Help on creating my promotion specs please?

What I'm trying to create is a promotion that would rival today's TNA & WWE.

Most of what I want has to do with the "PG Era" and "Attitude Era". An in between if you will. An edgier product that isn't too over the top (like TNA can be). Combining realism with swearing, more concentration on the actual wrestling vs brawling like the current era is but not completely forgetting the hardcore/brawling matches.

So, I'm guessing the time period best representing this would be 2007/2008 WWE when they were slowly moving from the edgy attitude era to the current pg version.

I've bolded what I need help with mainly. The ones that I have selected otherwise is basically what I'm set on for sure unless there would be a good reason for me to move it up or down.

Traditional

Mainstream

Comedy: Low

Cult

Risque

Modern

Realism: Low

Hyper Realism

Hardcore: Low

Lucha Libre

Pure

Daredevil

Match Intensity

Match Danger

Women's Wrestling: Division

T&A Levels: Low

Face/Heel Divide: Medium

Looks like you wnat everything and the kitchen sink, heh.

But more seriously, you wouldn't want too a lot of Hyper-Realism or Pure in the product you are asking for. Low, at best? Edgy, but not TOO edgy, eh?

Key Feature: Mainstream

Heavy: Cult

Medium: Traditional, Lucha Libre, Modern, Risque, Daredevil

Low: Hyper Realism, Realism, Pure, Hardcore

Leave the Hyper Realism and Realism out. I'd also toss the Pure. You're trying to run an entertainment promotion and those elements will eviscerate your gimmick ratings. You'll also find that your angles will be received slightly better with them not present. Hyper Realism (read: MMA), Realism, and Pure fans don't like angles at all. The three of them at low roughly equals one of them at Medium. (Before you scoff, go try it). You're essentially creating a product with two sides that hate each other.

I'd go with the product suggested minus the Hyper Realism, Realism, and Pure. At no time during that period did WWE ever truly integrate Hyper Realism, Realism, or Pure. I harp on this a lot but, remember these are the same fans who chanted "BORING" when Regal and Finlay wrestled an excellent Pure style match at the Bash back in, what, 2006?

Leave the Hyper Realism and Realism out. I'd also toss the Pure. You're trying to run an entertainment promotion and those elements will eviscerate your gimmick ratings. You'll also find that your angles will be received slightly better with them not present. Hyper Realism (read: MMA), Realism, and Pure fans don't like angles at all. The three of them at low roughly equals one of them at Medium. (Before you scoff, go try it). You're essentially creating a product with two sides that hate each other.

I'd go with the product suggested minus the Hyper Realism, Realism, and Pure. At no time during that period did WWE ever truly integrate Hyper Realism, Realism, or Pure. I harp on this a lot but, remember these are the same fans who chanted "BORING" when Regal and Finlay wrestled an excellent Pure style match at the Bash back in, what, 2006?

Question: The three of the together at Low is One of the at Medium? That's interesting. How did you find this out? What about all three of them at Very Low? Same thing?

Looks like you wnat everything and the kitchen sink, heh.

But more seriously, you wouldn't want too a lot of Hyper-Realism or Pure in the product you are asking for. Low, at best? Edgy, but not TOO edgy, eh?

Key Feature: Mainstream

Heavy: Cult

Medium: Traditional, Lucha Libre, Modern, Risque, Daredevil

Low: Hyper Realism, Realism, Pure, Hardcore

This is excellent help. Thank you both very much!

Archived