Diary Preview And Questions Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bigger Bad should be a character in the dynasty. Boris needs a protege! :p

We'll see. :)

I've actually discussed this heavily with Jman2k (who not only is a friend in real life, but a rabid fan of EWA), and I should tell anyone who followed the old diary that, should this come to fruition, to not expect essentially a continual of said old diary. It will be with EWA as it starts in 2013, and I won't be using ye olde editor to essentially "rebuild" that awesome roster. Some characters will return, some I hope will have a chance to return (For he is...), and others due to the shifting environment of the European wrestling scene may sadly never get that opportunity.

While I love my vision of EWA as an over-the-top, wrestlecrap company that values the size of muscles over technical "skills", it did also reach those lofty heights in part to still making some efforts to have a little balance in kinds of talent smattered about the card. Then again, TEW 2013 claims to give even more weight to angles than ever before, so we'll see how things go as we go.

With all of that said, it's still EWA. And I think the inclusions of African Earthquake, Captain Hero, and my personal favorite, WASA's own "The Big Game Hunter" Daniel Jones will go a long ways to making up for the absence of some of my other favorites like The Big Bad (unmasked and now 40... but not ruled out. Wouldn't be shocked to see him return.), Marat Khoklov (please release him, SWF!), and, well... you know... for the children.

No one noticed these titles in my old thread. At least I thought they were funny.

So, first, I haven't been around here in years. However, I noticed 2013 coming out a while ago, and I wanted to try my hand at another diary. Originally I was going to do another BSC diary (like my old diary), but since they've closed their doors...

5:21pm, Tuesday, Week 1, January 2013

http://roafiles.webs.com/TEW%20Diary%20Pics/Brother%20Grimm.jpg

Brother Grimm

"Look, I'm not saying that you're doing anything wrong. In fact if you just ignore me I know that you can, and will do great if you just keep doing what you already are. All I'm saying is that if you want to spice it up a little, you already have Kandii shaking her ass all over the place already. A few more girls aren't going to change much of anything other than giving the guys something extra to watch." Shoot straight, you aren't going to keep his attention for long. I reminded myself.

"I get it, there's no point in trying to sell t*ts and *ss is if you've got no t*ts and *ss to sell. You don't have to tell me that. I've been doing this kind of sh*t since you were taking off your pants for dollar bills." I didn't bother to correct him. Truth be told, I didn't even really believe that he was mistaken. I think he was just trying to throw me. "Still, that's no good reason to start a whole division." He shook his head, but he wasn't selling me it hard enough for me to believe him.

"I get what you're saying, but it's not just about the girls. Hell, it's not even about the girls at all, as I can't even officially offer to work on setting up contracts between you and them anymore, as we've already officially wrapped up all contract dealings." I hoped I hadn't over sold it.

"Officially?" He threw a glance over the top of his shades. I think he didn't even realize that he just bit right down on the hook.

"Officially." I repeated, tapping my nose like such a gesture had some kine of meaning. Whatever power he thought I had unofficially, well, so long as I didn't tell him, he could fill in anything he wanted. "And that's not all. I know you've had had trouble with sponsors. Every promotion that strays outside the expected and tries to deliver a really interesting product does. Still, I've got contacts built up from half a decade in the business. I can probably get you somewhere near ten grand in sponsors if the cards are right. Plus I've got some final supplies that can help, from ring and stage equipment to everything to start properly filming your matches."

Again he shook his head, but rather than saying what I wanted to hear, he asked the question I didn't. "Your company is in the ground, why the hell would I want you running mine?" It was the obvious question, but all I could do was give him the straight truth. Funny how that was a weakness rather than a strength.

"My company is in the ground because I took strippers, dancers and hostesses and turned them into real wrestlers. My company is in the ground because I got too damn stubborn and ran my company the way I wanted to." I stood up, placed my hands on the table, leaning in as far as I could and finished, "My company is in the ground because I started to give a damn about the industry, and I know damn well that you can't fault me for that, so you can either blow me off because you know I'm trying to do the same thing as you, or you hire me because of it."

For a second, I thought he was going to ask me to leave, but then I saw the faint smile at the corner of his lips. "You better be as good as you claim." He put his hand out and I shook it.

"Don't worry, you won't be disappointed." I pulled the bottom of my jacket taunt and smiled. "Now, if we've reached an agreement, I have some people to call."

As soon as I was outside, I lit a cigarette and took a long drag. Perhaps, just perhaps, there was still some place for my girls.

http://roafiles.webs.com/TEW%20Diary%20Pics/Honey%20Golightly_alt1.jpg

Honey Golightly

Self kinda done a DeColt vs Stone fued in the immortal FCK.

I had a few Stones and DeColts in FCK, but it was never a "full blown" feud. I referenced the rivalry, and certainly teased a war, but I definitely didn't write the book on Stones Vs DeColts.

(Looking around the Cornellverse, I didn't see anything immediately that screamed for the next David Mack chapter ( although there are a few ideas still percolating that may come to fruition down the road.) But one idea has taken my fancy and I think I will be pursuing that one initially. )

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n329/Dragonmack/ThomasMorgan_alt1.jpg

I've been in this industry for years. Wrestling is literally my life. While I have had day jobs from time to time, it was wrestling that was my true calling and what I have always come back to.

But it has been a struggle. I see the shows and go to the local promotions when I am those areas. NOTPBW,CGC, 4C, NYCW, CZCW, MAW, even the big three USPW, TCW and SWF. I watch their programs and catch their events when able. I have done independant shows with people who have been with those promotions and went to those promotions afterwards and yet, after all these years, I have never gotten that call.

Why, I don't know. I see these guys, have wrestled with a lot of the ones who have worked with MAW, NYCW, CZCW etc, and I know, I mean I really KNOW, I am better than a bunch of these guys! And its not like I need a lot of money, I love this business! But over the years that chance has never come, the chance to prove that I belong among those who have gotten the opportunity I never did. And now I am tired of waiting. Now, I am going to make my own chance, to prove that they all made a mistake when they overlooked me all these years.

" If you can't join them, BEAT THEM!"

TRADEMARK PRO WRESTLING

Coming soon......

Oooohhh, Shiny!!!

Can't wait for this.

R

(Looking around the Cornellverse, I didn't see anything immediately that screamed for the next David Mack chapter ( although there are a few ideas still percolating that may come to fruition down the road.) But one idea has taken my fancy and I think I will be pursuing that one initially. )

I've been in this industry for years. Wrestling is literally my life. While I have had day jobs from time to time, it was wrestling that was my true calling and what I have always come back to.

But it has been a struggle. I see the shows and go to the local promotions when I am those areas. NOTPBW,CGC, 4C, NYCW, CZCW, MAW, even the big three USPW, TCW and SWF. I watch their programs and catch their events when able. I have done independant shows with people who have been with those promotions and went to those promotions afterwards and yet, after all these years, I have never gotten that call.

Why, I don't know. I see these guys, have wrestled with a lot of the ones who have worked with MAW, NYCW, CZCW etc, and I know, I mean I really KNOW, I am better than a bunch of these guys! And its not like I need a lot of money, I love this business! But over the years that chance has never come, the chance to prove that I belong among those who have gotten the opportunity I never did. And now I am tired of waiting. Now, I am going to make my own chance, to prove that they all made a mistake when they overlooked me all these years.

TRADEMARK PRO WRESTLING

Coming soon......

TRADEMARK PRO WRESTLING

Coming soon......

A most excellent development, yes? :)

Over here, they call me a "young lion." A "gaijin." They really make you pay your dues out here, and I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is this Modern Japan Movement. I came out here for the tradition. I came out here to earn my respect. To earn my right to be a star when I'm older, like my father before me. And I'm not going to stay put while they throw that away.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/darrbot/GregGauge.jpghttp://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/darrbot/BCG.jpg

I'm Greg Gauge. And I'm taking the black.

Plan on possibly doing one based on Genadi's excellent 1987 mod, with my own modifications (primarily for completion and storytelling purposes, so I won't actually release it for that reason (Its not balance designed and its simply a storytelling tool) unless there is some strange demand)

Don't want to say too much because I'm not entirely sure I'll end up doing it but I will say men's wrestling will take a distant backseat to the primary focus of the diary itself.

So I typed this up, and it ended up being five pages long. A bit much for a preview, so here's a trimmed-down version. A preview of a preview, I guess...

The locker room of a wrestling company. Some things never change: The stench of liniment, the heady mix of tobacco and weed, the crates of rapidly emptied forties...

Miss it? No. Not now – it’s been too long, and I've got a lot going on in my life. That I'm here at all is just a fluke. My sportswear company has started an 'edgy' sub-brand (believe me when I say that the person who used the word 'edgy', inverted commas and all, is no longer my employee) and we were looking for companies to sponsor.

I don't miss this... but it doesn't mean that I can't appreciate it. Looking around the place, I can see the same mix of up-and-comers, has-beens and never-weres with whom I mingled for much of my career. One match changed all that, but then one match changed it all again. My life took a different path to the one I was expecting.

I can see in their eyes that, for a lot of the other men in this locker room, life took an unexpected path for them as well. No-one really expects this company to be the next SWF. No-one really expects it to be here in twelve months' time.

I looked a little closer. The same mix? Damn near the exact same people that were here last time I had a gig. Including...

"Eric?"

He looked up, and gave me a half-smile.

"Hello, James. Mitch said you'd be here tonight. He seemed excited."

I shrugged.

"Yeah, I hoped he'd be excited about the deal, but..."

Mitch Naess is the company owner, I suppose, but a less business-like figure it was hard to imagine. For most of the meeting he'd just wanted to talk about DaVE, where I'd had my last gig.

I shook my head. Eric was watching me, his smile threatening to widen.

"Got time to talk?" he asked.

Eric looked up at me from beneath his eyebrows, in a way that – when I recalled the conversation in my hotel room later that night – I would recognise as coolly calculating.

“You know, Mitch is looking for a real investor. Put the money in, and you’d be able to have a say. You know that Mitch is no businessman. So does he, and he’d be happier sitting back and calling the shows.”

“He’s not that good at that.”

“Even so. If you did come in, the boys would be happy to see you – someone who knows wrestling and business? They’ll think they’ve died and gone to heaven.”

“Until I started handing out pink slips.”

“You can’t turn Pittsburgh into California, James.”

“I wouldn’t want to. But there’s a lot of people in that locker room who have no business being paid money to wrestle, if you can call what they do that.”

“If you buy into the company, do me a favour – hold off on the firings. Give them six months.”

“Why?”

“They’ve earned it.”

“Do you know what they say about gratitude in business, Eric?”

“No, what?”

“It’s the politest way to go bankrupt.”

He laughed.

I flexed my knee. In truth, it felt better than the one that hadn’t been ripped in two, nearly twenty years ago. Being a multi-millionaire certainly had its advantages. If I needed to get back in the ring-

I stopped. I looked over at Eric, who returned my look with a knowing smile.

“It never leaves, does it James?”

“No. That’s why I’m here... but I’m not here to buy PSW and push myself to the top.”

“It may not be why you came here, but you have to admit, you’re thinking about it now.”

I was. And I still was, days later, when I picked up my phone and made a few calls.

And I still was, weeks later, as I sat in the locker room and scrawled my signature on the contract that makes me the majority owner of Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling.

so earlier this year I had a diary that I was running with real life TNA, it was fun to write but work was getting in the way, anyway I intend to restart my current TNA diary when I finally get the game, was mugged and they took my bank card on Wednesday so have to wait for that to get sorted anyway here is the back story as to how I, an unknown brit become the head of TNA Wrestling.

National News 10:17am

TV News Reporter: We have some breaking news coming into us here from Tampa Florida , where its reported that Terry Bollea, best know as Hulk Hogan from the wrestling of world, has been arrested this morning. The arrest follows an reported incident that happened in Orlando after shooting an episode of Impact Wrestling for Spike TV.

The City of Tampa Police Department has informed us the arrest was in responds to allegations made by a woman in her early 20's however more details have yet to emerge. Mr Bollea a mega star of the 80's and 90's has been struggling the last few years and was recently involved lawsuit over a sex tape scandal involving Bubba the Love Sponge and his estranged wife Heather Clem. He was also named by QG one of the least influential people of 2012, we will have more on this news story as we get it.

---------

TotalExtemeWrestling.Com - For Real Wrestling News

TNA in Crisis

TNA Wrestling appears to be in crisis this morning as Terry Bollea, aka Hulk Hogan was arrested after in incident with a fan after last nights Impact Wrestling taping. The Incident has made national news and word is that Spike TV officials are deeply upset with TNA for allowing the incident to happen and they expect to be given bad press for airing a product so closely linked with the accused Hulk Hogan, who has been playing the TV General Manager in recent months.

Due to Hulk Hogans onscreen role he is closely linked with many of the current angels on the show, He has been involved with feuds from the Ace's and Eights storyline where he is battling for control of TNA, to funding with Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan in the Tag Team Division and most recently involved with Bully Ray (Aka Bubba Ray Dudley), Austin Aries and his own daughter Brooke Hogan who again has been deeply involved with the company as being Vice President of the Knockout Division, TNA woman's division. The feeling is many of these story lines will be taken of air following today's arrest in whats sure to have a knock on effect in the TNA locker Room.

one unnamed source for within TNA is quoted as saying "The Feeling is Dixie is under-pressure from Spike TV to remove reference to the Hogan name or risk having Impact Wrestling taken of air" one thing can be sure TNA is in crisis this morning.

----------

ImpactWrestling.com

A Statement from Dixie Carter;

as many of you may have heard, its with my deepest regrets to announce that Terry Bollea, known to many of you as Hulk Hogan was arrested this morning. We here at TNA Wrestling are working in connection with the City of Tampa and Orlando police department to get this matter settled and we hope to return to normal as quickly as possible.

However the show must go on, and we as a company must distant ourselves away from this mess. So after discussions with Spike TV produces and the staff here at Impact Wrestling I am sad to announce that Eric Bischoff long time friend of Hulk Hogan has decided to step down from his position with the company until this matter is settled, now Brooke Hogan will be removed from TV for the immediate future to remove her from the line light after the arrest of her father.

In there place I have chosen to put Mr Pete Phillipson a British born producer who has been working with TNA for the last few years behind the scenes. He will be handling all the TV taping for the next few months. I wish Mr Phillipson the best of luck in this difficult time for TNA wrestling.

So that's the pitch Hogan the man the TNA Universe has centered on for the last few years arrested and maybe going to jail, every storyline that him or his daughter was connected with scrapped, Bischoff walking out hours later, the locker room moral a mess due to the incident and pressure from Spike TV due to the product being in the news for all the wrong reason and maybe a lawsuit against the company as more information on Hogans arrest becomes clear.

Should be a fun diary both on screen and off so looking forward to it.

It's been a long time since I've seen some good, quality wrestling. There always needs to be some good, Southern twang to the matches. Southern Championship Class Wrestling did a good job I suppose...but I wasn't the biggest fan. Texas Wrestling League? That's something I could get behind...

"Chief Two Eagles is stompin' his way to ring, lookin' like a bat outta hell as he marches toward Professor Nero!"

Boy, talk about some action. Though, those days have gone like the wild west. Though, I've got an idea. I'm not exactly the smartest guy or richest guy out there, but I know a thing or two about professional wrestling...

"He's climbing the top rope, the tables are set!"

Texas ain't what it use to be. Cowboys and Indians have gone out of style. Those flashy youngsters from down south with their colorful masks ain't what they use to be either...with a few exceptions I suppose...

"Springboard hurricanrana! Moonsault! Suicide dive! All hell is breaking loose!"

All wrestling seems to be about nowadays is just soap operas, when I watched it, we had some action with ours...

"The chair is just covered in blood! AND ANOTHER SHOT!"

We weren't the toughest bunch of fellers, nothing fancy like those lights and fire, but we had our fair share of barbed wire. Can't say much for that kind of style nowadays, but I sure as hell like it...

"He's wrapping the barbed wire around his fists! For the love of God please stop this match!"

I got to say though, I'm still close with that old style of wrestling too...

"Punch after punch after punch! He's looking to finish it off with a massive elbow from the top."

They say only two kinds of folk come out of Texas, ya got yer steers

"He fell off the ladder, he fell through the table, he's been bustin' his ass up and down the ring tonight, and best of all, he's still got some fight left in him!"

And...well..you know the rest...

"I don't know how he is doing it! He just won't tap!"

If y'all are ready for some good, ole fashion wrasslin' with a bit of flair, then I suppose I got some place where y'all can come on down...

http://i.imgur.com/8oywK.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/vZapN.jpg

Well...here goes nothing.

So after a few false starts over a few years, I finally got my act together and wrote out three months of a CGC dynasty. 15 shows, including three PPVs. And I was pretty happy with it too.

Of course, as I was starting it up, TEW2013 was announced. And my initial plan was to at least post the three months, on the theory that I had them... but then I thought, well, no. I'd probably want to use a lot of the plotlines in any 2013 dynasty I did. So why not save the remaining stuff for that, and start fresh with the '13 dynasty, knowing that I'd already written 20 hours of wrestling with these characters, and could start from that position?

So here I am. I now need to figure out how what I had fits into what I want to do...

So after a few false starts over a few years, I finally got my act together and wrote out three months of a CGC dynasty. 15 shows, including three PPVs. And I was pretty happy with it too.

Of course, as I was starting it up, TEW2013 was announced. And my initial plan was to at least post the three months, on the theory that I had them... but then I thought, well, no. I'd probably want to use a lot of the plotlines in any 2013 dynasty I did. So why not save the remaining stuff for that, and start fresh with the '13 dynasty, knowing that I'd already written 20 hours of wrestling with these characters, and could start from that position?

So here I am. I now need to figure out how what I had fits into what I want to do...

I was in a very similar position but with TCW, I was quite lucky that the rosters and even pushes were very similar to 2010 so I didn't have to change much. Not looked at CGC in great detail but I believe it's quite similar for them too?

Either way they are one of my favourite promotions so I will look forward to a diary for them

Very similar, yes... a few guys left or retired, and there's a new crop of rookies, but 90% of the roster is the same.

Obviously, I have to switch up the storylines around the titles -- Alex has the main belt as opposed to Jack, which is no big difference, I suppose. But Dan DaLay's 2011-12 World Title run means I can't do a storyline where Eddie Chandler questions his relevance to the stable, and while I could do a variation of the Joey Poison midcard title story with Christian Price, I can't do the one I was thinking of doing. (I also need to figure out how to write for Price, who was pretty lousy three years ago and mostly an afterthought.)

Meanwhile, a few of the other storylines I was planning are no longer usable -- I was doing one about Phil Vibert coming into CGC and trying to build a roster of clients, and one about the then-recent breakup of the Specialists, and one in which Gargantuan was a new and unpredictable monster. None of those are even true any more, so... yeah. I'm not actually sure WHAT I can bring over from the previous versions. Well, except the characterizations, which are the toughest part anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/B265J.jpg

"I'm the last outlaw."

http://i.imgur.com/2JQRF.jpg

"..."

http://i.imgur.com/1xY3R.jpg

"They call me The Hunter...that's my name."

http://i.imgur.com/8oywK.jpg

"The Wild West never changed."

http://i.imgur.com/py73u.jpg

"My people have been given the chance to rise up."

http://i.imgur.com/rjLRK.jpg

"I'm more than just another pretty face..."

http://i.imgur.com/B265J.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/2JQRF.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/1xY3R.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/vZapN.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/8oywK.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/py73u.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/rjLRK.jpg

*December 1996*

Hollyweird Grappling Company opens, with the backing of a Millionaire and Sam Strong and Rip Chord on the roster the "Modern Era" war began ...

*January 1997*

Phil Vibert takes over DaVE and the East Coast Wars are on ...

*July 2001*

USPW and DaVE (the last surviving East Coast Regional Promotion) battle to become the third US promotion, while above them the HGC and SWF war wages on ...

*June 2009*

Steve DeColt leaves his brothers and CGC joining NOTBPW and the hated Stones and the Canadian war begins ..

*October 2012*

USPW joined TCW and SWF as a big three and the war for US dominance waged on ...

*January 2013*

The West Coast Wars are looking set to begin ...

Grimm SoCal Wrestling lead by High-Profile Rapper Brother Grimm having left IPW declares war on them stealing an handful of their talent for their debut roster ...

Meanwhile Nemesis over at IPW says "If you thought the East Coast War was brutal you haven't seen anything yet!"

And the war is on along the West Coast with GSW vs IPW .. Or is it ...

An advert begins airing on BOOTV ..

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/TEW13/BOOTV.jpg

Barbed wire boards, cage walls, 1,000s of thumbtacks covering a table top, blood dripping from the eye holes of a mask, a Bra and Panties hanging over the back of a chair and the camera slowly pans up a pair of female legs ...

... and the advertisement cuts to black and then ends with this logo ...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/TEW13/ELITE.jpg