV. /avoid debate), but that WWE in the 90s would have rated primarily... oh here I'll just quote him.

Wrestling was hot, but unless RAW was stacked top to bottom with 5 star matches and angles throughout the entire show then it was never as highly rated as that. Which is where there is a disconnect between people playing the game and the game ratings system. A B+ is the sort of level that RAW would be at on a weekly basis at it's peak, with A shows thrown in from time to time where they were on for major events. Maybe A* if they used the 95.1-100 definition. But even the PPVs, which have better matches than TV did never get close to the 99 barrier... even the greatest shows in history would be lucky to hit the A* at 95.1, but TEW players don't understand that

And I thought about that and that seemed to ring true. If I letter graded WMX7 (my personal favorite Wrestlemania) match by match and then totaled it up by the 70-20-10 equation, it wouldn't be an A*. It might be close. But it wouldn't be in the end.

Anyhoo... with the end of the Funk/Hart feud my days of B rated shows at cult would appear to be over.

BONUS THOUGHT: Now that we've seen a few months into the game, are there any changes you guys would have made to your drafting strategies? Because I totally would have targeted Vader if I had known how awesome he is.

I ran Once And For All... some ups and downs. I was still at 90% match ratio so not many angles... and what there are didn't rate as well as one would hope.

Yeah at 90 % match ratio, most of your angles at events/PPVs will bomb horribly pretty much no matter what. I suggest changing it to 80 %, then it will work as usual.

Also, congrats on another fine show. B is very nice indeed at cult. :)

But in terms of growth... does it really matter to a company at cult size whether you get a B-, B, A or A*? Heck as I'm currently just C- in most of the country, it's my impression that all I really need to score is C+ - and that anything above that is just bells and whistles, really.

BONUS THOUGHT: Now that we've seen a few months into the game, are there any changes you guys would have made to your drafting strategies? Because I totally would have targeted Vader if I had known how awesome he is.

Yeah I wouldn't have traded away Savage, I wouldn't have been so quick to sign The Road Warriors (who both start as injured) and I would have stayed away from The Midnight Express. I would also have tried harder to sign The Steiner Brothers and Lex Luger. Also, I wouldn't have signed Davey Boy Smith so early in the draft, as I for some reason had completely underrated him as a performer for that version of the mod.

Archived