DCverse

I'm working on a DC Universe mod (where Flashpoint did not occur). It's still in an early draft, I need to do some more tests and to add more characters before I upload a first draft.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/screenshoteye.jpg/

Update:

04-02-2012

version 0.1b available here:

http://planet-of-sound-radio.com/dcverse/dcverse1b.zip

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is 1 major villain who was in 1 comic a graphic novel from superman called last god of krypton.

She is one powerful villain picture strength level of superman and the hulk combined and that's no joke. She threw Supes across the street with just a flick of her wrist.

She was so powerful that superman new the only way to win was to kill her and he did by outsmarting her and getting her to fly into the sun. She also had the ability to influence men.

If you get the chance look it up its called superman last god of krypton.

there is 1 major villain who was in 1 comic a graphic novel from superman called last god of krypton.

She is one powerful villain picture strength level of superman and the hulk combined and that's no joke. She threw Supes across the street with just a flick of her wrist.

She was so powerful that superman new the only way to win was to kill her and he did by outsmarting her and getting her to fly into the sun. She also had the ability to influence men.

If you get the chance look it up its called superman last god of krypton.

Her name is Cythona

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/9/9d/Superman_The_Last_God_of_Krypton_Textless.jpg

She is an actual Goddess of Krypton, and Superman is but a flea to her. She's not dead either.... BUT her power is Ice Based.

With a backhand (like shooing a fly away) she almost knocked Superman out. Superman claims that to have been more powerful then any blow he has ever had.

She awaken's in the remains of Krypton, finding it destroyed (after all those years, I guess there might still be some debris floating around... who knows?). She's like the Opposite of Rao (god of light and day, etc), she's the goddess of Dark and Ice. She assumes she "won" since no more mortals on Krypton, but feels Superman's presense, and she goes to kill him. She doesn't realise the power of the Yellow Sun has enhanced him, when she shoots her ice to cover him..> He breaks out of it, no problem which surprises her, so of course now she wants to mate with him, thinking him to be somehow "godly" because that Ice should have killed him, he must not be mortal.

Realise that she possesses this same exact strength level in Krypton that she does on Earth, as the sun doesn't do anything for her. Obviously she's not the brightest Goddess in the universe, because this lack of knowledge is how Superman gains the upper hand... because he's not a god, and although more powerful then a Kryptonian on Krypton, still just but a flea to this goddess. She's like.. hey, lets mate and make little godlets. they will be awesome and take over the universe.

OF course he's like "NO... I have Lois, no reason to have a super sexy goddess!" She smells the sent of a reporter (not lois or grant or anyone) on Superman, figures that the reporter is his woman, and so she freeze's the reporter and instantly kills her (you know, shattering her). She bassically gives Superman to think about it for a while... "Mate with me or die". I can understand this, as it happens to me in real life all the time... Of course I'm still alive, so you know what my answer was...

Anyways, Superman takes Lois and runs to the Fortress of Solitude.. I think, and of course Lex is like "Hey, Super Chick, let's make a deal! Let's team up to destroy Superman", but she's like... "No... I don't need you because I can Kill Superman without anyone's help, very easily." Then tells one of his Henchmen to shoot another one's head off, because she can do that too... make people do what she wants.

You get a little backstory about Krypton, and how it become so frozen over because of the war between her and Rao, etc. Anyways, Superman tries to fight her, and of course she kiss's him instead, and right away she realises she was mistaken and is like "Yuckie! Your MORTAL... GROSS! YOU TRICKED ME!" and so Superman runs into the Sun, where he thinks it will weaken her... but umm, it doesn't... She's still tough but guess what>... Did you guess it yet? Well, Come to find out that's where Superman's super strength comes from, THE YELLOW SUN!!!! SO YEAH, HE becomes stronger then he ever has or ever will again (for a million years anyways... Unless they change something), and well, he's able to fight on somewhat the same level as her... but, Somehow the Kryptonite effects her as well, and yeah, I forgot to tell you he went to get some Kryptonite... Just in case it will help. Well, it did, I think, because the Sun's gravity pulled her into the middle of it, where she will stay "Forever trapped in Rao's burning Furnace".

Anyways, Lois gets in a "Super Suit" and saves Superman, because the battle was that hard on him, and come to find out..> The Goddess shows her true form, and She's not that attractive after all.. She's a fire demon!

SO, well, I can't see anyway to include being's like that into this mod, although I might try.. Just not enough "Gap" in the abilities and Attributes to show that much.. She would definately be Iconic, but that would put Superman at best, Minor League. ON a Strength Scale from 1-1000, if SHE were 1000, Superman would be like 10 at best, and well, A human would be a decimal figure at best.

That's ONLY because of the way the Abilities work though, and the game is set for humans to be around 200-300 average level abilities, with the best humanly possible to be around 600, and enhanced at 750. When you look at "Health" or hit points, or whatever you want to call it, you break it down like this.

Toughness=Old time Constitution. 5 times Toughness = Hit Points.

1000 Toughness = 5000 Hit Points.

600 Toughness = 3000 Hit points.

There is only 2000 Hit Point difference between a "Top Physical Conditioned" human, and a God.

It's like I said in another thread somewhere... There isn't a big enough "Gap" the way the game is set up... Nothing really wrong with having a 1000 limit on Ability scores, if you could set up average human to be say... 6, and top level to be around 30 or so. This would leave alot of room, and no reason to have such high numbers outside of extraordinary beings. I don't know exactly how the puzzle's (A great feature by the way) are set up, but if it is all around the ability numbers +/- attributes, then it doesn't matter what you would want for an average human, as the results would be the same if you balanced out the abilities the same...

It's possible to make a mod really close to any scenario (in the extremes as well) that you would desire in this game, but people starting a "new" character would be starting out in Superman/Hulk level to start (in comparison with "normal" characters in the mod). That's not a bad thing really, but it would take alot of challenge out of the game, as you would beat everyone at the lower levels with ease... and just placing the points you earn in the right spots will make your carreer pretty much easily getting to the top levels.

Trying to stay true to the default database, I have Superman around 755 toughness, because the guys that are going to be 900+ are several times...well, tougher.

Anyways, I can't wait till CBH Part II comes around, so some of this can be changed. Right now, I'm going to keep on trudging this the way it's going right now.

Currently I'm still doing some fixes with attributes. I'll add perhaps another twenty characters and I'll post the 0.1 version. Most of the characters are based in Gotham, I've included three others locations but mainly for test.

For a few number of characters I'm not yet decided about their alignement. For example how do you consider Secret Six characters like Bane, Deadshot or Catman? Are they anti-heroes, wildcards or just plain villains?

Two other screenshots:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/screen2ge.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/249/screen3tx.jpg/

Finally the first draft of DCverse is here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NK1PJ92P

Pictures are included, some are too small, I'll try to update these later.

As it's a draft version, it's not complete, there are no teams and no dialogs. There are 5 locations but only Gotham City has a decent number of characters.

Any criticisms and recommendations are welcome. I'm especially interested in balancing issues and in knowing if fights are not lasting too long.

Future plans are:

-adding a dozen more characters in Gotham

-add more members of the League of Assassins

-version 0.2 will spotlight Central City/ Keystone City

-version 0.3 will spotlight Shadowpact and Hell

Currently I'm seeing the mod to be nearly close as the Infinityverse, so if Superman certainly will be included I'm not sure that I can add big cosmic entities because of game limitations.

Using the "resists", I've figured out how to make them at least "Feel" really powerful. Resist Damage is the main one, because your only using three of the resists, and I believe it covers all damage types. Leaves room for a Vulnerability to be added.

Bane: Villain

Deadshot and Catman: Wildcards

At least so far that's what I have them down as.

I'd recommend some stuff, I really duno if this is stufff that's already thought out and stuff, but I'd like to think I help out.

You've probably already planned this, but locations like:

Star City: Home of Green Arrow

Metropolis: well of course

Gorilla City: with Gorillas like Solovar and Gorilla Grodd

Themyscira: Well, yeah, Wonder Woman and amazons

As said I just like to think I help out :p

I'm currently trying out as Batwoman, it all looks good, so far I am just looking over the characters and stuff, I'll give my thoughts of it all later on.

New host and new version for the DCverse mod:

http://planet-of-sound-radio.com/dcverse/dcverse.zip

What's new:

-toughness reduction for low level characters

-reaction and agility increase for martial artists

-reaction and agility decrease for speedsters

-minor adjustments for some characters

-60+ new characters (Calculator, Killer Croc, Weather Wizard, Gorilla Grodd, Max Mercury...)

Had a few issues as Batman and I'm really enjoying this mod so far. Really good work, and it's clear that you've put a huge amount of work into it.

Quick question - is there a particular reason that Grayson is Batman II and not Nightwing? Might work better - you could always have Batman II as an alter-ego. Teaming Batman and Batman II feels a bit odd. It's easy enough to change on your own too (I've just done it), so it doesn't matter too much.

Oh, and while I remember - Black Bat and Batgirl IV have the same bio. Not sure if that's intentional or not. :)

If his mod is up to date, it's probably because Batman went global with "Batman Inc." and gave Grayson the mantle for Gotham.

Not sure of the Bat-Girl thing though, since it could be just a mistake in the bio/trying to speed up creation with a copy. Or it could be that Batgirl IV is supposed to be an alternate of the Black Bat. I'm betting that Batgirl IV is supposed to be different though, and it was just a mistake in not updating the bio... that she is the "Spoiler", now Batgirl, who teams up with Batwoman as almost a side-kick capacity.