Recruiting issue

I've played through 4 or 5 seasons now as Ole Miss. The biggest issue I have is that no matter what I do, I cannot recruit in the Southeast region. There are a ton of prospects there, my school is there, I pick the top southeastern recruiting service, but the only people who want to come to my school live in the midwest, Ohio and Illinois. I could understand a year or so, but five consecutive is pushing the bounds of reality, and makes me thing there's a snafu somewhere in the code, at least for this team.

Well, I'm looking to bring in anyone who'll come. Here's what I saw in the last recruiting period, by interest (Keeping in mind, this was with the top SE regional recruiting service and the budget maxed out for the region): 10 - 2 one star 9 - 3 one star 8 - 1 four star, 2 one star 7 - 4 one star 6 - 1 two star, 1 one star Everything else in the southeast is 3 or below. Contrast that to the midwest region which I spent 30,000 in: 10 - 6 five star, 10 four star, 18 three star 9 - 2 five star, 6 four star, 23 three star 8 - 1 five star, 15 four stars, 10 three stars ect, ect. I didn't even count the one and two stars in this region, because there were a ton of them. The players I look at in the SE are generally headed to SE schools, plus the Texas' and such, big name out of region schools. THe guys I'm forced to compete for in the midwest are looking at Ohio, Ohio State, Michigan....the schools in their region. Edit - Should note, that I won the SEC last year, and was in the title game the year before, so prestige shouldn't be an issue, I believe it's in the high end of "Above average".

[QUOTE=Wolfpack]Are you using the base pstats file? I'm using the real college one from Icy, maybe something in it was altered.[/QUOTE] Nothing ws altered about states, recruits etc. Also Dave Hansen wrote at the end of his post that he using v1.02 and pstats 1.5 (mine).

I'm playing as Oregon and I've seen a similar trend in my games. There don't seem to be enough California recruits interested in playing for the Ducks. For example, Oregon's current real-life roster breaks down like this per state: 46-California 23-Oregon 6-Washington 4-Hawaii 3-Utah 2-Colorado 2-Nevada 1-Alabama 1-American Samoa 1-Georgia 1-Idaho 1-Illinois 1-Louisiana 1-Missouri 1-Montana 1-Pennsylvania 1-Wisconsin But my last 2 in-game recruiting classes looked like this: 14-Oregon 7-California 2-Utah 2-Washington 1-Alabama 1-Alaska 1-Arizona 1-Colorado 1-Indiana 1-Kansas 1-Mississippi 1-Montana 1-South Carolina Overall it looks pretty close. My only nitpick is the lack of interest of players from California compared to Oregon. And There should be less interest from the Midwest and Southeast just a small nitpick on a very solid game. :)

Archived