Do you keep or 'let go' of your locker room cancers?

Do you keep or 'let go' of your locker room cancers?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep or 'let go' of your locker room cancers?

• Fire - I don't deal with them at all.
    • Keep them - They're too good to let go.
    • Other (respond please)

We've all had to deal with the guys that no matter what you do they aren't happy, causing problems backstage, etc. How do you deal with yours normally? If they're popular/good worker do you let them do what they want to an extent or would you rather fire them and push someone else?

i'm one of those players that love huge egos and problem wrestlers, to me it gives them better character and more of a challenge, same as owner goals and being poached makes the game more interesting

but in saying that if they are a problem backstage but also a crap wrestler or i have no use for them they will go

I usually keep them. Most of the time with my Locker Room rating of 100% they don't even really do anything that causes problems. It's easy when you hire alot of workers with positive attitudes and positive relationship that will easily cancel out just about the few negative ones that I do have. I just think if they are decent and you're going to use them it's relatively easy to keep things positive to the point where it doesn't really matter that I may have 2-4 guys that are assholes.

I've just been wondering because I have 4 or 5 guys at the top of my card who are just plain jerks. I have plenty of talent in the undercard that just needs to get a bit more over and I'm seriously going to think about letting these guys go. Even if their names are Jake Roberts, Roddy Piper, Andre (he thinks he should win every match) and Road Warrrior Animal.

The only time I get rid of a locker room cancer is when I play as TCW (Which isnt very often because I suck as them) I always get rid of Bryan Vessey. I dont do it right away but if he gets caught with steriods more than once after I do some testing on him then I let him go. Plus it depends on what kind of backstage shennagins he gets himself into because that plays a part in it as well.

The only time I get rid of a locker room cancer is when I play as TCW (Which isnt very often because I suck as them) I always get rid of Bryan Vessey. I dont do it right away but if he gets caught with steriods more than once after I do some testing on him then I let him go. Plus it depends on what kind of backstage shennagins he gets himself into because that plays a part in it as well.

I never actually fired him. What you do is you need to is "fire" him in the punishement screeen, and his morale goes UP, when you do so.

I never actually fired him. What you do is you need to is "fire" him in the punishement screeen, and his morale goes UP, when you do so.

Fire then when it comes to actually fire them, don't?

I'm thinking about trying this with Warrior because he is a thorn in my side. Suspending him did nothing.

Fire then when it comes to actually fire them, don't?

I'm thinking about trying this with Warrior because he is a thorn in my side. Suspending him did nothing.

It really depends on their personality. Some people, there is no helping. Especially a guy like the Warrior.

I tend to play 0/0/0 games so I'm doing the hiring. Unless I'm desperate or just getting started I avoid workers that I know are going to be negative influences in the locker room.

If I do find a problem, I will when I can job them out. I also very rarely renew the contracts of someone who has been a consistent problem.

In general I really hate having a locker room cancer on my roster. Low locker room morale hurts show ratings.

Anybody firing Bryan Vessey mystifies me, honestly. He can be a real hard-nose in negotiations, but frankly he's a great wrestler and I've never had that many problems with him, especially once getting him clean.

For me, it just depends on how much trouble they're making compared to their overall value to the promotion. I don't hire anyone for no reason, but I won't put up with lots of incidents from workers that aren't particularly crucial to me.

For example, Air Attack Weasel only got one chance - his second incident I fired him, but I'd brought him in as a jobber so I hardballed him. Did the same for Nathaniel Dorque (a custom worker), because he was only a midcarder and caused three incidents in about seven months (bearing in mind this was at small so that's more than it sounds). Akima Brave only got three strikes too, as whilst he was a main eventer, he was non essential.

On the other hand, I will give Joey Minnesota a lot of rope. Not to say that I won't punish him or anything, but he's a very good worker (especially for his age) and his attitude is worth tolerating based on his ability. It would take a LOT for me to fire somebody as good as Joey.

Anybody firing Bryan Vessey mystifies me, honestly. He can be a real hard-nose in negotiations, but frankly he's a great wrestler and I've never had that many problems with him, especially once getting him clean.

For me, it just depends on how much trouble they're making compared to their overall value to the promotion. I don't hire anyone for no reason, but I won't put up with lots of incidents from workers that aren't particularly crucial to me.

For example, Air Attack Weasel only got one chance - his second incident I fired him, but I'd brought him in as a jobber so I hardballed him. Did the same for Nathaniel Dorque (a custom worker), because he was only a midcarder and caused three incidents in about seven months (bearing in mind this was at small so that's more than it sounds). Akima Brave only got three strikes too, as whilst he was a main eventer, he was non essential.

On the other hand, I will give Joey Minnesota a lot of rope. Not to say that I won't punish him or anything, but he's a very good worker (especially for his age) and his attitude is worth tolerating based on his ability. It would take a LOT for me to fire somebody as good as Joey.

I job out guys like Vessey and Minnesota. Not just for punishment, but it makes them less of pains in the butts to deal with over time.

Of course, you have to job them out smartly-you can't have them refusing to do so and then forcing htem to do it.

But I've seen said before, there's way to punish them even if they don't "lose" the match.

My idea is this. If it is supposed to be the main character of a diary, he's holding onto a belt where there is no angles involved (like, INSPIRE), he's the main guy on our roster and the others are bad, we're low on finances, then I would punish him. If he becomes too big of a threat, depending on our situation, I would fire him.

It really depends on who they are and what they bring to the company. For example, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Shawn Michaels in 1994 I kept (well til Nash died about 2 months in). If I like the gimmick and can do something with the worker they can take a dump through Vince McMahon's Limo sun roof for all I care. If I don't think they could be a draw and they act like a douche, then it's bye bye for farting in the locker room.

I'm playing Genadi's 2002 mod as WWE and no matter how I hard I try and want to keep Hogan, Nash & Hall I always end up letting them go just cause every week there getting into some kind of problem.

And I don't fire them, that cost me more money, I just edit there contracts to 1 day, usually job them to someone I'm trying to build up, then bye bye.

I'd like to think I'm good at creating new stars. :)

If you really are good at creating new stars (I am, as well) then yes, fire the people who bitch about everything. However, only if you really know how to make new stars, because you don't want to be in a position where you have one or two major draws - like 2012 WWE.

I only really fire based on heavy drug/steroid usage in my 1987 game, so I don't really fire my locker room cancers even if they cause a lot of mischief, but it's not very likely that I would resign them once their contracts come up.

I'll give leeway to 'negative influences', since I have more than enough positive and better influences to balance it out. I'm not likely to retain 'very negative' or 'extremely negative' influences, though.

I am much like Blake Trask as it highly depends for me how valuable any potential locker room cancer is for my promotion, which is why I chose 'other' in the poll. Good workers who are cancers get more leeway than lousy ones but my patience isn't endless...

Negative locker room folks add some wonderful "color" to the game... and honestly, I probably brought them in knowing full well what they were. I'll only fire them if it's a locker room cancer character who I happen not to care for.

But Blackjack Robbins? Bam Bam Johansson? Those guys are just fun to have around and to give in to their demands.

Archived