Real coaches

Ok, here's my real names coach's file. There were a couple of guys that I couldn't find hometowns for and some of the records may be a little off as wikipedia had some errors that I tried to catch. Ages were also hard to come by for some of the coaches but I was able to get relatively close on the ones I couldn't find (would take their graduating year as 22 years old and added the years since). Hope you guys enjoy...I will likely look at going back in and editing ratings at some point to be more in line with real life but this was more than enough work for me as it stands.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PPOX2PUY

• 2 months later...

1) Run the game and then go to tools

2) Click coach file editor

3) Click the open folder button. This will open the folder where the coach file must be placed.

4) Download the above file and place it in this folder

5) Start a new game and select "RealCoaches" under the dropdown box next to "Use existing coach file"

This was still not working correctly for me either.

Using that same RealCoaches file.

The issue is First Names where there is a nickname in there.

Example: James "Bruiser"

Game doesn't seem to like the " " in that first name.

I removed both of those and now file is working correctly.

Nicknames Removed:

- Flint, James "Bruiser"

- Mitchell, Ron "Fang"

It will work if you just remove the " " around the nickname.

Yep. You'd have to start a new league.

Or go thru each team in your current one and change all the coaches names.

P.S.

I've been thinking of doing a "historical coaches" type of file.

For example Bobby Knight would be coach at Indiana and John Wooden at UCLA.

Then start them all out at around 35 years of age and see what happens.

1) Run the game and then go to tools

2) Click coach file editor

3) Click the open folder button. This will open the folder where the coach file must be placed.

4) Download the above file and place it in this folder

5) Start a new game and select "RealCoaches" under the dropdown box next to "Use existing coach file"

I followed these instructions as best I could, but I still can't get it to work. When I click on "Use existing coach file", I still get "no" as the only choice. I am running Windows 7, and version 2.2.29 of the game. When the folder opens, it is a windows excel spreadsheet. I am running microsoft office 2007, if that makes a difference. Any insight would help a ton. :)

Did you fix those two nicknames from my post above?

Yes. I tried to install it both ways (with and without the "nicknames"). I click on Coach Files, and notice that there are no files listed under available files. I click on Open Folder, and see that the RealCoaches.cf2(1) file is there. When I start a new game, I only have the 'no' option available when I click on the Use existing coach file dropdown menu.

I notice that on the Player files that a button exists that says 'import csv', which I click on and the RealCoaches.cf2(1) file shows up. When I click on 'import', I get a "Run-time error '11': Division by zero error.

:confused:

"RealCoaches.cf2(1)"

That's your issue right there. The (1) at the end of the file name.

Change that to read:

RealCoaches.cf2.csv

Looks like you have the global setting for showing file extensions turned off with your OS. Which isn't a problem.

In your case, you would just need to delete the (1) after the file name, so the file name is just "RealCoaches.cf2". Then make sure it's still a csv file extension, and you should be good to go.

If you want to rename the file, only the "RealCoaches" part can be changed. Still has to have the ".cf2.csv" at the end. Althou, the (1) came from your OS or email adding that on it's own.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have this installed in my current game but I can't find the download file anywhere on my computer. I guess I deleted it. If anyone knows of any way I could export the file, or somehow get it back to the file I downloaded before I installed it, then I would be happy to upload it.

• 2 years later...
I know this isn't the most frequented forum on here these days, but it's March and I'm getting the itch to give this a go again. Could some kind soul please upload a coach file? Even if it's from 2010!, updating from that point in time is a heck of a lot easier than starting from scratch! Thanks in advance.

Archived