Modern Warriors 4 (RELEASE)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this is related to the stats or whether it's just how the particullar fights went, but i did (Anderson) Silva vs. Sonnen a few times in the quick match feature & for some reason everytime Sonnen took him down, he would immediately stand back up.. At one point even giving up side control!

That is an effect of the way strategy works in the game, and its my least favorite part of the game. I have a suggestion thread in the suggestion forum asking for a change, go post there for me. :)

What is happening is that for some reason every fighter will ignore their own strategies sections at times. The most obvious problem is fighters like sonner who are all takedowns, all the time, but have weak sub defense. They will refuse to shoot or stand up from dominant position only to get blasted on their feet out of fear of getting submitted on the ground. Problem is, there are a lot of fighters like sonnen who are wreslters that aren't greta at sub d. The only way to get sonnen to shoot is to increase his submission defense, which (a) makes it impossible to replicate fighters like sonnen and (b) makes the tactics meaningless because they don't follow them.

If you look closely, there are fighters who normally just shoot for takedowns come hell or high water, but you won't see much of that in the game because if a fighter thinks he doesn't have a chance for a takedown he won't even try, strategy be damned.

Although I'm gonna sound like a brat for saying this I'm waiting for this:

That's something I struggled with big time too. I finally had to ignore the titles and give them popularity that accurately displayed their card positioning.

to happen before I download.

I'm to lazy to do it myself and it's ridiculously annoying with the way the popularity currently is (UFC HW Champ Cain Velasquez only worthy for the undercard?)

Regardless I hope less lazy people are having fun :)

Sorry gents.

I'm not sure what happened with the file, but it looks like I accidentally deleted it when I was tinkering with my Megaupload account. I'm glad someone else re-upped it, and I hope to have an updated version out shortly.

The entire relationships section needs revisiting. There's still a bunch of Dana White relationships even though he's no longer in the game as a fighter.

Yea, I add them as time goes on but I'm sure there are several that could be pruned at this point. Thanks.

Yea, I add them as time goes on but I'm sure there are several that could be pruned at this point. Thanks.

Also Camps would be great updated, smart not releasing an update till after this last 3-4 weeks of fights every week.

Can't wait for the update

Thiago Silva/Brandon Vera fight needs to be changed to a no contest (as well as there records amended).

Chad Mendes needs to be ranked alot higher, as does Mighty Mouse.

Also hopefully you'll look at Dominick Cruz (if you haven't already). Not to say his stats are bad, because there not, but still imo he should be a little bit better in certain areas, ie. footwork/feints/speed.

Thiago Silva/Brandon Vera fight needs to be changed to a no contest (as well as there records amended).

Chad Mendes needs to be ranked alot higher, as does Mighty Mouse.

Also hopefully you'll look at Dominick Cruz (if you haven't already). Not to say his stats are bad, because there not, but still imo he should be a little bit better in certain areas, ie. footwork/feints/speed.

Agreed I had to tweek him like crazy. Cruz went on a massive losing streak in my game losing to everyone under the sun in the division. I was even handing him fights that should of been easy and they would destroy him. I'd say biggest changes should be made to

Cruz who's stats have been majorly lowered from where they are in reality

Jon Fitch like him or not is good at what he does, but you wouldn't know it from the mod he loses to the most average of fighters even though GSP is the only actual Welter weight to beat him.

Diago Sanchez is horribly overrated in his stats. It's a bit much.

Most are ok though