TEW greatness reconized

No mercy is crazy overrated especially considering the Day of Reckoning series has basically the same engine but better AI and features.

But on topic, its always good to see GDS games getting noticed.

I don't think No Mercy was being over rated here, as much as being so good for its time. Day of Reckoning has those earlier games to thank for how good it was, after all. Or else none of those earlier ninetendo games would have been on the list either.

Honestly I never played the Day of Reckoning games, but I played the heck out of the earlier games, so I may be a tad bit biased. I personally thought KoC 2 should have been higher, but I understand why not.

I don't think No Mercy was being over rated here, as much as being so good for its time. Day of Reckoning has those earlier games to thank for how good it was, after all. Or else none of those earlier ninetendo games would have been on the list either.

Honestly I never played the Day of Reckoning games, but I played the heck out of the earlier games, so I may be a tad bit biased. I personally thought KoC 2 should have been higher, but I understand why not.

No not on that list but on the internet NM is generally seen as the greatest game wrestling has ever produced.

I think not many people went Nintendo and played the gamecube last generation, because they really seemed to expand on the ideas No Mercy laid the groundwork for.

Where can I try this Fire Pro Wrestling?

It's Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, it's generally about $10 at GameStop or The Exchange. It does have spurts where it's rather hard to find, but between my brother and I, we have about four or five copies.

Thanks for sharing the article, I remember most of these games and I am glad to see that TEW 2010 made the list. I still have an N64 with No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 and I still play them from time to time. My best friend has a PS2 and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and its really fun to play as well. However if I were to make a list like this I would have to put TEW 2010 at number one I might be biased in saying that but since I purchased my first TEW back with the 08 version I play it more than I play video games and it just never gets old.

Thanks for sharing the article, I remember most of these games and I am glad to see that TEW 2010 made the list. I still have an N64 with No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 and I still play them from time to time. My best friend has a PS2 and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and its really fun to play as well. However if I were to make a list like this I would have to put TEW 2010 at number one I might be biased in saying that but since I purchased my first TEW back with the 08 version I play it more than I play video games and it just never gets old.

I feel ya man. I started with TEW 2007 and I've seriously invested more time in TEW then any other game my entire life. The only other game that comes close is Pokemon Red or Shadowrun for Genesis.

I've played all of these games except Kings of Colosseum II and they are/were all great games for their time. Putting TEW 10 anywhere on that list is an accomplishment in itself. I'm actually surprise EWR didn't make it but maybe they are throwing all EWR/TEW games in at #3.

I definitely played No Mercy & Smackdown HCTP more than any others on this list but I just got into TEW 10 this last month. So far it's looking like it will easily surpass those 2. All very awesome games. :)

I feel ya man. I started with TEW 2007 and I've seriously invested more time in TEW then any other game my entire life. The only other game that comes close is Pokemon Red or Shadowrun for Genesis.

Whenever I see a thread like this I basically say the same thing, while Console games are fun you beat them and then they lose their appeal (at least to me) I have played through the road to wrestlemania mode on WM 2000 numerous times and it is very repetitive. In No Mercy I have all the titles to 100% completion and I have purchased everything in the Smackdown Mall so there is no real reason to play it anymore besides occasionally playing with a buddy of mine or whatnot. Point is I have beaten the games (Or at least what I would consider beating the games) and while they are still fun to play from time to time its not the same as it once was.

However with TEW it never gets old to me, I have probably put in more hours on TEW since I purchased my first version in 08 than any video game ever. Reason being is because of the replayablility. If you are playing as one promotion and get sick of it you can switch to another one and have a completely different experience, heck even two games with the same promotion are never the same so that adds to it as well. I have played numerous saves with NOTBPW (they are my favoriote company in the C-Verse) and even though I have done that, no two NOTBPW saves that I have done have ever been identical. Plus I try to do things differently in each save if I am playing with a company for the tenth time to make it unique and different. Heck in my NOTBPW save I opened up a developmental fed and I have never done that before when playing as them (I spent near 1 million dollars and have almost made it back in four monthes) so that adds to it for me too because I always find something that I have never done before when playing as a particular company previously.

Plus if you get sick of a certain data set (or a mod as they are called) you can download another one and have a completely different experience as a result. I myself prefer to stick with the C-Verse but its my preference and other people will have their own preferences.

So case in point TEW never gets old to me because of all the options and like I said you can never play the exact same save with a company twice because there is always something different and unique about each one and that is why I keep coming back and buying and playing each incarnation of TEW since the 08 version.

Sorry for the drawn out post but I love threads like these and I will defend my love for TEW to anyone if I have to but in this case share it because I know that all of you probably love it just as much if not more than I do.

So case in point TEW never gets old to me because of all the options and like I said you can never play the exact same save with a company twice because there is always something different and unique about each one and that is why I keep coming back and buying and playing each incarnation of TEW since the 08 version.

This is certainly true, I'm still somewhat in shock from my recent '77 Cverse SWF game where Sam Strong died a couple of weeks into the game. That's going to change the 80s quite a lot!!

It makes me smile so much to see TEW getting such high praise in this list. Whoever put the list together clearly knows their wrestling games given how far back they've gone and I certainly rank TEW and No Mercy among the best wrestling games I've ever played, and still play them both today when I get the chance.

It's Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, it's generally about $10 at GameStop or The Exchange. It does have spurts where it's rather hard to find, but between my brother and I, we have about four or five copies.

Does anyone know if it will work on ps3?

Played most of these games on the list, and I must say, I'm still surprised TEW doesn't rank higher. I'd argue FPR or TEW 2010 are viable #1-#2 contenders. If I had to make the call, I'd probably say TEW 2010.

Surprised to not see SVR 2006, because that would probably be third on my list for favorite wrestling games. The first General Manager mode in a WWE game, one of the better Storyline modes I've ever enjoyed in a WWE product, and what I felt was one of the stronger control schemes. I know everybody won't agree with that one, but I still hold a soft spot for it.

It depends on the PS3. The NTSC-U version works perfectly on my fat 80GB. You can even use mods by downloading memory card files and copying them over using SD/USB.

I have an 80gb, a few years old (probably 5 or so). How do I tell if it will work?

Shadowrun for Genesis was and is my favorite game of all time.

I have Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on PS2 and also on PS2 emu. It's great. I've simmed hundreds of matches. It's the only wrestling game I have ever had where watching the cpu play against itself is not only fun but MORE fun than playing the game yourself.

And with 500 (yes 500) spots for CAWs, how can you go wrong?

Archived