I have been working at this game on and off for a while and one of the biggest issues I have with any promotion I work for is building up a wrestlers momentum. It seems like no matter what I do, it falls. Any pointers how to improve momentum?

I have been working at this game on and off for a while and one of the biggest issues I have with any promotion I work for is building up a wrestlers momentum. It seems like no matter what I do, it falls. Any pointers how to improve momentum?

Momentum is not complex, although at first it will be scary. It's exactly what the name implies. Think of it as the crowds expectation for the wrestler. If the wrestler has been winning cleanly in big matches and putting on great promos the fans start pulling to see that wrestler more often and closer to the top of the rankings. that worker has 'momentum."

If you have a worker go on a horrible losing streak, the fans will lose a bit of interest and his momentum will drop.

So you build it up much the same way you build overness. Good wins, in clean matches, cutting good promos, and participating in a good storyline.

You can also sometimes get momentum increases by well received gimmick changes or turns from face/heel, but be careful using those. A bad one can kill a wrestlers momentum.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention.

You won't usually see a wrestler's momentum rise much past the level of match they are wrestling in. If you have a wrestler who is only putting out C level matches, don't expect to see him gain B level momentum. It can be done, but its rather difficult as the momentum does reflect how he's been performing.

First get a wrestler over.... then they will build momentum. Keep them strong to build momentum. Get wins on every show or in fantastic angles. Having a good gimmick and not a bad one will also raise their momentum. Gimmicky gimmicks seem to raise momentum too.

To get someone over, use a brute style gimmick and have them dominate in 1 minute matches. That will get them over pretty quick, BUT the catch is that won't gain momentum. Then you have someone else wrestle them and go over in longer matches. So you're using your brute to build the other guy. The other guy that beats the brute will get popular and gain momentum.

Another great way to gain momentum is have a great talker cut 10 minute promos once they get 50 - 60 in popularity.

Archived