SWF - The New Kid from Nowhere

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Iowa State Fayre (Midwest)

DARK MATCHES:

Shearer and Cahill d. Biggz Boyz in 5:02 via Rhythm 'n' Bruise on Brett (57)

Retro d. Knuckles in 5:55 via Murder on the Dancefloor (62)

SUPREME TV:

Odd Couple d. New High Concept! in 8:26 via Romeo is Squeeky on Donnie J. (65)

R. Bumfhole d. Black in 5:40 via DQ (int. from Vengeance) (74)

Lobby d. Huntingdon in 7:28 via Lobster Trap (58)

James d. Sexy in 8:22 via Big Money Move (dist. from Chase) (77) - also incl. botched int. from Chase

Train d. Lord in 3:03 via DQ (int. from Lobby) (65)

Gilmore d. Khoklov in 6:22 via DQ (67)

Faith d. Remo in 8:53 via Leap of Faith (81) - also incl. int. from Black and Vengeance vs Faith, Money vs Remo

Bruce d. Roberts in 16:07 via New York Minute (89) - also incl. dist. from Hopkirk, int. from Shearer and Cahill

ANGLES:

- BJ O'Neill starts off this week's Supreme TV by shooting American Machine red, white and blue t-shirts to the crowd. (65)

- After a less than successful debut for Hannah's new charges, the "New High Concept!" (James Prudence and Donnie J.), Gregory Black hits the ring and lashes out at his manager-for-one-match-only for "misrepresenting" High Concept through a pair of unskilled surfers whose vocabulary consists of two words - "like" and "dude." (47)

- As Black continues his tirade ahead of his upcoming match, Mr. Tyler is in the process of choosing an opponent for Remo for the #1 Contender match at Nothing to Lose - Jack Bruce. (73)

- Vengeance interfering against Randy Bumfhole sort of confirms what happened last Tuesday - the Unhinged One has brainwashed the increasingly bitter and angry Black into walking on the dark side! We see a Skull Krusher and a Fade to Black delivered to the hapless Randy B. before the newly-formed F-Word - Faith and Frehley - hit the ring and save Randy from the beatdown. (72/76)

- Unlike the Lobby of old, this Lobby ran straight to the ring to attack Huntingdon, and after the match he can be seen heading straight back to the locker room and unenthusiastically acknowledging the crowd. Nope, no pincers for the little kids this time...or possibly ever. (74)

- Joe Sexy rants against Brandon James ahead of Sexy vs James II, a non-title encounter. (74)

- Bruce promises his fans they'll be in for a rockin' good time when he defeats Remo and earns another title shot at Nothing to Lose. Question is, will he get that title shot and defeat the Alpha Dog of the SWF? (OOC - Sorry, JC!) (91)

- Eric Eisen rants about Bruce's lack of musical talent, lack of diplomacy in dealing with bandmates and hypes his kayfabe musical career as the new vocalist of Eric Eisen's Painful Procedure. "That's right, Eric Eisen's Painful Procedure!" - EE (85)

- Vengeance stands at Gorilla position before the Gilmore-Khoklov match and challenges the loose cannon to a Texas Death Match at Nothing to Lose. Khoklov growls out "I ACCEPT!!!" and proceeds to tear apart Gilmore before being DQ'd for refusing to let go of a chokehold. (OOC - Forgot to include a "challenge accepted" angle here, but it's on at Nothing to Lose!) (88)

- Khoklov angrily knocks out referee Shane Stones and beats down on Gilmore after being disqualified. (87)

- Lobster Warrior and Runaway Train are brawling backstage for no apparent reason apart from their ongoing feud, underscoring that this isn't the Lobster Warrior the kids used to know and love. (72)

- Hype video for the Odd Couple defending their Tag Team belts at Nothing to Lose versus Valiant and Giedroyc. (66)

- Post-match celebration for Christian Faith. (86)

- Even if he'll only be going over designated jobber to the stars Enforcer Roberts, that won't stop Jack Bruce from an elaborate entrance, where he again sings a few lines from "Victim of Changes" to an appreciative Iowa State Fayre crowd. (85)

- At the close of Supreme TV we've got a wild backstage brawl between Faith and Vengeance, with Steve Frehley helping out the former and Greg Black, the new "protege" helping the latter. (83)

Final Grade - 79/B (neutral??? I kinda forgot)

Supreme TV Rating - 5.70

(Additional OOC - "The New High Concept!", though faces, was inspired by lower-card heel tag teams such as The New Rockers and The New Midnight Express. Couldn't think of a better name for the Prudence/Donnie J. tag team...)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOC - I promised you Big Smack Scott...and here he is!!!

SWF NOTHING TO LOSE - Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rowland Stadium (Mid-Atlantic)

8:00 P.M.

"Wemme tellya sumpin', ya' rappin', crappin', street thugs..."

"Lezzme tellja jumpin', ya' rappin', crappin', screech thugs..."

"Wemme tellya...ah, s---. S---! S---! S---!"

It was simultaneously hilarious and scary watching Big Smack Scott practice his promos. This time, however, Big Smack wasn't going to be cutting any promos. The Pain Alliance vs Death Row was one of two dark matches I had in store before Nothing to Lose, and I wasn't going to sacrifice the show's PPV buyrate and other factors by putting Scotty (a name he absolutely detested) even in a curtain-jerking role. It was my job to tell Big Smack that he was going to be wrestling in a dark match. He actually should have known that by now, but Big Smack was never known to pay attention in creative meetings.

"Hey, Scott."

"Brian. Really sorry, man, you know it's been a while since I've been out there." Really? Why, I'd just had him put Christian Faith over on Supreme TV the previous week!

"I am STOKED, man! This is gonna be one helluva event!"

"Indeed it will be. Scott, were you listening earlier in the creative meeting?" I hoped I had chosen the right words, because judging by the glint in his eye, Big Smack's mood was gradually turning from pumped-up...to f---ed up...

"Of course I was, Brian. This is a really big day for me, my man Kurt, we're gonna show 'em what they've been missing when you repeatedly kept us off TV!"

"Scott, I dunno how to say this, but you're not gonna be on TV tonight. Pain Alliance vs Death Row is a dark match."

"Dark match?"

"Yeah, a dark match. The live audience can see you, but the people watching at home can't. I've got plans for you, but..."

Oh, boy. Another worker getting in my face. I'm beginning to lose count here. Khoklov didn't exactly resort to violence, but almost did. Remo and Black's way of being confrontational was screaming at me, but their bark was worse than their bite. Bruce had his own methods, such as walking into my office and introducing my right eye to his fist. And now, here's Big Smack Scott, pinning me to the locker room wall. If only for the fact I was nearly s---ting my pants in fear, it would've been funny. Except for being a little more understandable, his backstage temper tantrums were almost the same as his promos. '80s wrestling catchphrase plus growled-out threats.

"Lemme tell you something, Brian. I don't like the way you've been using me in shows. Put Valiant and Giedroyc vs that weirdo Garcia and Mr. Clean or whatever in the dark match. I...NEED that match! I NEED IT!"

"I can't...Scott! It's a...title match! Let...me...go..."

"You're the booker, you're the business. We're the customers. And the customer...is...always...RIGHT!" Oh, dear. Dropping cliches as if he was cutting a promo. Again, this would've ideally been funny.

"LET HIM GO!"

Two strong hands promptly pulled Big Smack Scott off me as he was about to vent out his presumable 'roid rage on me.

I stared at the man who had saved me from a Big Smack Scott beatdown for a few seconds. Nothing. Not a word. He just nodded, walked away and left me to gather my bearings as Big Smack looked for a backstage area he could thrash while spewing out unprintables. Which is what he did until it was Kurt Laramee's turn to restrain him. Maybe Pat was right. Maybe I should have Scott drug-tested ahead of the random tests.

Meanwhile, I couldn't believe it. One week after knocking the crap out of me in my office, Jack Bruce was the cavalry saving me from a beatdown. Good for you, Jack. Good for you.

American Machine vs Everest (Dark)

The Pain Alliance vs Death Row (Dark)

Zimmy Bumfhole vs Gregory Black

Randy Bumfhole vs Marc DuBois for Shooting Star Title

Vengeance vs Marat Khoklov in Texas Titan Death Match (OOC - "Titan" added due to the size of the competitors)

Valiant and Giedroyc vs The Odd Couple © for Tag Team Title

Jack Bruce vs Remo for #1 World Heavyweight Contender

Christian Faith vs Brandon James © for North American Title

Rich Money vs Eric Eisen © for World Heavyweight Title

...plus one surprise match!

SWF NOTHING TO LOSE - Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rowland Stadium (Mid-Atlantic)

DARK MATCHES:

American Machine d. Everest in 5:21 via Old Glory (43)

Pain Alliance d. Death Row in 3:34 via Ego Trip on Knuckles (53)

NOTHING TO LOSE:

Black d. Z. Bumfhole in 5:58 via Fade to Black (61) - also incl. int. from Vengeance

R. Bumfhole d. DuBois in 6:42 via Bumfhole Buster (68) - R. Bumfhole wins Shooting Star title

Odd Couple d. Valiant & Giedroyc in 8:18 via Romeo is Squeeky on Valiant (67) - Odd Couple retains Tag Team title

Vengeance d. Khoklov in 6:18 via Skull Krusher w/dist. from Remo, int. from Black (68)

Remo d. Bruce in 9:56 via Destroyer w/dist. from Black (74) - also incl. int. from Hopkirk; Remo becomes #1 contender for World Heavyweight title

Faith d. James in 12:24 via Leap of Faith w/botched int. from Chase (72) - also incl. dist. from Sexy, dist. from Chase to Faith; Faith wins North American title

Frehley d. Lobby, Gilmore and Train in 22:49 - four-way Ladder Match for #1 Contender for North American title

Eisen d. Money in 9:05 via Supremacy (78) - also incl. int. from Shearer vs Money; Eisen retains World Heavyweight title, Eisen injured in match

ANGLES:

- Several workers are gathered around commissioner Eric Tyler, demanding a match at the event. Tyler announces that Lobster Warrior, Steve Frehley, Runaway Train and Angry Gilmore will take part in a four-way ladder match, with the winner becoming number one contender for the North American belt. The item on top of the ladder? One of Lobby's trademark pincers. "Do what you want with 'em," Lobby says nonchalantly to Mr. Tyler. (74)

- Back in the ring, Vengeance announces the formation of his stable. First he calls on Gregory Black, whom we saw firmly on Vengeance's side on the last Supreme TV. Next, he surprises the crowd by announcing the third member of the Slaves of Yesterday - the Alpha Dog, Remo Richardson! (73)

- Marc DuBois and Randy Bumfhole cut promos ranting against the other in preparation for their match to determine who takes the vacant Shooting Star title. (76/67)

- "Gimme a V! Gimme an A! Gimme an L!" You get the idea. In a Bring it On-inspired routine, Dawn the Cheerleader hypes Valiant and Giedroyc vs the Odd Couple. (63)

- Eric Eisen is not impressed by Vengeance's new stable... (85)

- ...but he is even less impressed by Rich Money's feats in previous weeks leading up to Nothing to Lose. (87)

- After Double E failed to come to Khoklov's aid at the Texas Titans Death Match, the Russian giant beats his employer down in the locker room. "WHY YOU NO HELP? WHY YOU NO HELP?", yells Khoklov as he carries out the attack. Painful Procedure look on, too scared to take any action despite their huge builds. (84)

- A brief video hypes up the four-way ladder match for #1 North American Contender. (76)

- Rich Money knows he's richer, better-looking and more skilled than Eric Eisen, and he makes that known in a hype video for the title match. (88)

- Christian Faith has faith in a higher power and in himself, but not in champions like Brandon James who rely on money, power and dirty tactics to remain on top. (87)

- Meanwhile, Emma Chase promises to be the Delilah to Christian Faith's Samson in the upcoming North American title match. (83)

- As Faith celebrates his title win, James and Chase are arguing about yet another botched interference from the latter. James fires Chase on the spot, triggering an unexpected face turn from the former North American champ! (87/81)

- Lobby isn't happy at all after losing the ladder match - Runaway Train had him in a chokehold as Frehley was climbing up to retrieve the pincers. He thrashes the locker room and has to be restrained by Frehley and Faith before doing further damage. At the announcers' table, Ana Garcia wonders if Lobby is losing it. (80)

- One final hype video for Money vs Eisen. (87)

- Having retained the title thanks to Billy Jack Shearer's drumsticks, Double E celebrates with Painful Procedure and Queen Emily, but with Marat Khoklov nowhere to be seen. (84)

INJURIES:

Steve Frehley - Blown Ear Drum (minor)

Eric Eisen - Whiplash Neck Strain (minor)

Final Grade - 80/B (neutral)

PPV Buyrate - 1.48

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2010

11:00 A.M.

I was at the boss' office that morning, reporting as I'd always do regarding signings, storylines and all that good stuff. At first, Eisen had a wide smile on his face. He was happy with the wrestlers I'd signed and was planning to sign.

"Greg and Matt Gauge. Jay Chord. Gino Montero. And now I hear you're scouting Brett Starr, Casey Valentine and Ash Campbell. Nice second-generation lineup you got planned, Brian. Why, if we can have all of them wrestling on Supreme TV before the year is over..."

"Scouting, not signing. We wouldn't want too many of them floating around in developmental at the same time."

"But we need to cut loose the flotsam and jetsam." Eisen was again reminding me of the disappointing workers in the present SWF roster. "Anyone you have in mind?"

"Everest. His contract's about to be up. Well, not really, but in a couple of months, it will."

As I expected, the old man was very protective of his oversized, underperforming investment. "No, not Elmer."

"Have you seen his matches? They're awful. Consistently awful. Why, I can even have him fight Christian Faith and Pro Wrestling Hits will still say it sucks."

"He is the epitome of monster heel!"

"Rick, we've got enough monster heels to go around. Vengeance. Khoklov. Even Runaway Train's still got something in him, though he's definitely lost a step."

"Randy Bumfhole's contract is coming up, have you thought about that? He's basically been running in place since 2006, same with his brother."

"I thought you gave me freedom to manage the roster the way I want?", I replied, raising my voice a bit. "Randy and Zimmy are staying as long as they could. And I don't care if they ask for the moon and the stars. They're really on the rise these days."

"They return past curfew time, they're always seen with different women, and...they're too small."

"But they're exciting. They always show up sober and they don't bring their hanky-panky into the locker room. They're professionals. They're the perfect antidote to an Everest or Big Smack Scott match. Speaking of Scott, that's another guy I want to ease out of the picture."

"Oh, so you believe he's using?"

"No, not at all," I said, trying not to sound too defensive. "But Everest and Sinclair aren't exactly the most skilled workers out there."

"Do you believe he's using?"

"Using what?"

"You know what I mean," said Eisen, winking an eye and expecting me to give him a good reason to get rid of Big Smack Scott. "I didn't get the answer I want. Do you believe that Scott Sinclair, a.k.a. Big Smack Scott, is using S-T-E-R-O-I-D-S?"

"He may be, but we don't know for sure. He hasn't been selected for random drug testing yet."

Eisen paused to make sure the door was locked, and looked at me with all intensity and seriousness. "I know what happened backstage before Nothing to Lose. Classic 'roid rage symptoms. I know how Jack Bruce charged into your office and punched you. That's a different story. With Bruce, I haven't told him s--- because I know you two aren't getting along too well. I wouldn't want to cause any more friction. He's just misunderstood. But Scott Sinclair using performance-enhancing drugs, which I DEFINITELY believe he is, judging by his actions? Brian, I want you to expedite his drug test."

"I'll see what I can do."

"Don't see what you can do. DO IT!" And that...was an order from Richard Eisen.

An order I would rather follow at some other time. Eisen was talking about friction, and I wanted things to cool down between the two of us first before demanding an on-the-spot drug test.

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Illinois State Park (Great Lakes)

James Prudence vs Billy Russell (Dark)

Jungle Lord vs Paul Huntingdon (Dark)

Robbie Retro vs Marc DuBois (Dark)

The Amazing Bumfholes vs The Pain Alliance

American Machine vs Kid Toma

Valiant and Giedroyc vs Black and Remo

Christian Faith vs Squeeky McClean

Jack Bruce vs Man Mountain Cahill, Guitar-on-a-Pole Match

Joe Sexy vs Angry Gilmore

Rich Money vs Vengeance

OOC - I just realized I haven't booked any draws for two in-game months! I noticed workers complain more often if I book them in draws rather than have them lose. As a semi-spoiler, this card will feature the last draw you'll be seeing in a while.

OOC - I don't think I've ever booked anything with so much interference and nobody getting DQ'd. Anyway, this is my first, and only B- card so far (not counting Uprising), and in the next segment my character will be getting the third degree from Richard Eisen...or at the very least getting a long, disappointed lecture.

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Illinois State Park (Great Lakes)

DARK MATCHES:

Prudence d. Russell in 3:41 via Prudential Pain Plan (63)

Huntingdon d. Lord in 5:44 via High Society (60)

DuBois d. Retro in 4:06 via Model Solution (56)

SUPREME TV:

Bumfholes d. Pain Alliance in 5:41 via Bumfhole Buster on Laramee (63)

Machine d. Toma in 5:04 via Old Glory (50) - also incl. int. from O'Neill vs Toma, Brave vs Machine

Black and Remo d. Valiant and Giedroyc in 7:46 via Destroyer w/int. from Vengeance (72) - also incl. dist. from Hannah vs Remo

Faith d. McClean in 12:31 via underhanded tactics (78) - also incl. int. from Vengeance, Black and Remo vs Faith

Bruce d. Cahill in 8:24 via New York Minute w/int. from Rich Money (72) - also incl. int. from Hopkirk, Shearer and Eisen vs Bruce

Gilmore d. Sexy in 12:59 via Anger Management (82) - also incl. int. from James vs Gilmore

Money drew w/Vengeance in 8:58, double count-out (86) - also incl. int. from Remo and Black vs Money, Faith vs Vengeance

ANGLES:

- Our favorite mushmouth, Big Smack Scott, rants unintelligibly about the Bumfholes, with Kurt Laramee also having a few words against the brothers. As usual, BSS kicks off his rant with a garbled "Lemme tell you somethin' (place name of opponent here)" (67)

- Many were left wondering at Nothing to Lose whether the partnership between Eric Eisen and Marat Khoklov was really over after the latter attacked the former for not having his back in the Texas Death Match vs Vengeance. Double E, the Supremacist (OOC - First time for me to use this moniker for Eric in this diary) granted an interview with Duane Fry and clarified that all is well - it was just a petty misunderstanding blown out of proportion. In fact, he's given Marat a job with his Painful Procedure, as combination road manager/bouncer/security. (93)

- Vengeance grabs the mic from the Supremacist and challenges him to a match at the next Supreme TV. The two may both be on the side of evil, but they certainly don't like each other. (88)

- For his troubles, Double E gets beaten down by Black and Remo, Vengeance's Slaves of Yesterday. (80)

- After seeing a replay of Lobby freaking out at Nothing to Lose, we see a 5-year-old boy in mop hairdo, striped sweater and overalls - this is Chris Morrisette as a young boy growing up in the Pittsburgh area. Then we see Chris in junior high, wearing a mullet and hamming it up with some classmates. Next, we see him as a collegiate wrestler, wearing his soon-to-be-familiar hairdo. For four minutes, Chris Morrisette, the man behind Lobster Warrior, talks about his youth, his background and his present life outside the ring. This is the first in a two-part series depicting his "life story." (68)

- Jack Bruce hits the ring and rants about how Rich Money failed to defeat Double E at Nothing to Lose. He then challenges Man Mountain Cahill, he who loves bashing opponents' heads with guitars, to a guitar-on-pole match on Supreme TV. (91/81)

- Eric Eisen's Painful Procedure vocalist Eric Eisen (duh!) accepts the challenge on Cahill's behalf. (87) (OOC - a bit of cheating here, but it didn't help much after all.)

- Mr. Tyler tries to talk Bruce out of the match as he slowly shows his ulterior heel motives. No dice - the match is on in a bit. (71)

- Bruce and Money brawl backstage, with Bruce upset that the Lone Wolf had interfered; he says he doesn't need a failure helping him out in any way. (83)

- In a new "Let's Do the Freddy!" segment, Frederique Garcia interviews Emma Chase, who still insists on being known as Brandon James' manager. James angrily makes his way to the interview proper and insists once again that he fired her, and doesn't need the help of any self-proclaimed sports agent to make him succeed in the SWF. (76/76)

- After unexpectedly interfering against Gilmore in the earlier match, James approaches Joe Sexy, asks for a mic, and says he wants bygones to be bygones. He talks about how Chase had played both of them against each other, and he wants nothing more to do with the feud. Both men shake hands, cementing James' surprise face turn and ending the James-Sexy feud. (71)

- Steve Frehley, who isn't competing today, hypes his North American title match versus Christian Faith at Awesome Impact the coming month. He talks of respect for the Living Legend of the SWF, but says he's not going to pull any punches in aiming for the title. (87)

Final Grade - 77/B- (Decreased popularity)

Supreme TV Rating - 5.57

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2010

9:30 A.M.

"19 grand it is?"

"19 grand it is."

"You won't regret it, Brian. Zimmy and myself will continue bringing fun and excitement to the SWF with every match, win or lose!"

With that, I exchanged a firm handshake with Randy Bumfhole and looked for some tunes on my iPod to get me energized for the day ahead - Thank God It's Friday indeed! Randy ended up signing a contract more than twice the original, and although we'll be spending more on him for the next two years, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

1:00 P.M.

And just when I was wondering where the boss went...

"Brian? Mr. Eisen wants to see you in his office." Kathy, our secretary, still referred to Rick, Richard, the boss, the old man or whatever you want to call him as "Mr. Eisen", but at least she now called me by my first name. Anyway, I knew what I was going to be in trouble for - the last SWF Supreme TV card. And probably re-signing Randy Bumfhole for $19,000 a month too. Or maybe delaying Big Smack Scott's not-so-random drug test. All of the above, perhaps?

All of the above indeed. And then some.

"Brian, I suppose you know why you're here."

"Yes I do, Rick. It's about Tuesday night."

"Tuesday night...and a whole lot of other things."

1:30 P.M.

"...I'd done my best to warn you about the Lobby idea. I liked the plan you had in mind, but when it was executed, it was crap. So you're unmasking the beloved, colorful and wholesome Lobster Warrior and having him fight as himself, as Chris Morrisette, the most plain-vanilla guy this side of the United States. Big deal! You could've at least embellished things a bit. Could've said he was part of a gang. Said stuff about him being bullied, about being some kid who eats worms and couldn't kiss a girl despite being a good kisser. But no, you had to tell the truth, the truth and nothing but the boring truth about Chris Morrisette and forsake the ideals of ENTERTAINMENT, which is what we provide the fans week in, week out..."

1:45 P.M.

"...Paul was complaining to me about Tuesday's schmozz. We cant have too many of those. As a matter of fact, let's lose the schmozz ending and have more definite W's and L's in there. Nobody likes a draw. People want to see someone win or lose, no middle ground. No gray area..."

1:55 P.M.

"...Vengeance vs Eric? You must be kidding! People won't know whom to cheer and whom to boo! You've got to find a way out of that..."

2:00 P.M.

"...What do you mean you're scared? You survived a Jack Bruce punch to the face and you're telling me you're scared of Big Smack Scott? Geez, Louise! Where's your testicular fortitude, Candido?"

2:15 P.M.

"...NINETEEN THOUSAND SIMOLEONS FOR RANDY BUMFHOLE. You'll be running us bankrupt with what you're doing! The Bumfholes should be putting the mids and upper-mids over. They aren't main event material. Never were, never will be..."

2:25 P.M.

"...Hope you can regroup next week because I'm warning you. Peter Michaels was lucky to survive two years as head booker and one month as interim. Others haven't been so lucky. You're the first booker to have full autonomy over signings, booking, storylines and everything under the sun. Don't give me a reason to take that away from you. I have nothing more to say, Brian."

Full autonomy my a--! Of course I didn't say that, but after that 85-minute tongue-lashing, I finally realized the workers were right. There's no such thing as full autonomy, free reign or "do what you feel is best, it's your call" if you're Richard Eisen's booker.

(OOC - This is mostly a recap of positive locker room incidents for the month of February!)

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Minnesota Coliseum (Midwest)

BACKSTAGE, 8:30 P.M.

"So, how did it go?", asked Chris Morrisette, who was finally ditching the lobster mask and set to debut soon under his real name.

"Eisen hated it. Finds it too boring."

"F--- him," spat the former Lobby, looking around to see if either Eric or Jerry Eisen was nearby. "Nothing he can do about it now. That's what I want to be now - the blue-collar guy, a realistic person most people can relate to, and not just a hero for the little children. But I still want my character to have a little bit of humor."

"I think I've got something for you then," I replied. "We'll probably run it in Uprising."

No smoking area here, so tough luck for me, but at least my smoking buddies from Painful Procedure were feeling good once again, greeting me quite audibly and "flashing the goat" like the metalheads they were. Speaking of heavy metal, I had no clue Robbie Retro was a closet metal fan, and a lover of big bikes, especially Harleys. I found that out recently when I spotted him and Billy Jack Shearer talking about those decidedly non-'70s bubblegum/disco stud topics.

Meanwhile, an intense SWF '10 video game tournament was going on at the recreation room of the Minnesota Coliseum's backstage area. American Machine and BJ O'Neill were getting a kick out of watching Akima Brave play as himself...versus Kid Toma as American Machine. Guess who organized it? Who else but the new figurehead commish, Eric Tyler, he himself a video game fanatic.

I was proud of what I had accomplished so far as head booker. My respect within the locker room was increasing, although there were still some issues - Jack, despite softening up after "The Punch", still gave me the cold shoulder most of the time. Paul Parsons/Rich Money was unhappy about the draw versus Vengeance - he was with Eisen on this one, you either win or lose, fans hate watching a double DQ or countout or Broadway ending. And Scott Sinclair...was Scott Sinclair, looking more 'roided up by the day, although I was biding my time and waiting for the right time to jump him with a not-so-random drug test.

Other than that, I've got no complaints whatsoever with these workers, and they don't have any (major) complaints with me. Or so I hope...

Robbie Retro vs Jack Griffith (Dark)

The Samoan Wildboyz vs Death Row (Dark)

American Machine vs Paul Huntingdon (Dark)

The Biggz Boyz vs The Odd Couple

Captain Atomic vs Everest

Jack Giedroyc vs Enforcer Roberts

Steve Frehley vs Marat Khoklov

Brandon James vs Runaway Train

Randy Bumfhole vs Kurt Laramee

Eric Eisen vs Vengeance

Jack Bruce vs Gregory Black

Rich Money vs Angry Gilmore

OOC - Good news - I'm no longer backlogged by two months in this diary. Bad news - I'm back to the tail-end of March in-game due to some horrendous booking decisions I made leading up to The World is Watching. (I always back up my game files after every in-game month.) Bigpapa42 had stressed back in the TEW 2008 tips thread that planning ahead is important - unfortunately, I found myself booking the same main event in two straight Uprisings, among other gaffes that could've been avoided with some advance planning. Kind of a pity, since I'd gotten my first "A" card ever with a B+ for The World is Watching.

Hopefully I can create more segments this weekend and wrap up the second week of March by Sunday. Thanks as usual to everyone who's browsing the thread and offering feedback! :D

OOC - We're closing the day (or should I say mine) with the last of the February recaps. March will mark the start of Uprising, the (temporary) return of Supreme TV to 90 minutes, plus some other noteworthy in-ring and backstage events.

Once again, craploads of interference and distractions in this card, save for the dark matches and the inconsequential Atomic vs Everest match. Must be my goal to keep as many workers involved as possible and avoid the chances of workers complaining that they were left off a show. At least we got a couple DQs this time around, so the referees aren't exactly missing things that Ray Charles would've been able to see.

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Minnesota Coliseum (Midwest)

DARK MATCHES:

Retro d. Griffith in 5:27 via Murder on the Dancefloor (54)

Wildboyz d. Death Row in 5:14 via Samoan Suplex on Knuckles (52)

Huntingdon d. Machine in 4:12 via High Society (40)

SUPREME TV:

Odd Couple d. Biggz Boyz in 7:07 via foreign object (68) - also incl. dist. from Jessie vs McClean and int. from Valiant vs McClean, Hannah vs Frederique (OOC - What was I thinking...the faces are doing all the interfering!)

Atomic d. Everest in 4:39 via Mushroom Cloud (46)

Giedroyc d. Roberts in 7:36 via Crashing On, dist. from Dawn (72) (OOC - More shenanigans from the babyface side!)

Khoklov d. Frehley in 6:51 via Moscow Lariat, dist. from Hopkirk (73) - also incl. int. from Cahill and dist. from Eisen vs Frehley

James d. Train in 5:07 via DQ, int. from Chase vs James (65)

R. Bumfhole d. Laramee in 5:59 via DQ, int. from Scott vs R. Bumfhole - also incl. int. from DuBois vs R. Bumfhole, dist. from Z. Bumfhole vs Laramee

Vengeance d. Eisen in 8:51 via countout, int. from Remo (69) - also incl. int. from Black vs Eisen

Bruce d. Black in 11:09 via New York Minute, int. from Faith (78) - also incl. int. from Vengeance and dist. from Shearer vs Bruce

Money d. Gilmore in 9:45 via Bank Roll (84) - also incl. int. from Remo vs Money, Khoklov vs Gilmore

ANGLES:

- Part 2 of the Chris Morrisette Story documents his wrestling career in the indies and as part of the Underwater Union in the SWF. He closes by telling Runaway Train he can take him on in any form, may it be as a lobster or as himself, preferably the latter. (74)

- Left without a client after being fired by Brandon James, Emma Chase offers her services quite suggestively to Vengeance, Remo and Gregory Black. Remo and Greg cannot help but listen with their mouths agape. Vengeance, on the other hand, is all business and turns Chase down, telling her they don't, and will never need a manager. (80)

- Eric Eisen is doing all the talking as he hypes Khoklov vs Frehley. (87)

- With James waiting in the ring for his opponent, Train arrives with his new manager - Emma Chase. (79)

- Following Train's DQ due to Chase's illegal attempt to hit James with her briefcase, Chris Morrisette runs into the ring as he and James perform the beatdown. (74)

- Train leaves the ring standing, but dazed from the beatdown, as James and Morrisette call on the third member of their new stable, Joe Sexy, who's watching in the front row. Together, they are known as the Menagerie, a term suggested by James. We have a former Big Cat, a former Lobster, and, as suggested by Sexy, a Bird Dog, three past and present "animals" dedicated to standing up for what's right and erasing the mistakes of their past. (71) (OOC - James is now working an Avenging Angel gimmick. Had to separate him from Chase due to their bad chemistry, thus the face turn.)

- Jack Bruce doesn't have much of a beef with Vengeance - yet - but he doesn't like the way he's strutting around, emphasizing "strength in numbers" with his Slaves of Yesterday faction. For that, he is no better than Double E and the ingrates known as Painful Procedure. (87)

- Ahead of the Money vs Gilmore main event, Gilmore rants against Money - once a rich bully, always a rich bully. A subsequent video hypes their match for tonight. (86/87)

- Marat Khoklov hits the ring and continues his random acts of violence, beating down on Money and Gilmore. He is, however, taken aback by James' one-man save attempt, and runs backstage together with Eric Eisen and the rest of Painful Procedure. (86/87)

Final Grade - 81/B

SWF TV Rating - 6.22

OOC - Ah, what the heck. Here's one more segment before I head off to bed. My twist on JC's "Colony" tag team featuring Greg and Matt Gauge. But this time, they're numbers...from Parts Unknown AND using the tag team name The Parts Unknown. Basing on their Personal information, they're both similar in terms of character and they're both "considered to be optimistic", but Greg's going to be the downer here, with an "annoyed" mood upon being called up (orange face) as to Matt's "very happy."

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2010

10:30 A.M.

So far, so good! Peter Michaels just re-signed, same with referee Ric Young, he of the miscellaneous road stories. Next Monday, I'll be negotiating with the Son of the Boss, the Supremacist, Double E, the (kayfabe) vocalist of Painful Procedure, Mr. Eric Eisen. Being that he's often here at Supreme Towers as the SWF's Chief Operating Officer, I'm expecting he'll hold out for a lot of money. And I do mean a lot.

Yesterday was probably my last Wednesday off as a booker. Effective next week, I would be working in the office on Mondays and touring from Tuesday afternoon to Friday morning (or afternoon, depending on my state of inebriation) as C.A.N.N. would start airing Uprising next Thursday. For those who don't remember Uprising, that's SWF's B-show, where midcarders and lower midcarders can finally get their chance to win some matches and upper midcarders can work the main event and actually get some wins. Since I needed some jobbers to put people over and some new developmental talent to take their place, I recalled the Gauge twins from the RIPW and hired a few newcomers - veteran Jack Griffith (yes, another guy named Jack, joining Bruce, Giedroyc and Marlowe, and another JG to boot!) and youngsters "Hollywood" Brett Starr and Remmy Skye. Griffith will be Uprising jobber material right away - I'm thinking of having him wrestle under his surname, no first name given. Brett, who is the grandson of SWF legend Micky Starr, and Remmy will start off in the RIPW.

Speaking of the Gauge twins, I flew them over to New York so we can discuss plans for their character - or lack thereof. Today, they were sitting in my office, looking excited about finally getting to work in the SWF. At least one of them was.

"How are you guys? Sorry I kept you a bit over at Rhode Island."

"A bit? If you call one month and a half 'a bit', then I'm doing fine," groused the twin whom I believe is Greg. Word was he wasn't too happy starting off at developmental, and true enough, he was sarcastic from the get-go.

Matt was evidently in a better mood. "Just happy to be here." He then turned to his identical twin. "Come on, Greg, lighten up! I'm sure Brian has some great ideas for us."

"He better. Doesn't he have zero exp..."

"Shut up, dingus!"

Ah, brothers. Twin brothers, at that. And this is what I had in store for them. I pulled out a drawer and showed them the outfits they would be wearing, mask included. Mr. Eisen had given me a directive - again, full autonomy my ass! - that in no uncertain terms should we let people know they're Sam Keith's sons, at least not yet. That's why I had these costumes created for them so nobody would find out who they are.

"What the hell are those?", asked Greg upon seeing the costumes.

"Those are the costumes you'll be wearing at Uprising. Greg, you're going to be Part One. Matt, you'll be playing the role of Part Two. Together, you'll be Parts Unknown. Sounds cool?"

Greg was not the least bit impressed, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Touche."

"I think these costumes look great," said Matt. "You've even got the number two on the back of the mask so people will know who's who." I liked his enthusiasm.

But Mr. Positive Vibes, Greg Gauge, still wasn't liking what he saw. "Will it even matter? We're just gonna be jobbed out anyway."

"It'll be a cool way to put people over." Matt turned to me to apologize for his brother's behavior. "Don't mind Greg, he isn't always like that. The RIPW did make us a bit homesick, but..."

Again, Greg interrupted Matt with yet another display of optimism...not. "Dad's going to kill us if he finds out we're two jabronis getting our asses kicked in those stupid costumes!"

Ouch. Those costumes were MY idea!

"Uh, guys, your dad doesn't have to find out a thing. Remember, it usually takes years before people find out who the men behind the masks really are..."

"Newsflash. This is the Internet age, people are gonna find out!", said Greg. "But come to think of it, at least it's better than doing jobs as the Gauge Twins or whatever. We could do worse."

"Once again, sorry my brother's acting like such a pain," offered Matt. "We'll do it."

Part One and Part Two. Not bad for a pair of masked jobbers. I'll need to think of a good unmasked gimmick for those two at some point in the future, but for now, their goal is to learn on the job as they, in Greg's words, get their asses kicked in those stupid costumes.

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Hampshire Garden (New England)

Captain Atomic vs Billy Russell (Dark)

John Greed and Griffith vs Eric Eisen's Painful Procedure (Hopkirk & Shearer) (Dark)

Chris Morrisette vs Enforcer Roberts

Zimmy Bumfhole vs Runaway Train

American Machine vs Marat Khoklov

Valiant vs Vengeance

Eric Eisen © vs Remo - for World Heavyweight Title

Christian Faith vs Frederique Garcia

Jack Bruce vs Angry Gilmore

SWF UPRISING - Thursday, March 4, 2010

Laurent Ballroom (New England)

Gregory Black vs Billy Russell (Dark)

Kurt Laramee vs Akima Brave (Dark)

The Biggz Boyz vs The Parts Unknown (Greg and Matt Gauge)

The New High Concept! vs Death Row

Jack Giedroyc vs Man Mountain Cahill

Robbie Retro vs Randall Hopkirk

Jungle Lord vs Marc DuBois

Randy Bumfhole vs Squeeky McClean

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Hampshire Garden (New England)

DARK MATCHES:

Atomic d. Russell in 4:49 via Mushroom Cloud (62)

EE's Painful Procedure d. Greed and Griffith in 4:35 via Rhythm 'n' Blues on Greed (49)

SUPREME TV:

Morrisette d. Roberts in 9:15 using the ropes (68) - also incl. dist. from Train and Chase vs Morrisette

Train d. Z. Bumfhole in 6:33 via Train Wreck, dist. from Chase (69)

Khoklov d. Machine in 6:12 via Moscow Lariat (67)

Vengeance d. Valiant in 7:41 via Skull Krusher, dist. from Black (82) - also incl. int. from Remo vs Valiant

E. Eisen d. Remo in 9:51 via Supremacy (76) - also incl. Faith, Khoklov vs Remo, Vengeance, G. Black vs E. Eisen - Eric Eisen retains World Heavyweight title

Faith d. Garcia in 14:50 via Leap of Faith, dist. from Frehley (83) - also incl. int. from Vengeance vs Faith, dist. from McClean vs Faith

Bruce vs Gilmore in 14:53 via New York Minute (79) - also incl. int. from Khoklov vs Gilmore, EE's Painful Procedure vs Bruce

ANGLES:

- The Menagerie does a TV parody where they play the roles of the men of How I Met Your Mother - Brandon James as "Marshall Eriksen", Chris Morrisette as "Ted Mosby" and of course, Joe Sexy as "Barney Stinson." It's a nice attempt to make the Menagerie look like average men in their early-mid 30s enjoying the bond of friendship, but the grade is less than legen...wait for it...dary. (71)

- Runaway Train celebrates his first victory with Emma Chase as manager. (76)

- Eric Eisen teases the possible start of a feud with Vengeance and the rest of the Slaves of Yesterday while wondering why he has to face Rich Money yet again at Awesome Impact. Money answers back with a rant of his own ahead of his title shot at Awesome Impact, and thinks the Supremacist talks too much for his own good. You don't say. (89/85)

- Angry Gilmore charges the ring after Khoklov's squash win over American Machine and beats down on the giant! Could this be the prelude to a rematch at Awesome Impact? (Gilmore won their first encounter via DQ.) (87)

- A video hypes Eric Eisen's third title defense, where he'll be facing Remo in just a few minutes. Eric Tyler is the special guest referee. The video includes highlights from Double E's mini-feud with Vengeance's stable. (84)

- During the match, Mr. Tyler obviously favors his namesake, warning Vengeance and Gregory Black for interfering against Eric, but allowing Khoklov and even Christian Faith to interfere against Remo.

- A pull-apart brawl follows Eric's successful defense of the title - it's Double E vs Money to start things off, but Christian Faith, Remo, Greg Black and Vengeance get involved as well. (84)

- The F-Word - Christian Faith and Steve Frehley's occasional tag team partnership - will be facing Vengeance and Black next week. The Living Legend and the Dark Destroyer believe they can win it. (84)

- Marat Khoklov and Eric Eisen, who have their respective beefs with Gilmore and Bruce respectively, get beaten down by the two men, who are unexpectedly teaming up against their mutual enemies. Gilmore challenges Khoklov to a no-DQ match at Awesome Impact 2010, and the Russian accepts. (90/79)

Final Grade - 81/B

SWF TV Rating - 6.17

Next - Scenes from the Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning after-party, celebrating the SWF going global!

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010

12:30 A.M.

AT SOME RANDOM BAR NEAR THE NEW HAMPSHIRE GARDEN...

They were all there, celebrating a huge milestone that had taken place nearly a week ago. The SWF was going global at last. There was no disputing it now - the Supreme Wrestling Federation was the number one promotion in America, number one in the world. And despite the often brilliant booking of TCW's Joel Bryant, the California-based promotion was still a distant second behind the SWF. Rumor has it that TCW would soon be going global, but that didn't matter at all as the party raged on for everyone in the SWF. The SWF was first to reach global, and with the help of the shared vision of owner Richard Eisen, head booker Brian Candido, announcer/assistant booker Peter Michaels and the rest of the creative team, their goal was to stay number one forever.

At one end of the bar, Richard Eisen was clearly enjoying himself, singing Tom Jones' "Sex Bomb" on the karaoke machine. The agents, writers, announcers, Living Legend Christian Faith (and Mr. Eisen's own sons Eric and Jerry) were all pretending to enjoy the boss' lame attempts to sing and move like his boyhood hero, except for Pat Deacon, who didn't hide the fact he loved the performance. It was about to get worse, though. Next in line to sing was the Supremacist, Eric Eisen, who was celebrating his new $80,000 monthly contract. Unfortunately for everyone near the karaoke machine, Eric had selected "Cryin'" by Aerosmith, a song destined to prove that he'd never be asked to sing for Painful Procedure unless kayfabe was involved.

Two pairs of brothers were hitting it off with the ladies at the bar. William Randolph "Randy" and Robert Zimmerman "Zimmy" Bumfhole were known for their penchant for the high life (and ability to police themselves on "work" days), so it was nothing shocking to see them making the rounds. But the girls seemed more interested in Greg and Matt Gauge, Sam Keith's 20-year-old twin boys. They made sure not to mention anything about debuting Thursday night in kooky "mystery man" attires that went out of style in the early '90s. It was their first-ever SWF after-party, but one that wouldn't be their last.

Scott Sinclair, a.k.a. Big Smack Scott, was hanging with Kurt Laramee and the midcard bunch of Paul Huntingdon, Freddy Garcia, the Samoan Wildboyz and a few others. For these workers, it was getting harder and harder to put up with Scott's immature boasting and repeated claims he could drink everyone under the table. It wasn't long before Scott was running to the men's room to throw up, having imbibed more and done so faster than he realistically could.

Angry Gilmore had no interest in booze, boasting and/or babes like the other workers. He was straight-edge and proud of it, one of the more humble workers in the SWF, and he was happily married to Jessie despite their on-screen separation in 2009. He was talking shop and sharing road stories with Emma Chase and her real-life boyfriend, TCW's Sammy Bach in a bit of a "double-date" setting at a far corner of the bar.

One couldn't help but notice how much time Brian Candido, the head booker, seemed to be spending with pretty young valet Hannah Potter. They were quickly becoming an item in the locker room, despite Hannah having a boyfriend back home in Detroit. Wrestlers Billy Jack Shearer, Robbie Retro, Chris Morrisette and a few others could be heard cheering "GO, BRIAN!" as the one-time New Kid from Nowhere continued chatting away with the young lady who managed Valiant (and Val's tag team partner Jack Giedroyc by proxy) and The New High Concept!

Soon enough, the conversation was interrupted. But it wasn't by Brian getting fed up with the workers' good-natured teasing.

"I want to talk to you, Brian. Man-to-man. I've got smokes."

Jack Bruce, who'd probably had more than a few beers on him at this point, wants to talk to me? I better bring some protection with me.

"Uh...Ronnie? Randall? Billy? Care to join us for..."

"No, Brian. Just you and me. We need to get this over with."

Jack didn't want to talk in the smoking area of the bar. He wanted to talk outside, where no one nearby can hear us talking, where not even Eric Eisen's god-awful singing or the pipe-in music could drown out our voices.

"Hannah's a nice girl. You sure got a catch back there..."

"Thanks, Jack, but she's got a boyfriend. And I'd rather date someone who doesn't work in the wrestling industry. Not one to s--- in my own backyard anymore."

"I know, man. I was just messin' around. But I wanted to talk to you about..."

Jack paused to light his cigarette, fidgeted a bit and tried to find the right words to say.

"About...man, who am I kidding. I feel like such an idiot for punching you. For trying to make you look bad from day one. You know, maybe Painful Proc was right. Maybe I did ride them too hard. S---, man." You wouldn't expect it from a larger-than-life character onscreen and onstage, but Jack was trying to fight back tears as he stammered out an apology.

"I'm sorry, Brian."

We exchanged handshakes and officially put an end to our real-life feud right then and there. It had been two months, but I finally gained the respect of the one man who remained 100 percent skeptical and distrusting up to that point, although once again, Big Smack Scott doesn't count. That guy lives in his own world where he is king, where steroids are legal and brainless acts of machismo are rewarded in cash and kind.

"Have you ever felt how it's like to be the little guy?", Jack asked me. "Have you ever grown up in a broken home, gone to school only to get your ass kicked every Friday afternoon before boarding the school bus, and had nothing to cheer you up except sports, pro wrestling included, and music?"

"Can't say I had any family problems, but school was rough for me. Kids picked on me all the time for being skinny, dorky, nearsighted, you name it. But that's behind me now."

"Now you know, man. I dunno if you can call it small man's complex, because I'm obviously not as short and scrawny as I used to be. But after that growth spurt in junior high, after I finally bulked up at the gym, with no outside help..."

"Outside help, meaning the kind Scotty would enlist?"

"Yeah." Jack smiled faintly as I again brought up the hated nickname of the least popular man in the locker room. "Anyway, nobody messed with me when I was in high school. I was the victim who became a victimizer. I was a real p---k when I grew big enough to fight back. And I guess I was a real p---k when it came to my bandmates, and especially when it came to people I don't trust. It took me a while, but believe me, man. I trust you now."

Believe him? To be honest, I was glad we weren't fighting anymore, but I'd heard a lot of stories about Jack kayfabing apologies. There was a chance he was just saying that to save face after the dirt sheets picked up on the story of him punching out the head booker due to a controversial storyline. To cut the long story short, Jack had poured out his heart and soul like he may have done so to others after realizing they weren't that bad after all. He vented out his frustrations with Mr. Eisen. But not once did he directly say he was sorry about criticizing the way I was booking the shows.

How long would it be before the overly-demanding, critical and patronizing Jack Bruce returns to replace the contrite and humbled version I was seeing right now? I had no idea.

OOC - Sorry I haven't gotten around to adding some pics on this diary, but that should follow very soon. Just coming off a "hell week" in terms of work.

A few challenges:

- I'm still trying to get the most out of Brandon James as a face - when I noticed bad chemistry between him and Emma Chase, either one of them had to be turned, and I went with Big Money because his Face rating is at a B+ and because there aren't enough heel managers to go around. (I also have Queen Emily and Carl Batch, but at this point, they're both managing midcarders and below.) But James' Avenging Angel gimmick is flat (only a 48) and even if it's graded out quite decently, I'm still nonplussed by the Grappling Samaritan storyline I wrote for him.

- Too much interference as a result of wanting to avoid workers getting irritated by being left off a show.

- Making Supreme TV 90 minutes again was a mistake. I haven't restarted April yet but when I do, Supreme TV will be back to two hours.

Will be making more updates hopefully over the weekend. :D

You can change the show length anytime on the Schedule page. Choose the show, View Profile, Adjust Details and change the time. For a company the size of SWF the network should allow it.

Actually, that's where I changed the show lengths. Been playing around with it a bit and early in January, I changed Supreme TV to 120 minutes. Then I changed it back to 90 right after Uprising went on air. (Supreme TV from 2nd week to 4th week March 2010 is all 90 minutes.) But as it turned out, 90 wouldn't cut it, especially with the new hires as of the end of March/start of April. Yup, Supreme TV is really best as a two-hour show as you can schedule longer matches while making sure as many main eventers/upper midcarders as possible get TV time.

SWF UPRISING - Thursday, March 4, 2010

Laurent Ballroom (New England)

DARK MATCHES:

Black d. Russell in 6:56 via Fade to Black (59)

Laramee d. Brave in 5:40 via Switchblade Powerslam (57)

SUPREME TV:

Biggz Boyz d. Parts Unknown in 5:44 via Biggz Up on Part One (59)

New High Concept! d. Death Row in 7:17 via Prudential Pain Plan/dist. from Hannah (63)

Giedroyc d. Cahill in 7:05 via Crashing On (58)

Retro d. Hopkirk in 8:23 via Murder on the Dancefloor (48) - also incl. int. from Cahill and Shearer vs Retro

DuBois d. Lord in 6:44 via Model Solution (69)

McClean d. R. Bumfhole in 13:22 via Stain Removal, int. from DuBois (83) - also incl. int. from Garcia vs R. Bumfhole

ANGLES:

- Eric Tyler is forcing Jack Bruce to fight Vengeance in a scaffold match at Awesome Impact 2010. If Bruce really wants to push the envelope with his matches, says Mr. Tyler, why not go with the super-dangerous scaffold match? (72)

- Tyler announces a few matches for Awesome Impact - Bruce vs Vengeance in a Scaffold Match and James vs Remo. The latter match doesn't have much in the way of feuds, but should make for a good curtain-jerker at Awesome Impact. (77)

- Jessie, who hasn't been seen much on TV recently, believes the Biggz Boyz could make quick work of their mystery opponents, the masked Parts Unknown. (68)

- Another manager hype - Hannah touting the abilities of the New High Concept! (48)

- Death Row answers back with their own rant against the Jimmy P./Donnie J. reincarnation of High Concept. (44)

- More Awesome Impact previews here - a hype vid for Faith vs Frehley for the North American title. (83)

- And another one here for Awesome Impact - the Odd Couple defend their tag belts versus the Amazing Bumfholes. (63)

- And a third one! Who can forget Eric Eisen defending his World Heavyweight title versus Rich Money at Awesome Impact 2010. (87)

- Jungle Lord says "Me Jungle Lord beat DuBois here Uprising!" ahead of his match versus the Can't Miss Prospect, Marc DuBois. (58)

- In this episode of Let's Do the Freddy, the flamboyant Frederique Garcia interviews Randy Bumfhole. Randy B. believes he can party all over the boring Squeeky McClean, which Freddy definitely objects to. (70)

Final Grade - 71/C+

Uprising Rating - 0.46

(OOC - Upon reviewing the incidents so far, Big Smack Scott had actually been fined for testing positive in the third Tuesday of March ahead of Supreme TV. But for purposes of this diary, he'll be fined on the second Monday of the month.)

MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2010

1:30 P.M.

"Test results for Sinclair, Scott," said the young man who entered my office delivering the results of Big Smack Scott's earlier drug test. Just as I'd hoped, he was staying at the Supreme Suites over the weekend up to today, which was the right time to give him a little unpleasant surprise in the morning- a drug test upon management's request.

This is hardly surprising. Positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

3:30 P.M.

"I'm really sorry, Scott. The tests got back a couple hours ago and they're positive. I'm going to have to fine you 25 percent of your monthly paycheck."

I didn't know if Scott had gotten 'roided up today, but at first, he was in a state of denial. "There must be some mistake in here. I haven't...no, I haven't been taking any performance-enhancing drugs. I'm clean, man! Clean! Talk to Mr. Eisen about this. I swear I haven't been taking anything."

"I'm really not the right person to talk to here, and neither is Mr. Eisen. You'll have to course your complaint to the drug testing clinic."

Then came the anger.

"HOW DARE YOU GIVE ME THE RUNAROUND! You people are out to get me. From the moment I debuted in the SWF, you bastards have been trying to single me out, trying to MAKE ME LOOK BAD!" No matter how you look at it, Scott looked bad. He was a) a bad influence to Kurt Laramee, b) bad when it came to timing his ribs, c) a bad presence in the locker room and d) a very, very, very bad wrestler.

Okay, what's next here? Ah, bargaining.

"You can't garnish my salary, Brian. My wife's pregnant and I've got bills to pay. Lots of bills. But you know my wife, I really love her and I'm trying to do right by her. You believe me, don't you? You're not like that cur, cur...karmidgeon (OOC - curmudgeon) Richard Eisen. You're cool in my book, even if you've been jobbing Kurt and myself out to the others."

"Scott, you don't even have a wife," I chuckled. "Ring rat, perhaps, but I really have to fine you for testing positive. It's company policy. First offense - fine. Second offense - one-month..."

"I know, I know, but we just got married. Like, maybe in November or December last year. You weren't even with the company yet."

Riiiiight, I thought to myself. If you just got married, you'd know the exact month when you tied the knot.

I didn't have to see depression from Big Smack Scott, and I certainly wasn't expecting acceptance.

"The punishment stays."

"Forget you, pal." Big Smack Scott stood up and headed for the door, giving the "anger" stage a slight reprise. "You, Richard Eisen, his jabroni sons, Peter Michaels, you're all the same."

BANG! The door slammed so hard as Scott was on his way out that I was afraid it would fly off its hinges. But it didn't.

Strike one, Scott Sinclair. At least I could believe Jack Bruce for the most part when he apologized to me at the SWF Goes Global! post-Supreme TV party. But Big Smack Scott was always out to deny things and try to weasel his way out of a tight spot. Though I always tried to be more of a buddy than a puppet master as head booker, I wasn't going to change the rules for anyone. They were already lenient as they were.

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Manhattan National Center (Tri-State)

Donnie J vs Akima Brave (Dark)

Zimmy Bumfhole vs Big Smack Scott (Dark)

Valiant vs Everest (Dark)

Joe Sexy vs Remo

Jack Giedroyc vs Marat Khoklov

Chris Morrisette vs Paul Huntingdon

The F Word vs Vengeance and Gregory Black

Jack Bruce vs Rich Money (non-title)

SWF UPRISING - Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dust Bowl Fields (Mid-South)

The Samoan Wildboyz vs The Parts Unknown

Billy Jack Shearer vs Kirk Jameson

Jungle Lord vs John Greed

James Prudence vs Man Mountain Cahill

Captain Atomic vs Marc DuBois

Gregory Black vs American Machine

Chris Morrisette and Joe Sexy vs Runaway Train - 1 vs 2 handicap

SWF AWESOME IMPACT 2010 - Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Amazing Bumfholes vs The Odd Couple © for Tag Team Title

Valiant and Giedroyc vs The Biggz Boyz vs The Pain Alliance for #1 Tag Contender

Brandon James vs Remo

Angry Gilmore vs Marat Khoklov

Jack Bruce vs Vengeance in High Incident (Scaffold) Match

Christian Faith © vs Steve Frehley for North American Title

Rich Money vs Eric Eisen © for World Heavyweight Title

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Manhattan National Center (Tri-State)

DARK MATCHES:

Brave d. Donnie J. in 3:51 via Samoan Suplex (20)

Z. Bumfhole d. Big Smack Scott in 5:04 via Bumfhole in One (60)

Valiant d. Everest in 4:06 via foreign object, dist. from Hannah vs Everest (54)

SUPREME TV:

Remo d. Sexy in 6:34 via Destroyer, int. from Black (79) - also incl. dist. Chase vs Sexy

Khoklov d. Giedroyc in 5:15 using the ropes (72) - also incl. dist. Dawn vs Khoklov

Morrisette d. Huntingdon in 5:41 via submission, blatantly cheating (67) - also incl. dist. from Chase and Train vs Morrisette

F Word d. Vengeance and Black in 11:41 via DQ, Black illegal man vs Frehley (78)

Bruce d. Money in 25:20 via New York Minute, int. from Khoklov vs Money (88) - also incl. int. from E. Eisen and Shearer vs Bruce

ANGLES:

- Brandon James and Chris Morrisette run in to save Joe Sexy from a Black/Remo beatdown. Still hard to believe the once-hated James is "atoning for his sins" by saving people from getting beat down and acting like an average everyday Joe (not Sexy) in his skits with the Menagerie. (76)

- A video hypes James vs Remo at Awesome Impact 2010. (79)

- Angry Gilmore is confident of defeating Khoklov at Awesome Impact 2010 with no help whatsoever from anybody. Not his (kayfabe) soon-to-be ex-wife, not his former partner Joe Sexy, not even Jack Bruce, the "most overrated singer in the rock scene and no great shakes in the ring." (84)

- More boasting from the Supremacist ahead of Awesome Impact. (86)

- It's Christian Faith's turn to hype his championship defense vs Steve Frehley at Awesome Impact. Again, he's showing respect but knows he's better, more experienced and a sure shot to retain his North American title. (86)

- Two rants against the Cream of the Crop, Jack Bruce. Rich Money has never liked nor trusted the ex-champ, and he says his piece. Next, Vengeance, whom he'll be facing at Awesome Impact, asserts his claim as the king of non-traditional matches. He thanks Mr. Tyler for giving him what should be the easiest non-traditional match of his career, which would end with him throwing Bruce off a scaffold and onto a table faster than you can say "man under pressure." (87/84)

- Christian Faith and Steve Frehley save Bruce from a 3-on-1 beatdown courtesy of Vengeance, Remo and Greg Black, the Slaves of Yesterday. Meanwhile, Bruce, who has left the F Word to brawl with the Slaves, argues with Money to wrap up the show. (86/87)

Final Grade - 84/B+

Supreme TV Rating - 6.22

SWF UPRISING - Thursday, March 11, 2010

MATCHES:

Samoan Wildboyz d. Parts Unknown in 4:38 via Suicide Headbutt on Part One (48)

Shearer d. Jameson in 5:46 via Rhythm 'n' Bruise (51) - also incl. int. Cahill vs Jameson

Lord d. Greed in 6:45 via Jungle Jack Jammer (64)

Cahill d. Prudence in 7:15 via Mountain Topper (58) - also incl. int. Hopkirk vs Prudence

DuBois d. Atomic in 7:29 via Model Solution w/blatant cheating (68) - also incl. dist. R. Bumfhole vs DuBois

Black d. Machine in 10:26 via Fade to Black (59) - also incl. int. Vengeance vs Machine

Morrisette and Sexy d. Runaway Train in 9:27 via pinfall/foreign object (76) - also incl. dist. Chase vs Sexy, int. Chase vs Morrisette and Sexy

ANGLES:

- Death Row spew a few rap-related catchphrases, despite not being scheduled for the evening. (41) (OOC - My bad, that should've been the Wildboyz' promo.)

- Hype for Money vs Eric Eisen, which will take place later in the evening at Awesome Impact. (84)

- First of three Fast Times at Ridgemont High parodies - Eric Tyler plays Mr. Hand to James Prudence's Jeff Spicoli. (56)

- And two more in one video. Donnie J. tells an actor looking uncannily like Gregory Black that he's going to kick 100 percent of his ass. And Hannah, of course, parodies Phoebe Cates' legendary scene from Fast Times... (53)

- BJ O'Neill hypes American Machine and says her new charge is a far better wrestler than Akima Brave will ever be. (59) (OOC - Another blooper here. BJ was supposed to hype Machine vs Black. Oh well.)

- Hype for Faith vs Frehley for the North American title at Awesome Impact. (81)

- Greg Black goes on a 5-minute attack against the fans, the younger, newer talent (milking the "Bitter Veteran" gimmick for all it's worth), Hannah, The New High Concept!, and everything he hates about the SWF. (59)

- Chris Morrisette and Joe Sexy celebrate winning their handicap match against Train, but "C-Mo" wants Train one-on-one. Will he get that match anytime soon? (74)

Final Grade - 65/C

Uprising TV Rating - 0.44

OOC - We're now at the middle of March in this diary, and I plan to introduce pictures on the detailed Quarterly Report that sums up all the workers, teams, stables, major incidents, arrivals and departures from January to March 2010. I'm no expert yet when it comes to adding color to the TV cards and PPVs and bringing the storylines to life with dialogue, but if anyone's having a hard time keeping up, they can refer to the Quarterly Report once it's posted.

SWF AWESOME IMPACT 2010 - Thursday, March 11, 2010

MATCHES:

ANGLE - With the smoke cleared after Uprising, Awesome Impact kicks off with a short video highlighting Marat Khoklov's random attacks on workers and Angry Gilmore's resolve to take down the giant by pinfall, with no assistance whatsoever. (84)

ANNOUNCEMENT - (OOC - Not included in the angles, but I should've.) The announcers briefly explain that since Randy Bumfhole suffered an injury (kayfabe) at Uprising, he will not be able to compete in the Tag Team title match. Instead, Zimmy Bumfhole will be facing Squeeky McClean in singles competition.

McClean d. Z. Bumfhole in 6:42 via Stain Removal (72) - also incl. int. from Garcia vs Z. Bumfhole

ANGLE - A montage of previous rants by Eric Eisen vs Rich Money. (86)

Valiant and Giedroyc d. Biggz Boyz and Pain Alliance (72) - Valiant and Giedroyc next contenders after Amazing Bumfholes for Tag Team title

ANGLE - James vs Remo hype video. (78)

ANGLE - Khoklov tries to soften up Gilmore before their no-DQ match by beating him down backstage. (87)

Remo d. James in 10:06 via Destroyer w/int. from Vengeance (79) - also incl. dist. Chase vs James, int. Morrisette vs Remo

Gilmore d. Khoklov in 10:15 via Anger Management (81) - also incl. int. from E. Eisen and Shearer vs Gilmore, match is No DQ

ANGLE - Gilmore, who has now officially turned face, celebrates his victory. (82)

Vengeance d. Bruce in 17:17, thrown from top of scaffold w/int. from Cahill (78) - also incl. int. from Remo and E. Eisen vs Bruce, Faith and Frehley vs Vengeance

ANGLE - Vengeance, Remo and Greg Black celebrate the Unhinged One's victory over Jack Bruce at the Scaffold Match. (84)

ANGLE - Christian Faith and Steve Frehley have some final words for each other before the North American title match. (89/88)

Faith © d. Frehley in 21:47 via Leap of Faith (83) - also incl. int. from Vengeance vs Faith, Remo vs Frehley - Christian Faith retains North American title

ANGLE - With the match over, Faith and Frehley shake hands and celebrate what has been one of Awesome Impact's highlights so far. (89)

Money d. E. Eisen © in 14:51 using the ropes (81) - also incl. int. Shearer vs Money, dist. Emily vs Money - Rich Money is the NEW World Heavyweight Champion

ANGLE - Remo hits the ring after Rich Money's title victory, ostensibly to congratulate the new champ. Instead, he beats down on his former best friend and hits him with the Destroyer. Soon, Vengeance and Black are in the ring to complete the 3-on-1 beatdown. (86)

ANGLE - Faith and Frehley run in for the save, cleaning house. (85)

NO-SHOWS:

Randy Bumfhole (Working Elsewhere) (OOC - This is weird. I had Randy interfering at Uprising, which is supposed to be at the same venue and date as Awesome Impact. But he wasn't available to work at Awesome Impact, and he wasn't hurt.)

Final Grade - 81/B (Increased popularity)

PPV Buyrate - 1.51

MONDAY, MARCH 15, 2010

NEW SIGNINGS

5:00 P.M.

With an hour remaining before quitting time, I took a look at the whiteboard where I had written my accomplishments for the day - will you look at all these new signings.

Jamie Atherton and Roger Cage will be starting immediately in the enhancement talent/opener level, putting the midcarders over on Uprising. They both have their share of potential to succeed someday in the SWF. Sadly I can't say the same for Ford Gumble, whom I signed simply to spite that other promotion from L.A. Then again, maybe I've gone overboard signing TCW rejects...in reporting the Gumble signing when it was still an unconfirmed rumor, Pro Wrestling Hits called us "scavengers", lapping up TCW scraps and turning them into B-show fodder. It hurt, because it was true. Moving forward, I'll wait until a certified TCW star's contract comes up, and hopefully there will be a few before the month is over.

Going back to the signings, Peter Valentine's nephew Casey, Nemesis' son Ash Campbell and color commentator Sara Silver will all be headed to Rhode Island. Now we're one man short (Cameron Vessey) of having everyone in the Succession signed to SWF contracts. If I decide to revive the Succession concept in the SWF, Ash could make a good fourth member someday, but for now, he'll be working a hipster gimmick under another name. Sara will join the Uprising team soon, but first, I'm sending her to RIPW to train the younger workers in acting and mic skills.

Speaking of the RIPW, I wonder how Jay's doing over there. Has he alienated anyone so far? Has he gotten any DUI arrests? Is he any kind of a good influence to Brett Starr? In the meantime, I think I'm just a couple weeks away from calling somebody up and sending someone else down.

And tomorrow, we hit Puerto Rico.

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, March 16, 2010

San Juan Cultural Center (Puerto Rico)

American Machine vs Griffith (Dark)

Brett Biggz vs Kurt Laramee (Dark)

Valiant and Giedroyc vs Eric Eisen's Painful Procedure (Hopkirk & Shearer)

The Amazing Bumfholes vs The Odd Couple © for Tag Team Title

Angry Gilmore vs Marc DuBois

Brandon James vs Paul Huntingdon

Chris Morrisette vs Akima Brave

Christian Faith vs Remo vs Vengeance for World Heavyweight #1 Contender

SWF SUPREME TV - Tuesday, March 16, 2010

San Juan Cultural Center (Puerto Rico)

DARK MATCHES:

Machine d. Griffith in 4:36 via Old Glory (50)

Laramee d. Brett Biggz in 5:20 via Switchblade Powerslam (55)

SUPREME TV:

Valiant and Giedroyc d. Painful Procedure in 5:45 via Crashing On (62) - also incl. botched interference E. Eisen vs Hopkirk, dist. Cahill vs Giedroyc

ANGLE - In between matches, we see recaps of two matches from Awesome Impact 2010 - Money vs Eisen, with Rich Money winning the World Heavyweight title, and Gilmore vs Khoklov, featuring Gilmore's win and face turn. (87/85)

Bumfholes d. Odd Couple © in 7:44 via DQ, DuBois int. vs R. Bumfhole (74) - Odd Couple retains Tag Team title

ANGLE - Making his first appearance as World Heavyweight champ, Rich Money announces a three-way match for #1 Heavyweight Contender - he has chosen Christian Faith, Vengeance and Remo as the participants. (89)

ANGLE - Noticing the unfairness of it all, as Vengeance and Remo are stablemates, Faith steps out and tells Money it isn't fair. He questions whether the new champ is in cahoots with the Unhinged One. Just as Money is denying his affiliation with Vengeance, Faith is attacked from behind by the Slaves of Yesterday - Vengeance, Remo and Gregory Black. (85/82)

Gilmore d. DuBois in 5:38 via Anger Management (75)

ANGLE - The Supremacist, Eric Eisen, is obviously unhappy about losing the title at Awesome Impact. Ahead of the three-way #1 contender match, Double E says he's going with Remo, because he is definitely not a fan of Faith, and doesn't like Vengeance either. (86)

James d. Huntingdon in 6:42 via Big Money Move (66)

ANGLE - Vengeance angrily denies Faith's accusation that he and Money are colluding against him. For one, says Vengeance, the Slaves of Yesterday are all he needs on his side, and they only step in when truly needed. (We all know this isn't true - Black and Remo have been interfering quite a lot recently!) And furthermore, Vengeance doesn't need the presence of any rich benefactor who sees himself as a "lone wolf" anyway. (80)

Morrisette d. Brave in 8:44 via submission, dist. from Chase vs Brave (80) - also incl. int. Toma, Train vs Morrisette, Sexy vs Brave (OOC - Another March blooper from yours truly. Chase should be distracting Lobby, er...Chris!)

ANGLE - One more prediction for the three-way dance - Steve Frehley, who feels no bitterness over his loss to Faith at Awesome Impact, picks his friend to win the three-way. (85)

Vengeance d. Faith and Remo in 12:44 via Skull Krusher w/int. from Black vs Faith (79) - also incl. int. Money vs Remo, Bruce vs Vengeance

Final Grade - 80/B

Supreme TV Rating - 6.11

Archived