Marvel Bronze Age Mod Announcement

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32668" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>... but any feedback would be appreciated.<p> ...</p></div></blockquote><p> Fun mod. Only difference I would recommend so far, your punisher is a wild card, and tries to murder people like Mary Jane Watson. I would recommend anti-hero, but I havent tested this yet.</p>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun mod. Only difference I would recommend so far, your punisher is a wild card, and tries to murder people like Mary Jane Watson. I would recommend anti-hero, but I havent tested this yet.

Haha, I haven't seen him target MJ, but I'm sure she deserved to be punished! :D

Seriously though, since Spider-Man is supposed to be in the issue 130-150 range, Punisher is basically a Spider-Man villain who fights other villains at this time. In #129, he's hired by the Jackal to murder Spider-Man, while in 134-135, he fights, then teams up with Spidey against the Tarantula. When he shows up again in #161, he tries to murder Nightcrawler when he thinks he's behind a murder (it's actually Jigsaw in his first appearance). He's definitely used as a wild card until he starts having his own series in the mid-80's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Noob question: How do I use the database? I've been playing GDS games for quite a while, but I am new to this particular one and it doesn't seem to operate in quite the same way as TEW and WMMA. I downloaded the file, then created a new folder in the "Databases" folder in the Program Files directory, copied the downloaded file into said new folder, but it doesn't show up in the game. Also couldn't find an answer in the FAQ, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I was actually able to get the mod to work. I just did something in the wrong order. However, I would love an updated link for the pic pack since the sendspace one for that was down as well. I got the mod, which seems awesome, but I don't know how much I'd enjoy playing through it without the pics. Please and thanks guys.

• 4 weeks later...
Noob question: How do I use the database? I've been playing GDS games for quite a while, but I am new to this particular one and it doesn't seem to operate in quite the same way as TEW and WMMA. I downloaded the file, then created a new folder in the "Databases" folder in the Program Files directory, copied the downloaded file into said new folder, but it doesn't show up in the game. Also couldn't find an answer in the FAQ, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I was actually able to get the mod to work. I just did something in the wrong order. However, I would love an updated link for the pic pack since the sendspace one for that was down as well. I got the mod, which seems awesome, but I don't know how much I'd enjoy playing through it without the pics. Please and thanks guys.

Hi, hope you've got this working. I should update the current version of this and add the pictures file, since the file I used (on this site) is no longer available.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you the updated picture files? Just got this and have over 100 hours played in the last week BEFORE finding your mod. Now my family will never see me. lol

Edit: Ok, realized you had the new files already posted at the start of the thread. Kicked myself and smacked the back of my head for you for being blind.

I get "Run time error 76" every time I try to change a picture file. Am I doing something wrong?

Probably? In the editor, try creating a "new picture folder," which should create an empty folder. Then add the pictures into them. Then, make sure the picture pack selected from the database info panel matches the name of the picture folder.

If that doesn't work, I would recommend checking the technical support section.

Have you the updated picture files? Just got this and have over 100 hours played in the last week BEFORE finding your mod. Now my family will never see me. lol

Edit: Ok, realized you had the new files already posted at the start of the thread. Kicked myself and smacked the back of my head for you for being blind.

Hope you're enjoying this!

I get "Run time error 76" every time I try to change a picture file. Am I doing something wrong?

Yeah, that error is because there is no picture folder associated with the database you are using. I had that problem, it does explain how to fix this in the "3 step walk through" the game gives you when you click the "install a mod" button under the editor page from the basic start page. I also copied some of the picture files over from the original database that I liked and put them as "user" names so I could use them in the Marvel world.

And yes Lazorbeak, I am loving it!

• 4 weeks later...
How to use the mod sir? i copy your mod to default database and picture to picture default database, it work fine, but the all the hero and villain not have any picture on them. what should i do?

Have you checked if the mod is set to use the default pictures?

(editor/edit database/database info/picture pack, should it be needed to be detailed)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="plotulus" data-cite="plotulus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32668" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So it's probably a stupid question but what's the password for this file?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This mod isn't password protected. If you're asking for how to open the CBH files outside of CBH, that's not information Adam Ryland gives away.</p>

• 2 years later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32668" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if anyone is still playing this, but I've been tinkering with this again lately.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good to hear it, I'd definitely be interested and I'm sure I'm not the only one</p>