Road to Glory Challenge

Yes, and they close within the 1st year they're open too. Yeah, and if I had played that out and gotten a >53 psych, that would have ended my game quickly too. The 35's I got were never going to be close to a problem even at Local/Small (Safety, Toughness, and Basics). Really easy goals. 53 on most everything else at Regional or above (excluding Entertainment skills or individual top row skills which I've never seen) shouldn't be too difficult and at National or better if developmental guys wouldn't count would be easy. That could kill your developmental guys at times.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>So 2011 is done. Let's see how I'm doing.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i54.tinypic.com/148tpg.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

And my roll was 23. So I'm assuming I follow the same formula for him. (100 in Reputation and Resilience. Same with the performance points.) So meet brother of Hunter Frost. Jonathan Frost! yay woo okay</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i52.tinypic.com/34i3clu.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

Making him a face. Frost Vs. Frost matches every event.</p>

Well, here's The Templar after 3 years. 2011 saw me roll to earn Kammy Ling's loyalty, 2012 saw me gain a 15 point popularity increase throughout the US, and 2013 saw me gain 15 points to refereeing. He's developing pretty well so far, but it pains me to say that his consistency has topped out at the amazing score of 44. It's been there for over a year now, and I have to watch it stay stagnant while he makes great strides in most other areas.

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae141/coco_beans08/thetemplar.jpg

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae141/coco_beans08/thetemplar2.jpg

Gave up on this for a bit because apparently between the promotions in mexico almost every worker had been used just enough to make just about everyone cost 400+

Didnt think id be able to manage surviving more than a year on the 100k you start with but then I looked at the sponsorship and saw that it gave me ALOT(I THINK it was like 12k). Needless to say I was happy. Actually gonna try now. Im hoping I can hit regional before Sam Strong retires and then take USPW.

Edit: and by a bit I mean apparently only 3 days. Wow my giving up didnt last long xD

Gave up on this for a bit because apparently between the promotions in mexico almost every worker had been used just enough to make just about everyone cost 400+

Didnt think id be able to manage surviving more than a year on the 100k you start with but then I looked at the sponsorship and saw that it gave me ALOT(I THINK it was like 12k). Needless to say I was happy. Actually gonna try now. Im hoping I can hit regional before Sam Strong retires and then take USPW.

Edit: and by a bit I mean apparently only 3 days. Wow my giving up didnt last long xD

100k?

You mean 1k right?

Yikes, what happened to your reputation? I thought that started out at 100.

Whoah, thanks for pointing that out. It turns out I left it at 0 to start. I should go in and edit that...

Just finished year 2. My promotions now at small, with 18 pop in the Mid South and just over 125k in the bank. I've also started a new tag team involving my user character, after discovering he has great chemistry when teaming with Nigel Svensson. Speaking of my User Character, here are his stats as of W1 January 2012: http://ScrnSht.com/qdzqeu

Time for my roll... and I got a 3, which is... excellent. +20 top row skills! <-- This is fantastic news.

Just to clarify; for the rolls that are '+5 in skill', is it 5 points between the area or 5 for each skill. I assumed the former, but I've seen people using the latter... I just wanted to make sure I'm not short changing myself haha.

I did where it was 5 points between the area, but there hasn't been an "official statement" regarding it yet as far as I know

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c33/DerekB83/RTG.png

After having started a recent 0/0/0/0 game I quickly got bored and decided to give this a try... I'm playing a South UK based promotion with Jamie Anderson as my owner (pre-set) since he is both a veteran and has owner ability without being so popular he'll break the bank... though at $500 per show he's still not the greatest owner I could have. My promotion is...

KEY: Traditional

MEDIUM: Mainstream, Realism

LOW OR LOWER: EVerything else. :p

I made a couple of minor changes to the gameworld before I started as a bit of an experiment... Jef Nova has been changed to an active wrestler, though is still exclusive to 21CW. Taking his place as colour commentator is Melanie Florence. 21CW always seem to die in my long term games so I'm hoping this ensures they survive, with Nova's popularity rubbing off on others and boosting ratings across the board. Hopefully. :) Meanwhile, I'll be doing some good work and actually saving UK wrestling from underneath, making the stars 21CW will probably never sign. Hopefully they don't declare war on me, that might hurt badly in the long term.

So... here goes! :)

EDIT: Owner goals are funny... must not be in debt in 2 years... must be more popular in 2 years... 35 charisma or more for 2 years... no spot monkeys for 22 months... I think I can achieve that, though the charisma goal is probably going to be the hardest one. :)

EDIT: Darn it, he also added a 35 athleticism goal after I made my first batch of signings... this might be harder than I thought, it's been a while since I played the UK properly and people want a lot more than I'm willing to give them to come across from Europe. Flights can't be that expensive, surely?

So what do we do if we find ourselves unemployed? Game over? Sim?

Is that cheap?

Try some of the feds around the same level as you were or below (you can go up 1 level max but anything lower than what you were is fair game) and see if they have the owner as booker and apply there. Either that or wait for a new fed to open/fed to fall a level as they usually fire the booker.

Try some of the feds around the same level as you were or below (you can go up 1 level max but anything lower than what you were is fair game) and see if they have the owner as booker and apply there. Either that or wait for a new fed to open/fed to fall a level as they usually fire the booker.

Everything's full. Would simming and waiting for a new position be cheap?

Archived