The Strange and Unusual Odyssey of the World Wrestling Allstars

Who here remembers the World Wrestling Allstars? Clearly, many of us don't mainly because it was only around for about a year and a half, running from September of 2001 to June of 2003. Originally supposed to be headed by Vince Russo, the duties of head booker eventually fell to Jeremy Borash due to Russo's inability to work for the promotion. But what if Russo did work for the company? That's where I come in. I love what if scenarios, which is why I chose to do this one.

Now the idea behind the WWA was a touring promotion featuring stars from WCW and ECW, and a few from the WWF. Now I'm not going to reveal everything just yet, but the original idea behind the WWA has been changed ever so slightly...okay maybe more than that but that will be revealed in time. The roster I am using is slightly different than the one the WWA used in real life, mainly because there was never a set roster for the promotion. It would use different superstars tour to tour, which I find hard to follow for a diary such as this. So sit back and I hope you enjoy the story of the World Wrestling Allstars!!!

WWA Inception

“Seven Deadly Sins”

Live from the Sydney Superdome

October 26, 2001

This is the World Wrestling All-Stars

The WWA logo flashed on the screen and faded out to the Sydney Superdome, where 5,500 wrestling hungry fans were getting restless for the first ever WWA Pay-per-view! We go to the ring where Jeremy Borash stood with a microphone.

Jeremy Borash: Hello Syndey, Australia! And welcome to the World Wrestling Allstars! I’m JB, Jeremy Borash, and tonight we will feature some of the greatest stars of wrestling with the likes of Jeff Jarrett, Brian Armstrong, and Curt Hennig! Now before we get started, let me introduce to you my broadcast colleague, a man who can only be referred to as “King”, please welcome Jerry “The King” Lawler!

The regal sounds of the Great Gates of Kiev sounds over the sound system as Jerry Lawler makes his way out from behind the curtain. Waving to the crowd, he makes his way down the entrance ramp to the announce table, where Jeremy Borash had taken his seat.

Jeremy Borash: Welcome to the WWA King!

Jerry Lawler: Thanks JB. I gotta say that this is one of the most rambunctious crowds I’ve ever seen, don’t you agree?

Jeremy Borash: One hundred percent King! Now before we go any farther, I’m getting a message from the back. They’re saying that the General Manager of the WWA is on his way out right now!

Jerry Lawler: The Genreal Manager?!? I wonder who that could be?

Just as Lawler finished his sentence, the words “I AM IRON MAN” are heard as a long guitar riff is played.

Jerry Lawler: Oh no, not this guy…

Vince Russo makes his way down the entrance ramp to a mixed reaction. He motions towards the crowd a bit, clearly avoiding some hands on his way. He steps into the ring and asks for a microphone.

Vince Russo: Let me introduce the scum that is Sydney to your new WWA General Manager, none other than me, Vince Russo!

A loud chorus of boos is rained upon the ring, and Russo clearly takes in audience.

Vince Russo: Now when the WWA asked me to be General Manager, the first thing I wanted to do was reject their offer, honestly who would want to be a GM in Australia! But after some thinking, I figured that who better for the job than me! I mean they did call me first after all! The first thing that the Board of Directors wanted to do was to crown a new WWA Champion. So I came up with something I like to call the Seven Deadly Sins tournament. A 9 man tournament, where all seven matches are different types! And it will take place tonight!

The crowd cheers a little, but not enough to make much noise.

Vince Russo: So without further ado, let’s kick things off with a bang!

As Russo finishes his sentence, a very demonic sounding instrumental (identified as Kong at the Gate by the Misfits) sounds over the system and out comes Vampiro, accompanied by fellow occultist Gangrel. The two make their way to the ring, slapping a few hands on their way down the ramp. Meanwhile, Russo high tails it out of the ring to the back. A heavy guitar riff follows, as former ECW World Champion Steve Corino makes his way out from the back, followed closely by Dawn Marie. And we have our first match of the tournament.

Quarterfinal of Seven Deadly Sins Tournament (Hardcore Match)

Steve Corino (w/ Dawn Marie) vs. Vampiro (w/ Gangrel)

Standing across the ring from one another, Corino taunted the crowd as Vamprio just stared at the competitor across the ring. Vamprio starts the match off with a lockup, proceeding to lock Corino in a headlock. Corino counters by throwing Vampiro into the ropes, and on the rebound hitting an armdrag followed by a knee drop. He slowly picks up Vampiro and begins to work over his opponents arm. Vampiro manages to counter with a flying crossbody off the ropes, but the referee is distracted by Dawn Marie and unable to count Vampiro’s pinfall. Unable to get the pin, vampire heads to the outside and goes under the ring to grab a steel chair, which he slides into the ring.

Before he himself can get into the ring though, Corino grabs the chair and smashes Vampiro over the head with it, forcing Vampiro to the floor on the outside. Taking his time, Corino struts around the ring before leaving the ring and smashing Vampiro with the chair once more. He slides the chair into the ring, followed shortly by Vampiro and himself. A stunned Vampiro tries to hit some punches, but the damage has clearly been done already, and none of them hit. Corino picks up Vampiro, and hits a vicious Old School Bomb on the chair! Lights out, 1…2…3.

Steve Corino d. Vampiro in 5:32 via Old School Bomb onto a chair

Chosen One?

We head backstage where Stevie Ray is standing by with former world champion Jeff Jarrett.

Stevie Ray: What up Mista Jarrett? I’ve heard some commotion coming from the boys in the back sayin’ you got some words for us, so tell us Suckas whats to know?

Jeff Jarrett: Shut up Slapnuts! Now listen here! Vince, you should’ve just given your Chosen One the title, because we all know who’s going to be coming out on top! Hennig? Armstrong? Corino? Yeah, I’ve beaten them all. And courtesy of our great General Manager, I’ve requested that my match be a guitar on a pole match.

Stevie Ray: So the GM’s stackin’ the odds in your fava’?

Jeff Jarrett: Well I am his chosen one, aren’t I? Stevie, pay attention here Slapnuts…I am Jeff Jarrett, former four time, four time, four time World Champion?

Stevie Ray: You did not just…

Jeff Jarrett: Was I finished? No, so shut ‘yer trap! I am the cornerstone of the WWA, and I will be walking out of Inception with the World Championship strapped around my waste. Now get out of my way, I’ve got a match to win…

Jarrett struts off screen, leaving a fuming Stevie Ray behind.

Stevie Ray: I'm really starting to hate that guy…

“Cowboy” by Kid Rock hits the loudspeakers as “The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett makes his way down the ramp into the ring. He feigns high fiving some fans before sliding into the ring and jumping onto a turnbuckle, motioning towards the crowd. “Welcome to the Jungle” is heard and the fans begin to cheer loudly as the Dog Faced Gremlin Rick Steiner makes his way out of the back.

Quarterfinal of Seven Deadly Sins Tournament (Guitar on a Pole Match)

Jeff Jarrett vs. Rick Steiner

While Steiner is busy taking off his leather jacket, Jarrett goes on the offensive, repeatedly punching Rick before he has a chance to retaliate. Steiner eventually is able to counter, and the two brawl before Jarrett is able to roll out of the ring and put space between the two competitors. Seeing the guitar on the opposite turnbuckle, Steiner goes to grab it but is quickly cut off by Jarrett who himself is sprinting toward the weapon. Jarrett whips Steiner to the ropes and hits a diving crossbody for a two count. Rick throws Jeff off of him before hitting a running shoulder block on Jarrett. Steiner then stands up Jarrett, who surprises Rick with punch to the temple. Seeing his opportunity, Jeff retreats to the ropes and bounces off them, and hits a swinging neckbreaker. Kneeling after his move, Jeff begins to laugh before climbing the turnbuckle and grabbing the guitar off its holster. Steiner begins to stir, but as soon as he stumbles to his feet he is hit with the Acoustic Equalizer! Jarrett covers in a halfhearted attempt, and the referee counts the 3 count.

Jeff Jarrett d. Rick Steiner in 4:43 via Acoustic Equalizer (Guitar Shot)

Generation Next?

A video is shown highlighting two competitors which will be seen in our next match, Brian Armstrong and Brian Christopher, both second generation superstars. The highlights include clips of their fathers’ (Bob Armstrong & Jerry Lawler respectively) careers, and note how both are multi-time champions. At the end of the short video, the two are shown face to face with their fathers, Christopher facing Lawler and Brian facing Bob. The words “I am Generation Next” are heard spoken by the duo, as the screen fades out…

Hoooooo!

Following the video we go backstage with Stevie Ray once again, this time standing by with “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan.

Stevie Ray: Jimmay! What’s up pla…?

Jim Duggan: Hooooooooooooooooo! Hacksaw’s gonna be the first WWA World Champion! Hooooooo!

As he says this he marches off screen with his trusty 2x4, Stevie Ray shakes his head and looks at the wrestler in a state of disbielief.

Back at Ringside

Jerry Lawler: Jeez JB, we’ve got quite a cast of characters here in the WWA, don’t we?!?

Jeremy Borash: You’re not kidding King, two next generation superstars, one being your son Brian and Hacksaw? And their match is coming up next!

OH YOU DIDN’T KNOW?!?! Sounds over the loud speaker as Brian Armstrong makes his way out from the back, microphone in hand.

Brian Armstrong: The World Wrestling Allstars is proud to present, the son of Bullet Bob Armstrong, and your NEXT World Champion….you better believe its me, its me, that D-O-Double G…BRIAN ARMSTRONG!!!

He slides into the ring as Brian Christopher makes his way down the ramp to the tune of M.C. Hammer’s “Can’t Touch This”. Dancing down the rampway, he throws up his glasses and begins to stare down Armstrong.

HOOOOOOOOOO!!! followed by a generic Patriot song is heard as Jim Duggan marches out from backstage, trusty 2x4 by his side. He marches down the ramp, around the ring before finally stepping in.

Quarterfinal of Seven Deadly Sins Tournament (Elimination Match)

Brian Armstrong vs. Brian Christopher vs. Jim Duggan

We start the match with the second generation superstars attacking Jim Duggan, leaving the older superstar almost defenseless in his first match. Duggan does manage to free himself from the duo’s grasp, and begins to lay into the duo with lefts and rights. Armstrong stumbles back into a corner holding his head while Christopher stumble to the ground. Duggan heads outside and grabs his 2x4, with Armstrong hot on his heels. Duggan turns around and clocks the son of Bullet Bob Armstrong. The referee calls for the bell and eliminates Duggan by disqualification.

Duggan, realizing what he has done, sighs in disbelief before raising his hand and engaging the crowd in his signature chant as he marches back up the entrance ramp. With Duggan’s disqualification, the two Brian’s are left face to face, and stare each other down in the center of the ring. The duo lock up, with Armstrong gaining advantage over Christopher. Armstrong then hits a first left, a second left, and a third! The theatrics, and the right, the Shake, Rattle, and Roll knocks Christopher to the ground. The crowd begins to cheer loudly, and Armstrong works the crowd. But in his distraction, Christopher manages to climb the turnbuckle…and as Armstrong turns he hits a dropkick! He covers him, 1…2…KICKOUT! With Armstrong still on the ground, Christopher begins to quickly look around the arena, and ascends to the top of the turnbuckle again! The crowd begins to cheer loudly as he hits the Hip Hop Drop! He once again covers Armstrong, 1…2…thrKICKOUT! He looks at the referee in a state of disbelief and begins to argue that the three count was made. While he was arguing though, Armstrong manages to stir and rises to his feet. As Christopher turns, his opponent nails a DDT on him. He quickly makes the cover, and 1…2…3! Armstrong advances!

Brian Armstrong d. Brian Christopher & Jim Duggan in 10:02 via DDT

Meeting of the Minds

We head backstage to the office of the General Manager, Vince Russo, who is seated behind his desk. As he is writing something, Jeff Jarrett bursts into his office.

Jeff Jarrett: Vince, I need to know, what kind of match am I in next? I need something where I can gain an advantage over Corino! I need to rest my strength for the championship match.

Vince Russo: Jeff, Jeff calm down. I wouldn’t put you in a bad spot. It’s a first blood match, so first one to bleed loses. I’ve got a simple solution though…

Jeff Jarrett: Good, let’s hear it…

As he ends his last sentence, the duo looks over at the camera.

Vince Russo: Hey you, get out of here! Can’t you see were having a meeting!

He pushes the camera away from his face as the cameraman is shuffled out of the room.

With Disco Inferno already in the ring, the sound of “Theme from Exodus” is heard and out comes Curt Hennig to a massive amount of cheers. He works the crowd on the way to the ring, and even throws his towel to a lucky fan in the front row of the crowd.

Quarterfinal of Seven Deadly Sins Tournament (Tables Match)

Curt Hennig vs. Disco Inferno

The final quarterfinal match begins quite quickly, as Disco immediately runs to the outside and grabs a table, sliding it into the ring. As he attempts to climb back into the ring, Hennig hits a nasty forearm knocking him to the outside. As Disco regains his composure outside of the ring, Hennig sets up the table on the inside of the ring. Staring down his opponent, the dazed Disco makes his way back into the ring and attempts a clothesline on the veteran wrestler…only for it to be ducked under and spun around like a top. Hennig hastily takes advantage, and sets Disco up for the Hennigplex!....Right through the table! Game, set, match!

Curt Hennig d. Disco Inferno in 2:07 via Hennigplex through table

Corino’s Quiet Time

We head backstage to the locker room of Steve Corino and Dawn Marie, where Corino is show sitting in a chair with his shoulders being massaged by his valet.

Steve Corino: You know Dawn, Jarrett thinks I don’t stand a chance, but does he forget that I lived and died in Extreme Championship Wrestling? Apparently he did. I’m going to dismantle him, then I’m going on to win the World Championship.

Dawn Marie: I know baby, I was there with you, don’t you remember…

Steve Corino: Yeah, Yeah I remember. Are you done yet? I’ve got a match to win…

He stands up and begins to walk out of the locker room. Dawn Marie, a look of dejection on her face follows closely behind.

We head back to ringside where Jeff Jarrett is already making his way down to the ring…

Jeremy Borash: You know King, maybe the first blood match wasn’t a good idea on the part of Russo and Jarrett.

Jerry Lawler: Maybe not JB, Steve Corino is a veteran of Extremely Crappy Wrestling, but at least we get to see Dawn Marie again!

Jeremy Borash: First Blood Match, Jeff Jarrett versus Steve Corino! And here comes Corino!

Semifinal of Seven Deadly Sins Tournament (First Blood Match)

Jeff Jarrett vs. Steve Corino (w/ Dawn Marie)

The two former world champions begin the match with a little dance, so to say, as they circle each other before finally locking up. Jarrett gains the upper hand when he lands a chop to the chest, followed by a push to the corner where more chops follow. The referee pushes Jarrett away following a 5 count, which Jarrett is not happy about at all. As Jarrett degrades the ref, Corino manages to plow into the side of his opponent with a shoulder block, which knocks Jarrett down. Steve then picks up his opponent and quickly hits Jarrett with a enzuigiri, which knocks him to the second rope. Corino, seeing his chance, tells Dawn Marie to grab a chair and throw it to him. After she does as such, Corino nails Jarrett in the back with the chair before dropping the chair on the mat.

Showboating a bit to the crowd, which causes a massive chorus of boos to rain down. As he shifts his attention to the crowd, Jarrett has managed to regain his footing and himself grabs the chair. As he goes to swing at Corino, the former ECW stalwart turns just in time to get clobbered across the face. Quickly throwing the chair to the ground, Jarrett positions himself next to Corino and slam his face onto the top of the steel chair with the Stroke! As he turns Corino over, one can clearly see he has been busted open, with the color of crimson staining his hair.

Jeff Jarrett d. Steve Corino in 6:28 via Stroke on steel chair (First Blood)

Hennig’s a Perfect Competitor

We again head back stage, where we see Curt Hennig walking down a hallway. As he turns the corner he encounters Vince Russo, who was walking back towards his office.

Curt Hennig: Seems like your boy Jarrett ended up winning after all. You should be more careful about that kind of stuff Vince.

Vince Russo: He’s in the final, isn’t he Curt? All according to the plan.

Curt Hennig: Well we’ll just see. You know, its just perfect that your chosen one is in the final…that way I can teach you a lesson about have so called “Chosen Ones”

As Hennig finished his sentence, he continued on his way towards the ring…

Vince Russo: You’d better hope you don’t win Hennig, you don’t want to cross me…

Back at ringside, Brian Armstrong is already in the ring as Hennig makes his way down the entranceway. As he steps in the ring, he cockily smiles at his opponent before the referee rings the bell.

Semifinal of Seven Deadly Sins Tournament (No Holds Barred Match)

Curt Hennig vs. Brian Armstrong

The two veterans immediately go at it, laying into each other with big punches. Armstrong gets throw over the rope, but manages to stay on the ring apron, where Hennig attempts to knock him off. Brian retaliates by pulling down on Hennig’s head and bringing his neck down onto the rope. Hennig stumbles back holding his neck, while Armstrong proceeds to grab a steel trash can stored under the ring. Throwing the can into the ring, he also pulls out a kendo stick, and then proceeds to join Hennig back in the ring. With Hennig still stumbling around, Armstrong manages to land some vicious kendo shots to his back, which sends Curt straight to the ground. Raising the cane above his and yelling out in a battle cry, he attempts to land one more but is countered by an elbow to the stomach from Hennig.

With Armstrong caught off guard, Hennig proceeds to take advantage of the surprise and go on an offensive of his own. A snap suplex brings Armstrong to the ground, and Hennig grabs the trashcan. He throws the can at Armstrong, but Brian manages to catch it and throw it back at Curt. With Curt stunned again, Armstrong attempts to mount another offensive, but as he attempts to DDT Hennig onto the trash can, he manages to worm his way out of the situation and tangle Armstrong up in one of his own. Clearly in pain, Hennig nails a Hennigplex and the referee gives the three count! Hennig advances to the finals!

Curt Hennig d. Brian Armstrong in 9:19 via Hennigplex

No Time to Celebrate!

As Hennig falls to the mat in relief, a voice is heard over the sound system.

Vince Russo: Hold it right there Hennig! You think just because you made it to the finals means you’ve got a shot at the championship! Well look above you! That’s right, the championship is a STEEL CAGE MATCH!!!

The crowd cheer loudly, even though Hennig appears to be at a disadvantage.

Vince Russo: Jeff get out here!

Cowboy sounds over the loudspeakers, and out struts Jeff Jarrett, cocky as can be.

Vince Russo: You see Curt, I don’t like when people cross me. I don’t like when my plans become disrupted! And I’ll be damned if you’re going to stop be. That’s why, the steel cage match for the championship begins right now!!!

The crowd boos loudly as they see Russo’s plot, and Jarrett manages to slide into the ring as the cage is lowered.

Jerry Lawler: I can’t believe it JB, Russo’s using his power to his advantage. How the heck is Hennig going to get out of this one!

Jeremy Borash: I don’t know King, but what I do know is that we are set for our main event of the evening! Steel Cage match for the WWA World Championship. Unlike other cage matches, the only way that you can win is by escaping over the top of the cage and having your feet hit the floor.

Jerry Lawler: Hennig can barely move, more or less climb! Russo’s a power hungry madman!

Final of Seven Deadly Sins Tournament (Steel Cage Match)

For the WWA World Championship

Curt Hennig vs. Jeff Jarrett (w/ Vince Russo)

As the cage is fully lowered and secured, Curt Hennig has managed to stagger to his feet and into the corner. The referee shows each competitor the WWA World Championship before handing it to the ringside official. As the door is shut, the referee signals to each of the wrestlers and the WWA Championship Match is underway!

Jarrett clearly takes advantage of the weariness of Hennig, as he immediately begins assaulting Hennig with a series of lefts and right. A headlock by Jarrett is countered by a throw to the ropes and a vicious clothesline from Hennig! One can clearly see that Curt is not his normal self, having to wrestle two matches in a row. As Hennig pulls Jarrett to his feet, he is shoved into the walls of the cage, where Jarrett drags his opponents face across the steel. A suplex from The Chosen One leaves Hennig down, and Jarrett begins the slow climb to ascend the cage. As he reaches up for the top of the steel, Hennig manages to grab ahold of his boots and stop his climb. Jeff attempts to counter by kick Curt, but all that he meets is air, as the former Mr. Perfect dodges the kicks and pulls Jeff down…RIGHT ON THE RING ROPES!!! Jarrett can clearly be seen in pain as he falls to the mat. Hennig begins to climb the cage himself, but one can clearly see that he is gassed from his two consecutive matches, and the climb is very slow.

The Chosen One manages to stagger to his feet, but clearly is starting to show immense pain. He grabs the back of Curt Hennig’s wrestling singlet, and pulls him down right on his back! Jarrett, clearly thinking that wasn’t enough, proceed to lock the figure four on Hennig! If he wasn’t in enough pain already, Curt might be ready to pass out now. He’s tapping, but this match can only be won by escaping the cage. Jarrett, seeing how much pain his opponent is in, let’s go of the figure four and begins to climb the cage again. As he reaches the top, he straddles the top of the cage, clearly catching his breathe. Hennig stumbles to his feet, and out of nowhere gets a burst of energy from nowhere! He jumps to the top of the turnbuckle and grabs Jarrett, and pulls him off the top of the cage!

Jeremy Borash: I can’t believe it! Curt Hennig just hit a SUPERPLEX off the top of the cage on Jeff Jarrett! I can’t believe it! I can’t believe it!

With both wrestlers laying on the ground, clearly out of energy and beaten to a pulp, it was only a matter of time to see which one stirs first. And its Curt Hennig to his feet first! He stumbles over to the turnbuckle and begins his ascent to the top of the cage. As his hand finally reaches the top of the cage, Jarrett can be seen beginning to stir. Hennig manages to pull himself to the top of the cage, and almost lays on the top of the steel. As Jarrett rises to his feet he sees that Hennig is about to fall to the other side, and attempts to chase down Hennig…but to no avail as just as Jarrett reaches for Curt he rolls off the side of the cage, hangs for a moment before dropping to the floor! WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION! WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!

Curt Hennig d. Jeff Jarrett in 17:56 via escaping the cage

Curt Hennig wins WWA World Championship

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

As Hennig hits the crowd the crowd erupts in a massive cheer, as Curt Hennig has just won his first ever world championship! Meanwhile, Jarrett is slowly let out of the cage as he and the WWA General Manager sulk to the back.

Jeremy Borash: I can’t believe it King, I can’t believe it! After all the stuff that Hennig has been put through by Mr. Russo, he still manages to come out on top!

Jerry Lawler: Curt Hennig, congratulations! His first world championship and its right here in the WWA! Where else are you going to see that?

Jeremy Borash: Nowhere King, thank you ladies and gentlemen for joining us here at the WWA Inception! Check out our website at http://www.WWAllstars.com for all the latest news and happenings in the WWA! Until next time, this is Jeremy Borash and Jerry Lawler.

Hennig is handed the gold and raises the championship belt above his head, as confetti falls from the rafters. Clearly worn out and tired, the look of joy upon his face seems to trump his pain and the image of Hennig raising the belt above his head is our last image we see as we fade to black…

World Wrestling Allstars

News & Notes, Issue #001

Sunday, October 28, 2001

- The reviews regarding the inaugural show of the World Wrestling Allstars have been mediocre at best. With Vince Russo heading the creative department, the so called "Crash TV" element was at a forefront during the event. All seven matches on the card featured gimmicks or stipulations, with the only natural match being the elimination match. Overall, reviews range from a low of D-'s to C+'s, with an average coming out to about a C-. The highest rated match of the night was the Steel Cage Championship match between Curt Hennig and Jeff Jarrett, while the tables match between Hennig and Disco Inferno has been cited as the worst on the card.

- The Pay-per-View buyrate for Inception has also been released, as a respectable 0.16. This equates to approximately 64,000 buys, which officials within the company is said to be a little disappointed in, although not completely. The expectation was for 75,000, with a break even point set at 85,000. While not meeting with the expectations, officials are encouraged by the purchases due to the limited amount of advertising that was put out for the event.

- The decision to put the WWA World Championship on Curt Hennig was reportedly a last minute decision, as Brian Armstrong was originally scheduled to take the strap. However, lead announcer Jeremy Borash reportedly convinced Russo to change his decision and give Hennig the victory. The reason for the change has yet been unreported, but Armstrong was apparently irate at the change in direction.

- A television deal for the WWA has not yet been reached, but the company has been looking for a national outlet on television in both Australia and the United States. It has been reported that News Corporation (Owner of FOX and its affiliates) has been in conversation about bringing a program to one of its networks, although nothing has been finalized as of yet. It is being reported that Fox would only be interested in programming if the promotion moved its headquarters to the United States, which is something owner Andrew McManus may be unwilling to do.

- Originally, Lex Luger was reported to have been in contract negotiations with the promotion, but negotiations broke down as the buyout for Luger's AOL-Time Warner contract began to increase in price. Luger stated that he would be interested in working for the promotion following his deals expiration in December of this year.

- The WWA is also promoting a show at State Netball and Hockey Centre, (also know as "The Cage"), scheduled to take place on Wednesday, October 31. The advertised card is as followed:

World Wrestling Allstars Live!

October 31, 2001

The Dark Ward (Gangrel & Vampiro) vs. Los Diablos (Konnan & Psicosis)

Nathan Jones vs. Norman Smiley

Cruiserweight Battle Royal

Devon Storm vs. Guido Maritato vs. Low Ki vs. Matt Bentley vs. Shark Boy vs. Super Nova

Brian Armstrong & Rick Steiner vs. Steve Corino (w/ Dawn Marie) & Disco Inferno

WWA World Championship Match

Curt Hennig © vs. Jeff Jarrett

Question, Comments, and Predictions for the Show are welcome!

World Wrestling Allstars Live!

Live from State Netball and Hockey Centre

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

October 31, 2001

Attendance: 2,253

Welcome to the WWA Live!

As fans are filing into their seats, the voice of the World Wrestling Allstars Jeremy Borash is in the ring with a microphone.

Jeremy Borash: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the World Wrestling Allstars! We have an exciting night in store for you, with the main event of the evening seeing Jeff Jarrett take on World Champion Curt Hennig!

A loud chorus of cheers rains throughout the arena with the mention of the wrestler formerly known as Mr. Perfect.

Jeremy Borash: But before we get to that, we have a tag team match between two of the most exciting teams in the WWA! So sit back and enjoy the action of World Wrestling Allstars.

As JB slides out of the ring and heads toward the back, “Kong at the Gate” sounds over the loudspeakers, and out from the back come the duo of Gangrel and Vampiro, otherwise known as the Dark Ward. The pair slowly make their way down the entranceway, discussing something back and forth between each other before stepping into the ring. As the occultists walk around the ring, VIVA LA RAZA blasts over the loud speakers as Bow Wow Wow by Konnan brings the crowd to their feet. Los Diablos (featuring Konnan and Psicosis) come out from behind the curtain, dancing to the music and slapping hands as they make their way down the entranceway and slide into the ring.

The Dark Ward (Gangrel & Vampiro) vs. Los Diablos (Konnan & Psicosis)

The match started with Gangrel and Konnan circling each other, before engaging in the normal antics that one would see in a tag team match. Psicosis ends up getting tagged in and over powered by Gangrel, and the storytelling of the babyface in distress begins, with the Dark Ward working over the much smaller luchadore After a few minutes of working over the former masked superstar, Psicosis ends up making the hot tag to Konnan who goes on a bit of a run, forcing both occultists out of the ring. But before long, Konnan suffers the same fate that his tag partner, and falls victim to Vampiros Nail in the Coffin.

The Dark Ward (Gangrel & Vampiro) d. Los Diabloes (Konnan & Psicosis) in 9:03 via Nail in the Coffin (Vampiro pinned Konnan)

Suckas Gotta Know?!?!

Following the tag match, the sounds of “Rap Sheet” sounds over the PA and Stevie Ray makes his way down to the ring, microphone in hand. He makes his way around the ringside area, greeting fans before walking into the ring.

Stevie Ray: Whaddup Melbourne?!?!

The mention of their home city brings a loud round of cheers from the audience.

Stevie Ray: Welcome to Suckas Gotta Know! Na’ let me introduce ya to my guest for ta’night, tha one, tha only, tha WWA WORLD CHAMPION!!! Curt Hennig!!!

“Theme from Exodus” is heard and out from behind the curtain comes the WWA World Champion, Curt Hennig. The crowd cheers loudly as he makes his way down to the ring, with the world title slung over his shoulder.

Stevie Ray: Now Champ, at Inception we saw ya go toe ta toe with “The Chosen One”, disrespect an’ all. Tell me, Suckas gotta know whatcha think about ‘im?

Curt Hennig: You know Stevie, Jeff Jarrett thinks he’s entitled to something because he’s all buddy buddy with the General Manager. Well let me tell you, if he deserved another shot at this title like he’s getting tonight, he would’ve have needed his buddy to help him in the tournament. But you know what, I’ve never been one to complain, because…(chuckles)…I’ve never backed down from a challenge. That would prevent me from being…simply…perfect.

Stevie Ray: So ya sayin’ that you’re not upset about them gangin’ up on ya?

Curt Hennig: Upset? Why would I be upset? I am the World Champion, I’ve got nothing to complain about…other than the fact that he’s gonna have a man in his corner tonight. You know Stevie, I could always use the support.

Stevie Ray: I’m there brotha! Now Jarret, can ya dig that, sucka?!?!

Stevie shakes hands with the World Champion as the duo proceeds to exit the ring.

As they walk behind the curtain, the theme music for “Screamin’” Norman Smiley sounds and out comes former WCW Hardcore Champion, clad in a Melbourne Storm (the local National Rugby League team) jersey. He jogs down the entranceway and slides into the ring before “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC begins playing. The music plays for a brief moment before out from the back comes Australia’s own Nathan Jones, who gets a huge reaction from the crowd. He jumps up on the ring apron before stepping over the top rope, and the second match of the evening begins.

Nathan Jones vs. “Screamin’” Norman Smiley

If there was ever a definition of a squash match, this was it. Norman starts by attempting to jump on the seven foot titan, who reacts by throwing him on the ground. After a repeated beating by the native, Norman would be picked up one more time before being lifted up for a chokeslam, which easily allowed for Jones to make the three count.

Nathan Jones d. “Screamin’” Norman Smiley in 3:01 via Chokeslam

Following the match, Smiley would be carried out on a stretcher while Jones was cheered as he walked to the back. As soon as smiley was eliminated, a generic song began playing and out came the six cruiserweights who were scheduled to face off in tonight’s battle royal.

Cruiserweight Battle Royal

Devon Storm vs. Guido Maritato vs. Low Ki vs. Matt Bentley vs. Shark Boy vs. Super Nova

The match itself was nothing to write home about, as it involved the typical battle royal mix ups in the beginning. A few punches were thrown, before the six wrestlers began to really show off their high flying nature. It was clear that the lighter wrestlers were not focusing much on storytelling, as big move after big move would be hit and the opponent would either immediately get up or sell the move for a first time. The crowd was clearly behind Shark Boy in this matchup, mainly due to the comedic nature of his gimmick, though he was eliminated first. Low Ki soon followed, as did Matt Bentley leaving the three veterans of the industry in the ring. Super Nova was the next one to go, as he attempted to hit a Nova Missle and Devon Storm tossed him out of the ring. The two remaining competitors would the move to a more ground based assault, as a few low risks moved were used rather than the high flying, high impact moves of the rookie cruisers. As Guido rose to the top rope, he attempted a missile dropkick, which would miss and cause him to hit the ground hard. Storm would then wait in the corner until a superkick would send the Little Italy member to the outside, scoring the win for Devon Storm.

Devon Storm wins Battle Royal in 12:54 by last eliminating Guido Maritato

Following the match, it was time for the semi-main event of the evening. Welcome to the Jungle sounds throughout the arena, bringing out Rick Steiner, who makes his way down to the ring. As he slides in the ring, “OH YOU DIDN’T KNOW?!?!” is heard over the loud speakers as it brought out “The Dogg” Brian Armstrong, microphone in hand.

Brian Armstrong: Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages…the World Wrestling Allstars is proudly brings to you, yes it’s me, it’s me, that D-O-Double G…Brian Armstrong. And speaking of dogs, I happen to have one as my partner tonight. He might be wearing red, but by god I’m wearing that neon green…and if you’re not down with that we’ve got two words for ya!?!

Crowd: Suck it!!!

Following the pre-match antics of the former member of Degeneration-X, the music of Steve Corino sounds, bringing the trio of Dawn Marie, Disco Inferno, and the aforementioned Corino out into the arena. They quickly make their way down to the ring, and the referee signals to ring the bell.

“The Dogg” Brian Armstrong & Rick Steiner vs. Steve Corino (w/ Dawn Marie) & Disco Inferno

With Disco and Rick Steiner in the ring, each of the competitors looked to avenge their losses the prior weekend, albeit in front of a much smaller audience. While Disco went on the early offensive, the elder Steiner was able to outsmart the cocky superstars, eventually luring him into a nasty looking STF after a combination of suplexes. Inferno would eventually tag in Corino, who himself would go to wear down both Steiner and Armstrong, who took various chances at trying to beat the former “King of Old School.” Corino would reply with various underhanded tactics, including grabbing the referee to protect himself and allowing Disco to get some illegal hits in the corner. Eventually, the dirty techniques of Corino would prevail, and he would end up pinning Armstrong after an Old School Kick, which was assisted by the use of the ring ropes.

Steve Corino & Disco Inferno d. Brian Armstrong & Rick Steiner in 13:11 via Old School Kick (Corino pinned Armstrong)

After the tag match, it meant there was only a single match left for the evening…the main event Championship match! Out first was the challenger, Vince Russo’s so called “Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett. The duo were looking cocky as ever, and even with Stevie Ray at ringside it appeared that Russo and Jarrett were heavily confident. “Theme from Exodus” would once again play, bringing out WWA World Champion Curt Hennig, followed closely by his associate for the night, Stevie Ray. The champion would toss his towel behind his back before catching it, and then smack the piece of gum he was chewing into the audience, as he would prepare for his first title defense.

For the WWA World Championship

Jeff Jarrett (w/ Vince Russo) vs. Curt Hennig © (w/ Stevie Ray)

Before the match even started, the WWA General Manager Russo would start jawing with the champion, causing him to become distracted and allowing for Jeff Jarrett to take advantage by hitting him with a series of forearms. Hennig would eventually retaliate and move the action to the ground, where the two wrestlers would each perform various submission moves on one another. At a point late in the match, Jarrett would apply the figure-four to the champion, but would be forced to break the hold after grabbing onto the bottom rope. While arguing with the referee, it would allow the champion to recover and prepare himself behind the challenger, before picking Jarrett up and hitting the Hennigplex, which would score him the pinfall and his first successful title defense.

Curt Henning d. Jeff Jarrett in 10:02 via Hennigplex

Following the match, Curt and Stevie would make their way to the back while Russo and Jarrett tried to plead their case to the referee, which only fell on deaf ears…

I remember WWA and I actually have a couple of their pay per views on VHS, They may have not of been the best but they were decent. Im a production guy so the lack of production values kind of turned me off to watching them at first but I like wrestling and the wrestling was great.

Anyways I will be following this dynasty, I normally don't follow real world Dynasties but after seeing the thread title this was one that I just couldn't pass up.

Good luck with it dude.

<p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">World Wrestling Allstars</span></strong></p><p><strong> News & Notes, Issue #002</strong></p><p> <span style="font-size:8px;">Sunday, November 4, 2001</span></p><p> </p><p> - It is being reported that News Corporation has agreed to a preliminary contract with the promotion to air a one hour television show every Saturday Night at 11:00 PM on Fox Sports Net. The deal is not set in stone just yet, but if it is agreed to the promotion will begin airing programming next month.</p><p> </p><p> - A condition of the television deal was that the WWA would need to move its operations stateside. The temporary headquarters will be located in Los Angeles, California while the promotion looks for a more permanent home. Rumored locations include Las Vegas, NV and Orlando, FL.</p><p> </p><p> - The promotion has also come to terms on the release of two workers on Saturday. Jerry "The King" Lawler's contract was bought out due to him wishing to work for the rival X Wrestling Federation. The loss of Lawler means the loss of the companies Color Commentator, and reported rumors include Joey Styles, Mark Madden, and Stevie Ray as possible replacements. Also, "Screamin'" Norman Smiley has been released under much better terms than Lawler, as he wished to take time off for his family. Management has reported that they would be interested in bringing Smiley back.</p><p> </p><p> - With the move to the United States, the use of local referees from Australia will cease. The company has hired former World Championship Wrestling referee Mark "Slick" Johnson as well as former World Wrestling Federation referee Danny Davis. Johnson was most famous for being Scott Steiner's personal referee in the dying days of WCW, while Davis was acclaimed for being a dirty referee until his firing from the WWF in 1995. A third referee, John Cone of World League Wrestling, has also been signed.</p><p> </p><p> - The promotion has also announced the signing of former WCW Ring Announcer David Penzer to do the ring announcing.</p><p> </p><p> - While there is no scheduled television taping or pay-per-view event for this month, the WWA has announced their first American show which will take place at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena in Los Angeles, CA on November 16. The advertised card is as follows:</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33533" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>World Wrestling Allstars Live!</strong></p><p> <span style="font-size:8px;">November 16, 2001</span></p><p> </p><p> Little Italy (Guido Maritato & Tony Luke) (w/ Tracy Maritato) vs. Devon Storm & Super Nova</p><p> </p><p> Konnan (w/ Psicosis) vs. Gangrel (w/ Vampiro)</p><p> </p><p> Nathan Jones vs. Jim Duggan</p><p> </p><p> Rick Steiner vs. Jeff Jarrett (w/ Vince Russo)</p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWA World Championship Match</span></p><p> Curt Henning © vs. Brian Christopher</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <em>Thanks for everyone who commented and is enjoying the diary. Both the last show and this coming show are kind of like "house show", as they feature no television crew and the like, which is why I didn't use the commentators as much. As always, predictions are welcome!</em></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PITFan48" data-cite="PITFan48" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33533" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <em>Thanks for everyone who commented and is enjoying the diary. Both the last show and this coming show are kind of like "house show", as they feature no television crew and the like, which is why I didn't use the commentators as much. As always, predictions are welcome!</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a neat little touch. I enjoyed the product back in the day, even remember watching their PPVs. And the roster is certainly nice.</p>

<p><strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Pro Wrestling Torch</span></strong></p><p> <em><span style="font-size:8px;">Monday, November 19, 2001</span></em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>WWA Live Review</strong></p><p><strong> November 16, 2001</strong></p><p><strong> Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena</strong></p><p><strong> Los Angeles, CA</strong></p><p><strong> By Jason Bridges, PWTorch Columnist</strong></p><p> </p><p> - The arena is set up much different than their Australian shows. The entrance features no video board and a mere curtain with lighting around it. Seems eerily similar to the lighting rig used by ECW at their shows. The lights in the arena are also off, other than those focusing on the ring. The venue also is very cavernous, and I'd be surprised if there are 2,000 people here.</p><p> </p><p> - Jeremy Borash comes out and says some stuff hyping up the World Wrestling Allstars. Saying this is their first American show and blah blah blah. One thing of note he does say is that Brian Christopher has been injured and will not be facing Curt Hennig for the World Championship tonight. Instead Hennig has issued an open challenge for anyone to challenge him. My money's on Armstrong.</p><p> </p><p> <em>1 - Little Italy (Guido Maritato & Tony Luke) (w/ Tracy Maritato) vs. Devon Storm & Super Nova</em></p><p> </p><p> Tracy Maritato is Tracy Brookshaw on the independent circuit. Typical tag match, not much to see here. Luke plays the babyface in peril well, and Guido eventually ends up pinning Storm after the Maritator in about six minutes. Short opener, hope the length of the matches improves...but it is being booked by Russo so who knows.</p><p> </p><p> <em>Little Italy d. Devon Storm & Tony Luke in 6:12 via Maritator</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> - Out comes Stevie Ray, with Sucka's Gotta Know. He goes through his schtick before bringing out his guest for the night, "The Dogg" Brian Armstrong. Armstrong does his schtick as well (Which I'm sick of after one freaking time) and then goes on to say that while he would like to, he is not challenging Hennig for the Championship tonight. Says that he didn't bring his wrestling trunks, nor is he ready to compete tonight. Lame, and there goes my prediction. </p><p> </p><p> <em>2 - Gangrel (w/ Vampiro) vs. Konnan (w/ Psicosis)</em></p><p> </p><p> Konnan and Gangrel go at it, and to everyone's surprise the match isn't that bad or short. The duo make use of their brawling skills, and Konnan does a bit of mat work here and there. At one point about halfway through the match, he locks in the Tequila Sunrise and almost makes Gangrel tap...but he reaches the ropes for a break. The ending saw Konnan go for a K-Factor, which was countered into an Impaler, which was countered into a K-Factor, which was countered into an Impaler that (Finally!) hits. 3 count later and Gangrel is your winner.</p><p> </p><p> <em>Gangrel d. Konnan in 14:01 via Imapler</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <em>3 - Nathan Jones vs. Jim Duggan</em></p><p> </p><p> Out comes Duggan, 2x4 and American Flag. Ah, what a great American Duggan is! And then here comes the towering Jones. Poor Jimmy. Some vicious punches, a sidewalk slam, followed by a chokeslam and Duggan's out. </p><p> </p><p> <em>Nathan Jones d. Jim Duggan in 2:38 via Chokeslam</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> - After the match Jeremy Borash comes out with 6 girls with slingshots and T-Shirts and a t-shirt toss happens. J.B. introduces the girls as the "Starlettes" who are wearing blank spandex with silver tops. Reminds me of the Nitro Girls. Almost got a t-shirt too, it was two seats away! Nothing special, simple black shirt with the logo on it. </p><p> </p><p> <em>4 - Jeff Jarrett (w/ Vince Russo) vs. Rick Steiner</em></p><p> </p><p> Jarrett comes out with Russo, and the two talk about how they got screwed out of the championship at WWA Inception, and how it should be him in the title match tonight. Wasn't it an open challenge? Russo is eventually interrupted by Ricky, who comes down starting the match immediately. Good technical match, and I'm surprised Rick can still go this good. Alot of submissions, including Rick using Jarrett's Figure Four on him. Jarrett eventually brings out the guitar, and while Russo distracts referee Slick Johnson, Jarrett hits the Acoustic Equalizer on Rick. Jarrett scores the three count, and Russo gets in the ring and cockily raises Jarrett's hand.</p><p> </p><p> <em>Jeff Jarrett d. Rick Steiner in 14:41 via Acoustic Equalizer (Guitar Shot)</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <em>WWA World Championship: Curt Hennig vs. ???</em></p><p> </p><p> Now its time for the main event. Hennig comes out first, and he does his whole spit the gum and hit it and throw the towel behind his back thing. He gets in the ring and the lights go out before we hear some punkish sounding music...it eventually comes into Anarchy in the U.K. by the Sex Pistols before the spotlight hits the ramp and out comes THE BRITISH BULLDOG!!!! Davey Boy Smith comes down the walkway as the crowd goes nuts. He gets in the ring, sporting his old Union Jack trunks instead of the jeans he wore in his last run in the WWF. He looks smaller than he used to, but does seem all that unhealthy. The match itself is nothing special, and even matchup between the two. Smith hits a powerslam and literally gets a 2.9999999 count before Hennig kicked out. Eventually Curt gets Davey Boy in position for a Hennigplex and retains his title after a three count.</p><p> </p><p> <em>Curt Hennig d. Davey Boy Smith in 12:57 via Hennigplex</em></p><p> </p><p> - And that's it from LA. Not a great show, but it wasn't bad for it being a simple house show. Glad to see Davey Boy back, hopefully he'll be signed for the long term. Anyways, til next time, peace out girlscout.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33533" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I went with a little different style here, rather writing a report like it would be written on a website because it was a house show. Expect the full write up to return for Television and PPV's, just seeing how this style goes over.</div></blockquote>

<p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">World Wrestling Allstars</span></strong></p><p><strong> News & Notes, Issue #003</strong></p><p> <span style="font-size:8px;">Sunday, November 25, 2001</span></p><p> </p><p> - The WWA hosted a live event last weekend, which experienced many problems and could be proof of trouble happening within the promotion. Brian Christopher, who was scheduled to face Hennig for the World Championship was caught drunk driving in early November, causing the company to suspend him for the month. He was replaced with Davey Boy Smith, who was signed shortly after he returned from his hiatus midway through the month from his rehabilitation. The crowd was also much less than expected with 1,933 fans attending the show in an arena that seats over 16,000. Not a good sign, and the WWA has said it plans on running house shows in smaller venues.</p><p> </p><p> - Speaking of venues, the WWA has agreed to make their home in Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, at Soundstage 24. The arena will be known as the WWA Arena (temporarily) and will seat about 600 fans. The XWF, who former commentator Jerry Lawler now works for, films their shows at the adjacent Soundstage 21. </p><p> </p><p> - Speaking of the XWF, it has agreed to a television deal with the USA Network, former home of WWF's Monday Night RAW. The show will be called XWF In Your Face and air on Friday's at 9:00 for 60 minutes. With both the WWA finalizing their deal and the XWF coming to terms on a deal, three promotions will now have national television coverage for the first time since October of 2000. </p><p> </p><p> - There is also rumors on the contract of Curt Hennig, mainly due to a large issued which occurred at the last round of XWF tapings. Hennig appeared at the top of the ramp following a match between Hulk Hogan and Buff Bagwell. Since Hennig is only on a Pay-Per-Appearance contract, the WWA cannot take any action against Hennig, but Head of Creative Vince Russo has been reported as saying that he does not want his champion appearing on rival programming.</p><p> </p><p> - The WWA has also named their show which will debut on Saturday, December 1st. The show, entitled WWA Saturday Night, will be taped this upcoming Tuesday, and every Wednesday thereafter.</p><p> </p><p> - Speaking of WWA Saturday Night, the WWA has released the preview for the first ever show:</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33533" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> The first ever World Wrestling Allstars Saturday Night is sure to be a tremendous event! General Manager Vince Russo has been called by WWA Executives and is said to be under the microscope! What will happen to the General Manager and his "Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett?</p><p> </p><p> The cruiserweights of the WWA are coming at you, with a four way match scheduled between Guido Maritato, Psicosis, Devon Storm, and Super Nova! Who will win in this high flying contest?</p><p> </p><p> And in our main event, the in-ring return of "The Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith! For the first time in over a year, Davey Boy will step foot in the ring on national television as he takes on the self proclaimed "King of Old School" Steve Corino!</p><p> </p><p> So be sure to tune in this Saturday for all the fun filled, blood pumping, high flying action of the World Wrestling Allstars! Saturday Night at 11:00 PM EST!</p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:8px;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Scheduled Matches</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:8px;"> Devon Storm vs. Guido Maritato (w/ Tony Luke & Tracy Maritato) vs. Psicosis (w/ Konnan) vs. Super Nova</span></p><p><span style="font-size:8px;"> Davey Boy Smith vs. Steve Corino (w/ Dawn Marie)</span></p><p> </p></div></blockquote>

Archived