How long do you take to book your shows?

Hi all!,

First off, I'm new to the forum but have been playing TEW2010 for about 18 months (been playing the golden age, 1995 and 1997 mods as well as the cornellverse databases) and I have to say that I adore the game!

My question for you guys is twofold; How long (in real time) do you take to book shows? Second, do you establish all your creative stuff all in advance or go on the fly?

I have seen myself write out a year's worth if shows in advance, and take a couple of days to tweak things between my fortnightly shows, but recently I'm taking a more ad-hoc approach and even getting through a couple of shows a day at times and I'm curious as to how you all do it!

Hi all!,

First off, I'm new to the forum but have been playing TEW2010 for about 18 months (been playing the golden age, 1995 and 1997 mods as well as the cornellverse databases) and I have to say that I adore the game!

My question for you guys is twofold; How long (in real time) do you take to book shows? Second, do you establish all your creative stuff all in advance or go on the fly?

I have seen myself write out a year's worth if shows in advance, and take a couple of days to tweak things between my fortnightly shows, but recently I'm taking a more ad-hoc approach and even getting through a couple of shows a day at times and I'm curious as to how you all do it!

It depends really. I usually have an idea of the big matches that will be in the next three or four PPVs, and I often have an idea of who my main champion is going to be during the next year. Outside of that I tend to book as I go along, but I do make notes as things happen to help me book feuds further down the line. Typically I'll book two or three shows a day, although in my DOTT game (which is effectively squash matches for four weeks), I have been known to blow through two months in a couple of hours (I did one month this morning as it happens!).

Diary games go slower as I make sure each booking decision makes sense - not too much of a problem in a game only I'm going to see (although I do try to avoid random matchups without reason anyway as if my booking doesn't progress logically I'll probably give up).

I'm currently playing the 1987 Mod, and I advance book all my matches. But that doesn't take a lot of time though, so in general if we say advance booking and the show itself, I use a maximum of 5-6 minutes to book it.

PPV's / Big Events takes a little longer though. Maybe up to 10 minutes.

I tend to have my main (title) story arc planned well in advance, but the weekly shows I book on the fly though I know what they should lead to. I tend to have my midcard in general planned out a few months in advance and go deeper in with the week to week doings.

In saying that it takes between 10-15 minutes for weekly shows to get done as one of the big 3 American companies.

When I book puroresu, it is way faster, mainly for lack of angles. The tournaments take a while longer because until recently I didn't use spreadsheets for round robin style. I try not to make people look like crap even if they have no chance to win the whole thing so most of the time comes from planning upsets.

First off welcome to the board!

With me it depends on if it is a diary game or not. If I am doing a diary game I tend to plan ahead (It might not seem like it but I do...:D). If it is a personal game I tend to spam the best matches without much thought as to how I am booking.

As far as how long it takes, to be honest I have never really paid attention. If I had to guess it seems like it takes me anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. Like I said I am not really sure because never really paid attention to how long it takes.

First off welcome to the board!

With me it depends on if it is a diary game or not. If I am doing a diary game I tend to plan ahead (It might not seem like it but I do...:D). If it is a personal game I tend to spam the best matches without much thought as to how I am booking.

As far as how long it takes, to be honest I have never really paid attention. If I had to guess it seems like it takes me anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. Like I said I am not really sure because never really paid attention to how long it takes.

Like BHK said welcome to the board and like BHK it also with me depends on if I am playing a dynasty save or just a save for fun. If its a dynasty save I tend to care about things making sense and I try and not abuse the same match with the same guys over and over.

So like BHK If I am playing a save for fun I tend to use the same matches over and over again that will give me the best rating possible. However if it is a dynasty save I dont do that because readers would tend to get turned off if I was doing the same exact show every week.

So finally to answer your question if its a dynasty save probably 30 minutes to book a show. If its a save I am just doing for fun then 15 minutes or less.

(That doesnt count the time that I take to go back and rebook a show if I dont like the rating because I have started to rebook shows in my NOTBPW save if I dont like the rating it gets)

Archived