TNA: The Turning Point of a Revolution

After realizing I had no clue on how to run WCCW or ROH I decided to give TNA a shot. ======================================================== How could things go any worse? Jerry Jarrett looked at his legal documents and his TV network informatoin. After nearly securing a deal with WGN for some reason it just did not happen. Jerry frustrated is about to tell everyone in TNA that its time to close the doors but he gets a call from Spike TV. This is of course in July when TNA was running its shows on the internet. TNA produce some good Internet TV but fans want to see some TV TV. Jerry decides to enter negotiations with Spike. Fast Forward to December. TNA seizes a hold of Team 3D and Christian and also adds Samoa Joe to there roster who is shaping up to be a huge breakout star. TNA also signs Sting to a fulltime contract. TNA is really turning things around. Where do I fit into all of this? I am just a frustrated Network official from VH1. However I had watched wrestling all my life and even experimented in running my own indy outlet in Texas for 3 years. We ran well but the emotional drain of losing our top worker to a car wreck was too much for me and the fans. We closed doors and I went back to my VH1 job producing shows. However I had connections with TNA's own Sonny Siaki back when I booked him for a Texas Show. He opened up the door and helped me become a TNA booking team member. However Sonny is gone now. But I will never forget what he helped me do. He helped my life and my career get to a TURNING POINT. Its January 1, 2006. Final Resolution is in two weeks. In 28 Days the new seasons begin for all TV Networks and TNA is in need of a two hour time slot plus a B-Show. TNA is starting to experiment with touring the south. It is going to start a tour in Florida and by July make it to California or at least thats what we hope. ========================================================= Day 1: AJ Styles is called into the office by the TNA booking team. D'Amore: AJ how are you doing? AJ: Good Good Douglas: AJ is there anything we can do for you career wise because we have been talking and all must admit that we have kind of given your character a lack of direction lately. AJ: Well the only thing I would like is to see some of my indy buddys come in and see what TNA can do with them. Me: Who do you have in mind AJ? AJ: Matt Sydal and Jimmy Jacobs Me: Alright AJ we will look into bringing them in is there anything else we can do... AJ: Well there is one thing.... *The booking room door closes* =========================== TNA Xplosion! Date: January Week 1 Tuesday Place: Savannah Civic Center, Savannah, GA CRAP I FORGOT ANNOUNCERS Dark Matches: Roderick Strong defeated Cassidy Riley with a Backbreaker in 8 Minutes Rating: C- Andy Douglas defeated Shocker with a Blockbuster in 12 Minutes Rating: C TNA Xplosion starts up with Jeremy Borash backstage. He says that Shane Douglas his backstage partner is no longer with the TNA announcing department he says Shane has come out of retirement and will be wrestling in tonights Main Event with Jeff Jarrett against Christian Cage and AJ Styles! He also announces that the first match will Aries vs. Shelley vs. Sabin vs. Young for the number 1 X Contender Spot. Aries vs. Young vs. Sabin vs. Shelley Adding David Young into the X Division Action is a smart idea in my book. Young is grossly underappreciated and I think that he could benefit from something like this. Aries picked up the win by hitting Shelley with a BRAINBUSTA! Rating: C Time: 20 Minutes Christian and AJ Styles vs. Jarret and Douglas video Time: 2 Minutes Rating: A The New Age Inlaws vs. Konnan and Samoa Joe Konnan has been looking for a partner to take down the Inlaws with he was almost certain Joe would be it but Joe walked out on Konnan in the middle of the match leaving the Inlaws an easy win. Time: 16 Minutes Rating: C+ Cage and Styles cut a promo about the Main Event Time: 2 Minutes Rating: A Cage and Styles vs. Jarret and Douglas Cage and Styles picked up the win in this match with a Unprettier to Jarrett. Rating: B Time: 18 Minutes Cage is celebrating when suddenly AJ attacks him and leaves him layed out in the middle of the ring. Rating: A Time: 2 Minutes Overall: B-

*Did not realize Impact Tapings were on the same day as Xplosion ones on EWR* AJ Styles opens up the show with a picture of Christian from Xplosion's Beatdown. He says that he is tired of every nobody walking into TNA and taking over his spot as the top player. He says that Christian has his chance to prove something at Final Resolution whenever Christian has his match against Jarrett. Rating: A Time: 4 Minutes Jerelle Clark and Sonjay Dutt vs. Skipper and Diamond (Diamonds in the Rough) The Diamonds are really evolving as a tag team. Skipper and Diamond finish it up with a Double Spinebuster onto Jerelle. Rating: B- Time: 14 Minutes After the match Skipper and Diamond get on the mic. They say that they should be the premiere tag team in TNA and not AMW or Team 3-D. They tell the fans that as of right now the Diamonds in the Rough are entered into the Tag Team Title Ladder match at Final Resolution. Rating: B- Time: 3 Minutes Lance Hoyt vs. Bobby Roode Roode nails Hoyt with a Canadian Lariat for the win. Roode looks to be put into a well deserved push not to take anything away from Hoyt. Rating: C Time: 12 Minutes BG James is shown talking backstage with Kip in a rather serious manner. Rating: C Time: 1 Minute Kip James vs. A-1 Kip gets the win with a Famouser at the 3 minute mark. Nothing special but the fans were chanting two letters some may have forgotten about. Rating: C+ Time: 5 Minutes Sean Waltman vs. Chris Daniels This match was really what some would call a unique matchup. Daniels and Waltman really had some chemistry in this match. Waltman finnaly ended the match with a top rope X Factor. The fans got into the match pretty good. Rating: B Time: 21 Minutes B- It says it might have hurt our popularity... HOW? Konnan has signed a deal with AAA Wrestling to become head booker (DIE ANTONIO PENA THAT JUST KILLED MY WHOLE STORYLINE). After much talk I have convinced Sonny to come back to TNA for a huge push. See what happens this week on IMPACT! TNA Final Resolution Preview: Jeff Jarrett vs. Christian Cage Raven vs. His Past Match 3 Kip James, BG James and ???? vs. The 3 Konnan passes the torch too Diamonds vs. Team 3-D vs. AMW TNA has come to terms with Matt Sydal. He has signed a TNA contract and will be used on Xplosion this week against Alex Shelley. Sydal is a standout indy star and its an honor to have him. TNA Xplosion Lineup Konnan passes the torch to take down the New Age Inlaws Sydal vs. Shelley New Age Inlaws vs. the Naturals STINGS IN RING RETURN against Ron Killings

Archived