Four Corners of Chaos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got the file and have finally put up last week's show. Eep.

Ok so I'll run my card tonight and send the file on. Hopefully I'll get the write up done before the file makes it back to me for the PPV.

Well there's 2 PPV's in between, so maybe that will buy you some time. :D

Ran my show... slowly sending it to Jack.

Two quick thoughts: 1 - So Terry Funk can put on a match with anybody. I mean anybody. He pulled out B- matches with D'Lo Brown (who is not over at all.) and Mr god damned Wrestling III. Mr W III who is over at an E- level in our home region.

So yeah. He's a hero.

The other is that this show is a weird one. It starts off bad and gets worse. Then suddenly comes alive in the last half an hour and that somehow results in a B-. And guess who I have to thank for that? That's right. Terry Funk.

Ran the PPV... we have another match of the year candidate! I'll give you a hint... it's not the Proving Ground Match...

That bombed.

Oh well, I sent the file to Hive. If you could toss it back to me on my turn, that'd be great. I need to adjust my pushes and storylines etc...

Ran the PPV... we have another match of the year candidate! I'll give you a hint... it's not the Proving Ground Match...

That Bret Hart kid is magnificent, I am very jealous.

That bombed.

Yeah thanks a lot for putting my stars up against your midcard trash. Had you not had Sting in that C match, he would have finished in the power 100 top ten. :p

Oh well, I sent the file to Hive. If you could toss it back to me on my turn, that'd be great. I need to adjust my pushes and storylines etc...

Done. :)

I'm actually quite shocked that the match turned out as bad as it did. Something must have gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Well... One Man Gang is truly awful. And Nash and the Samoans aren't exactly human highlight reels. But that's fine. I got a B show. I'm not complaining.

I resent to everyone the last save I have, from immediately after running RAW

Yeah let's give it another day and see if we hear from Big Al. By then it will have been more than 6 days, which should be plenty of time to book Nitro imo. If he went on vacation or something, he could have dropped a line about it. (Note: I'm a bit cranky and impatient these days due to being stressed, swamped by work and very very tired. My apologies.)

Being a man of contingency plans, I have considered what to do if Big Al has lost interest in the game:

1. Seek to have someone else take over WCW, and pause the game untill that happens.

2. Seek to have someone else take over WCW, with one of us booking their shows untill that happens. Given that I'll have a lot more time on my hands after monday, I could do that for a while (this would of course require a few set of rules to avoid exploitation).

3. Resign his avatar and play on with AI WCW. Would be a shame to lose the arguably biggest company in the game like that (sorry WWF), but at least we wouldn't have as long a time between turns.

But as I said, the above is of course merely a contingency plan. I just like to be prepared.

Again: I apologize if I'm coming off as a jerk, I'm just really really enjoying this game and can't wait for my business and storyline plans to unfold. :)

Yeah let's give it another day and see if we hear from Big Al. By then it will have been more than 6 days, which should be plenty of time to book Nitro imo. If he went on vacation or something, he could have dropped a line about it. (Note: I'm a bit cranky and impatient these days due to being stressed, swamped by work and very very tired. My apologies.)

Being a man of contingency plans, I have considered what to do if Big Al has lost interest in the game:

1. Seek to have someone else take over WCW, and pause the game untill that happens.

2. Seek to have someone else take over WCW, with one of us booking their shows untill that happens. Given that I'll have a lot more time on my hands after monday, I could do that for a while (this would of course require a few set of rules to avoid exploitation).

3. Resign his avatar and play on with AI WCW. Would be a shame to lose the arguably biggest company in the game like that (sorry WWF), but at least we wouldn't have as long a time between turns.

But as I said, the above is of course merely a contingency plan. I just like to be prepared.

Again: I apologize if I'm coming off as a jerk, I'm just really really enjoying this game and can't wait for my business and storyline plans to unfold. :)

4. Let the WWF purchase WCW :D

I'm all for whatever everyone else decides

If you guys decide to go with option 1 send me a pm ive been interested in four corners both but keep missing so id love to hop in if necessary.

Oh yeah that's right, you were the forth man to epxress interest in the original thread. I'm sure the others will agree with me that you deserve the spot if option 1 becomes relevant. :)

Let's see if we hear from Big Al first...

4. Let the WWF purchase WCW :D

While I would of course love for WWF to become twice as big as they already are and thereby dwarf TNA and AWA, I'm afraid you'll become too bored that way... so it's for your own protection that won't be allowed, really. :p

Right. Assuming that none of you guys have received the save yet, I suggest that we bring in rvdjrv2002 as the new WCW. Big Al seems like a really nice guy, but it seems like he has dropped off the radar. It's been nearly 7 days (according to my possibly flawed math) since he received the save, making it even longer since we last heard from either by email or here on the forum. My past experience with multiplayer games points towards him having lost interest (though that is of course an assumption made from past statistics and may or may not apply here).

Anyway, rvdjrv2002 already has the save and is ready to go whenever/if you gentlemen give him the go.

Archived