Are you stumped for a cool name for an event in your game? There is one site I found that generates events, but for the most part a lot of those names seem really unusably lame, so why not ask those who are creative enough and actually play the game to give us some names.

The better details you provide, like if it traditionally involves gimmick-type matches, what month it is in, and whatnot, the better the ideas may be.

One event I'm looking for names for is an event that takes place in April. It's when my saved-game began, so I'm looking to make it one of my promotion's premiere events, an anniversary event. The first event was called Carnage E. Hall and it was just a silly nod to 'Carnegie Hall' I could still use it as the name of the PPV though.

I need some help, I'm starting a company called HIW (High Impact Wrestling) and I stumped on what to name some of my events. The first one is held in June and I going to hold a King of the Ring style tournament where the winner becomes the #1 contender to the heavyweight title can anyone help me with a name for the event?

I need some help, I'm starting a company called HIW (High Impact Wrestling) and I stumped on what to name some of my events. The first one is held in June and I going to hold a King of the Ring style tournament where the winner becomes the #1 contender to the heavyweight title can anyone help me with a name for the event?

I'd probably go with a theme of variations on "Impact" by adding different descriptors.

Massive Impact

Total Impact

Awesome Impact

Pure Impact

I usually get stomped on what to name tours in my Japanese games. Anybody got ideas for PGHW and BHOTWG?

I usually look to the name conventions they use for the major events, as well as steal from real promotions a bit.

I tend to have fun with Burning Hammer since the names use a lot of fantasy and fire imagery. Its fun to play off of. That and using the "The Burning Path".

Light the Beacons

Tend the Flames

Flame Wrath

Inscribed with Flame

Burn Eternal

Everlast Flame

Fire Navigation

By memory, PGHW use the "Night of" naming format for the events, with Honor, Fortitude, etc. So I tend to flip it around a bit.

Tour of Conquest

Tour of Heroes

Tour of Warriors

Tour of Determination

One event I'm looking for names for is an event that takes place in April. It's when my saved-game began, so I'm looking to make it one of my promotion's premiere events, an anniversary event. The first event was called Carnage E. Hall and it was just a silly nod to 'Carnegie Hall' I could still use it as the name of the PPV though.

April Powers

Shower Power

Springtime Showdown

Spring Fling

Coming Out Party

I'll throw mine into the hat that I've created or have been given permission to use over the years with EWR mainly.

Madness in Manhattan (New York based PPV)

Triple Treat (Would take place in October w/ Triple Threat matches being the gimmick)

Annihilation

X = 3 Squared (Like a Survivor Series but with 3 on 3 matches)

Unification

Undisputed (can just be a name or gimmick that wouldn't allow outside interference matches)

Insane Commencement

No Holds Barred (Anything goes)

Soul Survivor (Another Survivor Series knock off)

World Series of Wrestling (could be used as a tournament style PPV)

Aftermath (my version of Backlash. Use after your main PPV)

Legendary (I use this as my main PPV a lot)

XXXtreme (Extreme Rules matches)

April --> spring --> birth, renewal. Maybe something along the birth/renewal theme? The word "rise" keeps popping into my head. Sorry I don't have specifics. :o

I think the kind of promotion you're running also matters to a degree. ECW's events had very ECW-sounding names that would be very out of place in, say, CHIKARA. Same for ROH.

I have no problem using names that WWE no longer uses ("Fully Loaded" will show up as an event name if I'm playing a company that doesn't have pre-set events.)

I usually get stomped on what to name tours in my Japanese games. Anybody got ideas for PGHW and BHOTWG?

I just steal Pancrase tour names... Passion Tour, Progress Tour, Rising, Shining Tour, Changing Tour, Impressive Tour, Breakthrough, etc... and things in that vain.

How about "Through the Fire and Flames"? :D :D :cool::cool:

but on a serious note, how about "Where There's Smoke..." too?

I usually look to the name conventions they use for the major events, as well as steal from real promotions a bit.

I tend to have fun with Burning Hammer since the names use a lot of fantasy and fire imagery. Its fun to play off of. That and using the "The Burning Path".

Light the Beacons

Tend the Flames

Flame Wrath

Inscribed with Flame

Burn Eternal

Everlast Flame

Fire Navigation

By memory, PGHW use the "Night of" naming format for the events, with Honor, Fortitude, etc. So I tend to flip it around a bit.

Tour of Conquest

Tour of Heroes

Tour of Warriors

Tour of Determination

I need a name for my WWF September PPV. It was named September Supershow or whatever for default, I had changed it to In Your House but I've never really liked that name.

Also, is there somewhere that has more images for PPV/TV shows? I tend to only use the ones that have images.

But yeah, September needs a PPV. It's the PPV after SummerSlam and I don't want it to be a gimmick PPV or anything special. Just a regular name..

I need a name for my WWF September PPV. It was named September Supershow or whatever for default, I had changed it to In Your House but I've never really liked that name.

Also, is there somewhere that has more images for PPV/TV shows? I tend to only use the ones that have images.

But yeah, September needs a PPV. It's the PPV after SummerSlam and I don't want it to be a gimmick PPV or anything special. Just a regular name..

How about...

WWF Battleground

Changing of the Tides

Awakening

Hope those are helpful.

How about "Through the Fire and Flames"? :D :D :cool::cool:

but on a serious note, how about "Where There's Smoke..." too?

Absolutely DragonForce. I've actually looked through their albums a few times looking for inspiration when it comes to Burning Hammer. Not just tour names, but stuff like stables, new workers, etc. Their ethos fits so well with the imagerary that's used for Burning Hammer. I should be looking through their lyrics too.

My custom fed is the Valhalla Wrestling Federation, so I gave all my events Viking-themed names:

January: Ragnarok

February: Asgard Stampede

March: Valhalla's Gate

April: Where Valkyries Soar

May: Mjollnir

June: Rampage of Thor

July: Odin's Vengeance

August: Ascent of Yggdrasil

September: Battling the Wyrm

October: Loki's Night

November: Confronting the Jotunheimr

December: Fimbulwinter

Others I have used:

-If the Right One Don't Get You

-Don't Deny My Name

-Under the Blade

-Dancing in the Dark

-Devil's Night (second to last day of October; changed to Loki's Night for VWF)

-No Bull

-Broke Your Back Mountain

-Money Talks

So, kind of looking for some more inspiration.

Sometimes I run games with a promotion called Titan Wrestling Entertainment.

My big three shows that I have scheduled so far are:

Rise of the Titans(first show of the year)

Wrath of the Titans(second biggest show, usually beginning of summer)

Clash of the Titans(at the end of November, it's my Wrestlemania/Starrcade/Bound for Glory)

Trying to fill out the rest of the calendar year.

So, kind of looking for some more inspiration.

Sometimes I run games with a promotion called Titan Wrestling Entertainment.

My big three shows that I have scheduled so far are:

Rise of the Titans(first show of the year)

Wrath of the Titans(second biggest show, usually beginning of summer)

Clash of the Titans(at the end of November, it's my Wrestlemania/Starrcade/Bound for Glory)

Trying to fill out the rest of the calendar year.

Tournament of the Titans - Feb or w/e

March of the Titans - March

Faith of the Titans - April or w/e

Rebirth of the Titans - May or other Spring time

Aftermath of the Wrath - July

Storm of the Titans - Aug

Sacrifice of the Titans - September

Haunt of the Titans - October

Fall of the Titans - Dec

I could use some event names for Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation.

Amazon Stampede (perhaps for the 2nd biggest event--if not the biggest, maybe taking place around the time of the big Calgary Stampede celebration)

Great Northern Warfare (perhaps as a numbered catch-all In Your House or Clash Of The Champions style event as a filler between your bigger shows)

Snowblind (a winter show, referring to both the concept of snowblindness and your roster being so blindingly good/beautiful a la the concept of SHIMMER)

Lost and Adrift (referring to snowdrifts and being lost in the Canadian wilderness, perhaps a fall show)

Canadian Thanksgiving

Foxy Boxing Day (obviously a pun, and probably a more cheesecake-oriented show than a wrestling based one, this is probably meant to "allow" the roster to have more fun)

That's all I can think of for now, theme-wise. The rest would simply be generic names that would fit just about any company, women, Canadian, or otherwise.

How about...

WWF Battleground

Changing of the Tides

Awakening

Hope those are helpful.

Just a thought; but how about 7 Steps, you can then add 'to...' whatever you wish, Heaven, Hell, Redemption, etc.

Sept is the number 7, and Sept is an anagram of Step, thuse giving you 7 Steps.

I can imagine the PPV opening. "In life, every journey starts with a single step, but not in the WWF, it stars with 7...."

Just a thought; but how about 7 Steps, you can then add 'to...' whatever you wish, Heaven, Hell, Redemption, etc.

Sept is the number 7, and Sept is an anagram of Step, thuse giving you 7 Steps.

I can imagine the PPV opening. "In life, every journey starts with a single step, but not in the WWF, it stars with 7...."

Well technically it'd still start with 1 step just end with 7 but what about the other 5 if you're doing a PPV a month? Not to mention TNA pretty much does that if you follow the names of their PPVs they all kind of go together. Turning Point being the 2nd to last...then you have Final Resolution... then Genesis to start it over which is last in the Bible but pretty much means new beginning.

Archived