Big Texas Pro Wrestling (WCWA 87)

Okay after getting a few short games under my belt, I think I've finally got a handle on 2010. So here is the official restart of my World Class game.

As you all know the mid to late 80s was a time of massive change for the world of professional wrestling, especially in America. The WWF was buying up all the top talent, had become a worldwide force instead of a regional member of the NWA and the NWA itself was falling apart. One of its biggest partners World Class Championship Wrestling left in 1986. But this was perhaps just one of many big mistakes Fritz Von Erich, the owner of WCCW would make that would edge his company ever closer to the edge. Realizing that the wrestling world had changed, and was leaving him behind, Fritz made a sudden and unexpected move, he sold his company to Dylan Griffith (name changed to protect my innocence), a millionaire who had both an interest to get into the business and a love for it as well. Dylan reassured Fritz that while the renamed World Class Wrestling Association would see some heavy changes, his sons, the biggest stars of the company had nothing to fear, and would continue to be the focus of the organization.

Dylan choose World Class for a few reasons, first, it had a huge and loyal fan base in the mid south states. Second it had very popular local stars and one of the most exciting men of the era, the eldest Von Erich brothers and Bruiser Brody. However after those two the talent drops off, sure there are future breakout stars in Jim Hellwig and Mark Calaway, and old time greats like Abdullah, but after that there is nobody of note. So Dylan decided to make some cuts:

Al Perez

Bobby Fulton

Lanny Kean

Eli the Eliminator

Frankie Lancaster

Jack Victory

Jeep Swenson

John Tatum

Fabulous Lance

Matt Borne

Mike Bond

Mike Davis

Scott Casey

Shaun Simpson

Spike Huber

Steve Dane

Steve Simpson

Bob Bradley

Tommy Lane

Dylan rescheduled Texas Championship Wrestling to Saturday nights and switched it to an "A" show.

Finally Dylan made some calls, to other promotions, and dozens of workers, its time that Vince started getting a dose of his own medicine.

Archived