Do I Just Suck, or am I doing something wrong?

I still don't have the full game because I'm short on cash at the moment, so I've been spending the last few days trying out this game through the demo version. The first time I choose this Acid character, and boy I really sucked. I got my ass beat in every match I was in. So then I created another game, but this time I went into Acid's stats and I made him really strong and stuff, I basically put all his wrestling stats at 100%. Now I'm in matches and still getting my ass kicked. I gave Acid a great set of moves, and even tried switching a few of them hear and there, but it still not working. Then I tried giving Acid the same moveset of the guys that are beating me, and that doesn't work either. My moves are continuousy being reversed or countered, even then smallest basic moves. And when I try to do a reversal or counter of my own, it never works. I click on Break, Escape, Avoid, pretty much everything and nothing seems to work. So I'm stuck here clicking on all these different options without being able to help the fact that my guy is getting pummeled. Adam I really like this game, but I'm not too sure how realistic the AI of it is. Or if its just me doing something wrong, then someone please tell me.

It takes a little while for one to learn which moves can be countered by what and which moves are best to use. Sure the AI player will pull off a string of moves in a row but so can you. If every counter worked every time, the game would be pointless. Just keep trying and familiarize yourself with how your opponent likes to attack and where his weak spots might be. The help files also help you understand the game in more detail.

Remember, it takes two Blocks or one Break to switch momentum in a match, and some moves are easier to block than they are to avoid or break and vice-versa. Also keep in mind the level of the move you're trying to counter and the level of the move you're trying to use as a counter. You're very unlikely to counter a high level move with a Low level one.

these are my general assumptions: block - best used by technical wrestlers break - best used by powerful wrestlers avoid - best used by speedy wrestlers You will get a feel for which moves you can slip out of, which are best blocked etc etc. It just takes a lot of practice on your part to learn your character and how the moves seem to work.

FROM THE HELP FILE: There are seven types of normal counter. They are below, written [B]in order of power - the first item being the most likely to cause the attacker's choice to fail[/B]. Rope Break \ Escape - A rope break (it will be changed to "escape" if there are no ropes available) will stop the attack, but control will remain with the attacking wrestler. Block - A block will stop the attacker's move from completing, but the attacker will remain in control, although he will not be able to go for the blocked move again next turn. Two blocks in a row will allow the defending wrestler to go on the attack. Slip Out - Slipping out of a move will allow the defending wrestler to go on the attack. It will also usually result in him getting behind the opponent. Avoid - Avoiding a move allows the defending wrestler to become the attacker. Also, some moves can cause pain to the attacker if avoided, so this counter may also hurt the opponent. Fall On Top - Falling on top not only allows the defender to become the attacker, but it also results in him getting a pinfall attempt on the opponent (unless the match has no pinfalls, in which case it is ignored). Break - Breaking a move allows the defender to take control of the match. Rush - Rushing forward allows the defender to suddenly take control of the match. As mentioned above, [B]if you select a counter move, it will only be attempted if the attacker's choice fails[/B]. However, if the move does get attempted, there is a slightly higher chance of it being successful than if it was attempted as a regular attacking move - this is because the opponent is slightly stunned from missing his attack.

Archived