The "Describe That Finisher!" thread.

In a similar vein to the "Name That Finisher" thread, this is a thread for speculating/imagining/brainstorming what certain C-Verse characters' finishers look like.

We have a few that are re or less canon thanks to the long profile descriptions and Wrestling Spirit games. The problem with the latter solution, is that:

A) Not everyone has their own moveset, thus don't have their own finisher. I think maybe a third of the C-Verse characters have a unique moveset and that's being generous.

And B) Some of these don't really seem to fit. The Proton Lock as described in WreSpi II needs quite a lot of flexibility... the kind that you see in women wrestlers (MsChif being a great example) but not as much as in men. However, it's similar to the real-life Muta Lock, which would certainly be a reasonable substitute. The Proton Lock isn't the only oddity though. One of Primal Rage's finishers is a top rope DDT. This is a guy who is pretty big and hoss-like, I just don't see him doing a DDT off the top regularly. Another example is Tank Bradley, whose Tank Crush is described as a fallaway slam, which isn't really a "crush"ing move.

Also, this would be a suitable place for suggesting possible finishers for C-Verse workers without any kind of finisher... or answering questions about RW worker's finishers for that matter.

I think a big guy doing a Top Rope DDT would be similar to Randy Orton's DDT, rather than the Avalanche DDT that most people would associate with the "top rope" modifier.

Also, "Fallaway Slam" has been used to describe both the Blockbuster Suplex (aka the standard Fallaway Slam we're all familiar with), and the Samoan Drop (which has also been referred to in Japanese wrestling as the Back Flip). So it could work, if you use the Samoan Drop definition.

I'm a font of wrestling move information. :)

This probably shouldn't go here, because I've read descriptions and I still just can't picture it...

I was on Rellik/Johnny Stamboli's wikipedia page and I was looking at his signatures/finishers and it said he innovated a move called an over the shoulder DDT. I cannot for the life of me find a video of this move and for some reason it's really bothering me.

Here's the wikipedia entry for it

Over the shoulder DDT

The attacking wrestler puts the opponent over the shoulder as in a powerslam set up but instead throws them off and around their body grabbing their head and executing a modified DDT or a modified facebuster.

Sounds like... you know how a guy goes for a front powerslam but swings the opponent into something more like a Rock Bottom? Kind of like that mixed with an F5.

It says over the shoulder though, like for Davey Boy's powerslam. That's what's throwing me off...

I just can't picture it in my head I guess.

I've wanted "Anger Management" to be something cooler than a Russian Legsweep ever since I saw that in WS. I wonder...if somehow he locked up the guy's head in a reverse DDT, then hit the legsweep, would that even work? Because I'm totally seeing that now, and it's either really cool or really killing someone through blunt force trauma.

Loads the dude up onto his right shoulder, ala Davey Boy's Powerslam. Spins him around, grabs the head under his left armpit and DDTs him. I'd imagine that's what it is.

Sounds vaguely like an F5, except swinging forward of the person applying the move, rather than backwards.

With the Anger Management, Jeff Jarrett's Stroke (falling forward) and Chris Jericho's Breakdown (opponent falls forward, Jericho backward) are legsweep variants, so it can be a viable finisher. The level of impact is key - Dolph Ziggler's Zig Zag is vaguely similar to a legsweep in that it's about snapping the opponent backwards (admittedly that's about the only similarity), but all the focus is on the head and neck, rather than the back.

But I like the idea of it being an inverted DDT variant... except I always thought that the inverted DDT was a bit of a weak move *shrug*

I don't think any of the women had moves in WS, so one I've wondered about is the Grace Under Fire (Grace Harper).

There's a lot of great names out there that i have no idea what they are.

A few from Deep Impact Wrestling:

Abattoir with The Killing Joke.

Big Rig with The Truck Stop.

Dumfrey Pinn with the Boss-A-Nova.

Warmonger with the Spine Shatterer

Cool names, no clue as to what they are. I suppose that's part of the fun, figuring them out, can't really be wrong. :)

I don't think any of the women had moves in WS

Incorrect. The big names had their moves. Ogiwara, Nakadan, Hiroyuki, Fish, J.Ro, Butler, etc. I don't think they were voiced though. Wait, no. Nakadan Spike was voiced, I believe.

But the womens' moves were mainly really simple. Like Wanda's 'Blonde Ambition' (a simple figure four) and Catherine Quine's Cat's Cradle (a simple La Magistral).

I don't care what WS2 says, to me, the J-Rocker is the

(and no, not that simple thing Christian does).

I watched that video and could not believe what I was seeing. It was like the first time I ever saw the Canadian Destroyer. It's like. O_O

Right? Who couldn't get over with a finisher like that? Then again, Petey...but the Destroyer seems to take a higher level of skill to take (not to mention execute safely) than what is essentially a double underhook somersault lung blower.

Speaking of Lung Blowers....

Warmonger with the Spine Shatterer

This could be one. It could also be an Inverted Headlock backbreaker (think Randy Orton) or even a simple spinebuster (with theatrics).

I think we'd have to wait for there to be a Wrestling Spirit 3 to find that out. Most of what we know of existing finishers comes from WS2, after all.

As soon as I read what I wrote, I knew it had come out wrong. I was curious as to what others thought it might be or have used within their own minds/diaries/etc.

Archived