Modern Warriors 4 (RELEASE)

I would love it soon as well lol. I just want an updated roster :p

You can always go through the update the UFC (or whatever company you wish to play as) roster yourself. It's really not that hard, and shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes depending on whether or not you want to also tweak some stats and all that. =P

And since we're griping about stats here, apparently:

Velasquez and Dos Santos aren't quite as dominant as I would expect. Overeem, Frankie Edgar and Hioki could use a little tweaking, as well, though I forget the specifics since I went through and changed a lot of these stats myself the last time I "updated" WM4.

Zombie Nog and Lesnar are too dominant. As in, they almost always end up in the top 3 of my division, and Lesnar regularly dismantles Cain and JDS like it ain't no thang.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always go through the update the UFC (or whatever company you wish to play as) roster yourself. It's really not that hard, and shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes depending on whether or not you want to also tweak some stats and all that. =P

I do that already, but it takes much longer than 15 minutes and it's nowhere near as good as a complete update. Moving people around, adjusting win/loss, adding fight histories, and adjusting stats alone takes awhile. Then you throw in adding new people who often times I haven't seen before, adjusting contracts/popularity if you want to be ambitious. I do not envy Tag doing all that and more alone.

I do that already, but it takes much longer than 15 minutes and it's nowhere near as good as a complete update. Moving people around, adjusting win/loss, adding fight histories, and adjusting stats alone takes awhile. Then you throw in adding new people who often times I haven't seen before, adjusting contracts/popularity if you want to be ambitious. I do not envy Tag doing all that and more alone.

I work at crack speeds, dawg.

It has probably already been touched on but fighter's name value needs work it's rare if never you get fans giving you good, great feedback etc with UFC for main event/co-main events. Maybe it's a company popularity thing aswell.

Mine tend to do alright with fan feedback. I mean, I don't deny fighter popularity needs work (neither does Tag, he's said numerous times it's a work in progress), but still.

I prefer MW's to TOS's popularity system, since TOS considers any match between a pair of middling fighters worthy of main eventing your biggest of shows. I understand why TOS went the way they did, though, I just simply prefer MW's system of exclusively; it seems more realistic to me - the fighters need to be big stars (high level national/low level international at least IIRC) and coming off of a victory, which is more or the less as it is in real life.

Speaking of TOS, what happened? They haven't had an update in months, have they? Seems to me like we as a community should come together and start coming out with a data set of our own; seems unfair for everybody to have to rely on Tag. Anybody interested?

I'd be interested, but the time it'd take to come up with anything near what TOS or MW have done from scratch would be enormous and WMMA4 would likely be out before I reached a point I deemed acceptable. I've toyed with the idea a few times, but modding this game is a *lot* of work. I feel like if you really want to get a solid update going you're never going to have time to actually play outside of testing. I'm also kind of anti-team in this instance. You end up with too many guys stepping on each others' toes and even if they don't, stats will be out of whack simply because they're coming from different people. I'm too much of a perfectionist.

I'm also kind of anti-team in this instance. You end up with too many guys stepping on each others' toes and even if they don't, stats will be out of whack simply because they're coming from different people. I'm too much of a perfectionist.

Yeah, that'll definitely be an issue, but I'm hopeful that with continued iterations, everything will eventually coalesce into using similar metrics as long as whoever is behind the updates keep the lines of communication open and mod on good faith.

I just think it's a little ridiculous that the WMMA mod scene is so dire, when games like TEW have basically every possible scenario you can think of available to be played.

It's a smaller niche. TEW has a much longer history, dating back to the EW games with EWR having a particularly huge community. Also, it's important to note that at last check, there may be a lot of scenarios out there but most of them are awful.

I think with WMMA, you have a smaller fan base and the vast majority of those are UFC/Strikeforce fans, maybe a decent number follow Bellator. In order to create a solid MMA mod, you kind of have to follow everything. Getting those stats right seems much more important in regards to MMA than pro wrestling. Also, in TEW you don't have to update records, fight histories, and momentum for every wrestler on an update-to-update basis.

The MW and ToS guys do a great job they really do go deep into the MMA world. I'm big on MMA and follow as much as possible but i come across new fighters all the time thanks to MW and ToS.

But it does seem that this versions mod section is much less active than wmma2 was.

WMMA1 had very frequent mods. WMMA2 was more complicated so mods were less frequent. As a result, a lot of people who play RW mods only stopped playing the game entirely. WMMA3 was even more complicated, and I think the effect has been just as bad. I'd be willing to bet a lot of WMMA1 fans don't even know there is a WMMA3 out, or just don't care. The better and more comprehensive the game gets, the more work it's going to take to get mods out.

I think with WMMA, you have a smaller fan base and the vast majority of those are UFC/Strikeforce fans, maybe a decent number follow Bellator. In order to create a solid MMA mod, you kind of have to follow everything. Getting those stats right seems much more important in regards to MMA than pro wrestling. Also, in TEW you don't have to update records, fight histories, and momentum for every wrestler on an update-to-update basis.

I like to think I have a pretty good grasp on MMA outside of ZUFFA/Bellator, which is kind of why I'm throwing my hat in if anybody else is willing to come and help create a new mod.

I could handle a good chunk of MFC, DREAM, KOTC, Tapachi, M-1, Shark Fights, BAMMA, etc.

WMMA1 had very frequent mods. WMMA2 was more complicated so mods were less frequent. As a result, a lot of people who play RW mods only stopped playing the game entirely. WMMA3 was even more complicated, and I think the effect has been just as bad. I'd be willing to bet a lot of WMMA1 fans don't even know there is a WMMA3 out, or just don't care. The better and more comprehensive the game gets, the more work it's going to take to get mods out.

While I agree with everything you said I also have to say that I hope that any future WMMA games continue to be more in depth to improve game quality. The game has room for improvement and instead of being simplified to increase interest I think that the mod maker should be the only thing that's made easy or simplified and that the game itself continues to grow.

While I agree with everything you said I also have to say that I hope that any future WMMA games continue to be more in depth to improve game quality. The game has room for improvement and instead of being simplified to increase interest I think that the mod maker should be the only thing that's made easy or simplified and that the game itself continues to grow.

How does one simplify the mod maker without simplifying the game?

That wasn't a criticism of the game or an expression of my desire to simplify it. That's just a fact about mod making, and yeah, there's no way to simplify the mod maker more than it is.