4 Corners of Chaos: WCW

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z436/rvdjrv2012/EWR_net5.jpg

The month of march saw several new faces who have since made a huge impact in WCW. MArch also saw the last episode of MAin Event which during week 4 was replaced by the debuting Thunder.

Week 1

Nitro

Steve Austin def Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko and Brian Pillman to Win the US Title in 4-way dance

The Nasty Boys def The Rock N Roll Exprtess to retain the Tag Titles

Rick Rude dumps The Smoking Gunns as his clients

Randy Savage/The Black Scorpion def The Rockers

MAin Event

Paul Bearer promises the end of The Undertaker

The Black Scorpion def The Undertaker

Week 2

Nitro

Steve Austin def Shane Douglas and Chris Benoit in Triangle match to retain the US TItle

JJ Dillon and Lex Luger make the main event a title match

HHH debuts after leaving the WWF

Shawn Michaels def Lex Luger to retain the World Title

MAin Event

The Undertaker def Abdullah The Butcher

Week 3

Nitro

Shane Douglas drew with Steve Austin in a US Title match

HHH def Dean MAlenko in his in ring debut

HBK talks about Rick Rude

LEx Luger def Dory Funk jr after the match Tully Blanchard and JJ DIllon join in on beating Dory when from the crowd TErry Funk returns to WCW to save his brother

Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker def The Great Nita and Rick Rude

Main Event

Mr. T announces the signing of his new client Ray Gonzalez

Terry Funk def Big Bubba Rogers in his in ring debut

The Great Nita def Tiger MAsk

Week 4

Nitro

Terry Funk def Chris Benoit

TDL talk smack at the Funk Bros

Shawn Michaels def The Great Nita

Thunder

The Black Scorpion def The Undertaker

The Undertaker challenges The GReat Nita to a Buried Alive match at Uncensored

Funk Brother cut a promo on TDL

TErry Funk def Shawn Michaels and LEx Luger in a 4-way dance

Uncensored

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z436/rvdjrv2012/WCWUncensored.jpg

the pre-show saw The Black Scorpion win a Battle Royal C

HHH def Steve Austin, Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman in a Four Way Dance to win the US Title B-

Shane Douglas cut a promo about everything he hates B+

The Nasty Boys , The Pittbulls and The Public Enemy wrestled to a draw after the match got to chaotic for the referee to maintain order D

Missy Hyatt cut a promo that went over like a fart in church D+

Chavo Guerrero def Jushin Liger to win the Cruiserweight Title C+

The Black Scorpion cut a promo about the coming changes to pro wrestling B

Lex Luger and Tully Blanchard def The Funk Bros B

TDL cut a promo after the match declaring them far superior to the Funk brothers C

The Great Nita def The Undertaker in a buried alive match after interference by the other members of the Era of Evil B

After the match a lightning bolt struck the tombstone and The Undertakers hand rose up from the grave C+

Rick Rude def Shawn Michaels to win the World Title after The Ravishing Males made their debut and attacked HBK B

Final Rating B-

WCW was pleased to welcome

Terry Funk

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

MR Fuji

MR Pogo

New Jack

WCW also resigned Jado to an exclusive contract.

WCW has wished Mil Mascaras the best of luck in his future endeavors. There is reportedly some major heat between Mil and booker Jason Danielson.

• 3 weeks later...

The month of April saw a shocking development come out of WCW as the company fell from its perch of being an international all the way down to a cult company as they public finally had enough of the shows they were getting wanting a different style...Immediatly after the fall a board meeting was called and WCW changed their product almost to an unrecognizabloe state to wht it had been since that day WCW has effectivly been climbing back up the mountain and may even rerach a higher plateau after the board mandated 6 month colling off period has ended....WCW has gone back to its roots and has been focusing on its strengths one of the most talented rosters in the world making the fans appreciate the in ring action and it has been a very good thing as attendences and tv rating are on the rise...Some would say the efftects would not be truely felt until the month of may but that is getting ahead of the story.....This month also saw an action that could have had serious legal rmaifications for one of WCW's more over talnets as Steve Austin was caught in posseiosn of illegal steroids the matter was handled internally and thankfully for WCW no chjarges were filed against the former WCW US Champion.

Week 1

Nitro

Rick Rude officialy Introduces The Ravishing MAles as his clients

Ravishing MAles def Dan Severn and JYD in their in ring debuts

Shane Douglas pins Shawn Michaels Clean

New JAck makes his debut during an Era Of Evil Promo

Rick Rude def Terry Funk to retain the world title

Thunder

New JKAck def Sabu in a hardcore match in his in ring debut

Randy Savage cut a promo on Terry Funk

JJ Dillon reinstates Bobby Heenan as a manager

Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit wrestle to a time limit draw

Week 2

Nitro

Randy Savage def The Black Scorpion and Steve Austin in a 3-way dance

New Jack def Abdullah in a Hardcore match

The Heenan Family cuts a promo which goes over so badly it is the first last and only time they are seen together as a unit

Shawn Michaels and Tery funk def Rick Rude and Lex Luger

Thunder

Bobby Heenan debuts The Giant as his newest client

Gorilla Monsoon reinstates the 6-man tag title

Randy Savage def Terry Funk

Week 3

Nitro

Rick Rude/The Giant/The GReat Nita/LEx Luger/Randy Savage def New Jack/Shawn Michaels/TErry Funk/Steve Austin/Dean MAlneko

Thunder

Shawn Michaels def Shawen DOuglas and Chris Benoit

Randy SAvage def New JAck

Terry Funk def The Giant

Rick Rude joins in on a post matchy beatdown alligning himself with Heenan

Week 4

Nitro

Chris Benoit def Dean MAlneko in a submission match

Terry Funk def The GReat Nita

Shawn Michaels and LEx Luger, Randy Savage and The Giant wrestled to draw after the referee lost control of the contest

Thunder

Randy SAvage def Steve Austin, NEw JAck and The Great Nita

The Giant and Rick Rude def TErry Funk and Shawn Michaels

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z436/rvdjrv2012/WCWSpringStampede2.jpg

Spring Stampede

Randy Savage won the pre Show Battle Royal B-

HHH def Steve Austin to retain the US TItle B-

Shawn Michaels cut a promo on his upcoming match against the giant B

Chris BEnoit and The NAsty Boys def Dean MAlenko and The Pitbulls C-

After the match Chris Benoit saved MAlenko form a 3-1 beatdown and turned face to delight of the crowd C

Dory Funk jr def LEx Luger D+

The Ravishing MAles def MArty JAnnetty and Jushin Liger C+

Rick Rude and Bobby Heenan cut a promo with The Giant standing menacingly in the background B-

The Great Nita def New Jack in a hardcpre match C

The BLack Scorpion cut a promo B

Shawn Michaels def The Giant to earn the numer one contendership C

Shane DOuglas cut a promo boasting about his skills B+

Rick Rude def Terry Funk to retain the WCW WOrld Title B-

Final Rating: B-

WCW was pleased to welcome The Giant and Sable as both signed contracts with WCW. Bill Alfonso also signed a long term extension with WCW

WCW wished Missy Hyatt the best in her future endeavors after she asked for her release after she was apart of the Heenan Family angle that went terribly.

The month of May was seen as a month of change for WCW who was treading on thin ice with the networks after there drop to cult. It came during the second week of the month that MTV was cancelling Thunder despite strong ratings not wnating to be assocoated with the company after the Steve Austin incident and the fall to cult. AS the month drew to a close it seemed inevitable that WCW would lose all forms of TV as Nitro was on thin ice with the TNT heads. The month saw some of the best wrestling of the 4 corners era from WCW. The wuestion now became what would WCW do when the hammer came down from TNT and Nitro was cancelled....

Week 1

Nitro

The Giant def Dean MAlneko

New JAck def The Great Nita

After the match the rest of the Era of Evil descended upon New JAck until the lights went out....when the lights came back on every member of The Era OF Evil except Nita was on the ground unconscious and The Undertaker stood face to face with Nita.

Randy Savage def Shawn Michaels,Rick Rude and Chris Benoit in a non title match

Thunder

Randy Savage def LEx Luger and Chris Benoit

The Undertaker and NEw JAck def The Era OF Evil in a handicap match

Shawn Michaels def Shane Douglas,Terry Funk and Rick Rude in a non-title match

Week 2

Nitro

The Black Scorpion fought to a draw with Terry Funk

MAsato Tanaka def Lex Luger and Randy Savage

The Undertaker def NEw JAck,Sabu and The Great Nita

Shawn Michaels def Shane Douglas

Week 3

Nitro

The Giant def Badd Funk and MArty JAnnetty in a handicap match

Shane Douglas cuts a shoot promo on ECW

Randy Savage challenges Terry Funk to loser leaves town match and Terry accepts

The Undertaker def Abdullah/Sabu in a handicap match

Randy Savage def Shawn Michaels,Terry Funk and The Black Scorpion

Week 4

Nitro

The Giant def New JAck

The Undertaker def LEx Luger

Rockers def The Ravishing MAles and Rick Rude in a handicap match

As per the stipulations of the previos match Shawn Michaels was able to pick the stipulations for the title match at Slamboree and Choose a Career vs Career match inside a Steel Cage with the title on the line

Terry Funk def Randy SAvage in a Loser LEaves Town MAtch

After the match Randy Savage is forribly removed from the building by Bruno Sammartino

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z436/rvdjrv2012/WCWSlamboree.jpg

Slamboree 96

the pre show saw two matches

Mr. Wrtestling 5 def NEw JAck C+

The Assassins/The Ravishing MAles and Brian Pillman def Badd FUnk/The ROck 'n Roll Express and Dean MaLenko C-

Shane DOuglas def Steve Austin,Sabu and The BLack Scorpion to retain the TV title C+

Tully BLanchard and Lex Luger def The Funk Bros after Tery Funk turned on his brother Dory B-

The BLack Scorpion cut a promo B+

MAsahiro Chono def Jushin Liger and MAsato Tanaka B-

The Pitbulls def The NASty BOys to win the WCW world Tag Titles C-

Roddy Piper made his WCW debut as a member of the championship commitee C+

HHH def Chris Benoit to retain the US TITle C

The Undertaker def The Great Nita in a Steel Asylum match B

After the match The Giant rushed the cage ripping the door off and destroys the Undertaker B-

Shawn Michaels def Rick Rude to win the WCW WOrld title for the third time and ends the in ring career of Rick Rude B+

Final Rating:B

The month of May saw WCW welcome CW Anderson and Roddy Piper, Rene Goulet also signed a long term extension.

The month of June was even more shocking as for the first time since the companies inception WCW found itself without any weekly TV shows as the TNT heads finally cancelled Nitro..It came as no surprise to Jason Danielson and his staff who were already prepared for the change after the final episode of Nitro aired on week 1 it was announced that starting that Thursday Nitro would become a PPV event airing live every week. It came as a shock to some however a reduced rate and monthly purchase plan made it easier for fans around the world. Another shocker came down when Time Warner Cable announced they would no longer Air nitro weekly WCW was prepared and quickly announced a Deal with Setanta Sports to begin airing the event in the US. It also began this month that both the AWA and TNA had reached working agreements with WCW allowing the companies unprecedented to access to each others roster. I t was seen quickly with the arrivals of Rey Mysterio and Ultimo Dragon from AWA and Chris JEricho and Christian Cage form TNA with more rumoured to be participating in the Super J Cup. The best match from WCW during the 4 corners era happened between Terry Funk and AWA superstar Rey Mysterio JR who achieved an A rated match at the Great American Bash only time will tell if it can hold on and be the match of the year. Things were finally beginning to look up for WCW and now we begin the current era and are now caught up to live broadcast with Nitro.

Week 1

Nitro TV

The Black Scorpion def Steve Austin in round 1 of the International Title Tournament

The Powers of Pain def The Rock n' Roll Express after the match The Powers beat down the Express to the point of being taken out on stretchers

Terry Funk cut a promo on Shawn Michaels

MAsahiro Chono def Chris Benoit

Shawn Michaels def Brian Pillman

Berlyn debuts interupting Roddy Piper

The Undertaker def Terry Funk

KAne debuts and destroys The Undertaker

Nitro PPV

Chris BEnoit def Brian Pillman in round 1 of the International Title tournament

Shane Douglas cuts a promo on TNA

Tatsumi Fujinami def The Great Nita In rnd 1 of the International Title Tournament

Berlyn def Dean MAlenko in his in ring debut

The Undertaker def The Giant in a casket match

After the match KAne came out and along with The Giant stuffed The Undertaker in the Casket and set it on fire

Shawn Michaels def MAsahiro Chono to retain the World Title

Week 2

Nitro PPV

Negro Casas def Dean MAlenko in round 1 of the internation title tournament

Scott Hall came out of the crowd and issued an open challenge to anyone in WCW

Scott Hall def Steve Austin

DDP def Shane DOuglas, Jushin Liger and The BLack Scorpion in 4-way dance

DDP cut a promo defending TNA as a respectable wrestling company

Kane def Badd Funk in a handicap match

Berlyn def Juventud Guerrera in his in ring debut

Terry Funk had a dueling words match with Shawn Michaels

Terry Funk and LEx Luger def Thge Rockers

Week 3

Nitro PPV

The BLack Scorpion def Tatsumi Fujinami in round 2 of the International Title Tournament

KAne and THe Giant now referred to as Destruction Inc def Badd Funk

The Hardy BOyz def The Public Enemy in their in ring debut

Shane Douglas def New JAck to retain the TV TItle

Shane DOuglas cut a promo on DDP

MR WRestling 5 def Dean Malenko in his in ring debut

Terry Funk and Scott Hall challenge Shawn Michaels to find a partner for the main event...Shawn Michaels brings out AWA superstar Rey Mysterio Jr.

Shawn Michaels and Rey Mysterio Jr. def TErry Funk and Scott Hall

Week 4

Nitro PPV

Chris Benoit def Negro Casas in the 2nd round of the International Championship

Destruction INC. def Octagon,AL SNow,LA PArka,Blitzkreig in a handicap match

Ultimo Dragon def MArty Jannetty to qualify for the 1996 Super J Cup

The Hardy Boyz def The Powers Of Pain

TErry Funk and Shawn Michaels once have a verbal duel

The Black Scorpion def Terry Funk,Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin in 4-way dance

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z436/rvdjrv2012/WCWTheGreatAmericanBash.jpg

The Great American Bash

The Pre Show saw

The Hardy Boyz def The Nasty Boys C

Berlyn def Jushin Liger C+

The Black Scorpion def Chris Benoit to win the International Title Tournament B

Brian Pillman def Hayabusa in round 1 of the Super J Cup C+

Roddy Piper cut a promo B-

Chris Jericho def Juventud Guerrera, Christian Cage and Ultimo Dragon in a Super J Cup Preview match B

Mr Wrestling 5 def Tatsumi Fujinami C

Paul Ellering debuts as MR Wrestling's new manager D+

DDP def HHH to win the US TItle B-

Magnum TA announces the Hardy Boyz as his newest clients

Terry Funk def Rey Mysterio A

Terry Funk cuts a post match promo on HBK B-

Shawn Michaels def Scott Hall to retain the WCW WORld TItle B+

Final Rating: B

WCW was pleased to welcome the following talents Konnan, Juventud Guerrera, Nick Patrick, Diamond Dallas Page, Perry Saturn, Silver King and Jimmy Del Ray.

WCW also wished several talents the best in their future endeavors Bushwacker Luke and Butch, Dan Severn , The Rock n' Roll Express, JAguar Yakota, The Junkyard Dog and Konnan who walked off the job after the signing of Juventud Guerrera as the two have massive heat with each other.

No mention of D*ck Flair in the WWF?

I'm midly offended :p

somebody must have have miised shanes promo from january for you ill repost it

The camera cuts to the WCW interview stage as we hear the familiar strains of Deep Purple’s Perfect Strangers. Out from the locker room comes Shane Douglas strutting like he is the man in WCW.

Douglas: All of you miserable Kentucky mountain side hillbillies have never seen a specimen like the Franchise. And you want to know something the WCW locker room has never seen anyone quite like me. I look around the locker room and do you know what i see a bunch of wannabes with a few exception I see people like Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman and i see the future of wrestling then I look and see the has beens like the Junkyard Dog and Mil Mascaras and I wonder where all the talent went and you know what i realize they all ran scared when The Franchise joined WCW the chumps like The Nature Boy Dick i mean Ric Flair and realize that I single handidly chased him his dingle-berry Arn Anderson all the way to that Bush League up north and now I am the man in WCW and in time I will bring about a REVOLUTION in WCW and I will one day proudly wear the same title that true legends like Ricky Steamboat and Harley Race and Jack Brisco all held and bring some honour back to WCW.

With that Shane dropped the mic and proceeded towards toward the ring for his match.

Shane Douglas Promo B

While I'd hardly call the only Global wrestling promotion "the bush league up north", it's good to see that Shane Douglas is still the same. He's always been a favorite of mine (we are from the same hometown...well he's from a suburb)...hmmm, wonder if he'd like to join "the bush leagues" when his WCW contract mercifully runs out :p

While I'd hardly call the only Global wrestling promotion "the bush league up north", it's good to see that Shane Douglas is still the same. He's always been a favorite of mine (we are from the same hometown...well he's from a suburb)...hmmm, wonder if he'd like to join "the bush leagues" when his WCW contract mercifully runs out :p

The franchise will be staying in The Real Wrestling Organization WCW..and as for being the only Global promotion that may be true for now but trust me your days on top are numbered

Archived