Have been taking a look at this, and it looks great...i just have a few questions...

what is the best way to build an org.. ? Constantly hiring, or managing what u have?

If i use a modern day Mod, is it possible to actually build a lower ranked organization up enough to compete with the ufc?

I've been playing the demo, and it seems the only thing to do between events is watch the news and try to hire fighters away from other orgs...is that about right , or am i missing a whole lot.??

Thanx in advance....

Hi!

what is the best way to build an org.. ?

Build around a strong fighter. Keep him winning, keep him popular and keep your buy rates up. Don't forget to build up a batch of young stars!

Constantly hiring, or managing what u have?

I've done both. I generally try to keep guys as long as possible, giving them the benefit of the doubt, but if they consistently lose, I have to let them go.

If i use a modern day Mod, is it possible to actually build a lower ranked organization up enough to compete with the ufc?

Definitely. It's a lot easier if you have a pay per view deal lined up, even a small one, but it's definitely possible with smart money management. Or you can edit your money and not have to worry about that. :D

I've been playing the demo, and it seems the only thing to do between events is watch the news and try to hire fighters away from other orgs...is that about right , or am i missing a whole lot.??

You can plan events, scout fighter, watch other shows.

If you can think of any other relevant things to do, please mention it in the thread.

You can 'talk' to fighters to check if they're happy. As for the rest of the things, you can make up your own rules for signing/firing fighters. Some people have a 3-loss rule where they fire people on a losing streak of 3.

The best way to build an organisation is to focus on several talented guys who seem to have great stats, and pair them up against lesser gods, all the while marketing them to let them get popular. Try and get as much talented guys as you can. Don't focus on a single one as he will get stolen often. But then again, the AI is not aggressive in this game so you don't have to worry about that.

A good hint to building a lower-end organisation is to divert from the classic 5-division model. I suggest having a 'lightweight', 'middleweight' and 'heavyweight' division that are well stacked, where guys who fall in-between can are drafted up or down one weight class. If you're relatively 'new' to the game, it's easy to get lost in all the contract settlements and different fighters you employ.

Don't think about 'winning the game.' Don't worry about competing with the UFC. This game (and TEW, for that matter) is all about the journey (the here and now), not what might happen in several years. It'll take you a loooong time to get to a high level if you're starting small, so if you think too much about getting to the top then you'll start to get impatient and lose interest. Just enjoy being small, and eventually you won't be anymore.

Unless you're cheating on money, low level regional takes a long time to build up. Once you're at high level regional, it becomes a little easier to be a 'Strikeforce/Bellator' sized promotion and at the very least you'll be a thorn in the side of the big companies.

When I do small companies, my personal rule is to allow them to steal from me (if the company is, say, two or more levels above me). It adds a large challenge and is fun to see how the guys I built up do on the big stage. But, obviously...that's probably something you should try after you've been playing awhile.

Archived