Your WrestleMania/StarrCade/Bound fo Glory/Final Battle Main Events

I don't know about you, but each year, I use an event as the "biggest" of the year, like WWE do for WrestleMania, WCW did for Starrcade...

So most of time, I'm trying to have a special show and a main event as big as possible.

If anyone would like to share those main events (of course, the longest the game is, the more relevant it is).

Here are mines.

NWA-TNA game, the main PPV is the NWA Anniversary Show in October.

1995 : Raven def. Taz and Cactus Jack to retain the World title

1996 : Owen Hart def. Chris Benoit, Taz, Williams Regal, Kenta Kobashi and Koji Kanemoto in a Submission Elimination match to retain the World title

1997 : William Regal def. Chris Benoit in a 60-Minutes Iron Man Match (this wasnt the match for the World title)

1998 : Bret Hart def. Diamond Dallas Page to retain the World title

1999 : Christopher Daniels def. Diamond Dallas Page to retain the World title

2000 : Sting def. Rhino to retain the World title

2001 : Doug Williams def. Jerry Lynn and Rob Van Dam to retain the World title

2002 : AJ Styles def. Low Ki and Bryan Danielson to become X Division Champion

2003 : Christian Cage def. Adam Copeland to become World Champion

2004 : Adam Copeland def. Christian Cage to retain the World title

2005 : Sting def. Adam Copeland and Christian Cage to become World Champion

2006 : Samoa Joe def. CM Punk in a 60-Minutes Iron Man Match to become World Champion

2007 : CM Punk def. Nigel McGuinness to retain the World title

2008 (booked, soon to be played) : Christopher Daniels will retain the World title against AJ Styles.

I do as well. I'm into the longest game I've ever played with a created promotion called World Wide Wrestling (3W). Started off at Cult, now at Global. My biggest event of the year is SuperMania, held every November. Typically the King of Kings Tournament winner receives the world title shot at S.Mania but thats not always the case.

Here are the Supermania results.

1997: Supermania I - Steve Austin def. Randy Savage in a tournament final for the World Heavyweight title.

1998: Supermania II - Shawn Michaels def. Bret Hart in a Last Man Standing Grudge Match for the World Heavyweight title.

1999: Supermania III - Shawn Michaels def. Steve Austin for the World Heavyweight title.

2000: Supermania IV - Kurt Angle def. Steve Austin to retain the World Heavyweight title.

2001: Supermania V - Double Main Event: Kurt Angle def. Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight title. / The Rock def. Hollywood Hogan for the WCW World Title.

2002: Supermania VI - Brock Lesnar def. The Rock for the World Heavyweight title

2003: Supermania VII - The Rock def. Triple H for the World Heavyweight title.

Currently in April of '04 Supermania 8 will more than likely be The Rock vs. the returning Steve Austin who just jumped back to 3W after WWE fell to cult (again)

In my 0/0/0/0 game... which I admittedly haven't played for a while, my big one is called Wrestling Spirit. It wasn't originally designed to be our Wrestlemania, but it just seemed to be at the right part of the year to build things towards, and when it eventually became the first event to be on PPV, it solidified as the main event of the year.

2010: Brendan Idol defeats Samson Barclay to retain the Great Lakes title (60) - in front of a mighty crowd of 31.

2011: Mathias (Remmy) Skye defeats Giant Brody, handing the monster his first loss in the company (58) - witnessed by 427 fans

2012: A sell-out crowd of 2,000 see Samson Barclay retain the Great Lakes title over 'The All-American All Star' Travis Michaels (76)

2013: With 3,688 fans cheering him on, Darryl Devine retains the Great Lakes title, defeating Chance Fortune and James Prudence (78)

2014: Ernest Youngman overcomes the challenge of Swoop McCarthy, retaining the Great Lakes title and cementing his status as the most dominant ASCW champion in the company's history (78), 3624 fans look on in frustration.

2015: Two veterans collide, the wily Steve DeColt defeating Steve Flash, with 4,293 in attendance (80)

2016: Samson Barclay wins the renamed United States title, beating Darryl Devine and current champion Mario Alessio in one of the company's best ever matches. (95) - a crowd of 9,059 look on.

2017: Chance Fortune defeats Samson Barclay to retain the United States title, proving the good guys of ASCW are no walkovers. (94) - 24,162 attend, and the buyrate is 0.14

Cool thread, mine are....

WCW 2000 (Started 1996)

Bret Hart defeated Hulk Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight Title at Starrcade 1996

Sting defeated Bret Hart for the WCW World Heavyweight Title at Starrcade 1997

Goldberg defeated Chris Benoit to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Title at Starrcade 1998

Shawn Michaels defeated Bret Hart for the WCW World Heavyweight Title at Starrcade 1999

WWE 2015 (Started August 2011)

The Rock defeated John Cena at WrestleMania 28

The Undertaker defeated John Cena at WrestleMania 29

Randy Orton defeated Tyler Black for the WWE Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 30

Randy Orton defeated John Cena in a Hell in The Cell Match at WrestleMania 31

My Current TNA game (Started November 2009)

Kurt Angle defeated Brock Lesnar in a Six Sides Of Steel Cage Match at Bound For Glory 2010

My current promotion, a self-made women's fed, uses it's Anniversary of Violence show as it's big event:

I - Eve Grunge d. May Walton to retain the LEW title.

II - May Walton d. Susan Lee to retain the LEW title

III - Thea Davis d. Calamity Joan to retain the LEW title

IV - Principessa d. Thea Davis, Roz Larren, and May Walton to retain the LEW title

V - Thea Davis d. Eve Grunge to retain the LEW title

VI - Thea Davis d. Principessa to retain both the LEW title and the unofficial "Thea Davis Is The Queen of Wrestling" title

VII - Deborah Young d. Thea Davis to win the LEW title and the unofficial "Thea Davis Is The Queen of Wrestling" title, throwing down the latter.

VIII - Eve Grunge d. Roz Larren in a Slaughterhouse Death Match (Barbed Wire cage, with weapons, Texas Death Match rules) to retain the LEW title

IX - Principessa d. Eve Grunge, Deborah Young, Thea Davis, Juliette King, and Laura Flame in a ladder match to win the LEW title and to force the Royal Court (Davis, King, and Flame) to disband (If a Royal Court member had won, Principessa, Grunge, and Young would had to been subservient to the Royal Court)

In my Cornellverse with a regional Canadian promotion it is called Elite Anniversary

2011. El Diablo vs Mimic for Elite title

2012. Canadian Dragon vs El Diablo, Mimic, Dagger, Derek Frost, and Nomad for Elite title

2013. Bryan Holmes vs El Diablo for Elite title

2014. Bryan Holmes vs White Angel for Elite title

2015. Edd Stone vs Josh Jones for Elite title

2016. Edd Stone vs Trent Shaffer for Elite title

2017. Edd Stone vs Bryan Holmes for Elite title

CSCAN Warriors Walk:

2010: Captain Scandinavia d Phillip Hartley, Joey Breeze and Fresh Prince to become first CSCAN World Heavyweight Champion.

2011: Fresh Prince d Phillip Hartley to retain CSCAN World Championship.

2012: Phillip Hartley d Fresh Prince to retain CSCAN World Championship.

2013: Wade Orson & Fresh Prince d Phillip Hartley & Rafael Vega

2014: Rafael Vega d Edward Cornell

2015: Don Henderson d Billy Robinson & Buff Martinez for the CSCAN World Championship.

2016: Rolling Johnny Stones & Don Henderson d Buff Martinez & Adam Matravers

• 1 month later...

After the first topic, the following years :

2009 : Alissa Flash def. Christopher Daniels in a Submission match to retain the World Heavyweight title

2010 : AJ Styles & CM Punk def. Adam Copeland & Christian Cage in Ultimate X to win the World Tag Team titles

2011 : Kevin Steen def. El Generico in a 60-Minutes Iron Man match to retain the World Heavyweight title

2012 (not yet played) : Team NWA (Adam Copeland, Christian Cage, Christopher Daniels, Eddie Edwards, El Generico) will defeat The Invaders/Team WWE (Chris Jericho, John Cena, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Mr Anderson)

Started WWF 97

Wrestle Mania 14 - Steve Austin beat Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship

Wrestle Mania 15 - Steve Austin beat the Rock for the WWF Championship

Wrestle Mania 16 (Booked) The Rock beat Hulk Hogan for the WWF Heavyweight Championship

and Paul Wight beats Steve Austin for the World Heavyweight Championship

Been working on a WCW dynasty like Bp42's, and here's Starrcade 2000 (starting post-Souled Out 2000):

Starrcade XVIII

Pre-Show

Brandi Alexander versus Leilani Kai versus Lexie Fyfe versus Malia Hosaka

18-Man Battle Royal, Winner gets a title shot at the title of his choice: Bill DeMott, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Chris Candido, Chris Kanyon, Dustin Rhodes, Elix Skipper, Jeff Jarrett, Jim Duggan, Johnny Stamboli, Lash LeRoux, La Parka, Mike Sanders, Norman Smiley, Psychosis, Rey Mysterio, Shane Douglas, Sharkboy, Sonny Siaki, Vito DeLagrasso

Final Four: Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Kanyon, Jeff Jarrett

Live Show

Blitzkrieg versus James Gibson © for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Southern Class (Alexis Laree, James Storm & Chris Harris) versus The Hardcore Army (Daffney, Chuck Palumbo & Mark Jindrak)

Billy Kidman versus Perry Saturn versus Curt Hennig versus Crowbar © for the WCW World Television Championship

Nora Greenwald © versus Madusa for the WCW Women’s Championship in a Lumberjill Match

Total Eclipse (Daniels/Styles) © versus Akatsuki (Hayashi/Yung) versus 3 Count for the WCW World Tag Team Championships

Dean Malenko versus Lance Storm for the unification* of the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship & the WCW Canadian National Heavyweight Championship

Mike Awesome versus Chris Benoit

Sting & Ric Flair versus Great Muta & Vampiro

Booker T versus Diamond Dallas Page © for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in a Steel Cage Match

--

Tell me you wouldn't buy that show?

Like to note that every single person listed here was working for WCW at one point or another during 2000. Just to show you how badly they ****ed things up for themselves.

*Unified title will be called the WCW North American Championship

Started in 2006 as WWE

2006- John Cena vs. Edge for WWE Heavyweight Title- Cena wins

2007- Dustin Rhodes vs. Edge for the World Heavyweight Title- Rhodes wins

2008-CM Punk vs. Kurt Angle for Smackdown World Title- Punk wins

And my plan for 2009- Edge vs. The Rock for the Raw World Title

After typing that out I see that Edge has been involved in 2 of my 3 main events. Hmmmm.... I might have to change the 2009 main event to Triple H vs. CM Punk for the SD World Title, but probably not.

I started my Ring of Honor game June 2010 - currently in August 2013 (kind of burned out/haven't been playing much/looking for new ideas)

Of course, Final Battle weekend is THE weekend of the year with All Star Extravaganza kicking things off... (I usually run with double main events on that weekend)

All-Star Extravaganza V

Shelton Benjamin def. Kenny Omega

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong def Christopher Daniels & Shane Helms

Final Battle 2010

Roderick Strong def Christopher Daniels

Bryan Danielson def Tyler Black & Austin Aries for the ROH World Title

All Star Extravaganza VI

Roderick Strong def Mega Magnificent (Al Snow under a mask as part of a program I was running)

Bryan Danielson def Kurt Angle (Big story surrounding Angle's involvement, this was the final match in a 7 match series with Danielson as the others took place only on house shows as part of the storyline..)

Final Battle 2011

The Dark City Fight Club def Briscoes, Steenerico & MCMG to retain the ROH Tag Titles

Roderick Strong def Shelton Benjamin in a cage match to retain the ROH World Title

All Star Extravaganza VII

Chris Sabin def Ultimo Dragon

Steven Regal def Steve Corino

Final Battle 2012

Harry Smith def Bryan Danielson

Davey Richards def Austin Aries to retain the ROH World Title

for 2013? who knows... I need to sit back and take a look, my initial plan went in the dump when I lost 3 of my top guys to either Japan or "FCW" (WWE, but on a developmental deal, the only way to get around the non-aggression pact I have with WWE)

I love digging through history. In my WCW (originally MAW) I always thought of The Night Of The Champions as the BIG event. The Rip Chord Invitational was more of a prestigious event that didn't need to be made into a huge event because it already had a legendary name.

• 2010: The Mean Machine def. American Patriot in a Ladder match to retain the Mid-Atlantic Traditional championship
  • 2011: Jay Chord def. American Patriot to retain the Mid-Atlantic championship
  • 2012: American Patriot def. Steven Parker to retain the Mid-Atlantic championship
  • 2013: Davis Wayne Newton def. American Patriot to retain the Mid-Atlantic championship
  • 2014: Jay Chord def. American Patriot and The Mean Machine for the Mid-Atlantic championship in a Triple Threat match
  • 2015: Matthew Faith def. Jay Chord for the Mid-Atlantic championship
  • 2016: Jay Chord def. American Patriot in a Steel Cage match for the Mid-Atlantic championship
  • 2017: Jay Chord def. John Anderson in a Last Man Standing match to retain the Mid-Atlantic championship
  • 2018: Jay Chord def. Lassana Makutsi in a Steel Cell match to retain the Million Dollar championship
  • 2019: Troy Tornado def. Xavi Ferrera to retain the WCW World Heavyweight championship
  • 2020: Rocky Golden def. Kevin Christopher for the WCW Heavyweight championship
  • 2021: American Patriot def. Aaron Andrews in a 60-Minute Iron match to retain the WCW World Heavyweight championship
  • 2022: Sylvester Weatherfield def. American Patriot to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

• 3 weeks later...

Wrestlemania XIV: Steve Austin defeats Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship

Wrestlemania XV: Mankind defeats the Rock for the WWF Championship

Wrestlemania XVI: Triple H defeats the Rock to retain the WWF Championship

Wrestlemania XVII: Steve Austin defeats Bret Hart for the WWF Championship

Wrestlemania XVIII: Chris Jericho defeats Steve Austin and Kane to retain the WWF Championship

Wrestlemania XIX: Shawn Michaels defeats Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship

Wrestlemania XX: Chris Jericho defeats Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship

Archived