NCFA Under New Management - Hiring Coaching

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

2024 is coming to a close. We have about 15 good coaches. Always willing to add more no matter what your experience is.

I know this game is old but Sim Gaming Network is a good group of people and we have other text sim games as well...so come on down.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

<p>Thumbs Down</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#000080;">I enjoyed my first few seasons in this league before I left a few years ago but I cannot recommend it. Not a good experience at all - with some rude coaches that I have zero interest in being in any leagues with again and some very questionable decisions by the former Commish that ruined it. The Desert Doppler is the best thing about it. Too bad Matt doesn't bring his excellent writing talents to better BBCF leagues like the CFA ( </span><a href="http://www.bigleaguesports.net/" rel="external nofollow"><span style="color:#000080;">http://www.bigleaguesports.net/</span></a><span style="color:#000080;"> ) or ACFA (</span><a href="http://www.theacfa.org/" rel="external nofollow"><span style="color:#000080;">http://www.theacfa.org/</span></a><span style="color:#000080;"> )</span></p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I would just invite everyone interested to check out our forums and see for yourself if there are "mean and rude" owners. It's not perfect, nor is any league I've ever been in, but I don't recall any politics or infighting over the seven or eight seasons I've been a part of. </p><p>

.</p>

<p>Sorry, I have to step in in defense of a league I love here. FBPro was a great owner during his time here and it's too bad he departed on such sour terms, and it's really too bad he's still bitter over it nearly four years later...</p><p> </p><p>

But as long as we're being clear...</p><p> </p><p>

Many seasons ago he was about to miss Recruiting 1 and requested a delay several hours before the sim's scheduled run. When the delay wasn't granted and the sim proceeded according to schedule -- a policy that had already been set -- he became extremely upset and left the league.</p><p> </p><p>

I guess back in those days, we all tended to care a little more about missing recruiting sims. In the time since then, though, there hasn't been any drama, recruiting or otherwise.</p>

<p>In a busy world sometimes things happen in online leagues. We still have about 15 dedicated owners and the Desert Doppler is still going strong.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyone interested recruiting for the 2028 season is upon us.</p>

<p><span style="color:#000080;">Yes I asked for a delay of a couple hours for the first recruiting Sim because I was stuck at my work forced to work OT and I needed to do the export from my home PC. It was a tough time in the economy and people around me were getting axed left and right. I could not risk losing my job to rush home for a video game export. The request to delay the Sim those few hours was not granted. That would have been one thing - but the fact that a few rude owners decided to pile on after the fact simply because I even </span><span style="color:#000080;"><em>requested</em></span><span style="color:#000080;"> a couple hours worth of delay was a major turn off. </span></p><p><span style="color:#000080;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#000080;">

The season before the Commish had absolutely no problem discarding and then re-Simming the Recruiting week 1 because one angry coach FORGOT to export - and that re-Sim screwed up several other coach's recruiting. </span></p><p><span style="color:#000080;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#000080;">

Politics.</span></p><p><span style="color:#000080;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#000080;">

The Desert Doppler was the best thing about the NCFA.</span></p>

<p>When you posted the request, your fellow GMs were quite sympathetic. When the sim happened anyway and you posted an extremely sour retort, you were rebuked, unsurprisingly.</p><p> </p><p>

The no-resim policy, if I recall, was put in place by this Commish from 4 years ago precisely because the previous year the decision was botched. The same would have gone for anyone who missed it. I've missed more than one Recruiting 1, I'm sure.</p><p> </p><p>

And now it's really time to let bygones be bygones. Don't you think?</p>

Archived