Four Corners of Chaos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAW running diary...

Flair debuted a new gimmick.... it got a B- ... **** Yeah!!! Good Gimmick Bonus!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm a bit confused here... are you legitimately ecstatic over a B- gimmick or are you being sarcastic?

I myself had gimmick changes on both Christian Cage and Matt Hardy at last Impact!, with both of them getting initial A's... of course, I haven't had any such success when changing gimmicks of any of my high profile workers. I think I got C+ on both Vader and Nash when changing those. *sigh*

I'm a bit confused here... are you legitimately ecstatic over a B- gimmick or are you being sarcastic?

I myself had gimmick changes on both Christian Cage and Matt Hardy at last Impact!, with both of them getting initial A's... of course, I haven't had any such success when changing gimmicks of any of my high profile workers. I think I got C+ on both Vader and Nash when changing those. *sigh*

Both really...I mean I have had most of my gimmicks get a C+ which is, if you read the dirt sheet, giving me a - in the match ratings, so in that sense I'm happy to get a B- and bonus for good gimmick

But a little sarcasm too, as I can't figure out why it's so hard to get good gimmicks for wrestlers ('cause yeah, Ric Flair could never pull off a 'Nature Boy' gimmick :eek:)

And I have got a few A's also. Unfortunately it guys was Chris Candido & Savio Vega, not my main eventers :mad:

Both really...I mean I have had most of my gimmicks get a C+ which is, if you read the dirt sheet, giving me a - in the match ratings, so in that sense I'm happy to get a B- and bonus for good gimmick

But a little sarcasm too, as I can't figure out why it's so hard to get good gimmicks for wrestlers ('cause yeah, Ric Flair could never pull off a 'Nature Boy' gimmick :eek:)

And I have got a few A's also. Unfortunately it guys was Chris Candido & Savio Vega, not my main eventers :mad:

Yeah well I'm actually having the same problems as you: poor or at best average gimmick ratings for my top guys, but unexpected good gimmick ratings for lower card people... it's weird.

I can't figure out why it's so hard to get good gimmicks for wrestlers ('cause yeah, Ric Flair could never pull off a 'Nature Boy' gimmick :eek:)

This is (in part) effected by your avitar's creativity rating. Off the top of my head I can't remember exactly how the mechanic works, but I know there's a cap at C+ (66) that (I presume) you can surpass with greater frequency once your creativity is rated higher than the 5/10 it is now.

Hardcore Holly defeated King Kong Bundy in a Street Fight in 8:25 by pinfall with after an Alabama Slam.

Holy ****! Holy ****!

Holy ****! Holy ****!

Hardcore Holly is on a roll....so it's not slamming Andre at Wrestlemania III, but it just adds to his resume...

So far, my fastest risers in terms of overness, off the top of my head, without looking at the data:

"Road Dogg" Jesse James

Hardcore Holly

Triple H

Joey Styles

Vince McMahon

Sadly Luger (B to A) was on this list, Raven (C- to C-) is not :mad:

So far, my fastest risers in terms of overness, off the top of my head, without looking at the data:

"Road Dogg" Jesse James

Hardcore Holly

Triple H

Joey Styles

Vince McMahon

That's nothing compared to my rise of Doomsday, a man who has gained overness faster than I actually wanted him to. :eek:

IDK, Road Dogg has jumped from iirc D- to B-

Oh it's that much? Impressive. Then I think it's roughly the same.

Do I see Doomsday outgrowing his partnership with Abyss soon?

Not likely, no. I have no interest in him as a singles competitor. Never really liked him, to be honest, and wouldn't really know what to do with him as a singles competitor. I do like him in this tag team, however.

Yeah. I'm having the same problem with Solafa Fatu Lua. The fans love him and seem to care nothing for his partner Samula. Of course, he hasn't reached anywhere near the B- overness that your guys have as every time he hits the C+ region an unfortunate loss to a more skilled in-ring worker brings him back down closer to his partner's level... Poor guy.

I must admit Jesse James may be experiencing the "Billy Gunn effect"...despite matches (either against or as a partner) with Hulk Hogan, The Giant, Roddy Piper and other top stars, he has been at B- for quite awhile...hope it's not his cap but, if it is, B- pop, good entertainment skills and ok ring skills = Upper Midcarder in the WWF

Here's an interesting tidbit I fell over today: some people claim to have seen Owen Hart's ghost in the rafters of the Kemper arena in which he fell to his death. :eek:

Btw, remember our talk about planning ahead? I have 5 matches planned for my next PPV already, and 4 for the one after it. And I now have the next 4 X Division champons planned as well. And the main event of my next 4 Impacts. :D

Here's an interesting tidbit I fell over today: some people claim to have seen Owen Hart's ghost in the rafters of the Kemper arena in which he fell to his death. :eek:

Really?

Btw, remember our talk about planning ahead? I have 5 matches planned for my next PPV already, and 4 for the one after it. And I now have the next 4 X Division champons planned as well. And the main event of my next 4 Impacts. :D

While I had only a rough idea of the matches for my next PPV, the Luger thing has thrown it up in the air...I know, however, that there will be a battle royal of some sort, the winner of which will recieve the coveted 30th spot in next month's Royal Rumble...sticking with the Season's Beatings theme, all matches will have some sort of stipulation, hardcore, ladder, cage etc...

Really?

Yeah I fell across the rumor while reading a bunch of wrestling rumors of varying credibility. Most of which had drugs and/or sex and/or violence as the main subject.

While I had only a rough idea of the matches for my next PPV, the Luger thing has thrown it up in the air...I know, however, that there will be a battle royal of some sort, the winner of which will recieve the coveted 30th spot in next month's Royal Rumble...sticking with the Season's Beatings theme, all matches will have some sort of stipulation, hardcore, ladder, cage etc...

It's really too bad that Luger is as over as he actually is, as I think it will be extremely difficult for TNA to sign him. You should job him on his way out. :p

Have I mentioned, btw, that I'm utterly shocked that you turned Flair before having a PPV Hogan vs. Flair matchup? :eek:

It's really too bad that Luger is as over as he actually is, as I think it will be extremely difficult for TNA to sign him. You should job him on his way out. :p

Thought about it but, figured I'd "do what's best for the business" and let him leave strong (he did lose to Flair then get Pedigree'd to a steel chair by Triple H, does that count?)

Have I mentioned, btw, that I'm utterly shocked that you turned Flair before having a PPV Hogan vs. Flair matchup? :eek:

My desperate need for another main event face out weighed any possible gain from a Hogan/Flair match...not to say it still wouln't happen somewhere down the line :cool:

Thought about it but, figured I'd "do what's best for the business" and let him leave strong (he did lose to Flair then get Pedigree'd to a steel chair by Triple H, does that count?)

I'm just not sure a cult company can sign a guy with A or above overness... and is it really best for the business to make WCW the only company he can join? :p

I'm sure Billy Kidman wouldn't mind if you job Luger to him... would only be fair to close the storyline before leaving, anyway. :D

My desperate need for another main event face out weighed any possible gain from a Hogan/Flair match...not to say it still wouln't happen somewhere down the line :cool:

But now that you lost one of your top heels, don't you regret turning him? :eek:

The WWF is already quite heel heavy, so no regrets, plus it's Ric Flair...who's to say he will STAY babyface after his feud with Arn is over? :rolleyes:

...As far as Luger, it has always been, imho, one of the worst things in wrestling to simply "job" a guy out when he is leaving. Luger did the right thing, and so did the WWF, he lost his last match putting over Flair (and Triple H to a lesser extent) and is on his way. Simply having him lose to every lower carder before he leaves would be vindictive and self serving...and the WWF has never...E-E-EVAH done business that way :D

...As far as Luger, it has always been, imho, one of the worst things in wrestling to simply "job" a guy out when he is leaving. Luger did the right thing, and so did the WWF, he lost his last match putting over Flair (and Triple H to a lesser extent) and is on his way. Simply having him lose to every lower carder before he leaves would be vindictive and self serving...and the WWF has never...E-E-EVAH done business that way :D

Bah you and your honourable ways. :p

So uhm... where's the save at? It's been 3½ days since RAW was posted, surely it can't take that long to book Nitro...? :confused:

Was going to ask the same thing....Maybe, in a fit of anger over being releaseed Lex Luger stole it?!? :eek:

Seriously was wondering though were it got to

I got Jack's most recent save... it's the Nitro after the most recent save that I have. So this isn't my fault... which is a relief. Of course if the save had come back to me then it would have been my fault as I still haven't finished the write up for my last show.

The real world + a heat wave that I'm convinced is from the spirit world have really conspired to keep me form completing that... BUT! I hope to have it finished today.

Archived