NCAA Division 3 Mod

So here's a crazy fit of crazy in the form of D3 mod. It's not perfect, but it'll work. If you're looking for a different kind of recruiting/gaming experience, you should try this out.

Here's what it has:

- Teams in the right conferences, including upcoming conference realignment. All 420 or so D3 men's teams. There's a possibility I missed a team or two, but I've been spending two days perfecting it and I think I managed to fill the few I missed the first time.

- Team colors are not accurate, but mascots and cities are correct. (Including that one stubborn D3 school in Virginia with no mascot at all.)

To make the setup workable, here are some suggestions as you start:

1. Fast-sim at least 5 years before you want to start. This will make sure to rid the game of the talent it starts off with (too much) and will begin to make things a bit more D3-like.

2. All of the conferences are set to 1 prestige on purpose. Don't allow conference prestige changes, as it'll make sure most schools don't have a lot to spend.

3. Randomize team prestige: It's D3. While there are certainly some juggernaut teams, I figure it's better to just keep it random.

4. Transfers play immediately. Just like real life.

5. Players never leave early. Again, just like real life. D3 guys don't exactly go pro unless they flunk out and/or occasionally head to their homelands to play pro ball.

The D3 tournament is actually just 62 teams, but I've simmed my with 64 teams rather than 68, though you could easily make a case for it given how many teams there are. I have a lot of the conferences playing smaller tournaments, some don't have anything other than a tiebreaker. You can alter that at your own discretion though.

So yeah, that's the story. I've fast-simmed and been able to edit with no problems. I created a customized height file that I've included in the zip that will make the players shorter eventually. The idea is to simulate D3 better in that respect and why I implore you to sim a few years before starting to play in earnest.

Anyway, here it is.

I made an update before anyone downloaded it, because the longitude/latitudes were off. Right now, I've set them to make sure they're all in the correct state...but not every program is in the exact city of its school mostly because it was too tedious. If you take over a program, check their exact city if that's important to you for immersion or whatever.

Also, I've altered all of the program default prestige and academics. Now all of them are set to Ivy League academics. Not because all D3 schools are academically worth a damn, but rather, to make it harder to recruit to simulate D3 recruiting. Also, the prestige is set to a default value across the board so if you'd rather not randomize prestige and want to make it a more organic start, you can do that by turning off randomize team prestige at the start of your save file.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Ok this is something I want to try, just haven't had time. But when I load the files in, I am still getting the original D1 teams. I must be doing something wrong but really don't know. If anyone can assist with the where to place the download files so that they be used that would be great and much appreciated.

Archived