Your Favourite Company in the C-Verse

did a search and didn't find anything so I thought I would start this up. Anyways as the title of the thread states what is your favoriote company in the C-Verse or your go to company if you will.

Mine is NOTBPW I have played numerous saves with them and the current save I have going is the longest save I have ever had with them and my 2nd longest save ever since I started playing the TEW series. Currently in December 2021 its the first time I have been able to sign and use Lucy Stone McFly and the eleven years I had to wait to get her was well worth it. Before that I was also able to sign and use David Stone as well.

Plus at the start of the save I was getting matches that scored a 90 or above on a regular basis. Now its not so easy anymore because my roster is a lot different from when I started but I am still having fun with it.

I know a lot of people dont seem to like NOTBPW but thats okay but I am wondering what you guys consider your favoriote company or your go to company in the C-Verse?

CZCW- The only company i can play more than a year of, although you take a raiding of your talent in the first month you're left with some good talent usually Fox Mask, Donnie J., Remmy Skye, Insane Machine and if you sign KC Glenn like i always do, you have a pretty nice crop of young talent. Another thing i like is they dont have an over population of belts which means each title has depth and feels important.

They also have my personal favorite worker in the C-verse. Which is California Love Machine, he's able to play the small fan favorite who fights for the crowds honor and the cocky and arrogant young punk type heel

I'm sure we've done this thread a few times but I'm more than happy to do it over again.

CZCW I love their entire starting roster. And then som eo fmy facorite workers are perfect additions to it. I've gotten then up to national once in 2010 but I did it a lot in 2008 and 2007. I miss Black Eagle and Skye, James and Perez always get taken, so does Prudence but I don't really care usually when he goes. And you only have two negative personalities on your roster to start and canning Al Coleman is a no brainer.

My original roster favorites are Marc Speed, Frankie Perez and Mikey James. I had one game where every year on the same date Marc Speed changed wrestling styles. It was so cool. I usually play pretty strict and follow the hiring rules set for the AI which are no heavier then Light Heavyweight and no one with less then D athleticism.

Three answers to this

I like SWF. Gilmore is someone who I always have something to do for. And ive gimmicked him so many different ways, No non-sense ruthless heel, franchise player, Lex Luthor. Hes just so easy to put into any gimmick.

Then theres FCW. I love their roster. Ox K being a protege of dread makes me always pull him into stories. Then they got Bouncer, and the latino kings.... and shawn gonzalez... favorite roster in the entire game

And MAW. I always have fun with them no matter what direction I decide to take with them.

NYCW, USPW and CZCW.

Out of the three, it's probably a tie between NYCW and USPW for my heart. They've both got great starting rosters and seemingly obvious storylines to kick off with and are in a position expand and develop from the start, and a good few of my favorites (Steve Flash, Black Hat Bailey, Engyma, Tyson Baine) are in those companies. Coastal Zone was my no.1 company back in TEW 2005, when they had Black Eagle and Primal Rage/Insane Machine as well as Frankie Perez and the Fly Boys waiting in the wings. They're in a good place to start in 2010 and they recoup roster losses quite easily in 2010 and forward into 2011 and 2012, so it's always a great run with them.

Guest codey
MAW. It's a decidedly old school promotion with a lot of great young talent that usually doesn't get poached very often. Plus, if you can keep Jay around to take over when Rip retires, you get a lot of new challenges to work with.

Hmm, cant really pick just one. But 4C, USPW and CZCW would be my top three.

4C because its Canadian, its gritty, its got DWN (and at one time Joey Poison). Sayeed Ali is a beast. Jacob Jett and Katie Cameron are some pretty cool kids too. Throw Mimic and Dagger in from ACPW and you've got a stew going.

USPW = nostalgia hulksmash funtimes. Lots of great characters, pretty easy to book, some interesting personalities to deal with, whats not to love?

CZCW is where all the cool kids go. Great young roster, lots of cool talent (that often get scooped up), James P is a boss. I always try and sign Acid. It sometimes works, I think its industry dependent. Insane Machine, Snap Dragon, Remmy Skye, Marc Speed, Cali Dragons, The Guru (who almost always ends up heading a major heel stable in my games), Masked Cougar, AAW... Again, whats not to love (Obvious exceptions being AmFlash and Coleman)?

MAW because they can become anything. They have a great open and easy product and i do love to the build up guys and either watch them leave for better things, or you can fight to get MAW to global.

I've recently found some love for Deep Impact Wrestling. It's a great company with some good guys in it. I like the beer and brawling but with some angles kinda company. I didn't feel much for PSW, i thought i would but it didn't click with me like DIW does. The aussie scene isn't that great but i can work with it.

Favorite guys is easily, Davis Wayne Newton. The guy has unlimited potential and he'll work for anyone when you start. Face or Heel, he's my go to guy.

USPW is my favorite promotion, decisively. Yes it's got Tyson Baine and Enygma and Liberty but honestly? My favorite wrestler is the Hardcore American Chris Caulfield. I absolutely love booking him as sort of a Mick Foley underdog against the giants. Plus his excellent psychology means pushing him as my top guy (which I always do, sorry Enygma/James) will ensure I pull out some great main events to help boost my shows as I race towards Global on Sam Strong's chariots made of money. Caulfield/Enygma as my Austin/Rock leads to some real wrestling classics, too. Then there's the slow-build of Nicky Champion towards main event status as you try to bring his ringwork up to where it needs to be, and the fact Christian Faith isn't going to re-sign with SWF. :D Yep, it's a really fun promotion to play for sure.

I also like to mess around with NYCW and APW here and there, but never get too far before I get bored. :p Used to love NOTB because it was easy and I like the Stone family, but eh, not so much anymore.

QAW, my blank canvas. :)

Agreed. That's one of the really great things about my training games. I can take a company that's not open at the start of the game under normal conditions, found them and use them as a blank slate to train up the guys I want to play with. No having to worry if the owner will let me resign a guy I like becuase he costs too much. No roster bloat I can't handle. No worrying I can't afford to cut a guy loose because of the type of contract he has. Just smooth sailing and sandbox play. Albeit with mostly scrubs.

But even that can be a benefit. Even if I cripple some poor schlep through bad booking there are 20 more just waiting for me to sign them and give them consistent work.

I prefer my own promotion but to answer the question USPW its just fun.

Honorable mention to RAW. They are sorta like the Aussie SWF. You can get the best talent down under and be the big fish in the small pond. Since you can't get to National and you will get to cult by accident you h.ave freedom to pretty much do whatever you want.

My longest games have always been with NYCW, it's a favourite for many reasons.

1 - Easy to book, nice match/angle ratio

2 - Lots of talent, but talent about to retire. This gives you a sort of 'blank slate' with an established company.

3 - Gets to Regional fairly quickly = more money.

Outside of NYCW, I think ROF are a good company, used to play as them when I first got into TEW. Good for beginners to start with.

My favorite compnany is little bit odd choice considering that I never played them, but I just like TCW. Not sure why, but some of it is because I like most of their roster.

Some of my other favorites would be companies that look like they could use some rebuilding. USPW is obvious one (and another one that I haven´t actually played yet) with all the old guys that would need to be replaced eventually. NYCW is another one as most of their main event is rather old.

FCW is another favorite because I like their starting roster. Same goes to ZEN as I just love their wacky starting roster and characters but I had always found it hard to bring new guys (outside their own graduates) in the promotion since most Australian wretlers just don´t seem to fit there.

I have to say that ZEN is one of the reasons that i bought the game. I haven't played them but knowing that ZEN was in there just made me laugh and i had to check it out myself. ZEN is a fun masterstroke for the game.

I rarely play the US scene on C-Verse. I tend to play as ROF because trying to become the best promotion in the UK is a favourite "task" I set myself. The only other long term game I have done in C-Verse is with PGHW because I like booking those sorts of promotions more than story driven ones.

My top 5 would be

1. PGHW

2. ROF

3. GCG

4. MOSC

5. ZEN (never played as them, but always see how they are doing in my games)

I have too many.

First is TCW which is the company that got me into the CVerse in the first place back on TEW2008. Back then I almost religiously played as TCW and have come to love them. How can you not love a roster with the Machines and New Wave killing it in the tag division? They also house my first love of the CV,which is Freddy Huggins. I haven't played as TCW in a good while mainly because I find it rather easy.

Second is PGHW. They resemble the Golden age of puroresu to me that being 90s AJPW. They don't have the cast of characters seen in BHOTWG (who I also like) but there is a great story to be told with their main event becoming broken down. They have a LOT of yung stars waiting to explode (KitoGuci, Seji Jimbo) and I enjoy the challenge of trying to push the next generation (Kozue, Ugaki, Sanda) to replace the Elite Four as I like to call them.

The one thing I really enjoy about PGHW is the round robin tournaments for the Elite Series trophies. It can really create fun situations and if someone unexpected starts preforming during the tourney, it can really alter a game (Ray Diaz had my 2 highest matches in my first year once)

Archived