ok i have just done a year of game time and...

yeah the AI is a bit odd on booking, not to say that is unrealistic. sometimes I'm matched very well with a character w/similar abilities and sometimes I'm doomed to a poor match. I created a tag team that was essentially ignored for about 4 months, but then to my surprise we got a great match out of nowhere. However, one of my first matches was for the coastal tag-team belt against the gilbert brothers, we won the belt and never had a match again...even though we were listed as the tag champs!

[QUOTE=dime] However, one of my first matches was for the coastal tag-team belt against the gilbert brothers, we won the belt and never had a match again...even though we were listed as the tag champs![/QUOTE] That happened to me on my demo game. I played as Joe Sexy in a superstar game, my second match was a shot at Christain Faith and I won the SWF belt. But from then on, even though I was listed as champion, I never defended the belt. In fact, Faith was still headlining cards and I was working non-title upper midcard bouts against Angry Gilmore and various tag matches against Skull DeBones!!

I'd say so. How would you be able to play a career as say 'Road Warrior Hawk' when all he gets is single matches, or gets paired up with a rookie worker, which really happened to me while playing the Cornell-verse. It made no sense to me as to why Warlord Agony would be teamed up with Andre Jones, while Warlord Pain fought single matches. And once I left the promotion, Warlord Pain and Jones were teamed up. Maybe I'm missing something, but the Lords of War are a Regular Tag Team in the game.

It's not programmed to work like that. The fact they're a regular team doesn't mean they are primarily booked as a tag team, it means that they simply have an increased chance of being teamed together. Firstly, the game is booked "top down" - i.e. from main event to opening match, based on push. So if the AI wants to book the main event as Main Eventer vs Upper Midcarder, it books a main event wrestler, then books an upper midcard opponent of a different disposition. If Warlord Pain happens to be an upper midcarder of the right disposition, he has as much chance of being booked in that bout as any other upper midcarder - and obviously if he gets booked in that match, he can't be booked lower down, so it doesn't matter where Agony is booked, the Lords Of War won't be teamed. Secondly, tag teams are booked "left to right" - i.e. if a midcard heel tag team is needed, it will book one midcard heel, then find the best tag team partner for him. For the sake of example, let's suppose the game wants a main event heel tag team, and the only main event heels you have are Warlord Pain, Warlord Agony, and Sam Strong. If Pain or Agony are the first person booked in the team, then you'd be almost guaranteed that the Lords Of War would be teamed together. But if Strong happened to be the first one booked, then he'd probably end up with Pain or Agony as his partner - as they're the best remaining choice - which means that the LOW can't be booked lower down the card as one partner is already in action. Thirdly, remember that people can turn, so there's no guarantee that two people you think should be tagging are the same disposition. For example, Bart and Brett Biggz usually end up on different sides after a few months, as one usually ends up heel. Therefore, sometimes you can see tag teams not teamed for a while for a variety of reasons. This is especially true if it's a main event level team, as the chances of it getting to a tag bout without one of the partners already being booked for a high level singles bout is quite small.

The same applies. If Andre was the first person booked for the tag, then Haku would be the most likely person to team with him due to their tag team relationship, regardless of his push (unless Andre had more than one partner, and someone was better suited. For example, if Haku was booked first, he might be more likely to team with Barbarian, given that they might have a tag team relationship and are closer in pushes). Edit - That's why in your earlier example you might have seen Hawk team with a jobber. It's likely that they were simply the last two babyfaces left for whatever reason, and so the AI was forced into teaming them. That doesn't happen often, but can if there are certain factors in play (for example if it booked a lot of matches, and the roster was only just big enough).

Alright, atleast that's cleared up, but I do have another question that's unrelated to the topic. Could someone be signed as an Enhancement Talent and have decent wrestling skills and psychology? This would be for workers like S.D. Jones and other guys who were able to put on a good fight, but were there to make the big guys look good.

Maybe there could be an option for "Tag Only", for teams like the LOD (or even LOW), who really are ONLY a tag team. Think about it, how many times did you see Animal work without Hawk at his side (excluiding the WCW Magnificent Seven stint, obviously, as Hawk wasn't even in the promotion). the same with the Dudleyz. Apart from when D-Von was on Smackdown, they were almost never apart (apart from the odd singles match with the other partner accompanying him). That would probably solve quite a few problems. Obviously they'd split if one turned, but other than that I think it's a pretty reasonable solution.

Hawk challenged Ric Flair for the NWA title on several occassions. Sure he was pushed primarily as a tag competitor...but he did find his way into high profile singles matches as well. So while your suggestions not a bad one...I don't think the situation is a simple as that.

Adam, is relationship a factor when the CPU books matches? I haven't had a tag match with my regular partner yet either (probably for the same reasons as you mentioned), but I've also pissed him off. Actually, I've made enemies out of half the locker room of one fed because I got into fights with three women there. Whoops.

Well I had pitched an idea where you could pick what a wrestler's style was: Singles Mostly Singles Mixed Mostly Tag Tag Teams So when a booker goes to book an Upper Midcard Tag match against say the champs, it would first go and find any Upper Midcarders who are listed as 'Tag Teams', like the Road Warriors or someone like Jim Bruzell, and then look for a tag team partner for them. Then if there isn't any Upper Midcarders who are listed as Tag Teams, then they'd look for someone who's listed as Mostly Tag, and so on.

[QUOTE=Locksley]Hawk challenged Ric Flair for the NWA title on several occassions. Sure he was pushed primarily as a tag competitor...but he did find his way into high profile singles matches as well. So while your suggestions not a bad one...I don't think the situation is a simple as that.[/QUOTE] Hawk actually won the NWA title during one of those Flair matches. I'm pretty sure Animal was injured at the time though or something wierd was going on with him that kept him out of the ring. And also this was during the time where they were having Flair drop the belt and win it back 5 days later so he could clip Harley Race's record. So it wasn't like Hawk worked his way through the singles ranks to get his title shots, I think he was just in the right place at the right time.

I've pretty much set up a feud with the Gilbert Brothers where I team with Plague (As Apocalypse) for their tag team titles. Set yourself up as a regular tag team with your partner, then get a feud with one half of the tag team champs. It MASSIVELY increases the chances of being booked (1) As a team, and (2) in matches against the tag champs. I've already had an 8 man elimination tag where myself and Plague were left to hit our finisher on Joe Gilbert and a case of outside interference in our tag match against Nova and Inky. Gilbert ran down and smashed my guy's head into the ringpost, busting him open and reducing him to Medium before the match began.

Archived