My First WWF 1989 Game!

This is my first real game, and I'm going to be using the No Holds Barred mod. This period of time was actually the time I really started watching and following wrestling, so I remember it pretty fondly.

I'm going to be proceeding with the real life storylines that were going on around that time and slowly transitioning into my own stories. My Survivor Series is likely going to be very similar (I'm keeping all the captains and names), with a few people switched around.

My first weekend of shows, I'm going to stick as closely as possible to the format of the originals (lots of jobber squashes), although I only really have 4 real jobbers: Barry Horowitz, Brooklyn Brawler, and the Young Stallions, so I may have to use some low midcard types like Koko and the Bolsheviks as jobbers. I'll throw in a midcard main event on Superstars as well.

With that in mind, some backstory:

Summerslam 89 has just happened. The Ultimate Warrior won back the Intercontinental Title from Ravishing Rick Rude after Rowdy Roddy Piper provided a distraction showing he was, indeed, a True Scotsman. And in the main event, Hulk Hogan and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake beat "Macho Man" Randy Savage and Zeus, the "Human Wrecking Machine" in a match that saw lots of interference from "Sensational" Sherri and her loaded purse, as well as the presence of Macho's former main squeeze, Miss Elizabeth. In the end, it took a purse shot to the head for Hogan to get the 3 on the nigh-invincible Zeus, who had on previos dates shrugged off chair shots like nothing.

The current feuds we have going into the story:

The Brain Busters are the current Tag Team Champions, having taken the titles from Demolition with the help of Heenan Family member Andre the Giant and a chair. Demolition are out for revenge and to get their title back.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts is currently in posession of "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Belt, having stolen it from DiBiase. DiBiase and his bodyguard Virgil have had plenty of opportunity to get the belt back, but neither can seem to sum up the courage to take the belt from its current "guardian" Damian the python.

"Rugged" Ronnie Garvin has been reinstated from his forced "retirement" by Greg "The Hammer" Valentine after using his positions as ring announcer and referee to make The Hammer's life hell.

Hulk Hogan has been having a lot of problems with his "No Holds Barred" enemy Zeus, "The Human Wrecking Machine" in a rivalry that has stepped straight off the silver screen and into the real life wrestling ring! While Hogan got the better of his rival at SummerSlam, it was by no means decisive, and a sign that this war will continue.

Former "Strike Force" partners Tito Santana and Rick Martel have become bitter enemies since Martel walked out on Santana, leaving him to the tender mercies of the Brain Busters.

"Ravishing" Rick Rude recently lost his Intercontinental Championship to The Ultimate Warrior, and blames Rowdy Roddy Piper. What do Rude and his devious manager, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan have up their sleeve for revenge?

Having vanquished "Ravishing" Rick Rude, The Ultimate Warrior has found himself at war with the rest of The Heenan Family. All eyes turn to Bobby "The Brain" Heenan's crown jewel, Andre The Giant, as it seems like this will be the final challenge for the Warrior to overcome in this war.

This weekend on WWF Superstars!!

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine in action!

The Hart Foundation in tag team action!

Brother Love's special guest: Rowdy Roddy Piper!

And in our main event, two former Intercontinental Champions collide as The Honky Tonk Man takes on Tito Santana!

Special bonus event for the local crowd in Asheville, NC (dark match)

"Ravishing" Rick Rude vs Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake

Archived