Irritated at being left off show

What do you do to avoid this negative? I am at regional, and I thought by running weekly shows at small, the workers left off might care less, but the marks are still adding up. I run a performance fed, so I can't just throw them in angles, and I'd like to save money anyway. I imagine this is en affect that sticks around all the way to the top, so any ideas would be helpful.

Perhaps a rotation is the best strategy, but I'm not certain it would work.

What do you do to avoid this negative? I am at regional, and I thought by running weekly shows at small, the workers left off might care less, but the marks are still adding up. I run a performance fed, so I can't just throw them in angles, and I'd like to save money anyway. I imagine this is en affect that sticks around all the way to the top, so any ideas would be helpful.

Perhaps a rotation is the best strategy, but I'm not certain it would work.

If you don't mind losing money... throw the left overs in a throw away battle royale. Pick your favorites to win/dominate/kept strong/protected.

Or you could give them a small $100 bonus to see if it gets rid of their irritation everytime they do get irritated. Doesn't work for all of them, but it should work for ones that are more ruthless and mercenary (and not merely egotistical and selfish).

Running weekly shows doesn't do anything to help this situation. I believe main eventers are unhappy after being left off 1 shows, upper midcarders 2, midcarders 3, etc... That's the way I think it works anyway. So just use your main stars more often and keep your minor guys off the show if you have to.

Running weekly shows doesn't do anything to help this situation. I believe main eventers are unhappy after being left off 1 shows, upper midcarders 2, midcarders 3, etc... That's the way I think it works anyway. So just use your main stars more often and keep your minor guys off the show if you have to.

That's generally correct, but occasionally, sometimes midcarders become unhappy after being left off one show. Personality modifies it too.

I run 2 shows a month, one in my home region that features my upper-card guys and one in a different region where I mostly use lower card guys. This occassionally leads to some irritation from my upper card guys, but throwing bonuses at them occassionaly seems to work.

If you're having that mcuh trouble, it sounds like you may want to trim the roster. As tempting as it is to have a big roster to call on, you'll almost inevitably end up neglecting some of the workers. If I was working to a strict budget (and sub-National, you propbably should be) I'd have a close eye on the recommended roster size and try not to go more than 3 or 4 workers over unless I was certain I'd use them.

But then, my last lengthy run with a smaller company at one point saw me with 50 odd workers on board, so what do I know?

Yeah, but when I just want to run a decent show, I only need a few of them, but heck, I guess I'm the one who hired them.

If you're having that mcuh trouble, it sounds like you may want to trim the roster. As tempting as it is to have a big roster to call on, you'll almost inevitably end up neglecting some of the workers. If I was working to a strict budget (and sub-National, you propbably should be) I'd have a close eye on the recommended roster size and try not to go more than 3 or 4 workers over unless I was certain I'd use them.

Casey's wise.

As a performance based promotion the way you describe, you pretty much HAVE to keep your roster small because you don't have the luxury of being able to use angles to keep people active. One thing I've done to save cash is to abuse my working agreements. Bring in the low card workers from another promotion (who tend to be cheaper than my own midcarders) for one show, to get destroyed by one of my people. It saves me from having to keep my own (rarely used) jobbers on the roster.

Interesting ideas. I tend to maintain my roster at about 6 over...I just like big shows, but like you said, I have less time for everyone, so maybe I'll trim it down.

The next question is purely from a story/roleplaying standpoint. For those that run performance feds, does your champ just defend the title every night? Nothing wrong with that in game, just seems odd in kayfabe.

Interesting ideas. I tend to maintain my roster at about 6 over...I just like big shows, but like you said, I have less time for everyone, so maybe I'll trim it down.

The next question is purely from a story/roleplaying standpoint. For those that run performance feds, does your champ just defend the title every night? Nothing wrong with that in game, just seems odd in kayfabe.

Depends on how often you run shows. It isn't odd at all for a monthly promotion to have their top title defended at every show. You need to keep the title visible so people recognize its position and value. If you go two to three months with no title defenses, in this short attention span era, people will forget that this is THE prize in the promotion.

Now, I don't run pure performance promotions because, as a fan, I find those types of shows boring. Usually, there are only two (of like six or eight) good matches worth sitting through and the rest is 'bleh'. It's even worse with multi promotion supershows (like ROH/FIP/SHIMMER used to run or the ones that occurred in Japan years ago). Nothing worse than flying halfway across the world for a weekend of shows only to find the matches you want to see all happen the first night (or the last night) so you have to sit through a bunch of stuff you don't care about, just to say you got your money's worth. Angles help break things up and give fans (this fan, at least) time to digest what they just saw and the ramifications of the result. I also don't run monthly shows (I either get overloaded with ideas while advancing through days or I lose interest) so my champ does not defend the title every show. BUT, the champs are always active in every show, whether in angles, tag team/multi person matches or whatever.

Just to throw my own $0.02 in here, I always like to live by the old-school "a title has to be defended at least once every 30 days" rule. I dunno if that's still in effect since I don't think I've heard TNA or WWE mention it in a while, but it works for me. I try to have my World title defended AT LEAST on every big event, and occasionally on TV shows as well, (usually, when some young upstart has earned - storyline-wise anyway - the right to challenge for that title, but is probably not over enough for the much-coveted PPV spot).

Does putting them in the dark matches/post show please them and avoid them getting annoyed at being left off? Always wondered never thought to ask

Yes.

So does putting them on commentary, having them road agent or referee matches, manage someone, and so on. They want to be USED (it's a paycheck, no matter what you want them to do). How you use them is largely immaterial.

Archived