Four Corners of Chaos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We got a (what I have to assume is a very high) B. A rated semi main and an A rated main(!). Plus a B+ match to boot!

Judgement Day scored a pair of B+ matches and a pair of B rated matches...plus as you would expect from the WWF - a few A rated angles

We got a (what I have to assume is a very high) B. A rated semi main and an A rated main(!). Plus a B+ match to boot!

This is the kind of stuff that puzzles me the most in TEW... did you have extremely terrible angles to tank it or what? :confused:

This is the kind of stuff that puzzles me the most in TEW... did you have extremely terrible angles to tank it or what? :confused:

yeah I see that alot, the final grade being lower (or higher) than you would expect....Judgement Day had a few C/C+ matches, a B+ main and a B semi-main....but also another B & B+ match plus the 'angles definetly the show' bonus...

AWA is probably getting hurt by the angles not being good as the matches penalty...Is AWA performance = popularity? I've noticed in other grades that angles seem to grade out lower than in a pop>performance type fed

AWA is probably getting hurt by the angles not being good as the matches penalty...Is AWA performance = popularity? I've noticed in other grades that angles seem to grade out lower than in a pop>performance type fed

Could be that. Then again, could also just be the fact that he doesn't really have any great promo guys after Hall and Funk left. It's somewhat easier to have great angles with talkers like Hogan, Flair, DiBiase, Raven, etc. :p

Not really, B- and B rated angles. I did manage to put on an E+ rated match however, which probably didn't help.

also...

But yes. I am definitely getting hit with the "Your angles suck" penalty.

We are, indeed, pop=perf although I have no how that effects my angle ratings.

Could be that. Then again, could also just be the fact that he doesn't really have any great promo guys after Hall and Funk left. It's somewhat easier to have great angles with talkers like Hogan, Flair, DiBiase, Raven, etc. :p

And no. I don't think we have any elite mic workers... well... ok, we have one. But Dusty isn't cutting any main event promos any time soon...

or is he?

Another thing too is that those two As could have both been 89.2% and my overall B rating could have have been an 82.9%. We just don't know!

But yes. I am definitely getting hit with the "Your angles suck" penalty.

We are, indeed, pop=perf although I have no how that effects my angle ratings.

I don't know either, just an observation, in pop=perf feds angles seem to grade lower than if the same two workers ran the same angle in a pop > perf fed...

Maybe i am, as Hive accused me of, an 'ECW mark', but I think if you build Steven Richards popularity up he could do quite well for you

Bret Hart always was an under-rated promo guy as well

just finished Slamboree and thank god i dodged a bullet i hadn't realized that this would be the fourth time the match was held so was possibly going to fall victim to the 3x penalty thankfully they brought it and gave me a B+ main event on a B rated PPV was pleasantly surprised by the three way Japanese match on the card getting a B- sadly the debut went over like a brick getting a C+ with a promo featuring Roddy Piper and JJ Dillon so sadly JJ's promo time is shrinking fast with me but that's ok ill deal............i would like the save back before the booking begins for Monday TVs so i can make some call-ups that i need to make

Maybe i am, as Hive accused me of, an 'ECW mark', but I think if you build Steven Richards popularity up he could do quite well for you

Oh yes, you are an ECW mark to the limit. :D

got the save back called up a pair of talents to debut in the near future....also wcw is releasing a half dozen or so talents including some former champions in the 4corners era look for more to come down the wire through the month

Interesting. I'll be sure to check that out.

...Not sure how I feel about this but...

Ric Flair has taken Chris Justice (Abyss) under his wing as a protege

Looking at my top 10 list - Judgement Day is ranked... #1 :D

after last night's PPV - Raven has a B+ popularity overall, with an A rating in 4 regions (YES! YES! YES!)

@RVD - Good PPV, better offering than you've had in a while...but I notice the WCW World Title changed hands again :eek:

I don't feel so bad about the WrestleMania Dibiase to the Giant to Hogan switch now :o

If I'm following things correctly we have, since September -

AWA - Bret Hart wins the title...still champion

TNA - Jeff Jarrett wins the title...loses to Sting...still champion

WWF - Ted Dibiase wins the belt...6 month reign before losing the belt to The Giant...who loses it (has it stolen?) by Hulk Hogan...still champion

WCW - Shawn Michaels to Randy Savage back Michaels..to Rick Rude (YES! YES! YES!) and now back to HBK

going to run RAW shortly and send the file onward

Small question: is it normal to be told "this show should have increased our popularity" several shows in a row while the actual popularity doesn't change one bit? :confused:

From what I understand there is a good chance that the pop increase is less than 1% per show, so it could take 10-20 shows to see even a half letter grade movement in popularity

Archived